• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Who's counting…

Dani7

Stop wishing, start doing.
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2023 from Bayonne.
Camino Podiensis & CF 2026
Hello pilgrim community 😁

Call me crazy…but whose counting!!! 🤪

IMG_1198.png

Anyone want to share how many days before your camino and what is exciting you the most about your impending walk?

Sitting here sipping my morning coffee and had a good laugh…with myself. My walk may be far away but the joy of planning and working out the details fills me up during this oh so dreary winter in the Ottawa area. I feel like I’ve never left the Camino and I’ve been back almost 9 months from my first adventure on the Frances.

Anyone here feeling the same? 🌻

A selection of Camino Jewellery
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
For me it will be about 11 months or a year from now. I have my retirement date of May 17, 2024. (97 days)

Then moving our few remaining belongings to our new crash pad in Missouri. Will start our driving to Alaska trip June 1. (112 days out) And right now I am busy planning that 3 month trip (campground reservations, trip to Katmai to see the bears at Brooks, halibut and salmon fishing charters, trip to the Artic Circle, etc) Honestly, a lot more work planning that than a Camino!

We'll begin to really think about our next Camino this fall. I think we already have a 2025 summer-long volunteer gig at a wildlife refuge in Oregon so it will definitely be a winter Camino for us in 2025.

Gotta do things while we are still able!

I have just spent a fun hour or so this afternoon booking flights and buses for myself and a friend. Travelling from the UK to Madrid then bus to Logroño to pick up where we finished last year. Flying out on 1 September. Though I may sneak in a solo walk before then too.
An hour well spent. Buen camino 😊

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
For me it will be about 11 months or a year from now. I have my retirement date of May 17, 2024. (97 days)

Then moving our few remaining belongings to our new crash pad in Missouri. Will start our driving to Alaska trip June 1. (112 days out) And right now I am busy planning that 3 month trip (campground reservations, trip to Katmai to see the bears at Brooks, halibut and salmon fishing charters, trip to the Artic Circle, etc) Honestly, a lot more work planning that than a Camino!

We'll begin to really think about our next Camino this fall. I think we already have a 2025 summer-long volunteer gig at a wildlife refuge in Oregon so it will definitely be a winter Camino for us in 2025.

Gotta do things while we are still able!
Wow 🤩. You are an amazing woman. What fun and interesting trips you have planned. I agree. Move it or lose it. Time is fleeting ❤️

PS happy impending retirement. From your writings I know one thing about you…no matter what you undertake you are dedicated and full in. Devoted ❤️

Last edited:

View attachment 163798

Anyone want to share how many days before your camino and what is exciting you the most about your impending walk?

Sitting here sipping my morning coffee and had a good laugh…with myself. My walk may be far away but the joy of planning and working out the details fills me up during this oh so dreary winter in the Ottawa area. I feel like I’ve never left the Camino and I’ve been back almost 9 months from my first adventure on the Frances.

I'm counting 57 days to go - how exciting!

Yep!
Been counting since i finished the last one 127 days till i walk; start on my 70th birthday!
What's exciting me about my walk : everything!
Apart from the airborne game they play called will they won't they cancel my bl**dy fights (i have no control over that ;so won't spend the time fretting)
My first two Camino's have been end to end then home.
However in May it's SJPP to Burgos then bus to Bilbao for two nights.
After which i fly to Faro for a week based in Fuseta for a holiday between Ohlao and Tavira which i intend to visit as well as the islands.
On alltrails there is a few walks i might try.
I was going to take a look at the Camino Nasente but Furureflip has posted some brill stuff about it as he is walking now .
But i think it might be beyond me!
Still there are quite i few more i think i can manage !
Buen Camino
Woody

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yep!
Been counting since i finished the last one 127 days till i walk; start on my 70th birthday!
What's exciting me about my walk : everything!
Apart from the airborne game they play called will they won't they cancel my bl**dy fights (i have no control over that ;so won't spend the time fretting)
My first two Camino's have been end to end then home.
However in May it's SJPP to Burgos then bus to Bilbao for two nights.
After which i fly to Faro for a week based in Fuseta for a holiday between Ohlao and Tavira which i intend to visit as well as the islands.
On alltrails there is a few walks i might try.
I was going to take a look at the Camino Nasente but Furureflip has posted some brill stuff about it as he is walking now .
But i think it might be beyond me!
Still there are quite i few more i think i can manage !
Buen Camino
Woody
Happy early birthday wishes 🎂 i can feel your excitement through your words. It’s almost palpable. Thanks for sharing 😊

I always think about the Camino.😃 I just counted and it's 69 days until I leave for my next one. I made a decision on "where" in late December and as soon as I booked flights, I started the real decisions. It is always exciting to have a new "adventure" to look forward to. I echo many of your words, @Dani7!

I always think about the Camino.😃 I just counted and it's 69 days until I leave for my next one. I made a decision on "where" in late December and as soon as I booked flights, I started the real decisions. It is always exciting to have a new "adventure" to look forward to. I echo many of your words, @Dani7!
I will live vicariously through your footsteps and hope you share your experience with us. You write beautifully 🥰 as do many others on this forum. Shout out to @J Willhaus 🌻

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This inspired me to actually count the days - its 107 days until I head off. And this is the last leg of my camino from home in Ireland. Very excited to reach Santiago this time!

And this trip will also hopefully start my next adventure- to walk from SdeC to Rome - which will be interesting walking against the main flow of pilgrims

View attachment 163798

I planned for 4 years and 2 days after I retired I was off. Honestly, those 4 years were like Christmas Eve when was a kid - very exciting.

Often I find new funny things to prepare, is it a diagnose maybe? Yesterday I made small notes with the height curves of the different stages, printed them out and laminated them. I suffer from acute "anxiety that my phone doesn't work/have no service or - I left it where I peed last time maybe thing", learned the hard way 😂

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I hadn’t actually counted but now I did, 95 days! It’s been so cold and dismal I haven’t been walking, need to get out soon, but I did go out to the garage and bring our backpacks in😊
I actually thought my last Camino was my last however a friend walked CP last year and we got inspired. I had knee surgery that failed so don’t think I can handle lots of climbing but CP seems easier than CF.
I really do love the planning! I read others accounts and study my John Brierley book.
Planning a hybrid from Porto on May 15, the litoral for a few days, then the Coastal, joining the Central at Tui, then the Eapirual. Can’t wait!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This inspired me to actually count the days - its 107 days until I head off. And this is the last leg of my camino from home in Ireland. Very excited to reach Santiago this time!

And this trip will also hopefully start my next adventure- to walk from SdeC to Rome - which will be interesting walking against the main flow of pilgrims
Excited for you as well. May your footsteps bring you joy to your final destination. Buen camino 👍

Often I find new funny things to prepare, is it a diagnose maybe? Yesterday I made small notes with the height curves of the different stages, printed them out and laminated them. I suffer from acute "anxiety that my phone doesn't work/have no service or - I left it where I peed last time maybe thing", learned the hard way 😂
We may be related lol 😂

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I hadn’t actually counted but now I did, 95 days! It’s been so cold and dismal I haven’t been walking, need to get out soon, but I did go out to the garage and bring our backpacks in😊
I actually thought my last Camino was my last however a friend walked CP last year and we got inspired. I had knee surgery that failed so don’t think I can handle lots of climbing but CP seems easier than CF.
I really do love the planning! I read others accounts and study my John Brierley book.
Planning a hybrid from Porto on May 15, the litoral for a few days, then the Coastal, joining the Central at Tui, then the Eapirual. Can’t wait!
Yay for you. Thats exciting when you bring out the backpacks. You have time to start training. Sounds like you know your body well and know when to listen to it. Happy planning and buen camino 🌻

70 days ‘till check-in for my flight to CDG! I’ve loved the planning process and equipment-buying, but am more excited about the fact that I’ve only planned through to Pamplona. The rest—I’ll take it as it comes. I have no “end-date” schedule so I’m going to take my time and experience the Camino not just get to the finish line. Buen Camino, Pilgrims!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
About 422 days until my first Camino! I will be spending up to 70 days from home and responsibilites 😮 & will be on Camino during Santa Semana.
In the meantime, lots of time to try to improve speaking the relevant languages.

OMG! 55 days. I better get to the gym....
Can't wait to go back. And I've only been home since Dec, 2023.
Dani, you have been an inspiration to me. The entire time I was planning my 1st Camino I read your (almost) daily posts. You really are a great journalist, Thank you so much.
OMG 54 days! @MARSKA Maybe I will see you there. 😎

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
OMG! 55 days. I better get to the gym....
Can't wait to go back. And I've only been home since Dec, 2023.
Dani, you have been an inspiration to me. The entire time I was planning my 1st Camino I read your (almost) daily posts. You really are a great journalist, Thank you so much.
So so excited for you. Which camino?

PS. Thank you for your kind words. ❤️🙏

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Dani, you have been an inspiration to me. The entire time I was planning my 1st Camino I read your (almost) daily posts. You really are a great journalist, Thank you so much
I agree. Dani's "Live on the Camino" thread was a wonderful read and I looked forward to her next post. She often shared from her heart; the ups and downs of her pilgrimage, along with interesting photos.

View attachment 163798

Planning is half the fun - I have my "countdown app" open on my iPhone - 44 days to go! Norway sends greetings to Canada!

67 days to go :D absolutely love planning, book flights/trains, reading everything about the culture, places, the stayings and the trail. Look at videos, reading peoples experiences etc etc..
67 days to go :D absolutely love planning, book flights/trains, reading everything about the culture, places, the stayings and the trail. Look at videos, reading peoples experiences etc etc..
da blir vi flere nordmenn på tur..😃

View attachment 163798

Hello. I'm also in Ottawa, Canada. I walked the Camino Frances in the Spring of 2022. I would have been going back this May however I’m having knee issues and will need to postpone until May of 2025. Springtime is absolutely my favourite time to walk the Camino. Although well over a year away from returning to it, I continue to watch my video( available on YouTube ) regularly. Enjoy your return trip my friend.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

View attachment 163798

In exactly 90 days I will be walking my second Camino. This time I am looking forward to being solo, going at my own pace, and taking each day as it comes. Walking the Portuguese from Porto.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

View attachment 163798

60 days from today. But, I need to get to where I need to be physically. Need to lose the same weight of my backpack plus 5 pounds.

View attachment 163798

I'm so excited for my first Camino in 65 days! The counting down app on my phone is a daily reminder. 😊 I will be55 in March..and have only 40 more working days until I semi retire, with the Camino as my first adventure. I'm so excited to meet you all.

I'm so excited for my first Camino in 65 days! The counting down app on my phone is a daily reminder. 😊 I will be55 in March..and have only 40 more working days until I semi retire, with the Camino as my first adventure. I'm so excited to meet you all.
Amazing!!! so happy for your impending semi-retirement and excited for you. You could not have picked a more memorable first adventure! Buen Camino ❤️

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

View attachment 163798

When we started walking our first camino ten years ago, for our first week we kept asking ourselves why would anyone do this? That was followed by why would anyone do this again? But when we arrived in Santiago, it a was a nannosecond before we started thinking about and planning our next one. And this has never stopped. We are a few months away from walking the Baztan in May and we can't stop reading about this magical place, dreaming about the adventure that awaits us.

But no matter how much we study and plan, the camino always is full of surprises. And that's another reason we look forward to our next one.

View attachment 163798

Just

View attachment 163798

just 3 weeks for me until I leave for the Camino Portuguese- Litoral and Variante Espiritual. Home for Easter. I am another from Ottawa and agree that planning has kept me going through a very dreary Ottawa January and February!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

View attachment 163798

49 days to go Dani! Can't wait! Got a little thing from my sis a while ago, i started counting somewhere 87-88 days, now, today, it's exactly 7 weeks, 49 days before I walk of to Santiago again :) God willing, can't wait.

Attachments

• 1000010816.jpg
    1000010816.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
49 days to go Dani! Can't wait! Got a little thing from my sis a while ago, i started counting somewhere 87-88 days, now, today, it's exactly 7 weeks, 49 days before I walk of to Santiago again :) God willing, can't wait.
Amazing gift and sister 💕 wishing you a most wonderful and spiritual Buen Camino. 🌻

Anywhere between 4 to 7 days left for me. Currently in Bangkok, having finished the second leg of my long journey back to the UK. Will do Stages 3 and 4 tomorrow. I need to pick up some essentials in London, and then I should be in Bayonne over the weekend, ready to start. Hope the flooding will have subsided by then, for the residents even more than for me!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We were going to walk in 2022, we know how that went! Now that the kids are at an important time in their education we have decided to wait until they finish high school. I have been counting down about a year now. The count down ticker is going in the right direction and I do a happy dance at significant countdown milestones. that being said, I still have another.....

1647 days to go (give or take depending on booking the plane hahaha.

We will be starting in Geneva and walking to SDC. There is a lot to plan, a lot to research. Well, there isn't really, but I still like to pour over the internet for a new blog or YouTube. Not looking at accommodations because who knows what will be around in 4 1/2 years time!

So yeah @Dani7 I get it!!!!

We were going to walk in 2022, we know how that went! Now that the kids are at an important time in their education we have decided to wait until they finish high school. I have been counting down about a year now. The count down ticker is going in the right direction and I do a happy dance at significant countdown milestones. that being said, I still have another.....

1647 days to go (give or take depending on booking the plane hahaha.

We will be starting in Geneva and walking to SDC. There is a lot to plan, a lot to research. Well, there isn't really, but I still like to pour over the internet for a new blog or YouTube. Not looking at accommodations because who knows what will be around in 4 1/2 years time!

So yeah @Dani7 I get it!!!!
I’m so glad to know I’m not alone 👊 planning is almost as much fun as the walk for me. Also looking at Geneva as starting point. WTG 🫶

View attachment 163798

I’m also surviving this grey Ottawa winter counting down to starting the Via Francigena early August 2024. I walked the Le Puy to Santiago last September. I did the Rocamadour and Cele Valley variants plus switched to the Camino Invierno at Ponferrada for a total of 1782 km in 80 days. Courage! as the French say to pilgrims!

I’m also surviving this grey Ottawa winter counting down to starting the Via Francigena early August 2024. I walked the Le Puy to Santiago last September. I did the Rocamadour and Cele Valley variants plus switched to the Camino Invierno at Ponferrada for a total of 1782 km in 80 days. Courage! as the French say to pilgrims!
I’m leaning towards entering Santiago via the Primitivo but will definitely check out the Invierno. Wow Colette. Quite an accompliment. 👏 courage certain 💪👍😊

I’m leaning towards entering Santiago via the Primitivo but will definitely check out the Invierno. Wow Colette. Quite an accompliment. 👏 courage certain 💪👍😊
Thanks and great idea, I loved the Primitivo and your legs will be still strong from all the climbing in the first half of the Le Puy. I just found the C Frances way too “noisy” with young pilgrims despite it being mid to late October. The Invierno was tougher vs the Primitivo for repeated stage after stage long climbs and remoteness. The primitivo was nicer for contact with the locals.

What an interesting thread. Yes, I too am counting down. It's not precisely accurate, but it will be before April 9, so just about 52 days to go. In 2022 I completed the CP from Porto with my oldest granddaughter. Well, now her sister is ready for her turn! 😂 We will start in Porto also, and I will defer to her wishes as to the type of scenery she would like to see! 🚶🚶‍♀️

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
What an interesting thread. Yes, I too am counting down. It's not precisely accurate, but it will be before April 9, so just about 52 days to go. In 2022 I completed the CP from Porto with my oldest granddaughter. Well, now her sister is ready for her turn! 😂 We will start in Porto also, and I will defer to her wishes as to the type of scenery she would like to see! 🚶🚶‍♀️
You are a very cool grandmother 😍. 52 days for new memories with her. Hope you share some of your adventures here with us.

183 days until I head back to Pamplona for my final stretch into Santiago. I started in 2022 in Le Puy to Cahors, walked 3+ weeks in 2023 from Cahors to Pamplona , and this year will complete this journey. I can’t wait! The Camino experience is so fantastic in so many ways.

View attachment 163798

I feel absolutely the same sitting at night sipping my night yogurt in Tiny Township, Ontario. Dream about Camino Invierno or Camino del Norte...

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Three days before I fly off and then 4 days later I start walking the Ruta Teresiana, followed by the Camino Ignaciano, weather in the mountains permitting. This is the time when, despite being very excited, I also am already missing home….

Three days before I fly off and then 4 days later I start walking the Ruta Teresiana, followed by the Camino Ignaciano, weather in the mountains permitting. This is the time when, despite being very excited, I also am already missing home….
I understand those mixed feelings. For me, the camino provided an environment to deeply feel all my emotions. No matter where we walk, each step brings us closer to home. May you enjoy a safe and buen camino. 🌻

Yes, feelings can be mixed. You have a wonder-filled camino to walk, and I wish you good weather, a safe journey and buen camino, Sitka!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm not really counting because my start date is the middle of September, but flight is booked, Albergue reservations up to and including Zubiri booked and training started 3 weeks ago. This will be my third camino and I'm as excited as I was on my first.
But who's counting!!

Last edited:
105-135.Whether it's June or July is still unsure. There is a huge possibility that this time my daughter can join me. We walked our first Camino together in 2016 and ever since she has joined me on and off. To have her with me I can easily wait for extra 30 days! Last summer I walked the Geneva Way alone and missed her terribly.

I wish you well on the Ignaciano. We have done the entire route from Loyola to Manresa. It was an unforgettable journey we talk about often.

From Loyola to La Guardia, it's mountains. We were told to walk it in September and it was already a bit chilly with some cold rain. I pray you get unusual weather. Perhaps global warming will work for you!

42 Days until we fly from Melbourne to London and 48 days until we start walking from Le Puy en Velay to Santiago. Really looking forward to walking the Via Podiensis for the first time and the Camino Frances for the third time. A bit apprehensive about the first few weeks from Le Puy but sure we will get Camino fit eventually!
Buen Camino everyone.

€46,-
42 Days until we fly from Melbourne to London and 48 days until we start walking from Le Puy en Velay to Santiago. Really looking forward to walking the Via Podiensis for the first time and the Camino Frances for the third time. A bit apprehensive about the first few weeks from Le Puy but sure we will get Camino fit eventually!
Buen Camino everyone.
I’m so so excited for both of you. It would be lovely to hear about your journey in a « live on the camino » thread. Buen camino. 🌻

Buen Camino everyone.
You will enjoy it immensely, and you are doing it at the right time. We walked last September from Le Puy to Moissac. It was brutally hot. One could see from all our stays with blankets piled up that hot is not something they are accustomed to. But it was sooo beautiful and the villages, towns and cities are places long on our bucket list. They did not disappoint.

We stopped at Moissac because by all accounts the wonders of this camino, including the Cele Variant with Rocamadeur and St Circ Le Popie, all come before then. Even so, everyone says it is much easier, more peaceful walk as the French walkers who are ever present at least to Conques, become fewer and fewer.

Bon Chemin!

€83,-
180 Days before I set out Le Puy to Pamplona, I can only hope that time passes as slowly on the Camino as it does waiting for the date to arrive!
Bon Chemin!

180 Days before I set out Le Puy to Pamplona, I can only hope that time passes as slowly on the Camino as it does waiting for the date to arrive!
Bon Chemin!
I totally can relate to that hope! In 180 days I’ll only have to wait 588 more days 🤘😊

Bon chemin 🌻

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just booked my night’s accommodation for my starting point in Le Puy. 31 days away!
Very excited now and just a teency bit nervous 😬
Can’t wait to meet my fellow pilgrims 🚶🏻‍♀️

Just booked my night’s accommodation for my starting point in Le Puy. 31 days away!
Very excited now and just a teency bit nervous 😬
Can’t wait to meet my fellow pilgrims 🚶🏻‍♀️
I was also nervous taking those first steps…not knowing what awaited me…the « what if’s » that popped into my head…until my beautiful surroundings grounded my feet into the present. So happy for you. Bon chemin 🌻

After over 5 years of wondering if I should do it... a few weeks ago I finally decided to jump on the camino.

Since that moment, it is Christmas Camino everyday!!!! Feeling excited and looking forward to meet you all.

At the same time wondering if I will be able to walk day after day after day.
Training has been rather cold, snowy and now icy.

Regards from Finland

countdown.JPG
Jaakontien ystävät.png

Training has been rather cold, snowy and now icy.
Struggling with the same thing, the only options since November has been skiing or treadmill at a gym, (which I think is the world's most boring thing), and none of these will be "the real thing". Now the snow has finally disappeared from the roads, but it will take a long time before the forests and gravel paths etc are free from snow and ice.

Regards from Norway

50 days to start the first of three stages of my Camino, from SJPdP to Burgos. I am now trying out all the gear I've gathered, better to get the blisters here and address the sources, than while at the Camino. Also find myself obsessed with what's next after arriving in Santiago de Compostela in two years... maybe Kumano Kodo, or a Pilgrimage to one of our Sanctuaries in Mexico (Basilica de Guadalupe or Talpa de Allende)

50 days to start the first of three stages of my Camino, from SJPdP to Burgos. I am now trying out all the gear I've gathered, better to get the blisters here and address the sources, than while at the Camino. Also find myself obsessed with what's next after arriving in Santiago de Compostela in two years... maybe Kumano Kodo, or a Pilgrimage to one of our Sanctuaries in Mexico (Basilica de Guadalupe or Talpa de Allende)
Wow. Amazing current and long term plans. 🌻Buen spring camino. The two weeks to Burgos are really beautiful.

Oh Dani! I am envious of your upcoming walk in France. I know no French so I'll stay where I belong - in Spain. LOL.
You’ll feel some of it when i write about it. Send us some news of your camino so we can walk with you a bit ❤️

I still don't know the exact date I'll get to start, some time in June, but I have now received this guide book and I'm getting antsy! I also set my alarm earlier than usual in order to add some extra kilometers to my walk to work. Suddenly I feel the need to get physically more active! Why? - Because I looked at the elevation profiles and rememebered well how I sometimes really struggled with the hills on Via Gebennensis.

Attachments

• IMG_5650.jpg
    IMG_5650.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1
Five weeks and six days until my plane takes off! Sooo excited, and nervous. I'm really enjoying the planning now that it is closer, and I've booked my accommodation from SJPDP through to Pamplona, and then slapped myself on the hand when I consider further "planning". I've got John Brierley's book out of the library and I want to jot down a few highlights. I've recently bought walking poles, new shoes, I'm upping my exercise, and I've started teaching my workmates how to do my job. It's becoming very real all of a sudden! Not looking forward to what is one of the longest transits in the world - Invercargill, NZ to SJPDP.

I still don't know the exact date I'll get to start, some time in June, but I have now received this guide book and I'm getting antsy! I also set my alarm earlier than usual in order to add some extra kilometers to my walk to work. Suddenly I feel the need to get physically more active! Why? - Because I looked at the elevation profiles and rememebered well how I sometimes really struggled with the hills on Via Gebennensis.
Let us know how you are finding the first few weeks on Le Puy route. Buen camino :)

Five weeks and six days until my plane takes off! Sooo excited, and nervous. I'm really enjoying the planning now that it is closer, and I've booked my accommodation from SJPDP through to Pamplona, and then slapped myself on the hand when I consider further "planning". I've got John Brierley's book out of the library and I want to jot down a few highlights. I've recently bought walking poles, new shoes, I'm upping my exercise, and I've started teaching my workmates how to do my job. It's becoming very real all of a sudden! Not looking forward to what is one of the longest transits in the world - Invercargill, NZ to SJPDP.
You are on top of things Sarah. Buen camino...you are about to have the experiences of a lifetime. Buen camimo :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
You are on top of things Sarah. Buen camino...you are about to have the experiences of a lifetime. Buen camimo :)
Hope so! There are so many competing things taking up my time at the moment - mostly work. I really enjoy the trip planning process, so need to make time for this. Reading about the Camino, food, wine and all the things I might see - so delicioso!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back