• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergue de Siete Iglesias de Trabancos: some statistics

moromauro

moromauro
Time of past OR future Camino
Caminho de los Faros, in Galicia
Being alone today in Siete Iglesias de Trabancos (where i arrived too early) and having nothing better to do, i noticed in the sleeproom of the albergue the register of pilgrims who slept here in the past 5 years and half, as this register starts from january 1st, 2012.

...so i began counting how many pilgrims slept here in each year and, for comparison with the current year 2017, how many of them stayed here in the period january 1st - may 29th of every year.

Here are the results...
:-D

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Albergue municipal of Siete Iglesias de Trabancos: numbers of pilgrims sleeping in the hostel:

TOTAL NUMBER OF PILGRIMS / YEAR

2012: 128
2013: 131
2014: 119
2015: 128
2016: 132
2017: (46)*
(*updated on may, 29th)

AMOUNT OF PILGRIMS IN THE PERIOD JANUARY, 1st - MAY, 29th OF EACH YEAR

2012: 40
2013: 47
2014: 40
2015: 60
2016: 59
2017: 46.

Let's take into account that:

- Siete Iglesias the Trabancos it's the endpoint of a "suggested stage" on the Camino de Levante;
- it's also tbe first endpoind AFTER the Levante definitively separates from the Camino del Sureste (they splits in Medina del Campo), so the numbers are lower than in the stages where the two Caminos coincide;
- there are also otber opportunities for accomodation in this village but, as the albergue municipal is very well maintained, it seems that most pilgrims choose to sleep here, unless they are more than 4 (the numbers of places in the albergue).

Any consideration?

P.S.:
i also found the registrations of Laurie ( "Peregrina2000") on may 29th 2013 (exactly 4 years ago!) and of Mr. Alan Sykes on december 8th 2014, that could be the user Alanskyes in this forum!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sounds like the prefect Camino for me ;-) I love solitude when walking ;-) BC SY

As well as mine.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You will also find my name somewhere in March 2015. I was alone that night.

Buen Camino! The vino tinto in Toro awaits you.

Heet je Nel?
(ENG: Are you Nel?)
;-)

In the register there is a Nel from the Netherlands that found it fine to have had the opportunity to sleep here for a night ("Wat fijn dat ik hier een nachtje mocht slapen!").

It was on april 6th and the begin of april could be compatible with your memory.

No dutchmen here in march 2015, instead!
;-)

Me too, on July 9th 2015. But really can't remember if I signed in.
Did you go to a next door restaurant for dinner, @moromauro ? One of the best meals for me on whole Levante. And extremely welcoming owners.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
P.S.:
i also found the registrations of Laurie ( "Peregrina2000") on may 29th 2013 (exactly 4 years ago!) and of Mr. Alan Sykes on december 8th 2014, that could be the user Alanskyes in this forum!
That was me. Very chilly evening, went up to the social centre which was full of friendly people. I had the albergue to myself in December, and I think I was about the 200th person in it that year (2014), but I expect it's busier now. Enjoy Toro and its strong but tasty wine and the unbelievably beautiful portico of the colegiata of Santa María.

Probably not the thread to ask this, so if necessary mods please move it to were it should be.

I was wondering how it came about that two Camino's run so close together. The Levante and the del Sureste, also if anybody could tell me if there is somewhere I can find the history of theses Camino's

thanks
David

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Probably not the thread to ask this, so if necessary mods please move it to were it should be.

I was wondering how it came about that two Camino's run so close together. The Levante and the del Sureste, also if anybody could tell me if there is somewhere I can find the history of theses Camino's

thanks
David
You can find basic info on Levante here:
http://www.vieiragrino.com/camino/camino.asp
and Sureste here:
http://caminodelsureste.es.tl/

Otherwise just google them, there are plenty of info on-line.

thanks
David

That's a question that has perplexed me as well. In the albergue of Larrabetzu before Bilbao a few days ago, the hospitalero was an active member of the Levante Association. It sounds to me like there is a large measure of politics involved, between the big guy Valencia and the smaller city Alicante. What seems clear to an outsiders like me, though, is that these two groups should reach some sort of a joint agreement. Pooling their efforts rather than competing would only be good for all of us. And for the caminos themselves.

Me too, on July 9th 2015. But really can't remember if I signed in.
Did you go to a next door restaurant for dinner, @moromauro ? One of the best meals for me on whole Levante. And extremely welcoming owners.

I knew about that bar but unfortunately it was monday: nust tbe day of the week when the bar is close!
:-(

Thus i had lunch in the restaurant in the gas station just outside the village; later in the afternoon i had a coffee in the bar just downhill the Ayuntamiento and found them very kind as well.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Nee, Nel ben ik niet!

My memory failed me. I just peeked at my credential and it was on April 14, 2015, not March.

It was the very basic albergue in the ayuntamiento right? You get the key to the town hall!

Yes, that Albergue!

It's basic but clean and comfortable and the sleeping room is very spacious, if compared to other albergues i slept in this year.

It's a pity there's not a kitchen, but the rest is good.

Tot ziens!

@moromauro are you Dutch or just handy with Google translate;)?

Just think, wouldn't it have been fun if we all had been there at the same time, instead of each of us alone? It would have been a true forum get-together !

I absolutely loved that little albergue. It was super clean, cleaned daily by the staff of the town hall. More than anything, the fact that the town trusted us with the keys to the town hall was pretty mind-boggling. When I was there, in the days before I had a smart phone, the mayor told the staff to leave the library (on the ground floor) open so we could use the computers. That is pretty crazy.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I absolutely loved that little albergue. It was super clean, cleaned daily by the staff of the town hall. More than anything, the fact that the town trusted us with the keys to the town hall was pretty mind-boggling. When I was there, in the days before I had a smart phone, the mayor told the staff to leave the library (on the ground floor) open so we could use the computers. That is pretty crazy.

Yes, the welcoming in the Ayuntamiento was exceptional to me too and i dearly recommend this little Albergue.

@moromauro are you Dutch or just handy with Google translate?

I'm italian but when i was in my 20's (it was "only" 30 years ago...) i spent 8 months in the Netherlands in order to improve my experience in the cultivation of cutflowers, that was the economic sector where i worked then in Italy, where my family had a farm.

Despite the lessons were in english i had to learn some dutch to communicate with everyone in the farms where i had my workstages.

Now i have unfortunately forgotten almost all my spoken dutch skillls (and also my accent of northern Brabant, having lived the first 2 months in Eindhoven) but, of course, i still can write and read some simple text...

..and i still hold in my best memories that period in which, learning how to grow flowers, i grew up so fast as i had never experienced before.

The bad thing is that most dutchmen use to speak a lot of foreign languages, so it's pretty useless speaking theirs!
:)

Last edited:
I stayed in the albergue at "Seven Churches" as well, and loved it! And I signed the book, one of the few Americans. That said, when I entered into "Seven Churches", I could have stayed at the hostal off the freeway or the hostal closer to the town. So it may be that the albergue doesn't capture everyone coming through (not to mention the occasional ultra-marathoner who just walks through the town.)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.