• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Luggage Transport - Why?

If you have undertaken a Camino using Luggage Transport or Plan to - What's the main reason?

• I'm physically unable to carry my pack - age, health, injury...

Votes: 61 50.4%
  • It just makes sense. Why carry a full pack when I can just carry a day pack

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I'll be less tired at the end of the day

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I'll enjoy the walking more

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • I'm not used to hiking with a pack

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I'm just worried carrying a pack will be too hard for me

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • I want to have a few luxuries that would make a pack too heavy

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I have to bring medical equipment that would make my pack to heavy

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • If the service is there, why not use it?

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 25 20.7%

• Total voters
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Can you please tell what company did you use to transfer your pack
Jacotrans and Correos. Very easy to use and reliable. Tip, do not leave anything of value in your pack. I know for definite my pack had been gone through at least once whilst in transit or before collection/post drop off.

Most read last week in this forum

Is it possible to take a shower in the morning at an albergue if they run out of hot water in the evening?
I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Dumb as it might seem, it's only recently sunk in that a good deal of some camino routes might be on vehicular roads rather than walking trails. I don't really mean the town and village-y bit...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back