• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alert WARNING ⚠️ | Indecent exposure between Padron - Santiago

Topics realted to Hazards on the camino de Santiago
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elis12

Time of past OR future Camino
4C010A98-0610-41B8-990A-30DC513FDFBA.jpeg20ish years old guy with glasses stopped next to me in Rua de Francos (Concello de Teo) while I was changing poncho/ jacket, pretended to talk on the phone waiting for someone and when I turned around he was jacking off.

Started walking, turned around after few seconds (I was in shock) and started screaming at him, pulled my phone and manage to take this picture while he was fleeing.

Stay safe 🙏🏼

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello @Elis12,

First, let me say that I am very sorry to read this report. I know from similar personal experiences on the camino that something like this will leave you with a sense of disgust and repulsion. I hope that you can shake it off, especially as you are so close to what should be a joyous entrance into Santiago.

I know this may not be something that sounds enjoyable, but it would really be helpful if you could report this incident to whatever police officials you can find. Particularly with the picture of the car, it may help them find this guy. I had one similar experience on Monte de Gozo, and though I could not take a picture, I did write down the license plate number. The police I encountered on the way into Santiago were very eager to get the license number, and said they would be making a visit to the home, because in many instances, the family can be an important part of finding a solution. I have found the Spanish police to always be very concerned and interested in stopping this disgusting behavior.

Wishing you the best of everything and hoping that you find the time and the strength to report this awful incident. Buen Camino

Hello @Elis12,

First, let me say that I am very sorry to read this report. I know from similar personal experiences on the camino that something like this will leave you with a sense of disgust and repulsion. I hope that you can shake it off, especially as you are so close to what should be a joyous entrance into Santiago.

I know this may not be something that sounds enjoyable, but it would really be helpful if you could report this incident to whatever police officials you can find. Particularly with the picture of the car, it may help them find this guy. I had one similar experience on Monte de Gozo, and though I could not take a picture, I did write down the license plate number. The police I encountered on the way into Santiago were very eager to get the license number, and said they would be making a visit to the home, because in many instances, the family can be an important part of finding a solution. I have found the Spanish police to always be very concerned and interested in stopping this disgusting behavior.

Wishing you the best of everything and hoping that you find the time and the strength to report this awful incident. Buen Camino
Thanks a lot 🙏🏼🙏🏼 I reported him already. Hope he won’t bother anyone again 😔

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
View attachment 16701520ish years old guy with glasses stopped next to me in Rua de Francos (Concello de Teo) while I was changing poncho/ jacket, pretended to talk on the phone waiting for someone and when I turned around he was jacking off.

Started walking, turned around after few seconds (I was in shock) and started screaming at him, pulled my phone and manage to take this picture while he was fleeing.

Stay safe 🙏🏼
Muy bien hecho, chica. Please be sure to do what helps you today, including talking to friends and close people in your circle. As well as reporting it. That, crucial. Cuidado.

View attachment 16701520ish years old guy with glasses stopped next to me in Rua de Francos (Concello de Teo) while I was changing poncho/ jacket, pretended to talk on the phone waiting for someone and when I turned around he was jacking off.

Stay safe 🙏🏼
Yuck. So sorry you had to see that. Thank you so much for sharing and thank you for reporting! 🙏❤️

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello @Elis12,

Well done on reporting and sorry you had this happen. It’s happened to me three times on different Caminos. Is it happening more, I seem to read of more? It’s another thing women have to experience …. But it won’t stop us women the freedom to walk. I always think even though it really shakes you up , I believe these men are sick cowards and won’t come near us.

Agree, they are cowardly. If they were dangerous, they wouldn't give you a warning by pulling it out. I would probably be so mad, I would kick some butt. I have been lifting weights for the past year and am feeling strong. Seriously, though....how pathetic. Don't let it ruin the Camino for you, that would be the sad part. If it happens to me, I hope I have a pole ready to give it a whack!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
If they were dangerous, they wouldn't give you a warning by pulling it out.
The behaviour of some of these individuals can escalate and become dangerous. That is why reporting such incidents is so important, even if no obvious harm has taken place on this occasion.

Thanks to @Elis12 for reporting this to the Forum and to the authorities. Now that the incident has been reported and members have provided some feedback and thanks to the OP, I will close the thread.

Buen camino, @Elis12 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back