A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Weather Mid May?Mid June

Hello all,

I'm planning on walking the Camino Frances from May 13 - June 19, and was wondering what I should be looking at for weather and temperatures.

Thanks much,
Brad :)

May/June on the Camino Frances

Hi all

I'm walking at the same time as Brad and also wondering what I should take with me. I've heard stories from cold rain to blistering heat compounded by threats of such crowds that I may end up sleeping in doorways or prohibitively expensive hotels. I did a couple of days trial last year and loved it so I am certainly not put off. However I do wonder whether I should put a tent in my bag (2kg) as an insurance or just a light plastic sheet.

Then again I could use the weight for a mandolin and a bottle of scotch!

May see you there Brad.

hi, this is dawn from canada. can you boys let me know about the weather, i am also doing the trail around the same time. I plan on starting at St.J. and finishing at finisterre. I am looking at 7 weeks.

Staff member
Donating Member
Hi everyone,

I as stated above, April/May may give you a bit of everything when it comes to the weather. Other than that, I can only point to some other weather related threads and some weather statistics.

This thread has some god information:

You can find some weather statistics (for Santiago de Compostela) on this page:
http://www.santiago-today.com/santiago- ... ebcams.cfm

Regarding tenting, have a look here for some earlier posts on this topic:

Buen camino!

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.3%
  • April

Votes: 56 17.4%
  • May

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • June