A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Water bladder, disposable bottle, reusable bottle? I have the answer!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
In an effort to dispel the cloud of gloom hanging over my head I've been combing the internet for items that might cheer me and I just came upon the solution to the eternal discourse on how to carry your water - a CHANEL water bottle we should all have one, perhaps Ivar might like to start stocking them before the rush to buy sets in?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
In an effort to dispel the cloud of gloom hanging over my head I've been combing the internet for items that might cheer me and I just came upon the solution to the eternal discourse on how to carry your water - a CHANEL water bottle we should all have one, perhaps Ivar might like to start stocking them before the rush to buy sets in?
What no diamonds!!!
Could not possibly use this without it being encased with diamonds

Bradypus

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Not sure if I should be laughing or crying, especially when I can get a 500-750 ml bottle from any supermarket for less than $2.5 (Oz - or about E1.75) and when its days are over thoughtfully place it in a recycle bin. Cheers

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
Perfect gift for the man who has everything except brains...

formysons

Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles - Santiago 2009; Portuguese, Ingles, Finesterre and Muxia - 2019.
Oh my !!!
I can do quite a few Caminos with that amount

jblaskovits

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances and Finisterre 2015
Chemin d'Arles and Camino Aragonés 2018
Camino Portugués 2019
Christmas list for 2020? A bit of bling for The Way!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Not sure if I should be laughing or crying, especially when I can get a 500-750 ml bottle from any supermarket for less than $2.5 (Oz - or about E1.75) and when its days are over thoughtfully place it in a recycle bin. Cheers
Both, cry at the wastage but imagine one of these falling off somebody's pack and they have to descend and reascend O Cebreiro to retrieve it - ROLF is the expression I think?

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2005,2008,2010,2015.camino Portuguese 2007 .primativo2012.camino Norte 2009.sjpdp to finisterre and muxia 2007. Le Puy to jpdp 2006. Via francigena vercelli to Lucca 2014. Lucca to Rome 2016.
Diamonds? - they'd clash with my tiara!
Tiara!!
If you want some more diamonds Jeff to go with your Tiara, I can lend you some ...I have collected so many over the years.
Now what about buying me that bottle you mentioned above and I can glue some of them onto it ..just add the superglue in the Jiffy bag
Thanking you in anticipation!!
Annette

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino in 2020
After....... 1 second deliberation, I prefer the style of my good old, battered and dented Cancer Research drinking flask (which I probably won't take on my first Camino as it's heavy!)

Shinobi42

Camino(s) past & future
Camino de la Costa from Irun to Nueva 2018
Camino de la Costa from Nueva to Muxia (2020)
Fits perfect with these Gucci Flip Flops. Let's all become Snob'o'grinos ;)

Hurry Krishna

Indian on the Way
Camino(s) past & future
2009 (from Sarria), 2014 from St Jean Pied de Port, 2016 from Porto, 2018 from Le Puy to Santiago.
A bit chichi for a guy don't you think? Unless Chanel do a DPM one.
Perfect for the SNAG and the Metro-sexual man, I understand - studded with pink pearls and blue sapphires for an androgynous look 😉

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Perfect for the SNAG and the Metro-sexual man, I understand - studded with pink pearls and blue sapphires for an androgynous look 😉
How things have changed:

The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink , being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.

Clothing catalogue 1918

pelerine

Camino(s) past & future
Norte 10, Primitivo 13, Plata 14+15, Salvador 16, Torres 17, Portugues 18, Mozarabe 19
Fits perfect with these Gucci Flip Flops. Let's all become Snob'o'grinos ;)

Great class! Just what we want on a camino!

How things have changed:

The generally accepted rule is pink for the boys, and blue for the girls. The reason is that pink , being a more decided and stronger color, is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.

Clothing catalogue 1918
Where on earth did you find this, Jeff?

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
How things have changed:

Clothing catalogue 1918
Changed? I love my pink speedoes 😁

Anthony Rocco

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Ignaciano, Aragones, Arle, Tolosana, Salvador, Primitivo, Madrid, Olvidado/Invierno (2020)
After walking 8 different caminos and countless treks in the western Sierras, the four corners area of the southwest U.S. (which should be on everyone's bucket list) and the Blue Ridge, the C2C and Offa's Dyke (the most exhausting of all walks), the hands down winner is a San Pelligrino bottle. It holds a lot, is tall so easily accessible from most backpacks which put the bottles in positions difficult to reach while walking, weighs nothing, easy to clean and lasts forever. My two bottles have now logged over 3000 miles.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
After walking 8 different caminos and countless treks in the western Sierras, the four corners area of the southwest U.S. (which should be on everyone's bucket list) and the Blue Ridge, the C2C and Offa's Dyke (the most exhausting of all walks), the hands down winner is a San Pelligrino bottle. It holds a lot, is tall so easily accessible from most backpacks which put the bottles in positions difficult to reach while walking, weighs nothing, easy to clean and lasts forever. My two bottles have now logged over 3000 miles.
And besides, who on the Camino could resist "Saint Pilgrim's" water?

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I think that someone who would have the money and the inclination to buy a bottle like that might be generous enough to extend two fingers.
Shocked, shocked I say, to think a Moderator would . . . . ;)

Shinobi42

Camino(s) past & future
Google is (sometimes) your friend. Little boys often used to wear dresses too:

View attachment 69445
The Italian soccer team of Juventus Turino once was playing in pink jerseys and ordered new ones in England. Because of a mistake they got the now well known black and white striped ones. They stayed with this design. But pink is still used some times for the away shirt.

Shinobi42

Camino(s) past & future
..., the hands down winner is a San Pelligrino bottle.
After I have lost my Nalgene bottle on the first day I made the rest with a belgian plastic bottle from Spa. Two of them are still part of my essential hiking gear.

Rosemary Boyd

Camino(s) past & future
future
Hi ... they are difficult to clean with such a narrow neck.

pelerine

Camino(s) past & future
Norte 10, Primitivo 13, Plata 14+15, Salvador 16, Torres 17, Portugues 18, Mozarabe 19
Got rid of it!
Why? Because of the difficulty of cleaning it? How about Shinobi42’s suggestion of using Chanel 5? That should be easy enough, especially on a camino where you can get it in quantities in the smallest minimarket!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 326 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock