• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A new Life Chapter Begins with the New Camino

maks

Time of past OR future Camino
10 Caminos, 2005-16;
St .Jean -> Finisterrae, Autumn 2017 (up-coming)
The saying goes like this: "Don't dream your life: live your dream!" And I'm beginning to get it!

In the last month, I've resigned from my job, sold my car and my house, and got rid of pretty much everything I owed.

In less than two weeks from now, I'll be leaving this place - town, state, country and continent - that have been home to me for the last 8 years!

All I'll have with me is a backpack, an airplane ticket, a profound conviction that there is so much more to life - and a tingling desire to discover what that means and entails!

In three weeks from now, I am making a long-standing dream come true: I am embarking on the Camino to walk the entire Way! I have walked 10 Caminos in segments over the last 12 years: solo, as a university professor with groups of students, and last not least, last year - with my amazing 10-year-old daughter... Every step of St. Jean to Santiago is known to me; yet in all the previous Caminos, I've kept Santiago -> Finisterrae untrodden, saving it for that special occasion... And Now is When!

And what's beyond that?! I don't need to know it now, and so I don't! I'll just open my heart a little wider, and follow the Yellow Arrows! For now, I'm basking in the joy of the realization that I am reminding myself of the people I've always admired!

Freedom - in all senses of the word - is worth dreaming about and living for - really! Buen Camino!

If this provokes any thought / reflection / story to tell, or even a "Buen Camino" wish, let alone any word of wisdom or guidance you want to share - please know it will be embraced with all my heart and deeply appreciated! And anyone setting out of St. Jean around mid-September or joining in at a potentially-corresponding time thereafter - please do say "hi" ("hola" / "hallo" or whatever else! :))

PS: Here's a little tribute to what is coming, in a photo gallery, featuring some of the impressions from my past Caminos:
http://www.mytravellessons.com/index/G0000IvJa3zbnddQ

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I wish you all the best Maks, most people don't have the courage. I hope it works out wonderfully!

Buen Camino and beyond!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I wish you all the best Maks, most people don't have the courage. I hope it works out wonderfully!

Buen Camino and beyond!
Thank you so much Mike! That courage is growing on me as we speak! :)) Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The saying goes like this: "Don't dream your life: live your dream!" And I'm beginning to get it!

In the last month, I've resigned from my job, sold my car and my house, and got rid of pretty much everything I owed.

In less than two weeks from now, I'll be leaving this place - town, state, country and continent - that have been home to me for the last 8 years!

All I'll have with me is a backpack, an airplane ticket, a profound conviction that there is so much more to life - and a tingling desire to discover what that means and entails!

In three weeks from now, I am making a long-standing dream come true: I am embarking on the Camino to walk the entire Way! I have walked 10 Caminos in segments over the last 12 years: solo, as a university professor with groups of students, and last not least, last year - with my amazing 10-year-old daughter... Every step of St. Jean to Santiago is known to me; yet in all the previous Caminos, I've kept Santiago -> Finisterrae untrodden, saving it for that special occasion... And Now is When!

And what's beyond that?! I don't need to know it now, and so I don't! I'll just open my heart a little wider, and follow the Yellow Arrows! For now, I'm basking in the joy of the realization that I am reminding myself of the people I've always admired!

Freedom - in all senses of the word - is worth dreaming about and living for - really! Buen Camino!

If this provokes any thought / reflection / story to tell, or even a "Buen Camino" wish, let alone any word of wisdom or guidance you want to share - please know it will be embraced with all my heart and deeply appreciated! And anyone setting out of St. Jean around mid-September or joining in at a potentially-corresponding time thereafter - please do say "hi" ("hola" / "hallo" or whatever else! :))

PS: Here's a little tribute to what is coming, in a photo gallery, featuring some of the impressions from my past Caminos:
Buen camino..,,enjoy every step and remember the way provides....take care and smile!!!!

Hurry!
Its all around the bend..just there
You will see that and so much more!

And as you let go?
More and more will rush in to take its place..and you will fill..yet never bursting
Drink in all as ever thirsting
You will fill
Or so you think
That glorious wanderlust and longing for..Next...

You will need no compass,pen nor paper
Maps to read under waxen taper

Your heart will follow mysterious maps written in the soul
Look at your hands..those roadmaps of your life
Mysterious lines and wrinkles and other lives.

Take your life and embrace the who and what you will become
You find..

Some wonderfull nite
You are ALWAYS..becoming

That is
You find all the possibilitys have reset

Buen Camino

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Buen Camino

Sometimes you hear, fifth-hand,
As epitaph:
He chucked up everything
And just cleared off
And always the voice will sound
Certain you approve
This audacious, purifying,
Elemental move.

And they are right, I think.
We all hate home
And having to be there:
I detest my room,
Its specially-chosen junk,
The good books, the good bed,
And my life, in perfect order:
So to hear it said

He walked out on the whole crowd
Leaves me flushed and stirred,
Like Then she undid her dress
Or Take that you bastard;
Surely I can, if he did?
And that helps me to stay
Sober and industrious.
But I’d go today,

Yes, swagger the nut-strewn roads,
Crouch in the fo’c’sle
Stubbly with goodness, if
It weren’t so artificial,
Such a deliberate step backwards
To create an object:
Books; china; a life
Reprehensibly perfect.

Philip Larkin

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

I so admire your strength, sense of adventure, faith in theWay, and willingness to put it all out there. I hope it is everything you want it to be. Godspeed & Buen Camino....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You sound euphoric, and we are euphoric for you and with you!

Wide open spaces away! Go seize your little place under the great wide open. I will know you by your huge smile.

Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You sound euphoric, and we are euphoric for you and with you!

Wide open spaces away! Go seize your little place under the great wide open. I will know you by your huge smile.

Buen Camino!
Thank YOU! Buen Camino!

Live from the inside out, brother! Chart your course, day to day, and let the World adjust. Blessings to you in all your endeavors. Be the Authentic Pilgrim that we all want to be.
Thank you much for the good wishes and vibes! Buen Camino!

Stop by in Moratinos and say hello if you pass this way. I did something similar 11 years ago. Best move I ever made.
Wow: that sounds just fantastic, and I will definitely keep that in mind - thank you for the invite! What is your Albergue's Name? Or is it the only one in Moratinos? Thank you again, and I might see you in a month! :)) Buen Camino!

I so admire your strength, sense of adventure, faith in theWay, and willingness to put it all out there. I hope it is everything you want it to be. Godspeed & Buen Camino....
Thank you Stella: the sensation of this upcoming adventure - which comes on top of a complete life change - is quite tingling... We'll see! :) One thing that I have learned on my many prior Caminos is that the Camino always gives us what we need most: the question is, whether we are able to comprehend three intertwined things: why that, why now, and why me?! I am thrilled for what's ahead! Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Buen Camino

Sometimes you hear, fifth-hand,
As epitaph:
He chucked up everything
And just cleared off
And always the voice will sound
Certain you approve
This audacious, purifying,
Elemental move.

And they are right, I think.
We all hate home
And having to be there:
I detest my room,
Its specially-chosen junk,
The good books, the good bed,
And my life, in perfect order:
So to hear it said

He walked out on the whole crowd
Leaves me flushed and stirred,
Like Then she undid her dress
Or Take that you bastard;
Surely I can, if he did?
And that helps me to stay
Sober and industrious.
But I’d go today,

Yes, swagger the nut-strewn roads,
Crouch in the fo’c’sle
Stubbly with goodness, if
It weren’t so artificial,
Such a deliberate step backwards
To create an object:
Books; china; a life
Reprehensibly perfect.

Philip Larkin
Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Hurry!
Its all around the bend..just there
You will see that and so much more!

And as you let go?
More and more will rush in to take its place..and you will fill..yet never bursting
Drink in all as ever thirsting
You will fill
Or so you think
That glorious wanderlust and longing for..Next...

You will need no compass,pen nor paper
Maps to read under waxen taper

Your heart will follow mysterious maps written in the soul
Look at your hands..those roadmaps of your life
Mysterious lines and wrinkles and other lives.

Take your life and embrace the who and what you will become
You find..

Some wonderfull nite
You are ALWAYS..becoming

That is
You find all the possibilitys have reset

Buen Camino
Thank you so much William for this share! Buen Camino!

It takes guts to do what you are set out to do. I wish you all the best and a Buen Camino!

Buenos Camino...
My husband and I will start our 1st Camino around the 5th 6th September and like you fully hope to walk it all..We are so excited!!
All the very best to you on your journey and I hope we get the chance to say Hello

It takes guts to do what you are set out to do. I wish you all the best and a Buen Camino!
Thank you so much for your encouragement!!! :) Buen Camino!

Buenos Camino...
My husband and I will start our 1st Camino around the 5th 6th September and like you fully hope to walk it all..We are so excited!!
All the very best to you on your journey and I hope we get the chance to say Hello
That's awesome: all the best wishes to you two! Perhaps our paths will cross - that would be wonderful!!! Buen Camino!

Such an important and precious life gift you have given your daughter. Beautiful photos. Wishing you Buen Camino as you move forward with your journey!

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Wow: that sounds just fantastic, and I will definitely keep that in mind - thank you for the invite! What is your Albergue's Name? Or is it the only one in Moratinos? Thank you again, and I might see you in a month! :)) Buen Camino!

It's not an albergue. It's just a couple of rooms in my house. There are two albergues in town besides, but we were first!
Just ask anyone for Rebekah's house. Only 22 people live here, so we all know one another.

Such an important and precious life gift you have given your daughter. Beautiful photos. Wishing you Buen Camino as you move forward with your journey!
Thank YOU sooo very much! Will do my best! :) Buen Camino!

It's not an albergue. It's just a couple of rooms in my house. There are two albergues in town besides, but we were first!
Just ask anyone for Rebekah's house. Only 22 people live here, so we all know one another.
Thank you so much again, Rebekah, for this info and for your invite - I'll definitely be keeping that in mind! :) Buen Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So, it's official now: I'll be heading out of Saint Jean on September 15th. Leaving USofA (for good) in a week, making a brief stop in Germany to get some stuff for the trail, and there we go with the new Chapter!

I've really appreciated all the good vibes, energy and wishes - thank you, Friends: it really means a lot! Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.