• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wonderful place to stay in Riego del Camino

sharon w

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
Today we arrived in Riego del Camino and are staying at Casa Camino. The three hospitaleros, Sandra, Sara and Bea, provided us with lunch, tapas, dinner and breakfast in a beautifully restored building. All for donativo.
This place is exceptional and the girls will feed you even if you wish to stay at the albergue. They also offer drinks and food for those continuing on to Granja de Moruela.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Today we arrived in Riego del Camino and are staying at Casa Camino. The three hospitaleros, Sandra, Sara and Bea, provided us with lunch, tapas, dinner and breakfast in a beautifully restored building. All for donativo.
This place is exceptional and the girls will feed you even if you wish to stay at the albergue. They also offer drinks and food for those continuing on to Granja de Moruela.
That sounds wonderful. My previous visits to Riego del Camino have not been that pleasant, with a bar that really didn't appeal, so both times I went on to Granja de M. But Riejo del Camino is almost exactly half way between Zamora and Tábara. So I hope to stop there next time I pass. Thanks for the tip.

Couldn't agree more with alansykes. I've been through there twice and the bar and albergue were in poor condition. This is great news.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Indeed great news, I was considering it as good place to stop, now I am sure I will definitely go for it! Zamora-Riego del Camino it shall be, gracias!!!

Thank you. I am just on day 2 but will hope to stay there or at least stop.

Hi Sharon,
Perhaps you could post some details, most of us on the VdeLP know about Riego, it's well known for the condition of the bar on the main road, the landlady shouted at me last year because I bought a beer and drank it in the bus shelter just down the road.
Regards
George

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Great news for those wishing to walk Zamora-Riego del Camino. I am probably the only one who has stayed there three times:eek:! Each time the bar was in a more deplorable condition - a beer was all that I dared to order and I am far from picky!

Here is a website for Casa Camino in Riego del Camino:

http://casacaminoriego.weebly.com/

The spreadsheet on this forum lists the distances to be about 34 km from Zamora and then 32 more on to Tabara the next day, so if you are OK with these distances it looks good.

Great to read these replies. The man at the bar yelled at us when we said we were going to Casa Camino! The girls who run Casa Camino are committed to looking after pilgrims. The food is delicious.
They transported my brother-in-law to Tabara to see the doctor about his blisters. Also, translated for him at the doctor's.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Book ahead as they only have 4/5 beds. Best o camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I stayed there last fall and was their last pilgrim guest. But watch this space, a member of this forum has been interested in reopening the albergue. The challenge is that the owner of the building wanted to sell it, so it had to close. As I understand it, he did not get his desired price in the first year after closure, so maybe there will be a possibility of it being available at a reasonable price to someone wishing to reopen.

I've messaged them seeing if they will be open again as I will be passing that way in March. I will update if I find out anything.

I stayed there last fall and was their last pilgrim guest. But watch this space, a member of this forum has been interested in reopening the albergue. The challenge is that the owner of the building wanted to sell it, so it had to close. As I understand it, he did not get his desired price in the first year after closure, so maybe there will be a possibility of it being available at a reasonable price to someone wishing to reopen.
The owner is also forum member (as is potential buyer) and he posted that until the selling is done the premises are functioning in accepting pilgrims. Maybe something has changed since then..., don't know.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

One reason for me choosing the VDLP is to avoid the constant stress of the bed race on the busier routes. Alas I haven’t escaped it. Literally every bed (that I’m able to contact) is full from...
I think I’m on day 12, so not quite two weeks in. Thus far the VDLP is definitely a different animal than the CF. And I have to say, I’m struggling to enjoy it as much as the CF last year. I...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...
Gronze has a note for the albergue in Valdesalor saying the key needs to be picked up from the town hall or the bar. Am I correct in assuming that this only applies if you are the first to arrive...
(Live on the Camino, but I don't know how to post with that tag) The Camino Sanabres winds through small stone villages and along vast green pastures rimmed in stone walls. Sometimes you walk on...
Be careful when you organise a transfer from the Arca de Caparra (Via’s emblem) to one of the three hotels in Jarilla. The guide books we are using state that you will be picked up at ARCA DE...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back