• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What wonderfull People..each and every one

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
As I lay here in pain
I open up the forum for at least the fifth time today..and find comfort

I see some Absolutly Stunning images of Portugal..and read about Journeys and Pilgrimages
Adventures and trials
Tribulations.

And I am struck by wonder
What wonderful People you are!
A world wide Family
Or aquaintance at the least.

I hope you all Found..Find or recieve something from the Road to Santiago.

Or have something given back to you when you reach the end..of that road..this time
Be Blessed all!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ahh.lol!
A 48 year old still thinking he is 21...
Over did some good Samaritan deeds the other nite and paying for them.

I really must think about acting my physical age..someday !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Somewhere in my head
I am still able to go any distance..
I feel the optimismand wonder of the late 60s and early 70s.
Everything was new..to me at least
But also there seemed to be a swttled Joy at life and living.
Grounded it seems.
Then the endless possibility of the 80s..

Here i am
Always out of time and place..and yet fully involved.
Peter Pan moment this morning.
I wonder if the Way isnt a Neverland
Where people.Never Land..they still have unburnt wings?

But there is a Joy,
A fierce Enigmatic Joy here.
Ever Green and ever new
It seems we will never need to lay our bodies down.
The Way will simply take us.

I sit here on the Sea's shore
Waiting for her to open up the drawer and give up her secrets,

A Slow poke on the super highway.
As on my road..
Always faster
Always on the edge
Somehow behind.

The waves, tides, droplets of water
The peoples before
To come.. and each one making up the tide rushing ashore at Santiago.

Somewhere in my head
I am still able to go any distance..
I feel the optimismand wonder of the late 60s and early 70s.
Everything was new..to me at least
But also there seemed to be a swttled Joy at life and living.
Grounded it seems.
Then the endless possibility of the 80s..

Here i am
Always out of time and place..and yet fully involved.
Peter Pan moment this morning.
I wonder if the Way isnt a Neverland
Where people.Never Land..they still have unburnt wings?

But there is a Joy,
Ever Green and ever new

I sit here on the Sea's shore
Waiting for her to open up the drawer and give up her secrets,

A Slow poke on the super highway.
As on my road..
Always faster
Always on the edge
Somehow behind.

The waves, tides, droplets of water
The peoples before
To come.. and each one making up the tide rushing ashore at Santiago.

We'll all learn to act our ages - eventually :eek:
Think that a line from another thread would make a good title for this poem: A Walk Suited to Older Bones

Hope that you improve and continue to take comfort from Comunidad del Camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This morning i feel as young as i feel.
Some mornings after a morphine..
I positively..Bounce!
Then my amazing medicine metabolism kicks in and 2 hour later....
But
Life is good.
I have amazing adventures by just staying open and ready for wonders!

Last edited:
But there is a Joy,
Ever Green and ever new

Bodies age. I have an appointment with my doctor today about that pesky arthritis. But the gifts that I am receiving with aging, including the joy of the camino, are infinitely greater than what I have lost. I love that image of being taken by the Way and I have no serious objections to the eagles assisting with the process of recycling my body, always providing that I am finished with it.

As I lay here in pain
I open up the forum for at least the fifth time today..and find comfort

I see some Absolutly Stunning images of Portugal..and read about Journeys and Pilgrimages
Adventures and trials
Tribulations.

And I am struck by wonder
What wonderful People you are!
A world wide Family
Or aquaintance at the least.

I hope you all Found..Find or recieve something from the Road to Santiago.

Or have something given back to you when you reach the end..of that road..this time
Be Blessed all!
I am sorry you are in pain:( Are you on the Camino at this time?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Joodle.
No sadly..here at home..back home,from the seashore.
Couldnt sleep..but thats ok..i got some pics of some surfers and found a sea bean..and a little scallop shell ill be taking with me when i get to go!
Its grey with sun age..but its whole and complete at around the size of a euro☺

Joodle.
No sadly..here at home..back home,from the seashore.
Couldnt sleep..but thats ok..i got some pics of some surfers and found a sea bean..and a little scallop shell ill be taking with me when i get to go!
Its grey with sun age..but its whole and complete at around the size of a euro☺
Now that it's so close to my time of departure, I'm scared.. I've had so much fun training, shopping and getting my gear together. I'm worried that the journey might just seem like torture with the walking so far everyday. Ready or not, here I go in less than two weeks. :eek:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
:) and when will that be?

is it your first or another one to add to your experiences? :rolleyes:

When do you head out, Angie? I will be leaving from SJPP on the morning of May 12th for my first Camino.

Now that it's so close to my time of departure, I'm scared.. I've had so much fun training, shopping and getting my gear together. I'm worried that the journey might just seem like torture with the walking so far everyday. Ready or not, here I go in less than two weeks. :eek:
sometimes the Joy is found in the Journey..the moment you stop being the viceral person..and start being the person you are.
The length wont matter..ohh well during the walk..it may come to mind
But at Santiagos House..what are steps?
A few drops of sweat?
A worn pair of shoes...
And such an Immensely Profound feeling of whole...ness..complete..ness.
The essential,You.

Take This Life
All and every portion of it
Throw yourself fully into the Way
And you will get every part of it back
The good stuff.
Anything you leave behind..stays behind..

Your not ever looking at your shadow before you on the Way to Santiago de Compostella.
That shadow is always behind you
To be evaporated under Spanish skys.

Youll find i think
That...

You will not quite fit in your own skin anymore and that is a gift.
You will not quite fit in at home anymore...
Thats ok..we understand.
Be Brave
Be Joyfull
Be Blessed!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
:) and when will that be?

is it your first or another one to add to your experiences? :rolleyes:

The Sooner
The Better!

"Buck Fever"
That is, all that nervous energy has worn to a smooth shine.
Every one of you all has taken me in hand
Reassured and shown that..

Its ok...I can do this.
Hopefully before ime 50 to,tell you the truth..
May be a Autumnal walk..for the cool dry air..or early Spring.
I will walk where you have walked
Smelled the air
Tasted the fruit
Sipped a little wine at Irache.

I will get there
It is feeling like the one great love in life.
If i dont take a chance and take a dance..i will miss THE chance..
The road, a dance of life in purest form.

I wanted to try for this Autumn..
But i think Santiago will holler when the time is perfect.

When do you head out, Angie? I will be leaving from SJPP on the morning of May 12th for my first Camino.
I start walking on May 17th (fly into Madrid on the 16th)
I'll be right behind you :)

I am SO frustrated! Yesterday my plantar fasciitis on my right foot decided to rear it's ugly head...no problems for two years until yesterday - and my left knee is acting up. Couldn't even walk a mile today. So I'm taking it easy for a few days.

It has got me a tad bit worried :(

I "feel you" on the scared part. At first I was so excited and like you - lots of fun planning and training, but now I feel a bit like I did many years ago when I was 8 months pregnant - "Ummm...I don't think I want to do this - I would like to change my mind" HAH! not hardly, just had to accept I was going to have a baby and that's that!

I could change my mind about all this ~ but I'm not going to. Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
sometimes the Joy is found in the Journey..the moment you stop being the viceral person..and start being the person you are.
The length wont matter..ohh well during the walk..it may come to mind
But at Santiagos House..what are steps?
A few drops of sweat?
A worn pair of shoes...
And such an Immensely Profound feeling of whole...ness..complete..ness.
The essential,You.

Take This Life
All and every portion of it
Throw yourself fully into the Way
And you will get every part of it back
The good stuff.
Anything you leave behind..stays behind..

Your not ever looking at your shadow before you on the Way to Santiago de Compostella.
That shadow is always behind you
To be evaporated under Spanish skys.

Youll find i think
That...

You will not quite fit in your own skin anymore and that is a gift.
You will not quite fit in at home anymore...
Thats ok..we understand.
Be Brave
Be Joyfull
Be Blessed!

Just loved reading this....

I start walking on May 17th (fly into Madrid on the 16th)
I'll be right behind you :)

I am SO frustrated! Yesterday my plantar fasciitis on my right foot decided to rear it's ugly head...no problems for two years until yesterday - and my left knee is acting up. Couldn't even walk a mile today. So I'm taking it easy for a few days.

It has got me a tad bit worried :(

I "feel you" on the scared part. At first I was so excited and like you - lots of fun planning and training, but now I feel a bit like I did many years ago when I was 8 months pregnant - "Ummm...I don't think I want to do this - I would like to change my mind" HAH! not hardly, just had to accept I was going to have a baby and that's that!

I could change my mind about all this ~ but I'm not going to. Buen Camino!

That's me exactly. My right knee has been causing some problems. I have to take 800 mg three times a day to keep it under control. My husband knows that I'm scared, but he says that he will throw me out of the car at the airport, and my backpack after me, if I try to change my mind at the last minute. Ha Ha, he's got my back. Really, my pride will see me through, and I know myself, I always get nervous at the last minute. I'm off for a 10 miler today. I had a banana and 800 mg Ibuprofen, the breakfast of Pilgrims. I'm good to go:D;)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
That's me exactly. My right knee has been causing some problems. I have to take 800 mg three times a day to keep it under control. My husband knows that I'm scared, but he says that he will throw me out of the car at the airport, and my backpack after me, if I try to change my mind at the last minute. Ha Ha, he's got my back. Really, my pride will see me through, and I know myself, I always get nervous at the last minute. I'm off for a 10 miler today. I had a banana and 800 mg Ibuprofen, the breakfast of Pilgrims. I'm good to go:D;)
Buen camino Joodle:
My doctor told me yesterday that eating a banana is very good to coat the stomach when you are taking a strong NSAID for arthritis, so it sounds like you know what you're doing. All the best on your journey. You will love it.

Most read last week in this forum

Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
A nice warm soak eases tired bones, and I was just wondering if there are any Thermal Spas along the Camino Frances
The Holy See has published details concerning the 2025 Roman Jubilee of Hope here : https://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/bulls/documents/20240509_spes-non-confundit_bolla-giubileo2025.html...
There are some minor (and good) changes in the new Pilgrim Credential. 1. The credential now includes a QR code to scan, which will take you to the Registration webpage. Very handy, as you are...
Can someone put together a calendar of holidays in Spain for pilgrims to use as part of their planning? I’ve never gotten stuck, but it seems that, once or twice, posters are caught trying to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back