• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

2016 September/October Peregrinos Departures

Hello,
New to the site.
I love all the information and wisdom. Thank you for making this available.
Please list me for my first Camino September - October 2016

September 18- St. Jean

Thank you!

Leora
Welcome to the forum. You are on the list. Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Change of plans - I'm actually starting on the 29th of August in stead of the 3rd of September :)
I have amended your entry, Lilja. Have a fabulous time.

If you are starting your Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail, adds a sense of community/security.
Just reply to this thread with when and where you are starting.

Sometime in September/October, no specific day yet

1. vgen5122(Michael&Vilma) (late August) (St.Jean), trecile (late August) (CF)

2. Thomas Woods (late August, early September) (St Jean), Jacky and Kat (late August, early September) (St Jean) margiemac (St. Jean),

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Dottie (St Jean), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean)

4. Rossmckay and Margaret (first week), AZgirl (first week September) (Valencia), Bodog (early September), Hal (early September) (Ponferrada), Natalie B (early September) (St Jean)

5. Susanglori (early to mid), JPPreston (approx. second week Sep) (St Jean), TomUK (mid September) (St Jean), Sailor (mid-September) (St Jean), museflex (early to mid) (CF), Dot (mid September)

6. Careen (Mid to Late), Tim Wear (late September) (St Jean), BuzzBuzz (late September) (Logrono)

7. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean), SimiK (end of Sept/Oct)

---------------------------------------

August 23 - Kez (St Jean)
August 29 - Lilja (St Jean)
August 31 - tpmchugh (Logrono or Pamplona)
September 1 - Tibby (St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean), Terri B (St Jean), Lauren321 (St Jean)
September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean)
September 3 - Colopalm (St Jean), Lady Danglebury (Porto), GerdaKHr (Leon)
September 4 - Trevorcc Catalan (Logrono), Marc Hamel (St Jean)
September 5 - kmrice (St Jean)
September 6 - Steve392 (St Jean), Johanne and Michel (St Jean), Elfmade (St Jean)
September 7 - Nanc (St Jean)
September 8 - nonami (St Jean), Deacon Jason (St Jean), Lee Woodhouse (St Jean)
September 9 - TomS ( St Jean), Val S (St Jean) Lynne L (St Jean)
September 10 - Jiffie (St Jean) JKH
September 11 - Carla and Mary (St Jean)
September 12 - Nancy Claeys (Leon), Miguel de Flandes (Sevilla)
September 13 -Sandcastle (St Jean), Bill Ronan (St Jean)
September 14 - Liz Ward (St Jean), Walkmag (Madrid), Albertagirl (Pau) , Donna and John Beevor-Potts (St Jean)
September 15 - Giorgio & Gianni (Pamplona), Jamos (St Jean), LeanneD (St Jean)
September 16 - Liz Murray (St Jean), Bethy446 (St Jean)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca)
September 18 - DanielH (Burgos), Michael Caleigh(Oviedo), Leora (St Jean)
September 19 - KerrieG (St Jean), Shira (Sarria), Millszey & Jose Carlos (Sarria)
September 20 - Camino_Rooky (St Jean)
September 21 - LesBrass (Seville)
September 22 - Joodle (St Jean), Phoenix (St Jean), fredk (St Jean)
September 23 - MellisaSue67 (St Jean), 7Wood (Sarria)
September 24 -
September 25 - Camino Sisters (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 27 - Likin( Leon)
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -
October 6 - Buzz Radican (St Jean)
October 9 - Scruffy1 (Bilbao to CF)
October 12 - Allansykes (Almeria)
November 4 - janewang (CF)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

September 18- St. Jean

Thank you!

Leora
Hi Leora! I'll be in St Jean 17 & 18 September, start walking on the 19th! :)

HI Margie. I can see from your profile you are heading off late August/early September. Did you want me to add you to the list? Have you decided on a starting point yet?

Hello,
New to the site.
I love all the information and wisdom. Thank you for making this available.

September 18- St. Jean

Thank you!

Leora
Hi Leora , September and October are nice month's to walk the Camino.
Wish you a wonderfull journey and a Buen Camino , Peter.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi I'm looking to do my first Camino France starting from Lourdes around the 23rd September. I've got no time limit so I figure that it will take about a week to get to St Jean which hopefully will give me enough practice to manage the jaunt to Roncesvalles instead of having the big climb and descent on the first day.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
If you are starting your Camino during the months of September or October 2016, and are interested in having your name added to the list, let me know. Sometimes, knowing someone else from the forum is currently on the trail, adds a sense of community/security.

2. Thomas Woods (late August, early September) (St Jean), Jacky and Kat (late August, early September) (St Jean)

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Dottie (St Jean), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean)

4. Rossmckay and Margaret (first week), AZgirl (first week September) (Valencia), Bodog (early September), Hal (early September) (Ponferrada), Natalie B (early September) (St Jean)

5. Susanglori (early to mid), JPPreston (approx. second week Sep) (St Jean), TomUK (mid September) (St Jean), Sailor (mid-September) (St Jean), museflex (early to mid) (CF), Dot (mid September)

6. Careen (Mid to Late), Tim Wear (late September) (St Jean), BuzzBuzz (late September) (Logrono)

September 1 - Tibby (St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean), Terri B (St Jean), Lauren321 (St Jean)
September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean)
September 6 - Steve392 (St Jean), Johanne and Michel (St Jean), Elfmade (St Jean)
September 14 - Liz Ward (St Jean), Walkmag (Madrid), Albertagirl (Pau) , Donna and John Beevor-Potts (St Jean)
September 19 - KerrieG (St Jean), Shira (Sarria), Millszey & Jose Carlos (Sarria)
September 24 -
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

Change in plans - could you move me from September 13 to September 10? Thanks.

2. Thomas Woods (late August, early September) (St Jean), Jacky and Kat (late August, early September) (St Jean)

September 24 -
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

Flyguy starting arriving in St Jean on Aug 31 staying at Gite Izaxulo then head out Sept 1st and hopefully Sept 1st at Orisson although have not had a reply yet from them yet.Walking alone

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
hello

I will be walking my first Camino starting from St Jean on the 23rd or 24th of September. Would love to be added to the list :) am looking forward to hopefully meeting many of you on the Camino this year!

Sarah,

September 24 -
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

an

While I'm here I do have a question. I am going to be walking the Camino on my own, for the first time starting late September. I have only recently decided to commit to this and am very excited. I am currently backpacking around and have been on the road for about 2 and a half months so far. The Camino will be just one part of a 14month trip for me so the thing I am struggling with the most is my cheapest option for a place to leave my big backpack while I'm walking? I will need all my stuff again at the end of the Camino to continue my travels. I would really appreciate any advice on this!

sar_sar,

Welcome to the Forum!

Long term storage of luggage is offered in Santiago de Compostela by Ivar Rekve, the Forum administrator. See more info here.

Happy planning and Buen camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi I'm looking to do my first Camino France starting from Lourdes around the 23rd September. I've got no time limit so I figure that it will take about a week to get to St Jean which hopefully will give me enough practice to manage the jaunt to Roncesvalles instead of having the big climb and descent on the first day.
I've put you on the list. Yes, the first day out of St Jean looks daunting.

Flyguy starting arriving in St Jean on Aug 31 staying at Gite Izaxulo then head out Sept 1st and hopefully Sept 1st at Orisson although have not had a reply yet from them yet.Walking alone
Welcome to the forum. From what I have read it does take some time before you get a reply about accommodation at Orisson. Buen Camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
hello

I will be walking my first Camino starting from St Jean on the 23rd or 24th of September. Would love to be added to the list :) am looking forward to hopefully meeting many of you on the Camino this year!

Sarah,

an
Yes, welcome sar_sar. I put you down for the 23rd. mspath has given very wise advise about your backpack. If you are arriving in Spain on your way to St Jean, it appears to be cheaper to send internally in Spain to Santiago rather than wait until arrival at St Jean. Buen Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

September 1 - Tibby (St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean), Terri B (St Jean), Lauren321 (St Jean), Flyguy (St Jean)
September 10 - Jiffie (St Jean), JKH, Sandcastle (St Jean)
September 13 - Bill Ronan (St Jean) Heather, Patty, Cathrine & Jackie (St. Jean)
September 23 - MellisaSue67 (St Jean), 7Wood (Sarria), Mangled99 (Lourdes, CF)
September 24 - sar_sar (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -
October 6 - Craig Oliver (St Jean)

September 1 - Tibby (St Jean), Kathy Cocquyt (St Jean), Terri B (St Jean), Lauren321 (St Jean), Flyguy (St Jean)
September 13 - Bill Ronan (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

September 2nd, Dottie, St Jean

€149,-
Welcome to the forum hgal. Before I can add you to a list I need some idea of when you are planning to start in September October. If you know where you may be starting as well I can add that.

I am planning the camino frances in spetember 2016....currently planning to depart from St Jean on sept 5
this will be my first camino - beyond excited yet mildly terrified.
Hope to meet many of you along the way!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am planning the camino frances in spetember 2016....currently planning to depart from St Jean on sept 5
this will be my first camino - beyond excited yet mildly terrified.
Hope to meet many of you along the way!
Absolutely correct to be excited and normal to be mildly terrified. You will quickly find that the terror is not warranted. I've added you to the list. There are some Minnesotans ( I think that's the correct term) leaving around then. Buen Camino!

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean)

September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean), Dottie (St Jean)
September 5 - kmrice (St Jean), julie s (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

My name is Cyndi Knapp and I'll be starting on August 24th at SJPP...first time pilgrim!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello :) Please add me to the list for September - hopefully starting from St. Jean the 17th or 18th of September.

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean)

8. Diana Trent middle of September- starting at Pamplona

August 24 - Cyndi Knapp (St Jean)
September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean), Dottie (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Please add my name to the list:
Whetten - September 7, St. Jean
Added you to the list, Whetten. I might see you along the way as I leave the day after you.

Hello :) Please add me to the list for September - hopefully starting from St. Jean the 17th or 18th of September.
Welcome Deeanne, I put you down for the 17th. Buen Camino!

Diana, I have added you to the "Sometime in September" list. If you confirm your plans (when and where) I can amend this entry if you'd like. Welcome to the forum and have a wonderful journey.

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean), Diana Trent

September 7 - Nanc (St Jean), Whetten (St Jean)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

We will be starting from St Jean on September 20, 2016. Looking forward to our first Camino!

We will be starting from St Jean on September 20, 2016. Looking forward to our first Camino!
I am sure you are very excited. Welcome and have a marvelous journey. You're on the list!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Please add me to the list, nonami . Flying into Bayonne Aug 28 to take train to SJPDP Aug 29 and departing Aug 30 for Orrison or Valcarlos (like Flyboy, I too am waiting for confirmation from Orrison). I have 8 weeks to reach Finisterre and will be taking my time. I also will be walking alone...but you are never alone on the Camino. With that first step, every one of us becomes part of a huge family bonded by purpose and by what we are seeking, which to me at its basic is spiritual, because this is an inward journey as well as an outward one .
I recently had to put down my faithful companion (lab/collie cross)of 14 yrs and lost my sister shortly after. So I am really looking forward to this amazing, life-giving, life-embracing experience .
I'll keep my eyes on this thread and the excitement and anticipation it generates.
Buen Camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Please add me to the list, nonami . Flying into Bayonne Aug 28 to take train to SJPDP Aug 29 and departing Aug 30 for Orrison or Valcarlos (like Flyboy, I too am waiting for confirmation from Orrison). I have 8 weeks to reach Finisterre and will be taking my time. I also will be walking alone...but you are never alone on the Camino. With that first step, every one of us becomes part of a huge family bonded by purpose and by what we are seeking, which to me at its basic is spiritual, because this is an inward journey as well as an outward one .
I recently had to put down my faithful companion (lab/collie cross)of 14 yrs and lost my sister shortly after. So I am really looking forward to this amazing, life-giving, life-embracing experience .
I'll keep my eyes on this thread and the excitement and anticipation it generates.
Buen Camino.
Hi, wish you a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Buen Camino.
You're there! I might see you on the way as I must be in Santiago by the 13th October. Have an uplifting journey.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You're there! I might see you on the way as I must be in Santiago by the 13th October. Have an uplifting journey.
Thanks nonami. I hope to. That would be special if we did bump into each other:)

3. Sometime in September: Brad Williams (St Jean), TarantoLK, SamanthaMarie (St Jean), Marylynn (CF), Kerrychick (Logrono), Jollytz (St Jean), Diana Trent

August 30 - SGStett (St Jean)
September 13 - Bill Ronan (St Jean) Heather+Catherine+Patty+Jackie (St Jean)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona)
September 20 - Camino_Rooky (St Jean), AyerPair (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

Hello!

I just booked my plane ticket this morning! I'll be leaving from St. Jean on September 2. I've been creeping on the forum for ages...so excited to finally be making this trip! Thanks to all the forum members who have provided such valuable information.

Courtney

€46,-
Hello!

I just booked my plane ticket this morning! I'll be leaving from St. Jean on September 2. I've been creeping on the forum for ages...so excited to finally be making this trip! Thanks to all the forum members who have provided such valuable information.

Courtney
Hi, Courtney, I will also be leaving from St Jean on Sept 2nd. Will you be staying at Orisson that night or continuing on to Roncesvalles?

Hi, Courtney, I will also be leaving from St Jean on Sept 2nd. Will you be staying at Orisson that night or continuing on to Roncesvalles?

Hi Dottie,

I did email the hostel at Orisson, but haven't received a reply. If they have room I'll probably choose to stay there. If not, I guess I'll journey on :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello!

Courtney
Added! You will have a magnificent time.

September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean), Dottie (St Jean), CourtneyZ (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

Hello Everyone... first post on the Camino Community :) . My Dad (Bill), Brother (Brad) , Husband (Will) and myself ( Helen) will start walking the CF on 10th September 2016. With my two sisters Kaz and Donna , and brother in law Peter joining us towards the end of September in Leon. I must say we have been a little concerned about how crowded it might be considering its a Holy Year... We were even wondering whether we should change and walk the Camino Portuguese instead....

Hello Everyone... first post on the Camino Community :) . My Dad (Bill), Brother (Brad) , Husband (Will) and myself ( Helen) will start walking the CF on 10th September 2016. With my two sisters Kaz and Donna , and brother in law Peter joining us towards the end of September in Leon. I must say we have been a little concerned about how crowded it might be considering its a Holy Year... We were even wondering whether we should change and walk the Camino Portuguese instead....
Wish you all a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did the camino march 2015, hoping to get back for late sept this year for the year of mercy

They took a very long time to get back to me, but they finally did and I will be staying there. Hope to see you on the trail. Buen Camino!
Hi Dottie, you will love your stay in the albergue Orisson.
Wish you a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

I did the camino march 2015, hoping to get back for late sept this year for the year of mercy
Hello jamesw3435. I have added you to the late September group. I put you down for Camino Frances. Let me know if this is incorrect.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Welocme to the forum Vaggers. I put you down (plus your other six family members) for CF. If you change your mind I can alter the details. Have a brilliant time which ever one you choose.

I originally thought that I was going to start in September, but now 22 August is my start date. Is there a thread for August starters, or do I still belong here, as the bulk of my Camino will be in September?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

please add Marty and Susan Karpiel to the Camino list. We are nubies...arriving SJDpD on 20th and starting the camino on 21st.

I originally thought that I was going to start in September, but now 22 August is my start date. Is there a thread for August starters, or do I still belong here, as the bulk of my Camino will be in September?
I have consulted with my lawyers about the wording in the original post and they confirm that I must allow your name on the list on 22nd August despite my reservations about doing so. ........... Just joking!. Of course that is not a problem. I also searched for an August list and could not find one.
Buen Camino!

please add Marty and Susan Karpiel to the Camino list. We are nubies...arriving SJDpD on 20th and starting the camino on 21st.
Welcome to the forum. I put you down for the 21st September. If it is October please let me know and I will amend. Have a fantastic time!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have consulted with my lawyers about the wording in the original post and they confirm that I must allow your name on the list on 22nd August despite my reservations about doing so. ........... Just joking!. Of course that is not a problem. I also searched for an August list and could not find one.
Buen Camino!
Ha ha. I looked for an August list too.

Hi, Is this September list only for the CF?? I am 90% decided to go, but doing the CP this time, starting September 3rd or 4th...
Danielle

Hi, Is this September list only for the CF?? I am 90% decided to go, but doing the CP this time, starting September 3rd or 4th...
Danielle
I am not the original starter of the thread which resides in Camino Frances area. I think it is about any pilgrim walking in those months regardless of the path and there are some already on the list from other routes.
So officially welcome to the forum. You are on the list (a starting point?). Buen Camino!

€83,-
Thanks noami,
My plans are from Lisbon - Santiago, and I am jugling my schedule around the 20 km a day, since 30ish is too much. As soon as my flights are covered, I will confirm, which should be very, very soon!
Did the Frances in September 2014 from SJPdP all the way to Santiago, very rewarding!

Thank you, I just bought my plane ticket so it seems real now, I'm very excited.

1. vgen5122(Michael&Vilma) (late August) (St.Jean)

6. Careen (Mid to Late), Tim Wear (late September) (St Jean), BuzzBuzz (late September) (Logrono), jamesw3435 (late September) (CF)

August 22 - trecile (CF)
September 2 - Craig Warren (St Jean), clearskies (Santiago to Finisterre), Diana P (St Jean), Dottie (St Jean), CourtneyZ (St Jean)
September 4 - Trevorcc Catalan (Logrono), Marc Hamel (St Jean), Zoula (CP)
September 10 - Jiffie (St Jean), JKH, Sandcastle (St Jean), Vaggers + 3+3 (CF)
September 12 - Nancy Claeys (Leon), Miguel de Flandes (Sevilla), G.White (St Jean)
September 21 - LesBrass (Seville), Marty and Susan Karpiel (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

6. Careen (Mid to Late), Tim Wear (late September) (St Jean), BuzzBuzz (late September) (Logrono), jamesw3435 (late September) (CF)

August 22 - trecile (CF)
September 12 - Nancy Claeys (Leon), Miguel de Flandes (Sevilla), G.White (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

€46,-
So great you are doing this! Thank you. I'm heading out from Vancouver, Canada and leaving St. Jean about Sept. 6th. for my first Camino. Looking forward to meeting some of you along the way.

Kathy T.

So great you are doing this! Thank you. I'm heading out from Vancouver, Canada and leaving St. Jean about Sept. 6th. for my first Camino. Looking forward to meeting some of you along the way.

Kathy T.
My pleasure. I've put you down for the 6th. You are going to have a marvelous time. Buen Camino Kirby852!

Kathy T.
Hi Kathy, you will walking in a nice periode off the year according to my wife anyway.
Wish you a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi! I'm KellyB and I'll be arriving in St Jean on Sept 16 and heading out on my first Camino the next day. I'm so excited!
Hola, KellyB. You have good reason to be excited. You have joined the illustrious list. Have an incredible journey.

Hello Im Mônica
Im new here, Im very happy for found this forum :)
Im from Brazil, but Im living in Australia.
I will do my first walk in October/2016
Im very excited about this journey, I hope I can get a lot of informations here and make some friends as well :)

Hello Im Mônica
Im very excited about this journey, I hope I can get a lot of informations here and make some friends as well :)
Welcome to the forum Monica and Buen Camino! You'll certainly find a lot of information here - just ask a question, or use the search box to see if it has been asked before.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Welcome to the forum Monica and Buen Camino! You'll certainly find a lot of information here - just ask a question, or use the search box to see if it has been asked before.
Nuala thank you for replied my comment :)
This journey will be my first time, and I will do this alone, Im little a bit worry to do this by myself, do you thing it is ok??
Its safe?
Did you know something wrong happened in this route? (Camino Frances)

Nuala thank you for replied my post :)
This journey will be my first time, and I will do this alone, Im little a bit worry to do this by myself, do you thing it is ok??
Its safe?
Did you know something wrong happened in this route? (Camino Frances)

Hi Monica, setting off on your own is a big undertaking, especially when you are coming from afar. But rest assured, you will not be alone on the Camino, unless you choose to be so. You will meet many solo peregrinas of all ages who feel totally safe on the Camino. In my opinion, the Camino is far safer than most cities or holiday destinations. However, like anywhere, you should take sensible precautions for your safety - not because the Camino is dangerous, but because that's just a smart thing to do no matter where you are.

If you were my daughter or my niece I would tell you, without hesitation, that you should not be frightened on the Camino. It is a wonderful and life-changing experience.

WOW Nuala thank you for your advice, thats is so good hear from someone with a good vibe :)
You are right, some places in Brazil, for example, could be really more danger then the camino Frances, and I never had a problem in my country, I always have a lot precautions and I very careful also.
Im just little a bit anxiously about this trip, and I will do it alone, sometimes I feel afraid, but must of time I feel it like a challenge, Im doing it for my self, and I very happy about, I can't wait :)
Nuala thank you very much for your time to come and replied me :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hello Im Mônica
I have added you to the list for sometime in October, Monica. The forum has many topics that may help you. There is also a Sydney pilgrims group that meets regularly that may help.
Some good advice has already been given. The camino is a very safe place but always be sensible. Buen Camino.

7. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean), SimiK (end of Sept/Oct), Monica Alice Habas (October)

8. KerryW and Andy W early Sept (St Jean)

August 22 - trecile (CF)
September 6 - Steve392 (St Jean), Johanne and Michel (St Jean), Elfmade (St Jean), Kirby852 (St Jean)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona), KellyB (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

7. EstherBlack (Sep/Oct) (St Jean), SimiK (end of Sept/Oct), Monica Alice Habas (October)

August 22 - trecile (CF)
September 6 - Steve392 (St Jean), Johanne and Michel (St Jean), Elfmade (St Jean), Kirby852 (St Jean)
September 17 - Christian Hiriart (St Jean), Cecy (Valenca), Deanne (St Jean), tbJoe (Pamplona), KellyB (St Jean)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

September 12 - solotraveller (Viseu CPI)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

August 22 - trecile (CF)
September 26 -
September 28 -
September 29 -
September 30 -

August 28th Richard and Renee Rupert

September 12 - solotraveller (Viseu CPI)
I have added you to the list, solotraveller. The coastal walk from Porto is magnificent. Buen Camino!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum KerryW. Before I add you to the list can you tell me when and where you are starting your Camino? The dates can be approximate if you are in early planning stage.

I will be beginning my first Camino (Frances) solo early September 2016. I hope to meet you.
Buen Camino!
Welcome to the forum, Trudi. I have added you to the early September starting group. You will have an awesome time. Hopefully you might meet some of the pilgrims on this list.

HI Margie. I can see from your profile you are heading off late August/early September. Did you want me to add you to the list? Have you decided on a starting point yet?
Hi Nonami, on your 2016 Sept. list I am down as starting Sept. 4th Catalan Camino, due to changes I am leaving on the 5th from Valencia walking to Zamora before joining the CF to catch up with friends and on or around the 24th Oct. heading to Porto to walk back to Santiago. So anyone leaving Valencia on or around the 5th keep an eye out. Staying at Hostal Paris in Valencia,

Hi Nonami, on your 2016 Sept. list I am down as starting Sept. 4th Catalan Camino, due to changes I am leaving on the 5th from Valencia walking to Zamora before joining the CF to catch up with friends and on or around the 24th Oct. heading to Porto to walk back to Santiago. So anyone leaving Valencia on or around the 5th keep an eye out. Staying at Hostal Paris in Valencia,
Done, Trevor. Have a great time.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back