• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Video A walk through Santiago earlier today (Jan 12th 2021)

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Year of past OR future Camino
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Nice, but... Uhmm, not sure if this virtual walk through Rua do Franco/Vilar and on is helpful: I am getting travel urge....

At least you don't have snow. Me neither, in Arctic Tromsø!

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Galicia!
I have seen it as quiet as this when going into the Pilgrim Office on the early shift but oh, this is so sad.

FourSeasons

CF Sept/Oct 2013
CF April/May 2016
del Norte (July/August 2019)
Thank you so much. (Heavy Sigh) 🥰 I know those streets well. The buzz from the square, the gelato, the churros and hot cocoa and so, so much more. I’m sure we can’t wait for the hustle and bustle of Santiago de Compostela to return. August 2019.
3D1E81D3-E3B7-4815-A08C-1D343E6C15B6.jpeg

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
It’s so beautiful... and I despair for all the shop owners, the cafe and restaurant owners. Many places appear papered over in ways that here at home indicate they simply aren’t coming back....
Breaks my heart.
May better weather and efficient vaccination and the extension of the holy year restore the “Camino bubble” economy...
Not for my sake.... but for the sake of those who live there and rely on what it says as you walk into SdC:
The the Camino is the backbone of Europe.

Kev

Camino Frances Sept-Oct 2015
Camino Portuguese Sept-Oct 2018
Camino Portuguese Oct 2020
When the holiday lights are lit, I bet it is a very beautiful scene to walk thru.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Way Markers

Margaret Butterworth

2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
I used to look regularly at the webcams in O'Cebreiro and Santiago, but they don't seem to be working now. Does anyone know why?

Breda Timmins

I plan to walk from Sarria to Santiago in September/October (2018)
Thank you Ivar. Lovely, though sad to see how things are just now.

Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

trevorcc

SJPD to Santiago 2013,2014, Camino de Levante Sept. 2016, Frances March 2018, planning 2020
Thanks for your lates walk through Santiago, walking past were I stay near the University, but most of all walking past the old pilgrims office takes me back to 2013 after 8 days in hospital walking into it, I never felt so at peace. Thanks again I pray that I may walk there very soon.

KJFSophie

My Way, With Joy !
Camino Frances (2014 & 2015 ),Via San Francesco(2017) Camino Portugese (2018 )Camino Ingles(2019) CF
Thank You Ivar ! It is surreal to see Santiago without all of the pilgrims and bustling about, but what a lovely walk in the familiar ! So few people, but all respectful and keeping safe...the sunshine was an added touch of hope! Thank You, stay well

witsendwv

(2015)
You walked past the Hotel Rua Villar where we stayed before we walked our Camino Portugues in 2018. We saw a rainbow after a storm before we left the next morning for A Garda. I hope we get to return soon to another rainbow to start our way. Thank you for this video.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Way Markers
St Jean-Sahagun'16' Sahagun Santiago Finisterre'18' Portugese'19'
Thankyou Ivar . As we say here in Ireland, ''you put the longing on me!'' It was sad to see so many places all closed up. Hopefully we will all have the 'jab' before years end and can make plans again.

Camino Way Markers
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Latest posts