• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to start Madrid or Seville?

Andrius11

Time of past OR future Camino
2012 Camino Frances
About to start my second Camino,just cant decide between two of them..Camino de Madrid or Via de la Plata?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Well if i start from Madrid,i am planning on doing Salvador and Primitivo too) guess it will take a bit more than two weeks)anyway Madrid 1-VDLP 0,thank you.
I Haven't walked VdlP yet but I did Madrid last year. If you're looking for more solitary Camino than Madrid is the answer. But when heading for Leon on CF it might be a shock ;)
Primitivo also becoming more and more popular but Invierno is again about the solitude.

Ultreia!

only couple days from Sahagun to Leon,great time to practice my patience and tolerance)

Definitely Seville. I've done both and found Seville such a spectacular place to start. And once out of the city you're straight into beautiful country. Fewer pilgrims on the Madrid route in my experience, but certainly you'll be on your own quite a bit on the VdlP. An issue would be when you want to start.
You do have Segovia on the Madrid route, but Merida, Salamanca and Zamora are wonderful, and break up the lonely stretches.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
starting to lean towards VDLP ..again) at least i decided to spend a day in Madrid..red wine,tapas and beautiful churches,great combination) must learn some phrases in spanish,which in my case almost non existent.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back