LIVE from the Camino 2 Old codgers on the Invierno

Time of past OR future Camino
CFx5
Norte
Primitivo
CP
Le Puy-SJPP
Via F
Well, whilst we're not that old..(next non celebration 70) neither are we in the first flush of youth as we descend on the Invierno.
Not sure what the female version of an old codger is though!
It poured rain al day as we travelled from Santiago to Lugo and then onto Ponferrada
We had booked Hotel el Castillo which turned out to be a very good choice.....it's only about 5 minutes from the start of the Invierno.

Met with Laurie, peregrina 2000 ...had a lovely chat and then headed off for something to eat.....as is often usual in Spain, nothing was open before 8.30 so it was back to the hotel.
Luckily we found the best pizza place ever just beside the hotel and open at 7.00pm
For a gigantic pizzeria and a wonderful bottle of wine.....20euro for 2
There is a small super mercado opposite the hotel so got some bits for the day after

Day1 ....Ponferrada to Las Medulas
What a wonderful feeling most of us have on that first day!
We can do this
Full of energy
Full of enthusiasm
No aching legs
No blisters....what are those!! .....
Dressed like a dogs dinner and nobody taking any notice ...

We met Laurie on the way as she went to see the little village in the mountains
A lovely walk through the vines and little lanes

After Villavieja,there is a path up to the Castillo Cornatel but I just took one look up and said...maybe next time.....don't want to kill the old boy off ....well at least until this Camino is finished anyway.

Lots of villages but no bars open till we got to Borrenes at 12.30 as he was about to open...great Tortilla and coffee
The whole..well almost the whole village came to inspect

There's minimal Tarmac on this stage but even then we just hopped over the barrier on the road and walked inside ...
There...we found many wild cherry trees......lunch Alfresco anyone?
Even more of them near the railway line
Ate buckets of them ....so good for the digestive system......not this time!

Stayed at Casa Socorro...30euros bed and breakfast for 2
All restaurants closed on Tuesday so made do with cold tapas from the bar

Day2...las Medulas to O Barco
Left around 0700 ....a beautiful walk with minimal Tarmac again
Got to Puente Florez around 9am ...most supermarkets open and we had a coffee and tostada.....3 coffees and one toast....4euros!
A very hot day with a long stop at Sobradelo

Going through the village of Entoma we found some roadworks as we turned onto the Camino. There a man came from behind a truck and ushered us back onto the main road....so no Camino here.
"That fella should have minded his own business and let us squeeze behind the truck onto the Camino" said Charlie
Yeah, I suppose so..
So on we went on a long stretch of road hopping on any bit of grass we found.
Later....another pearl of wisdom when we checked the map...
"That fella did us a favour you know shunting us off the Camino....saved about 4 km walking"
Well, there you go! ..just as well he didn't mind his own business isn't it?

Well actually, 4 extra km may have just done us in as by then it must have been about 32 degrees
Stayed in Rhe Gran Tortuga, a bit run down but the hospitality was exemplary.
The owner cooked us a meal at 7pm so a good end to the day

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Annette London and company,

@VNwalking, @SabineP, and @peregrina2000: you all have my feet itching to walk the Invierno.

If you can do post pics as well.

Buen camino.
Hi NYC
I haven't taken many as it means taking the iPad in and out of the rucksack a lot
We do have a smartphone but it's driving us bananas ...thinks it's smarter than us.....which I suppose it is ..in fact I know it is ...more re that later
BTW I haven't seen the NSS recently ..hope you guys are towing the line!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Whats that song..goes something something...something...young at heart...

Ive never met a venerable female whom we respectfully call here in S.Texas..Dona..with the funny squiggle above the N..called a codger

Rambunctious
Free spirited
"She got this funny streak in her"
Oma in certain parts of the hill country
A woman with the far away eyes
But not a codger...
Please keep up filled in on your adventure?

Whats that song..goes something something...something...young at heart...

Ive never met a venerable female whom we respectfully call here in S.Texas..Dona..with the funny squiggle above the N..called a codger

Rambunctious
Free spirited
"She got this funny streak in her"
Oma in certain parts of the hill country
A woman with the far away eyes
But not a codger...
Please keep up filled in on your adventure?
Sir, you can see beyond the photo! Your description fits the bill... i too look forward to next episodes.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Y
Well, whilst we're not that old..(next non celebration 70) neither are we in the first flush of youth as we descend on the Invierno.
Not sure what the female version of an old codger is though!
It poured rain al day as we travelled from Santiago to Lugo and then onto Ponferrada
We had booked Hotel el Castillo which turned out to be a very good choice.....it's only about 5 minutes from the start of the Invierno.

Met with Laurie, peregrina 2000 ...had a lovely chat and then headed off for something to eat.....as is often usual in Spain, nothing was open before 8.30 so it was back to the hotel.
Luckily we found the best pizza place ever just beside the hotel and open at 7.00pm
For a gigantic pizzeria and a wonderful bottle of wine.....20euro for 2
There is a small super mercado opposite the hotel so got some bits for the day after

Day1 ....Ponferrada to Las Medulas
What a wonderful feeling most of us have on that first day!
We can do this
Full of energy
Full of enthusiasm
No aching legs
No blisters....what are those!! .....
Dressed like a dogs dinner and nobody taking any notice ...

We met Laurie on the way as she went to see the little village in the mountains
A lovely walk through the vines and little lanes

After Villavieja,there is a path up to the Castillo Cornatel but I just took one look up and said...maybe next time.....don't want to kill the old boy off ....well at least until this Camino is finished anyway.

Lots of villages but no bars open till we got to Borrenes at 12.30 as he was about to open...great Tortilla and coffee
The whole..well almost the whole village came to inspect

There's minimal Tarmac on this stage but even then we just hopped over the barrier on the road and walked inside ...
There...we found many wild cherry trees......lunch Alfresco anyone?
Even more of them near the railway line
Ate buckets of them ....so good for the digestive system......not this time!

Stayed at Casa Socorro...30euros bed and breakfast for 2
All restaurants closed on Tuesday so made do with cold tapas from the bar

Day2...las Medulas to O Barco
Left around 0700 ....a beautiful walk with minimal Tarmac again
Got to Puente Florez around 9am ...most supermarkets open and we had a coffee and tostada.....3 coffees and one toast....4euros!
A very hot day with a long stop at Sobradelo

Going through the village of Entoma we found some roadworks as we turned onto the Camino. There a man came from behind a truck and ushered us back onto the main road....so no Camino here.
"That fella should have minded his own business and let us squeeze behind the truck onto the Camino" said Charlie
Yeah, I suppose so..
So on we went on a long stretch of road hopping on any bit of grass we found.
Later....another pearl of wisdom when we checked the map...
"That fella did us a favour you know shunting us off the Camino....saved about 4 km walking"
Well, there you go! ..just as well he didn't mind his own business isn't it?

Well actually, 4 extra km may have just done us in as by then it must have been about 32 degrees
Stayed in Rhe Gran Tortuga, a bit run down but the hospitality was exemplary.
The owner cooked us a meal at 7pm so a good end to the day
You guys are killing me! Kinda like “Grumpy Old Men Do the Camino”. Keep the travelogue going; I wanna hear more!

Y

You guys are killing me! Kinda like “Grumpy Old Men Do the Camino”. Keep the travelogue going; I wanna hear more!
Well, he's definitely grumpy!!
Will do some more tonight
We don't always have wi fi
As for the LIVE bit....I could not find the button...and not sure if LIVE will still be there at the end!!
As for that programme Grumpy old men...we used to love that...who'd have thought that it would catch up with us so soon!
Doesn't time fly!!!!
And here we are!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
In forgot to say that on the first day we met 5 other pilgrims ...3 Spanish, 1 Italian and a little fella that flew past us so fast we nearly missed him!

Day 3
OBarco to A Rua
The lady at the Gran Tortuga put out a breakfast fit for a King and then invited us to take what we wanted from the table...we didn't though as the rucksacks are heavy enough!

Off we went....got to the river...after 5 minutes...
Where are the sticks???
I ran back and she was just sending her daughter after us bless her
Now we've done this a few times ...once left them on a bus!!

As we felt so lively that day...remember it's still only day 3 we decided that we'd get to A Rua..leave our bags at the station...walk to montefurado..10 km away..and get the train back...then the morning after...get the 10.10 train to montefurado and continue the walk
Well a little while before we got to Vilamartin we met 2 ladies out for their morning walk
They insisted that we needed a coffee and steered us away from the path into the village despite the fact that I told them that the cafe did not open until 11 am ....and yes..it was closed!
Problem solved?
Not so...they knew another cafe around the corner and that's where we were going...did we have a choice...certainly not.
And off they went
In fact it was a lovely stop and nice coffee

Made our way back to the Camino to continue
A boiling hot day and I certainly felt like a pilgrim slogging away in the heat

We met the Italian pilgrim...carrying the kitchen sink hanging off of his rucksack ..a lot of weight

Got to the town and Charlie's gizmo on his phone said ..12 km.....12 km...no way ..it's got to be more than that. It's at least 20 km....at least it FEELS like we've done 20 km ..it's got to be broken...doesn't work ..there was plenty of data on it when we left.
He only uses the blessed thing to check when the next bus is coming
Might as well switch it off
I'm sick of listening to it anyway..
EG...you have paused your workout
You have resumed your workout
And whatever it was saying in between
Peace at last!

We had booked into Pension Fabio
Not so Fabio
It was 2 km away at the top of the town, and on we slogged
Then back again to get a drink as nothing around the pension

It was a beautiful place no doubt but a bit far out for us
Also difficult to get the clothes wash dry

So all that put paid to our plans for more walking that day
No restaurant open before 8.30 so we went to the supermarket and got some bits to eat in our room

Day 4
Due to the heat and the fact that we were going beyond Quiroga, we decided to get a taxi to Montefurado
A wonderful days walking
Lovely scenery and a new grassy path where once the pilgrims walked on Tarmac
The markings from day one were wonderful
Didn't get lost once and there are new mojons at every intersection

As the clothes were still relatively damp, we had to use the mobile washing line called Charlie
It's such a treat to see all kinds of garments tied to the rucksack in front of you

Now in this case I always walk behind and because I'm an obedient and dutiful wife , it's up to me to pick up anything that might fall off
However thank heavens for safety pins!
Within a short time the washing was good and dry

We passed through Quiroga and 2km approx to San Clodio where I had booked Hostal Las Vegas....mainly because I'd read that they had a lovely sheltered garden
And yes it was lovely and at temp of 32 degrees, needed
Room was 33euro
Meal 18euro for 2
A very pleasant evening was spent there image.jpeg

Day5
San Clodio to Salcedo

Left quiet early as another warm day forecast
Lots of early opening cafes here but we had eaten in the room and a quick coffee in the restaurant before we left

Most of the day was walked in the forest so the shade was food
Lots of little black flies driving me mad so I gave in and used the mosquito spray on myself and on the hat....I have to go sometime anyway...either the spray will kill me or the flies will eat me alive....I chose the spray...Charlie kept well away!
Got quiet a few bites on our faces though

There were numerous wild cherry trees and I looked at them lovingly...
He must have known this up ahead as suddenly all I heard was...
Better Keep away from those cherries!!!

We've never really liked walking in forests so this was a bit boring for us.....whatever floats your boat I guess.
Then some open fields and pretty wild flowers
We stopped at the crossroads of Castroncelos and Jose Louise from Salcedo picked us up
A beautiful hotel and a lovely place to rest
Half pension was about 65 euros for the two of us
A very relaxing evening

Last edited:
DAY 6
Salcedo to monforte
The O Forno was a really special hotel/ Casa rural, very peaceful and a nice village
The rooms are beautifully decorated in an old rustic way
The owner did a lovely meal at 7pm and was happy to provide breakfast at any time after 7
Half pension for the 2 of us was 80euros
Jose Luis drove us back to the crossroads from where we continued the walk
This is a service that he provides for pilgrims staying at O Forno

Now we were in real farming country...fields, cows....and cow dung
Although a lot of people do not like the country smells I am happy to breath in deeply and the smells are like perfume to my nostrils!!!!!
Reminds me of home!
We stopped at Pobra and had a lovely coffee, and met the Italian pilgrim again.
Generally a lovely walk
Just before Monforte, we got to the muddy track that can be knee deep in mud....
Wasn't too bad today but enough mud with flowing water even after all the heat and sun
I'd hate to think what it would be like after rain
The road can be taken as an alternative though.
We heard later that the Italian pilgrim had fallen on the muddy slabs but he was up and walking although covered in mud

monforte is a lovely town with narrow streets and the old centre with the parador just right off the main plaza.
We got settled into the hotel and then met with Laurie Perigrina 2000 ...we did have a good laugh and then went up to see the parador
We will meet again before or in santiago

The hotel Cardinal overlooking the river gave a special price of 60 euros to pilgrims ..very pleasant with a buffet breakfast

Only thing was that we could not turn off the air conditioning and the lights in the room just came on at 4 am......so much for computer technology...we had to take the key out in order to get the lights off!!

DAY 7
Monforte to Chantada

Again a nice walk through fields but an awful lot of Tarmac apart from one lovely green lane from Pineiro to Camino grande
We passed numerous hamlets with friendly people
One lady even offered us coffee and another gave me a bag of cherries again the markings were great

We missed the church of Diamondi as I didn't realise that it was just down from the Camino
So down and down we went to the Mino river
The scenery was spectacular as we wound our way down the Roman road
2 cyclists on the Camino passed us
Unfortunately the cafe by the river was closed and we just rested on a bench by the river

A steep climb followed and we passed the Bodega

Now "as hope springs eternal" I thought I'd see what was available in there!!!!
It's a Bodega for heavens sake ...what else but wine would be available??
Although I knew it was a silly question...I whispered in the young mans ear......
"Do you have any coffee here"
Well he looked at me as if to say....
"Here we go again
another stupido tourist"!!

"Where do you come from"?
I was almost afraid to tell him in case he thought we were all stupid there!
Ah ha ..he only wanted to take a photo of us for their Facebook page
Then he poured a large glass of wine which I had to decline.as we had to get up that path..maybe after a few though I wouldn't have cared which way we went!!
So up and up we went and the path was pretty overgrown but passable...seriously we thought, anything was better than all that Tarmac

From the hamlet of St Pedro de Lincora, it was down all the way and the road took us into the old part of town with lovely houses and narrow streets
We stayed in the Hotel Mogay for 49 euros ...a really lovely hotel ...breakfast was a buffet at 4.50 each
The town itself is a lively place with lots of cafés in the centre just around the corner from the hotel

DAY 8
Chantada to Rodeiro
Woke up to see a lot of mist over Monte Faro but by the time we got there, it had cleared
The uphill forest track was easy enough with lots of grass by the side for soft stepping
When we got to the Ermita....it's just off the Camino, up a set of stairs and on a grassy path, we were delighted to see that it was open with a lot of renovation going on
The inside was absolutely beautiful and the altar all lit up
The scenery on top was wonderful with views in all directions
We lit some candles ourselves and came back down the same way by the grassy path
Continued on our way on the forest track with more views of all the farms down below
Passing through the farms then..more wonderful farm smells ...for me at least
We sat on a farmers wall and ate our picnic
Continuing on the little lanes, we were overjoyed to find a cafe at the village of A Feira/Leboro where we had a good rest

As we were leaving, the Mayor of Rodeiro stopped and offered us a lift which we declined
I did invite him though to be the Mayor of London!
Rodeiro is a very small town but very much a part of the farming community
The Hostal Carpinteiras is well worth a visit...private rooms at 40 euros bed and breakfast for two
They also have an albergue on the first floor which looks better than a lot of Hostals that we've seen ...kitchen, cubical showers, TV, and seating area and a washer and dryer machine ....I forgot to ask the price
We had a lovely meal for 10 euro each with wine included
Breakfast was at 7Am

Only 4 more days to go before Santiago

DAY 9
Rodeiro to Lalin
There are two ways to get to Lalin....one by the way marked trail and the other way is by the road which is about 6 km shorter and not as nice or scenic

We did not know at that stage whether the lanes on the official route were gravel or Tarmac but have since learned that there's a mixture of both

We decided to go by the road as there is a service road without traffic on both sides
It is noisy once the traffic gets going but we had out iPods
There are 3 cafes on the road and we had a stop at each of the
Charlie does speed up when there's a cafe in sight!

In retrospect, we should have stayed in Lalin but I had misjudged the km and booked at a hotel outside Lalin..the Torro De Deza ....in fact the only one that I had booked apart from one other before we left home
Lalin is such a vibrant town with a wonderful atmosphere
We had a drink there and set off along the river ...it's a joy really to walk there
Got to the hotel and they told us that we had NOT reserved and a few strong words were exchanged
I literally saw stars with them they were so rude and they were not the estrella of Santiago!!
What was more annoying was that they did have a room but wanted to charge us more than the price agreed when I booked ...unfortunately it was my word against theirs
" a tourist expects"
"A pilgrim accepts"
Not in this case madam so we just walked out before I threw the rucksack at them
Fortunately we had passed a pension about 5 minutes back and they did have a room at 37euro
Well it was the best mix up we ever had because this place is a gem..fantastic meal ,with a lovely terrace in front. And they cooked the meal at whatever time we wanted
It's literally 5 minutes from the official path and we did not even have to retrace our steps the morning after
Called Hostal De Santiago and 4 km outside of Lalin

DAY 10
Lalin(well 4 km outside) to Silleda
Hotel Ramos.....30euro room with bath
Today was a short day so we did not leave until 9 AM
After the industrial park bit...about 10 minutes walk, the paths were lovely and grassy underfoot
We had stayed in the albergue many years before when we walked the VDLP but We couldn't remember it al all....even the village
But as we turned the corner and I saw the blue sign over the bar, it did come back...just the bar bit mind you!
We had a coffee there with an Argentinian pilgrim that we had met in Chantada and on we went
The paths were really soft underfoot all the way
The farm smells here were really strong...Charlie almost covered his nose...but not me ...breathe it in girl!!! Another coffee stop where we met 2 Americans from near Chicago

A lovely visit to the church of Our Lady of Fatima ..the second photo
The top photo is the one taken at the Ermita
image.jpegimage.jpeg
We did expect to see more pilgrims than we did and that evening the lady in the restaurant said that there were much fewer pilgrims this year than the same time last year
Tomorrow we move on to Ponte Ulla so an early start ...about 21 km

When I look back at our diaries from 15 years ago ..even 8 years ago, we were walking 30-35 km a day without a problem
So.......what's happened!!!!!!??

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
When I look back at our diaries from 15 years ago ..even 8 years ago, we were walking 30-35 km a day without a problem
So.......what's happened!!!!!!??
Yeah.
Funny, that.
😑

Thanks, Annette for bringing it back, when it's still relatively fresh - and lovely to see the path through someone else's eyes. Everyone notices different things...
And that hostal sounds quite nice!

Yeah.
Funny, that.
😑

Thanks, Annette for bringing it back, when it's still relatively fresh - and lovely to see the path through someone else's eyes. Everyone notices different things...
And that hostal sounds quite nice!
Thank you VN
However your description and Caryns really brought this Camino to life and I think that I will be revisiting and savouring them for a long time to come

DAY 11
Silleda to Ponte Ulla
The last day before reaching Santiago and I did feel the excitement this morning...suddenly am full of energy
We stayed in Hotel Ramos last night...very pleasant at 30euro for 2
More pilgrims are now appearing from the VDLP and so many passed us at Banderia
Fairly large groups of Spanish pilgrims are walking from Ourense ....walking about 15 km a day, then being picked up by bus at the end, taken back to their hotel and then resuming the Camino the next day...it's certainly one way of doing it ..and why not...a great group who shared their figs and nuts with us.

What a difference in the mojons since we came off the Invierno...they are all new and shiny looking whilst the ones today are worn and weather beaten ....a bit like ourselves I suppose after a long Camino

At one stage we passed a hollowed out tree where people had put little medals and pictures of saints

I decided to add my mothers mortuary card to the display
So if anyone is passing that way......please say "hello" to Elizabeth McGrath for me ...maybe she will still be there if we walk that way again!

The pension O Cruceiro is really a lovely place and a room was 35euro ...well worth the price
They also have an albergue at 12 euro

We had a lovely late lunch with Laurie peregrina 2000 and Alan who had walked part of the Invierno

thinking today of the Invierno and the difference in the amount of people walking each, I am wondering if I would even want to walk the Camino Frances again,
But we shall have to see about that one
I really cannot wait for tomorrow!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
thinking today of the Invierno and the difference in the amount of people walking each, I am wondering if I would even want to walk the Camino Frances again,
I have to say...it and the Via de Bayona/Vasco have spoiled me completely.
But never say never.
You can always revisit @towanda1961 's video, though, if you want to have a recap of what you've just done. ;)

Even in Kyoto
Hearing the cuckoo's cry
I long for Kyoto.
(Basho)

DAY 12
Ponte Ulla to Santiago

Well the big day has arrived
Up bright and early...well early anyway, as Charlie and Alan were conversing for a good while over a few pints of beer last night

We passed Oterio albergue where we had stayed in 2008 and were surprised to learn that only 4 pilgrims had stayed there that night

As we walked on, Charlie suddenly speeded up...and off the Camino too
Must be a bar somewhere methinks....
Yes the Rosenda cafe and albergue 150 metres to the left
The Americans from ponta Ulla hot footed after us once they saw the change in direction
We had a long rest there and chatted to an American living in Spain who was cycling the Portuguese Camino ....the last time on a bike he said...next time I'll be walking!!

Then through the subverts and over the bridge where the train crash of 2013 occurred, killing 79 people
It was sad to see so many personal things tied on the barrier as memorials to those who had died

Then on until I saw the spires of the Cathedral...always an emotional time for me ...and the sniffles started
Along came the Argentinian man that we'd first met in Chandata and who was walking in memory of his father who'd emigrated to Argentina years before ..he was very emotional too but reached across to hold my hand.

What really set me off though was that just in front of us, the raggle taggle group of Spanish pilgrims from Meredia who had all walked at different speeds for the past 3 days and who shared the figs and nuts with us were gathered together before setting off as one as they raised their Extramedura flag high in the air.

We followed them into the square and there was the cathedral. Now the sight of that cathedral never ceases to amaze me no matter how many times I've entered that square.
It just makes me wonder how those pilgrims in medieval times must have felt....apart from exhausted ....when they saw that facade with many coming from hovels from all over Europe.

We just sat back by the wall for awhile as we watch the pilgrims coming in from all directions ...students, young couples, oldies like ourselves, and of course the walking wounded ....you can always tell the ones with blisters!!!!

Settling in, we just relaxed for the day and met with Laurie for a chat.
Also visited Pilgrim house and met Faith.
Ger Bear was there too...another forum member

So this morning, we decided to get our compestela
Initially we weren't going to get them as apart from the first ones which we have framed, the rest are just sitting in a drawer along with the many credentials and diaries.
We just thought it important that those walking the Invierno should be documented.
So much work has gone into the marking of this Camino and not once did we get lost or need to look at a book

It really is a lovely Camino and even though there is a fair amount of Tarmac and very few bars/ cafes, it is a solitary route with some lovely scenery and friendly people
In the 10 days before the Sanabres, we only met about 6 others
It is also a Camino that can easily be completed in a 2 week window
The opposite in every way to the Frances
There are very few albergues at the moment so private accommodation is the only option right now.

I also got 2 blank credentials this morning !!!!
Just in case we get the notion to walk another one soon!!

The other reason we got the compostela was that I am in the process of collecting bits and pieces for our 2 sets of grandsons ...where they came from etc...with pictures and information going back a few generations
I will add those credentials, compostela and diaries to the boxes

So hopefully in the future when we have long departed this earth ...they may...just may open those boxes and say....

"Oh boy, those 2 old codgers sure got around a few of those caminos...maybe we should have a go as well"
And we will say ..."Go for it boys.....walk them all....and many more besides"

I have to say...it and the Via de Bayona/Vasco have spoiled me completely.
But never say never.
You can always revisit @towanda1961 's video, though, if you want to have a recap of what you've just done. ;)

Even in Kyoto
Hearing the cuckoo's cry
I long for Kyoto.
(Basho)
Hi VN
Thanks for the video link
I'll be watching!
We got 2 blank credentials yesterday you know!

Now.......I wonder what Camino we can use them for........I know which one you would pick though don't I???
I think I'll get those Vasco posts up again!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Haha ha...I did too, Annette, and there's only one of me. ;) :oops:
Oh, for sure the Vasco is a gem. Days 2 and 3 could be nicer walking, but that's robustly balanced by the towns and the wonderful food.

OMG, @Annette london ... "so I gave in and used the mosquito spray on myself and on the hat....I have to go sometime anyway...either the spray will kill me or the flies will eat me alive....I chose the spray..."

🤣
You're hilarious, woman!

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

Most read last week in this forum

After doing the Camino Portugués Central (loved it), then Sarria to SdC (hmmm), I’ve very excited to start the Invierno today as my final Camino of this trip before heading home. Anything the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back