Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

100 km to Santiago on Portugese route

Marenka J

Camino(s) past & future
Frances or Portugese April 2020
Plan to go on May 1, 2020 for roughly 100 km to Santiago. What would be the starting point for both Coastal and land option?
How this would compare with the route from Saria to Santiago?

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola and welcome @Marenka J to the forum. If you are on the Central Route then you can start from Tui on the Spanish side of the border and its 120km to Santiago or if you start in Porrino its 103 km.
On the Coastal route via Vigo you can start inA Ramallosa which is `123 km or Vigo (via Redondela where it joins the Central Route) its 101.2km. From the little I have read Tui is probably easier to get to via a bus, don't recall reading about any one starting in Vigo. Hope this helps.

Walking Lover

Camino(s) past & future
CdS from Leon to Santiago, June 16, 2016 to June 30, 2016.
Plan to go on May 1, 2020 for roughly 100 km to Santiago. What would be the starting point for both Coastal and land option?
How this would compare with the route from Saria to Santiago?
Tui

wjohnk

Camino(s) past & future
Portugese Coastal (2019)
As I understand it, Vigo to SDC is just under 100km. We started at Baiona (a much pleasanter place in my opion). Bus from Vigo to Baiona is easy (we did it) and frequent.

zenofmatthew

Camino(s) past & future
The dimensions of
length and breadth are now unplanned,
depth and time are cast.
Bus.gal is a good website (Spanish or Galician languages only) that shows the buses all around Galicia. The are a number of companies not listed on Google or Rome2Rio. Both Tui and Baiona look real easy to get to. The daily mental coin flip between the two is now a fun exercise. ;)
I should be starting from Baiona or Valença on the 29th of April. You may see me with my sketchbook and pen. The last coin flip may be at the Estación Autobús in Vigo.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock