• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Lodging between Padron and Santiago

Laura M

C.P. 2023
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portuguese 2023
My husband and I are walking the Portuguese Camino in October. The last stage (Padron to Santiago, 25.6 K) is a bit too long for us to cover in one day. Can anyone suggest a midpoint for lodging? Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Lots of options on the Gronze website. Many of them bookable through booking.com.

Laura, There is a wonderful new Albergue in Milladoiro which is about 7 klm. before Santiago. It is a new dormitory town for Santiago. the albergue is beautiful and the staff so very welcoming and helpful. I have stayed there twice before and will stay again in four weeks time. True it adds another day, but why would we slog through the heat of the late afternoon instead of a pleasant walk in the cool of the morning?.
There is a well equipped kitchen, but also there is a restaurant a few door away
the Albergue Milladoiro is as far as I am concerned the Parador of albergues.
Buen Camino to you and your husband

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Lots of options on the Gronze website. Many of them bookable through booking.com.
Thank you for the very helpful website.

I stayed last October at Hotel Payro in O Milladoiro. The staff were very pleasant, and I had a comfortable, clean, spacious room, with good heating (it was a cold night). With a walk of only 7 km to Santiago in the morning, I arrived in plenty of time to drop my backpack at my accommodation and get to the cathedral for the 12 noon pilgrims' mass.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are staying about 4k past Padron at Olagar De Jesus - looks nice on the website. Still leaves 20k to Santiago tho.

I stayed in Padron. on my last Camino Portugues from Lisbon. I wanted to eat the peppers from Padron and I did. So yummy, though of course just the same as everywhere else in Galicia.

After Padron, I went on to stay in the Payro. Lovely place with more great food and it allowed for an easy following day into SdC. So I second @gml in support of the Payro. Highly recommended.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Currently staying at Casa Aldea de Pedreiros. Just north of Teo, 12 k from Santiago. Nice quiet country place, good dorms, few people as not on Gronze or Wise Pilgrim. Only issue is nearby restaurants closed today, but there is a food truck on site for burgers and snacks. Or don't stay on Tuesdays!

Most read last week in this forum

I’ll be finishing the Caminho Português next month. Last year I wore Hoka Challenger 6 ATR shoes. I did have some blisters and foot pain, but a lot could have been due to the 30+km days from...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...
We arrived in Porto by train from Lisbon yesterday afternoon. Long haul from Australia via Singapore, Milan and Madrid departed April 23. Our first encounter with other pilgrams was when 3...
Hello pilgrims, I have unfortunately hurt my knee(s) on the second day of walking from Porto. I pushed through some more kilometers, but I had to take a break in Marinhas. I tried everything to...
Hello, I lost my GoPro with all my pictures on the Camino between Pedra Furada and Aborim last week. Is there a lost and found in SDC? Any other ideas? Thanks and Buen Camino.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back