• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2015 OCTOBER PILGRIMS

AlbertaGirl and NiniSum - you will be our walking partners starting on September 30! Can't wait to meet our fellow pilgrims. This is our first Camino so I am happy to see at least one veteran.
Have you made reservations at Orisson, or are you planning to go for Roncevalles? (Moral support would be welcome if we decide to do the latter :).)
I have been faithfully following MSPATH's recommendations for months now - I am so impressed with your 11 Caminos!
I expect to meet you at Roncesvalles, now that you have decided on the Valcarlos route. Buen camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was looking for this info as well. I found the website for the Pilgrim's office in SJPP and here is their contact info:
http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/spip/spip.php?article2740

I can't find the info on the site, but will write to them to see if they have a list they can send. I'll post the info here if they have it.

Thanks for the contact information for the Pilgrim's office. I will contact them too. If you do manage to find a new list that would be fantastic if you could post it. Thanks again!

Hi - I'm bumping this thread so newcomers won't miss it. If you are planning to start the camino any date in October, just post your start date and location below, and I will add your name to the list by editing the post at the very beginning of the thread. (Lists quoted in later posts won't be up-to-date, so check back to the first one for the latest version.)

My training is non-existent at the moment due to my healing stress fracture, but I endlessly tweak my equipment and supplies.

How is your training and preparation going?
Hi Cclearly, well I will definitely be on the trail on Oct 1st, but where might be is a bit iffy:>) I begin Sept 25 from St. Jean, with an overnight in Orisson. If I go by the guide, I would imagine by Oct 1, Los Arcos, but only if I don't take longer than the published millage and stay over between points. I'm heady with anticipation.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This will be my first Camino, starting at SJPDP 4th October. Will be coming alone but hoping to find a few walking partners along the way!
Hi Vicky, finding people to walk with will be no problem I think. Wish you a great walking experience and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello everyone!! We are a group of 4 firsttimers starting in Sarria on the 7th Oct. Sooo excited and love the forum, thank you.

Welcome to the forum! We're starting the same day, but in St. Jean. Getting close, getting excited! Buen Camino to all of you.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Cclearly, given that I depart St.Jean Sept 25, I'm giving myself a bit of a stretch to be leaving Estella Oct 1st if you could put me down for October….thanks. Such a great idea to connect with those whom we've come to know in the forum.

@Griffin57 and I have agreed that she will keep track of the September 2015 walkers, and I will keep track of the October 2015 pilgrims in this thread. So, please post your details (start date and location) as replies to this thread and I'll add them to the original post at the top. Be sure to keep an eye on the late-September list as well, since they might catch up with us!

September 25: @movinmaggie (SJPP)
September 26:
September 27:
September 28: @jasmine2015 (SJPP)
September 29: @elva (SJPP); @JPL (SJPP)
September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP)
October 1: @CaminoDebrita (SJPP); @nfoster (SJPP); @NiniSum (SJPP)
October 2: @Virginia Bushell (SJPP)
October 3: @Beate (Irun, on El Norte); @Adventurebound (with 2 others, from SJPP)
October 4: @northerngirl (Burgos); @SheriOlson (& Brad, SJPP); @Vicky Anders (SJPP)
October 5: @Shurolla (Villa Franca del Bierzo)
October 6:
October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria)
October 8: @OTH86 (SJPP); @PhyllisRowland (SJPP)
October 9: @scruffy1 (Bilbao)
October 10:
October 11:
October 12:
October 13: @alansykes (Ruta del Ebro at Sant Jaume d'Enveja)
October 14: @C clearly (SJPP); @elysiandreamx (SJPP)
October 15: @ricicitosdeplata (Astorga); @jsalt (SJPP)
October 16: @seaston (Sarria)
October 17:
October 18: @melisa_s (Burgos)
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 28: @Ross Sheeran (and wife, SJPP)
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

Nov. 12: @davidduff (Leon)
@Griffin57 and I have agreed that she will keep track of the September 2015 walkers, and I will keep track of the October 2015 pilgrims in this thread. So, please post your details (start date and location) as replies to this thread and I'll add them to the original post at the top. Be sure to keep an eye on the late-September list as well, since they might catch up with us!

September 26:
September 27:
September 29: @elva (SJPP)
September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP)
October 3: @Beate (Irun, on El Norte); @Adventurebound (with 2 others, from SJPP)
October 4: @northerngirl (Burgos); @SheriOlson (& Brad, SJPP); @Vicky Anders (SJPP)
October 6:
October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria)
October 10:
October 11:
October 12:
October 17:
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Cclearly, given that I depart St.Jean Sept 25, I'm giving myself a bit of a stretch to be leaving Estella Oct 1st if you could put me down for October….thanks.
Hi @movinmaggie - I'm not sure I understand what you mean. All the late-September starters are on the same list (on the first post in this thread) and the list just continues as people start at later dates. I've only included the starting date and location for each person. It would be hard to track expected milestones along the way, since everyone will progress at different rates.

You must be getting very excited as your departure is getting close!

Hi @movinmaggie - I'm not sure I understand what you mean. All the late-September starters are on the same list (on the first post in this thread) and the list just continues as people start at later dates. I've only included the starting date and location for each person. It would be hard to track expected milestones along the way, since everyone will progress at different rates.

You must be getting very excited as your departure is getting close!
yes, Cclearly of course that would be too confusing to incorporate October as well. Yes, 17 days and counting. All the unknowns are part of the mystique of the journey. Thanks for all you do on this forum….

Hi, C clearly, I gave you the wrong date (great start, huh? :p ). We will be leaving St. Jean on Oct. 7, not 6. Please change me on the list. Thanks!!

My training is. ... coming along. :) Not as extensive as I'd planned, but not bad, with regular 4-6 mile walks and starting to increase the weight in my pack.

I hope your healing is going well and rapidly!

Bala
Hi c i also have given you the wron g date. My friend Barb and i will be leaving SJPP sept 27th ... Staying at Orison. Cant wait...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello all!

I will be starting from SJPP on Sept 26 and walking to Santiago. My return flight is Nov 2 so I may walk fast and sightsee, or walk slowly and rest. I have no clue what it will feel like. I am just looking forward to my brain resting and heart rejuvenating...

Buen Camino!

Hello all!

I will be starting from SJPP on Sept 26 and walking to Santiago. My return flight is Nov 2 so I may walk fast and sightsee, or walk slowly and rest. I have no clue what it will feel like. I am just looking forward to my brain resting and heart rejuvenating...

Buen Camino!
Ben Camino Ellsea, I will be a day ahead of you…...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi c i also have given you the wron g date. My friend Barb and i will be leaving SJPP sept 27th ... Staying at Orison. Cant wait...

Elva, As long as we both catch the right planes on the right days, we should all do fine! Buen Camino to you and Barb.

Hello all!

Buen Camino!
Hi Ellsea, go with the flow and enjoy yourself. You will do fine.
Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi, do you know please if there is a similar thread (October 2015 pilgrims) for the camino del norte and primitivo? Tks a lot Ciao Andre

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Are you going straight to Roncesvalles in one day?

I've been wondering if anyone has successfully booked at Orisson yet, for October dates. Anyone know?

I am staying at Orisson the night of 1 October! I'm going to have a lot to take care of in the next few weeks. I MUST start printing out tickets, etc. and making sure I have all my receipts taken care of. My husband just now said aloud, "I can't believe you're going to be gone in three weeks". I can't either.

True confessions. I am starting to get VERY NERVOUS.

Five days ago on a very standard training hike, I hurt my back. Five days I've done NOTHING. I feel really irritated and nervous....If I blow out my back on Camino, I have to stay put somewhere for three to six days. It is how it is for me. I hate to say it, but if doing a basic little easy peasy hike did this just out of the blue, well. well. well.

Tomorrow I will be in a better mood, but tonight I feel a bit queasy about it all!

Buen Nervous Camino!

Five days ago on a very standard training hike, I hurt my back.
But aren't you carrying a heavy training load? Maybe it's time now to recoup and rest for the camino. I'd definitely recommend that you consider sending your pack by transport, if your back is still "iffy." You will find it is very easy to do. Do it again on the second day from Orisson to Roncesvalles. Have some sort of bag that you can use for the transport so you can wear your good backpack with your day things.

This business of last-minute hurdles is becoming quite familiar on the forum! I am always impressed by how people manage anyway, but please use good sense. I have a potential complication, quite worrying, that won't be resolved until (maybe) 3 weeks before my planned departure in mid-October.

Where are you staying in SJPP?

You have traveled enough to know that once you are on the way, everything will unfold and can be managed.

I am heartened by your encouragement, C, and today is day 6 of my annoyance at my back---but I feel so much better today that I am going to do a lot of stretching and get back on the training. Today, though, I will carry the pack with very little weight---maybe ten pounds. We'll see how that feels. Your advice to send the pack ahead is good too.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am staying at Orisson the night of 1 October! I'm going to have a lot to take care of in the next few weeks. I MUST start printing out tickets, etc. and making sure I have all my receipts taken care of. My husband just now said aloud, "I can't believe you're going to be gone in three weeks". I can't either.

True confessions. I am starting to get VERY NERVOUS.

Five days ago on a very standard training hike, I hurt my back. Five days I've done NOTHING. I feel really irritated and nervous....If I blow out my back on Camino, I have to stay put somewhere for three to six days. It is how it is for me. I hate to say it, but if doing a basic little easy peasy hike did this just out of the blue, well. well. well.

Tomorrow I will be in a better mood, but tonight I feel a bit queasy about it all!

Buen Nervous Camino!
Hi, you will enjoy your stay at the albergue Orisson. You don’t have to be nervous about anything. After your first steps on your journey it will be all gone.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Starting on October 6 from SJPP .
Hoping to find you along the way - and praying for good weather -
(unfortunately the forecast for October report many rainy days)
Hi and welcome to this wonderful forum.
I think everyone is praying for good weather, it is like it is. Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi, do you know please if there is a similar thread (October 2015 pilgrims) for the camino del norte and primitivo? Tks a lot Ciao Andre
Hi André. there is no similar tread for the northe and primitivo. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How about 5 pounds? Are you using poles while training? It's probably a good idea while your back is healing.

I always use poles now. Thanks for the advice, and five pounds is probably the way to go! I have some wedding chalkboards to "create" for the daughter, and then I plan to run up the road and just do a two-hour hike. I will wear my Vasque boots. My acupuncturist's theory about my back is that I tried a longish hike in trail runners, moving away from the boots. She thinks that the heel difference affected my back. She may be right.

I think that my back is just a bit temperamental, and when it goes "out"---it's out for a few days. I have to respect that and keep stretching, resting and using ibuprofen, and give it time to come around when there is an issue. Losing some body weight would help too, and I am working on it.

Hi, you will enjoy your stay at the albergue Orisson. You don’t have to be nervous about anything. After your first steps on your journey it will be all gone.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Peter--you have to read the post, not just the word "nervous"---I am nervous because of my back problem that just flared!

I am heartened by your encouragement, C, and today is day 6 of my annoyance at my back---but I feel so much better today that I am going to do a lot of stretching and get back on the training. Today, though, I will carry the pack with very little weight---maybe ten pounds. We'll see how that feels. Your advice to send the pack ahead is good too.
Deb:
I am having some challenges now, as well - physical limitations catching up with me after a summer of virtually no training. I trust that there will be a way, that the strength and determination of two mature women will be enough to carry us through and that the days off for recuperation, if necessary, will prove to be blessings in themselves. See you soon in Spain!

Deb:
I am having some challenges now, as well - physical limitations catching up with me after a summer of virtually no training. I trust that there will be a way, that the strength and determination of two mature women will be enough to carry us through and that the days off for recuperation, if necessary, will prove to be blessings in themselves. See you soon in Spain!

I'll be seeing you very soon! I am so blessed that my first night--and my ride to SJPP--will be with you! I feel so very blessed.:)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm planning to start October 6 at SJPP

maybe one or two days before or after -- working on a vineyard in france, so depends on when the harvest ends.

looking forward to meeting many of you!
Hi, wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hello all!

Buen Camino!

Welcome Ellsea!!
Buen Camino!!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Peter--you have to read the post, not just the word "nervous"---I am nervous because of my back problem that just flared!
Hi, sorry about that. I have read the tread and I mist that the word "nervous" was meant something else.
Wish you well, Peter.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

September 26: @ellsea (SJPP)
September 27:@elva (with Barb, SJPP)
September 29: @JPL (SJPP)
September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP); @Madge (SJPP)
October 6: @yagocid (SJPP); @lukewc (SJPP)
October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria); @7Marie (SJPP)
October 10:
October 11:
October 12:
October 17:
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

October 14: Leon-Camino Salvador and Primitivo.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Laura, wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Thanks Peter! Excited and happy to walk again. I haven't been in Leon for a few years so looking forward to a visit to the cathedral before I start.

October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria); @7Marie (SJPP)
October 10:
October 11:
October 12:
October 14: @C clearly (SJPP); @elysiandreamx (SJPP); @LauraK (Leon,on the Camino Salvador and Primitivo)
October 15: @ricicitosdeplata (Astorga); @jsalt (SJPP); @Lorenina (SJPP)
October 17:
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

October 2: @Virginia Bushell (SJPP); @jimmyd (Ambasmesetas)
October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria); @7Marie (SJPP) @Scorpiogirl St jean
October 10:
October 11:
October 12:
October 14: @C clearly (SJPP); @elysiandreamx (SJPP); @LauraK (Leon,on the Camino Salvador and Primitivo)
October 17:
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

€60,-

(I am reposting this here as not sure I posted in the right place the first time :)
Hello! I will be walking my first Camino in October 2015 from Porto to Santiago on the central route. Never having traveled to Europe, I chose this route simply because I love the sound of Portugese (but don't speak it :~/) and due to the time of year was thinking that the weather might be nice still (at least some times!) on this route. I would love any tips about gear, what to see or where to stay that anyone who has done this route would like to offer up. I have plenty of time (1 month) and so plan to enjoy each step of the way. Thank you and thanks for this forum! AnaR

Welcome, AnaR. I expect that the weather will be nice in October, but one never knows! You might get more specific information about that, and the specifics of the route, on some other threads. You will certainly enjoy having a month to do that route, and should have time to go to Finisterre as well!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi October pilgrims! Our time is fast approaching, as the September crowd is setting off.

I have been restraining my enthusiasm for the past few weeks because I had one factor that could potentially have interfered with all my camino plans. However, as of today, I have eliminated that issue and am now officially CLEARED TO GO!

Hi October pilgrims! Our time is fast approaching, as the September crowd is setting off.

I have been restraining my enthusiasm for the past few weeks because I had one factor that could potentially have interfered with all my camino plans. However, as of today, I have eliminated that issue and am now officially CLEARED TO GO!

So happy for you C clearly! I am in the same position for my Oct. 13 start. Hopefully I can say the same thing a week from now. Buen Camino.

Hello @C clearly, our plans have changed slightly and I and the friend I am walking with will be leaving SJPP on Oct 1st, not Sept 30th. Can you change that in the calendar. Thanks! Looking forward to starting our walk - not too long now :)
I hope to meet you, NinSum! I will leave SKPP on 1 Oct too :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

That is wonderful news!!

I thought about starting to walk backward after Santiago, so I could meet you and say hi :)

October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria); @7Marie (SJPP); @Me Fein (Irun)
October 8: @OTH86 (SJPP); @Scorpiogirl (SJPP); @PhyllisRowland (SJPP)
October 10:CaminoK SJPP
October 11:
October 12:
October 17:
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

October 7: @Bala (SJPP); @seagull group of 4 (Sarria); @7Marie (SJPP); @Me Fein (Irun)
October 10:
October 11:
October 12:
October 17:
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

Hi there!
I plan on beginning the Camino on the 17th October from Leon. Thanks!

€60,-

October 10:
October 11:
October 12:
October 17:
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

October 10:
October 11:
October 12:
October 17:
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

My Father and I, 2 sons and daughter in law all starting on 9/30 SJPDP. Staying in Orisson on 9/30. "Pops" turns 74 first night. Pops and I planning this for about a year. My sons and daughter and law just decided to join us and am SO excited! Cant believe it all came together! and cannot wait for this journey to begin.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
My Father and I, 2 sons and daughter in law all starting on 9/30 SJPDP. Staying in Orisson on 9/30. "Pops" turns 74 first night. Pops and I planning this for about a year. My sons and daughter and law just decided to join us and am SO excited! Cant believe it all came together! and cannot wait for this journey to begin.
I'll meet you for the party that night at Orisson. I shall have a camino forum badge on my backpack.

Sounds like fun! Sorry I'll miss it, unless you are still there 2 weeks later.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Cclearly..wheww! I am so relieved to hear this. I've enjoyed your posts very much and would have been sad to know that there was a possibility you couldn't do this. Now you're all set and I am happy for you…and for me. 4 days and still counting! Maggie

I'll be arriving in St Jean on the 25th of September, not sure if I'll start walking that day or stay overnight. Either way I'm so excited to begin this Journey! :) Hopefully meet some of you along the way.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'll be arriving in St Jean on the 25th of September, not sure if I'll start walking that day or stay overnight. Either way I'm so excited to begin this Journey! :) Hopefully meet some of you along the way.
Hi Seren, on what time will you arrive?
And where do you want to go to that day?
That all depends for your start off your journey.
I wish you a great experience and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi, hope you all have a great time. And you will love the albergue Orisson,
I wish you all a Buen Camino, Peter.

€149,-

€46,-
Peter how lovely; you seem to be our 'Farewell' ambassador. I depart Canada this Monday. Will start walking from StJPdP Sept 25. Holding good thoughts and a lot of light around the Napoleon route, but open to Valcarlos should that be the choice of the weather Gods. Thanks for all your posts….Maggie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hello there

I just posted a reply to Clare who was looking for camino Frances walking companions, but thought I'd also post here, having just found the October 15 thread....

I'm new to the camino and looking at starting from SJPdP in early October (I'd like to start walking 31 sept but could start a day later or so). I am keen to walk with someone to help with safety, route finding etc. Would anyone be interested in starting together?

Finally, if I don't have any fixed plans to walk with someone from SJPDP how likely is it that I could tie up with someone when I get there?

I'm really excited to walk, but would love a bit of reassurance that I won't need to start alone.

Many thanks

Charlotte

I will be hospitalero at San Miguel in Estella from Oct 1 to 15.
Hi David, depending on how I do from day 1, (starting from StJdP 25th) it looks like I could be in Estella on Sept 30; if I don't do so well, may see you there. 2 days to go. Maggie

I'm new to the camino and looking at starting from SJPdP in early October (I'd like to start walking 31 sept but could start a day later or so). I am keen to walk with someone to help with safety, route finding etc. Would anyone be interested in starting together?
As you browse the forum, you'll find that this question is often asked and the answer is always the same: During most of the year (certainly including early October) you will find many people to walk with and if you wanted, you could probably walk all the way to Santiago without ever being out-of-sight of other pilgrims.

Read this thread started by a nervous Mom. Last year in mid-October, I stayed in the albergue Beilari in SJPP, and set off in the morning with half a dozen other pilgrims who I had met at the communal dinner the evening before. On that first day, most people are looking for similar reassurance, and tend to form loose groups. If you want to walk with others, you will have no difficulty. Sometimes it is better to let that happen naturally than trying to set up the meeting in advance with a stranger.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peter how lovely; you seem to be our 'Farewell' ambassador. I depart Canada this Monday. Will start walking from StJPdP Sept 25. Holding good thoughts and a lot of light around the Napoleon route, but open to Valcarlos should that be the choice of the weather Gods. Thanks for all your posts….Maggie
Hi Maggie, I love to do this. You will begin your journey on a great day, it's our 29th. anniversery .
Wish you well, Peter.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
CJGoct15-
We will be starting our Camino on Sep 30 in SJPDP, planning to go the Valcarlos route, and arriving in Roncevalles Oct 1. So we should see you there.
Karen and Michael

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

We hope to see you on the way - we are leaving SJPD on Sep 30 also but going the Valcarlos route, so we will most likely meet up in Roncevalles. We are also getting very excited as our countdown is now 9 days!!

€46,-

September 25: @movinmaggie (SJPP); @Seren (SJPP)
September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP); @Madge (SJPP); @Njoyzlife (and family, SJPP); @CJGoct15 (or next day, from SJPP)
October 10: @CaminoK (SJPP)
October 11:
October 12:
October 17: @Slodola (Leon)
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

I plan to start from SJPDP on October 4 and will spent that night at Orison . Hopefully will meet up with fellow pilgrims there. I am from Vancouver Canada .

September 25: @movinmaggie (SJPP); @Seren (SJPP)
September 30: @Albertagirl (SJPP); @kandmg (SJPP); @Madge (SJPP); @Njoyzlife (and family, SJPP); @CJGoct15 (or next day, from SJPP)
October 4: @northerngirl (Burgos); @SheriOlson (& Brad, SJPP); @Vicky Anders (SJPP); @Stephen Alldridge (SJPP)
October 10: @CaminoK (SJPP)
October 11:
October 12:
October 17: @Slodola (Leon)
October 19:
October 20:
October 21:
October 22:
October 23:
October 24:
October 25:
October 26:
October 27:
October 29:
October 30:
October 31:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leaving from Ponferrado on Octoer 7th. Becky

CJGoct15-
We will be starting our Camino on Sep 30 in SJPDP, planning to go the Valcarlos route, and arriving in Roncevalles Oct 1. So we should see you there.
Karen and Michael
Hi Karen and Michael, wish you both a wonderful Camino, Peter.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back