• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

a lil 2nd Camino

gitileh

To all the wonderful, brave and heart-full people on this view,
September last year i was struggling with the idea of going to this unknown enigmatic idea of the Camino. At a certain moment of fearless and passion, i just booked the flights and went for it.
Yesss, my bag was too heavy, yes, i went with no maps or guidebooks. yes i was alone and unaware of whats ahead of me. Had new walking shoos, a friends bag, and very little Spanish.
What i understood very quietly, was that all i needed was the baggage i brought within me.
At the 1st Albergue in Pamplona, threw away half of the stuff in my bag, thanks to people who gave their advise and care.
First days were hard. Doubt and pain invited hard questions about choices and self awareness.
Of ALL the beautiful moments i've had, those i remember, and go back to the most. The ones within i felt that this journey was too big for me. Physically, mentally and emotionally, and almost gave up.
Looking now, those moments actually opened the door to my Real journey. Those moments you are forced to dive into your mind and soul, and look for strength, faith, and mostly, Truth. About what you really believe in, who you really are and what are you made of. Bedbugs, blisters, sunburns, cold water, homesick, lack of privacy, fatigue, muscles ace, loneliness, cultural ignorance and the idea of the unknown...are all there for the test.
Thing is, you are not taking it alone. Along with all of my important personal insights, Non, absolutely non of it could be possible without all of those caring, holding hands, maps, lotions and bandages sharing, comforting, hugging, dinner making, encouraging, wine purring, smiling, proud and interesting people along the way.
I was privileged to be a part of that land and people views and history.

This is a journey about learning, of what you should hold on to and fight for, and what you should let go and realize you are happier without it. For that, you cannot prepare yourself. Just start the walk, listen, and don't be afraid.

Had to share some :). Walked the camino on Oct.2011, Pamplona-Fisterra-Muxia, and want to come back for the missing part - St.Jean - Pamplona. Coming from Israel. Where should i book my flight to?
Thank you!
Hagit.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You could fly Tel Aviv to Pamplona, with a change at Madrid.
If you plan to walk before the end of September, you can get a bus to St Jean from Pamplona.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
שלום חגית

אני ירושלמי והלכתי לסנטיגו כבר שלוש פעמים בשלושת השנים האחרונות- ואולי אוכל לעזור לך-יש לי ספרים מפות צילומים וניסיון ואשמח לסייע תכתבי לי כאן בדאור הפרטי אני שולח לך המייל שלי באותו המקום
מיקי

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
gitileh said:
First days were hard. Doubt and pain invited hard questions about choices and self awareness. Of ALL the beautiful moments i've had, those i remember, and go back to the most. The ones within i felt that this journey was too big for me. Physically, mentally and emotionally, and almost gave up.
Looking now, those moments actually opened the door to my Real journey. Thing is, you are not taking it alone. Along with all of my important personal insights, Non, absolutely non of it could be possible without all of those caring, holding hands, maps, lotions and bandages sharing, comforting, hugging, dinner making, encouraging, wine purring, smiling, proud and interesting people along the way. I was privileged to be a part of that land and people views and history.

This is a journey about learning, of what you should hold on to and fight for, and what you should let go and realize you are happier without it. For that, you cannot prepare yourself. Just start the walk, listen, and don't be afraid. Hagit.

Hola Hagit, forgive my edits. I thought your post was wonderful and wanted to highlight those parts which deeply resonated with me.

Best wishes

John

You are lucky to have Mickey right there in your part of the world. Contact him for more info.

Sometimes the most meaningful messages come from the most unexpected sources.
I woke up this Sunday morning, turned on computer to check if anything important came overnight, and lo and behold your beautiful comments.

This is exactly what I have been feeling but it is you who has articulated them (probably without even meaning to!).

I am starting from SJPP 23 September 2012, and hope to have the pleasure and privilege of maybe meeting you along the way?

Thank you, Hagit.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola Hagit, its just less than a month before I leave for SJPdP and my camino, and ur words just gave me such encouragement, cause even tho I am so excited, I feeling so unprepared, and what u spoke was what is really important, thank you!

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back