• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Why is my nose bleeding so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetzrah

Time of past OR future Camino
July 20th
Hello,

Starting yesterday I began experiencing extremely bloody nose bleeds that come on all of a sudden. I was just sitting under a bush when my nose started spilling large drops of blood yesterday, until it was all over my hands and pants and face. It was kind of funny checking into my hostel because they seemed concerned. It then happed last night and again this morning- is there any common reason this could be happening? I noticed my nose is usually plugged all night.

Thanks!

Attachments

• FC4584AA-704E-4C0B-932B-EA9F34EF10D3.jpeg
    FC4584AA-704E-4C0B-932B-EA9F34EF10D3.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,518
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello,

Starting yesterday I began experiencing extremely bloody nose bleeds that come on all of a sudden. I was just sitting under a bush when my nose started spilling large drops of blood yesterday, until it was all over my hands and pants and face. It was kind of funny checking into my hostel because they seemed concerned. It then happed last night and again this morning- is there any common reason this could be happening? I noticed my nose is usually plugged all night.

Thanks!
I have a long history of nose bleeds. Situations like very dry environments such as in an aircraft or lots of nose breathing.

Anyway, that is me and not you. If it continues and is unusual for you then please see a doctor.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Yeah, that makes sense.. I live in a temperate rainforest at home so it’s a lot dryer here. I don’t know why it would come on after 7 days of being here though

Hello,

Thanks!
I really don't know, but this is probably not the place to ask. There are health centres (Centro de Salud) in many places in Spain, which I assume is where you are. If you go to one of these you can ask a medical professional. If you have a European Health Insurance Card you will be treated as if you were Spanish. If not it will still be free or very cheap.
Even if you don't speak Spanish it should be fairly obvious why you are there if you walk in dripping blood.
Whilst it may well be trivial it's probably a good idea to get it looked at. By a real doctor, not doctor Google

Yeah, that makes sense.. I live in a temperate rainforest at home so it’s a lot dryer here. I don’t know why it would come on after 7 days of being here though
It happens to me one week after our winter weather comes. It will stop if that is what it is.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I noticed my nose is usually plugged all night.
Some of the places that I stayed in were a bit musty. I use an antihistamine nasal spray before going to sleep to get rid of the stuffed nose in the morning. This may be related to your blood noses but please don't use the nasal spray to medicate your blood noses.

I read you were in Estella on Friday.So I guess you are around Logroño , Najera or Santo Domingo de la Calzada.

Excellent places to see a clinic or a centro de salud tomorrow!
Really you should take the time for a visit.

Or futher on in Belorado.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
When you go, a doctor will want to know 3 things:
Has this ever happened before?
What other symptoms do you have?
What medications or vitamins or supplements do you take, and how long have you been taking each?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am no doctor but have experienced that due to the usage of a CPAP mask..the insides of the nose become very dry…and the way to prevent that is using Vaseline type of product.

I am no doctor but have experienced that due to the usage of a CPAP mask..the insides of the nose become very dry…and the way to prevent that is using Vaseline type of product.

This might be perfectly safe for your condition but please we should be very careful giving advice when using a certain product/medication.

IMO the only way to find some answers is for @Vetzrah to go to a health professional.

It can be caused by many things, but if you don't have a history of whatever is afflicting you and if it is serious in nature (chest pains, drooping face, broken limbs, severe pain, blood loss, etc) then it's time to seek the services of a professional that can advise you or treat you better than a bunch of people on a bulletin board.

Good luck. ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello,

Thanks!
Hi, the only thing you should do is seeing a doctor.
Take care 🙏

Hello,

Thanks!
Not a doctor but it could be a blood pressure issue or excessive heat will cause it. I would be checked out.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are water based gel products made for keeping your nose moist, if that doesn’t work see a doctor.

We can have lay persons' conversations about medical conditions, and some "common sense" suggestions here on the forum. However the title question is asking for a diagnosis, and should be asked of a doctor. Further responses would seem to go beyond that, so I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

We are leaving to do the whole Camino Frances in a week. I have two corns on my right foot that are becoming very painful - I have had them for years with little issue but over the last month with...
Have been walking my first Camino and loving it, until coming down with a nasty cold in Puente La Reina, with a bad headache, sore throat, deep chest congestion and developing cough. The...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...
3 days ago, I developed a horrible shinsplint where I was barely walking--KT helped a little to get me through the day. So, I took a rest day and booked a nearby PT in pontevedra. Anna was able...
Hi all, just a quickie. My friend is near Burgos and needs a chairopractor to give his back a click 😳 Apparently he has it done when home in Canada (it straightens the spine )but doesn't know if...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.