A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Weather on either side of summer

0 Euro Camino Bank Note

BBO

Camino(s) past & future
(2020)
Okay... Finally getting to the final stages of planning for my first Camino 😎🌞
However, I wonder a little about the weather, so hoping someone has some experience to share. I would prefer some 15-20C at night and 20-25C at Day. Preferebly mostly dry. Would you guys lean more towards may/June or end August/september?
Thanks 😊

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I’m a harvest time advocate.

So I vote August/September.

Temps during day may be hotter than you wish.

Buen camino.

Lirsy

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo, Norte, Francés, Volunteer Hospitalero.
If you plan the CF, August / September will, almost certainly, be hotter. And for what refers to May / June, temperatures could be around what you have indicated (or a little hotter).

If you plan to take a camino in the north, probably August / September will be around what you indicated.

BBO

Camino(s) past & future
(2020)
I’m a harvest time advocate.

So I vote August/September.

Temps during day may be hotter than you wish.

Buen camino.
Thanks for your input, nycwalking! I have a feeling that the later season will have a more "crisp" air, than the presummer... But not sure if that applies to the region on Northern Spain 🤣 Also, I guess the later you go in September, the cooler it gets, at least on average...

BBO

Camino(s) past & future
(2020)
If you plan the CF, August / September will, almost certainly, be hotter. And for what refers to May / June, temperatures could be around what you have indicated (or a little hotter).

If you plan to take a camino in the north, probably August / September will be around what you indicated.
Thanks @Lirsy I am planning for the CF. :)

davebugg

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Camino Frances (2018)
Camino Ingles (2019)
Thanks for your input, nycwalking! I have a feeling that the later season will have a more "crisp" air, than the presummer... But not sure if that applies to the region on Northern Spain 🤣 Also, I guess the later you go in September, the cooler it gets, at least on average...
Late September and into October would be closer to your desired temperature range.

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
I walked in August/September. Only a few days with light rain, mostly sunny and temps. generally 25-28 during the day; cool, crisp mornings and cool evenings. Perfect for me.

Ha' en god tur 🙂

Reactions: BBO
Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
JLWV Weather 8
W Weather 12
K Weather 10
B Weather 11
Peggy and David Weather 5

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 265 24.4%