• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

where to buy pilgrimage passport in Burgos

Tinatseng

Time of past OR future Camino
starting from Burgos in May 2018
I am starting from Burgos for this pilgrimage, but I arrive Burgos in the evening. I think the cathedral closes at 8:30pm. Where else can I buy my pilgrimage passport after 7pm? Thank you

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am starting from Burgos for this pilgrimage, but I arrive Burgos in the evening. I think the cathedral closes at 8:30pm. Where else can I buy my pilgrimage passport after 7pm? Thank you

You can buy one at the pilgrim albergue Casa del Cuba,
C. Fernán González, 28,
which is open until 22:30. You need not stay there to obtain one. See more here
https://www.gronze.com/castilla-y-leon/burgos/burgos/albergue-peregrinos-casa-cubo-y-lerma

Good luck and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
They sell the passport even in the evening hours too?

Thanks

Yes they do at the registration desk in the lobby as you enter the albergue. In the past there was always a hospitelera/o at or nearby the desk until closing.

Good luck and Buen camino!

Also at the municipal behind the cathedral. And if there are other places, the people in the tourist info office would know. It's on the south side of the cathedral plaza.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Also at the municipal behind the cathedral. And if there are other places, the people in the tourist info office would know. It's on the south side of the cathedral plaza.

Thank you for the information.
My concern is: will I be able to buy the credential book in the evening hours, since I arrive Burgos after 7pm. Some people told me that most likely there won't be people at the reception at the public Albergue after 4pm.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The municipal albergue IS called "Casa del Cubo (y de los Lerma)" as @mspath suggested.
https://www.gronze.com/castilla-y-leon/burgos/burgos/albergue-peregrinos-casa-cubo-y-lerma

Great...Thanks. I was just looking at this albergue's information too.
Another question, I can make reservation on those municipal albergue right? As for May, this albergue might be full by the time I arrive at 7pm ish.
Even if I can't stay there, I can always buy a credential book from this albergue, right?

Some people told me that most likely there won't be people at the reception at the public Albergue after 4pm.

The albergue and the reception desk at the municipal albergue, behind the Cathedral, are open until 10pm. It shouldn't be a problem to get your credencial before then.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Great...Thanks. I was just looking at this albergue's information too.
Another question, I can make reservation on those municipal albergue right? As for May, this albergue might be full by the time I arrive at 7pm ish.
Even if I can't stay there, I can always buy a credential book from this albergue, right?
You can't make a reservation in municipal, parrochial or Xunta (that's in Galicia) albergues but you can do so in private albergues or other accommodations.
You will be able to obtain your credencial until the albergue closes.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Maybe you mean the parochial one on Lain Calvo? Santiago y Santa Catalina?
I just checked Google Maps. It's not actually directly behind the cathedral. It's on that street, though, San Fernán, and they show the name as Associación de Amigos del Camino. The sign by the door says "Albergue de Peregrinos."
"Get out time" is posted as eight AM. Staff turned out the lights at 07:57 and someone said, "You think all these pilgrims are going to locate their shoes faster in the dark?"

I just checked Google Maps. It's not actually directly behind the cathedral. It's on that street, though, San Fernán, and they show the name as Associación de Amigos del Camino. The sign by the door says "Albergue de Peregrinos."
"Get out time" is posted as eight AM. Staff turned out the lights at 07:57 and someone said, "You think all these pilgrims are going to locate their shoes faster in the dark?"
Hahahaha, you can never really believe what hospitaleros on duty there said to you. I remember from 2016 I wanted to watch a European Football Championship match (forgot the contestants now) and when asked if I came back at 11pm because of the football game they assured me it would be OK. But it wasn't. The door was locked and I was out on the street and all my belongings up there on the third floor. I was calling the number to which nobody responded and a pair of pilgrims (young lovers from different countries - yes that happen a lot, hihihi) heard it. They climbed down from first floor terrace to a adjoining parking lot with entrance to a street and were asking people if they knew who was calling. Two local ladies remembered me calling from the bar across the street and then they somehow managed to opened the door and we climbed back to the albergue. Quite an adventure for a 46 y/o helped by 20+ y/o. We had a picnic afterwards on the terrace. Such nice memories :D

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back