• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Albergue Ettiquette

heidi1

Currently I am in Triacastela. Very beautiful here! Walking the Camino is nothing short of amazing!

BUT

I think it's time to discuss a few things that could make so many lives easier. Sharing confined spaces is difficult for everyone but I think just a few things to keep in mind for common courtesy might be:

Rattling plastic bags all hours of the day and night or other excessive noise.

Taking care to wash eating/cooking utensils after your have prepared your meal

Coming in drunk, acting belligerent

Fighting/yelling/arguing over available bunks

Early risers bathing in tiger balm or bengay at 430 am

Please feel free to add :)

Buen Camino!ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1398710342.308227.jpg

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Sadly these irritants can become part of the Camino experience and they do test your patience, resilience and resolve. Sure it can really get "up your nose" but I don't know what you can really do about it except endeavour to walk a little further or less so that you leave behind the offending party/parties (people). I am a very patient meanderer but even I get fed up with some of it and what I did at one point of my journey was to stay at a Casa rural and I felt refreshed physically and mentally. Or take time out and stay at a hotel for a night. Its a journey and you can reward yourself by looking at other alternatives that will ease, in part, the annoyances.

I learnt along the Camino a lot about myself and that there are a lot of things I can't change and there are also many that I can. Perhaps thank a few of those you travel along with for being courteous and doing the right thing, and forget, put aside the thorns in your side.
Travel safe. Buen Camino.

If talking loudly on your cell phone, playing music in your headphones so loud that everyone else is forced to listen to it, singing out loud while others are sleeping, and repeatedly expressing your far right/left wing political views are "other excessive noise" then I don't have much to add.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I was never bothered by ayone making noise or getting up early. I did not alwys get the WHY of it, but still...it is what it is.
I guess if it annoys you in one albergue, it will probably annoy you in any albergue, 'cause there are always people getting up early and making noise, shining lights ect....
I've also never seen anybody "fighting" over a bed before.

Oh, come to think of it, i was annoyed ONCE by early risers (05:00) and noisemakers, but this was in a normal YHA in Pamplona. not an albergue. Lights on, lights off, in the room, out of the room, lights on, lights off ect ect ect..... Had to sleep there, all the albergues were full :(

We're in the process of preparing for our parish retreat and in reviewing one of the presentations I "noticed the phrase, ". . if you want to see God, sometimes you have to sit in the smoking section!" I suspect that applies to those of us walking the Camino and staying in albergues!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ah, the joys of communal living.
Overall I never really had any problem sleeping in any of the albergues despite early risers, snoring, etc. It's all part of the experience. If you have never experienced communal living before in your life, I could see where there would be some culture shock, especially for the older crowd who have never done it. You just have to take it all in stride. Besides, it's only for about 30-35 days of your life for the most part, and the good far outweighs the bad.
I only really had one semi-rude experience which effected me on the Camino. It was during the last 100 km when there are a lot more people staying in the albergues. I had checked in my albergue and it was one that did not assign beds. I found a lower bunk, and put my pack at the foot of it and then put my small fleece blanket on top of the mattress. I went out to get something to eat and when I returned a couple of hours later I saw that someone had pushed my pack off to the side, removed my blanket and had placed a dirt/dust covered bicycle pack/pannier on the bed. Not one to be bullied, I removed said bicycle pannier, wiped the dust off the bed and replaced my stuff and laid down for a siesta. A short time later the guy came back, stood there and stared at me, I smiled at him and he quietly picked-up his stuff and found a top bunk.

Not one to be bullied, I removed said bicycle pannier, wiped the dust off the bed and replaced my stuff and laid down for a siesta. A short time later the guy came back, stood there and stared at me, I smiled at him and he quietly picked-up his stuff and found a top bunk.

As KC & The sunshine band would sing... Thats the way uh-uh, uh-hu, i like it, uh-hu, uh-hu

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Other than snoring, which is hard to modify but can be defeated by the "Non-Hearing Aids", all the rest of the irritants described are behavioral.
Unless confronted by Invincible Ignorance, most behaviors can be modified with a kind word.

I must say my supply of gel ear plugs have been essential on this Camino. Absolutely stunning. Heard nothing all night.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
One of the things I learned on the Camino was tolerance. However, there was one instance in an alburgue that tested my resolve when a fellow pilgrim rose at 5:00 and turned on all the lights and loudly repacked everything, shuffling plastic bags, etc. Many of us were just getting back to sleep because this particular individual kept us up for most of the night with his industrial-grade snoring -- earplugs withered at the sound of his snorts and babbles all night. But remember, we all have little habits and foibles that irritate those around us, so we have to be careful not to cast the first stone.

It happens. I stayed in Najera municipal. It was soooo hot with 90 people in one room that was way too small and all the bunks directly placed together side to side and head to toe, that i decided to sleep on the wooden benches in the communal area. Another couple had the same idea. They were sleeping on the floor in their sleeping bags, except they weren't sleeping hahaha. Apparently it did not bother them that i went to sleep on 2 wooden benches placed together, 'cause they just continued NOT sleeping :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It happens. I stayed in Najera municipal. It was soooo hot with 90 people in one room that was way too small and all the bunks directly placed together side to side and head to toe, that i decided to sleep on the wooden benches in the communal area. Another couple had the same idea. They were sleeping on the floor in their sleeping bags, except they weren't sleeping hahaha. Apparently it did not bother them that i went to sleep on 2 wooden benches placed together, 'cause they just continued NOT sleeping :)

I also stayed in the Najera municipal albergue last September; I think it was the hottest and most crowded albergue I experienced on that segment of the Camino. The bathroom facilities were also meager for the amount of people staying there. As to peregrino behavior, I can't say I experienced anybody acting up in any of the "interesting" fashion some of you have experienced.

Right there in the albergue? Where everyone else is sleeping? o_O
ha ha

It was in the albergue in the bar called Buenavista or Boavista or something. The floor is subdivided into 6 bunk cells, someone in one of the other cells. What the other 4 people were doing I dont know.

Once, after my neighbours at home had loudly, ahem, finished I gave them a round of applause. Never heard a sound after that :)

It was in the albergue in the bar called Buenavista or Boavista or something. The floor is subdivided into 6 bunk cells, someone in one of the other cells. What the other 4 people were doing I dont know.

Once, after my neighbours at home had loudly, ahem, finished I gave them a round of applause. Never heard a sound after that :)
:D That's some cool response!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I thought it was my worst albergue experience......but it also made it my funniest :)

But seriously, why do the bunks have to be placed so close together? There was not even 1 cm of space in between the bed. Its like sleeping in a double bed with a complete stranger. Not bad if she is atractive, but the loud snoring gentleman next to me just wasn't my type
And not only was there not one centimeter between your neighbour, but the bunks were also placed so that your head were just a few cm away from the feet of the person infront of you. 'Cause there also was no room inbetween the front and back of the beds. Nobody should have to put his head to rest nexto pilgrims feet.
Only if you had a bunk against the wall, but not in the middle.

A camino family member could not find a bed in Najera and she had to stay in the gym near the centro de salud. She had it much much better. Tons of space.... :) she wasnt jealous at all.

Young love (or lust). Ain't it grand.....
I couldn't have gotten mad at them because that would have been throwing stones in a glass house. I was a younger lad once, and had adventurous girlfriends before. :D

In another thread, someone commented that their friend referred to Albergues as 'Animal Sheds' ! LOL.

I have no inclination to experience them thanks :)

(Before you ask, I do have a variety of personal reasons for avoiding them).

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If, on the off chance, you end up in a situation where you have no choice in the matter, I suspect you'll find it's generally not nearly so bad as these threads make things sound. About 90% of my albergue experiences were fine. Only one night was there very bad snoring. Only one night was there drunken behavior. Only one night was there too much bag rustling. The other 37 nights were just fine.

In another thread, someone commented that their friend referred to Albergues as 'Animal Sheds' ! LOL.

I have no inclination to experience them thanks :)

(Before you ask, I do have a variety of personal reasons for avoiding them).

Honestly, overall they are really not that bad, especially if you stay in the private albergues. Nonetheless there are plenty of nice hotels, pension houses and hostels offering private rooms along the Way. I stayed several nights in private rooms and it was a nice break from the albergues.

Honestly, overall they are really not that bad, especially if you stay in the private albergues. Nonetheless there are plenty of nice hotels, pension houses and hostels offering private rooms along the Way. I stayed several nights in private rooms and it was a nice break from the albergues.

I suspect we will end up in one or two where there is no other choice. But I guess I've had my fill of communal living over the years and now cherish my privacy.

I cant say that all municipal ones are bad, nor that al private ones are good. I really liked some municipals. Mostly the big modern ones, but i guess thats a matter of taste.

Most private albergues are really nice, if not in accomodation, then in attention and care you receive from the hospitaleros, but there are also some where it is pretty obvious that the owners are more interested in the (little bit of) money they get from the pilgrims, then the people staying their. This is nothing strange, it just shows that the camino is just like the "real world", on all fronts.

Albergues are a part of the camino and they all have their own charm.

When I'm walking by myself I usually stay in albergues or gites, when I'm walking with my spouse it's now Chambre d'hôtes, casa rurals, or hotels. It used not be. I remember arriving in Melide with him, we walked into the albergue (there was only one in those days). He did a sort of circuit of the cheek by jowls bunks and turned on his heel and walked out, gently steaming and muttering "no, no, no.". I knew it was time to get a hotel room.....

A selection of Camino Jewellery
As a member of the " older crowd" - No I don't feel patronised,Mark Lee, but you need to get out more more!- you pay
Your donation and you take your choice.
Wax ear plugs can be v. Helpful as making an early start; Yes to experiencing snoring, never experienced disputes over bunks.
Drunkeness, whistling, rattling bags "Universal Moronism" - Facts of Albergues as life.

Not sure Inagree it is an essential part of the Caminho experience - it is a pain!

Remember:- The older generation thought nothing of getting up at 05.00, every morning;
and the younger generation doesn't think much of it either!

I never had a problem. I think it's your attitude and not others' behaviour what makes the difference. I tried not to bother anyone and decided no one was going to bother me and it worked like a charm. The most beautiful experience in my life.

As a member of the " older crowd" - No I don't feel patronised,Mark Lee,
... snip ...
Remember:- The older generation thought nothing of getting up at 05.00, every morning;
and the younger generation doesn't think much of it either!
I have been taking @Mark Lee's older crowd comments with a small pinch of salt - I don't think he is any spring chicken himself!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have been taking @Mark Lee's older crowd comments with a small pinch of salt - I don't think he is any spring chicken himself!

At 53 years old I'm not a young buck anymore and know it. Although at times I push the envelope and end up with sore muscles and taking lots of aspirin. :cool:

I've been around the block a few times, ha ha. ;)

During 9 caminos more than 400 nights have been spent in pilgrim albergues; often I am alone since I generally walk in late autumn/winter. However 2004 in Viana mid October the municipal albergue was VERY crowded; all the bunks in those famous triple tiers were taken. Luckily I had found one on the bottom level. The dorm resembled movie scenes of a tightly packed WWII troop ship! Since some young amorous pilgrim couples were “très sportif" those upper bunks kept swaying back and forth throughout the night; the troops had arrived.

MM

Since some young amorous pilgrim couples were “très sportif" those upper bunks kept swaying back and forth throughout the night; the troops had arrived.

MM

Always puzzles me when couples make the Camino their honeymoon. It's about love, but I thought in the sense of "caritas" not "carnal"....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I find all of these experiences you guys have had delightful, not horrific. I'm taking my ear plugs and my blinder and I will be right as rain. The only thing that will raise my hackles will be people complaining. If you're complaining about the amenities on your pilgrimage to this saucy youth, expect a fair amount of blunt honesty. Age does not earn my respect , a respect of the world (and the lessons it can teach you) earns my respect. If you whine like a toddler I might just whack you with a spoon. I also promise you will not find me engaging in horizontal tangos. I may clap or serenade for those who do though, lol.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
As we're on the subject of Albergues etc; does anyone think the hospitalaro would take offence if I covered the bed with polythene (the non rustling kind) to guard against bed bugs.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
As we're on the subject of Albergues etc; does anyone think the hospitalaro would take offence if I covered the bed with polythene (the non rustling kind) to guard against bed bugs.

That's a rather tame change of pace on this thread after previous replies of others witnessing lustful young peregrinos and such, ha ha. :D

No, I don't the people managing the albergues really mind or would even notice your putting a polythene cover on the bed.

I'm looking forward to the challenge of communal living. I'm hyper-vigilant, startle easily, have trust issues, and wake to the softest coo of a baby. I haven't always been this way and want to change. I can't think of better re-training grounds.

I think you have to develop a zen attitude towards communal living and just let it be. Bring earplugs (and an eye mask if you're bothered by light), and accept the noise as part of the experience.

I was only bothered by a few people during my camino: one who tossed and turned *non-stop* on the top bunk, those who left the communal kitchen a mess, and those who complained too much about the amenities.

I was also bothered on behalf of snorers when people went on and on about them in the morning. No one snores on purpose. Why try to shame people for something that they can't control? I left Canada with 8 pairs of earplugs. I gave 6 pairs away to vocal complainers, and kept 2 pairs for myself. If I ever walk another camino, I plan on bringing even more extra pairs!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

I think they'd be delighted.

I'm looking forward to the challenge of communal living. I'm hyper-vigilant, startle easily, have trust issues, and wake to the softest coo of a baby. I haven't always been this way and want to change. I can't think of better re-training grounds.

Christine, you poor thing. Reminds me of the story of The Princess and the Pea. Hope the Camino works. You'll be pretty knackered when you stop walking each day and it's very tempting to sleep. Which, of course, then makes it harder to sleep at night.

One night in Acebo a guy slept on one of those made of aluminum foil, it sounded like a thousand rustling plastic shopping bags every time he moved. I commented to someone in the morning the only thing missing from his ensemble was a "tin foil hat!"

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I must say my supply of gel ear plugs have been essential on this Camino. Absolutely stunning. Heard nothing all night.
Gel earplugs...new one on me! Where did you find em? Although after a lifetime of sleeping with a spectacular snorer...I have learned to find sleep almost anywhere! But sometimes those little aids help in getting to the sleep zone faster!

I used a DIY Tyvek 1443R "fabric" sheet (see http://www.materialconcepts.com/products/tyvek/soft-structure/, and available at some fabric shops that cater to the ultralight DIY community). I treated the bottom with permethrin as well as the outer sides (leaving the top area on which I slept free of the permethrin to minimize absorption by my body). It is lighter than cotton, with good water resistance, and is quieter than most sleeping bags.

I put a total of six gromets in the corners and at the midpoint on the short sides of the sheet, which allowed the sheet to be pitched as a tarp with walking poles in case I had to "go to ground" in adverse weather. I also carried a very light set of six titanium stakes and guy lines, which, when added to the weight of the Tyvek, was roughly the same as a cotton bed sheet. In better weather, it would also work great as a sit pad, ground cloth, makeshift "burrito wrap" bivvy, etc.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
One night in Acebo a guy slept on one of those made of aluminum foil, it sounded like a thousand rustling plastic shopping bags every time he moved. I commented to someone in the morning the only thing missing from his ensemble was a "tin foil hat!"
That might be my uncle Pete, who is a self-described "old hippy just trying to adjust . . . and failing miserably."

It might be an idea for the credencial issuing bodies to consider inserting a page regarding the most serious issues of Camino etiquette. e.g. coming in drunk, don't claim jump bunks, observe lights on/off times, no sex in the dorms (who ever thought we'd come to that!), respect the rules of each individual albergue. I suggest this because, although I have never set a foot on the Camino, everyday living tells me that there are good people out there who annoy the hell out of others and are entirely oblivious. Maybe they just need to have the major causes brought to their attention?

I used a DIY Tyvek 1443R "fabric" sheet (see http://www.materialconcepts.com/products/tyvek/soft-structure/, and available at some fabric shops that cater to the ultralight DIY community). I treated the bottom with permethrin as well as the outer sides (leaving the top area on which I slept free of the permethrin to minimize absorption by my body). It is lighter than cotton, with good water resistance, and is quieter than most sleeping bags.

I put a total of six gromets in the corners and at the midpoint on the short sides of the sheet, which allowed the sheet to be pitched as a tarp with walking poles in case I had to "go to ground" in adverse weather. I also carried a very light set of six titanium stakes and guy lines, which, when added to the weight of the Tyvek, was roughly the same as a cotton bed sheet. In better weather, it would also work great as a sit pad, ground cloth, makeshift "burrito wrap" bivvy, etc.

Sounds interesting. Did you ever end up using it as a shelter?

It might be an idea for the credencial issuing bodies to consider inserting a page regarding the most serious issues of Camino etiquette. e.g. coming in drunk, don't claim jump bunks, observe lights on/off times, no sex in the dorms (who ever thought we'd come to that!), respect the rules of each individual albergue. I suggest this because, although I have never set a foot on the Camino, everyday living tells me that there are good people out there who annoy the hell out of others and are entirely oblivious. Maybe they just need to have the major causes brought to their attention?

The Canadian Company of Pilgrims credencial doesn't go into that level of detail, but it does tell its holders that they are: "expected to keep them (the albergues) clean, to keep the peace, to respect other pilgrims, to contribute to their (the albergues) upkeep and survival by contributing as generously as you can in return for the hospitality you are receiving. ... The credential is issued with the understanding that it can be withdrawn by hospitaleros or other officials at any point along the Way from persons who do not honour these conditions or respect the spirit of Communitas that is the Camino."

Koi:
Make sure you tell folks to wash the tyvek in a washing machine before they go. It makes it softer and takes out much of the shopping bag sound it normally has. But it does not affect it's water resistance.

Rambler

Koi:
Make sure you tell folks to wash the tyvek in a washing machine before they go. It makes it softer and takes out much of the shopping bag sound it normally has. But it does not affect it's water resistance.

Rambler
Good point. I typically wash new tyvek twice to soften it. Only after that will apply the permethrin.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sounds interesting. Did you ever end up using it as a shelter?
No, but I contemplated it several times on the day we crossed the Route Napoleon. There were patches of thick fog and freezing rain. We could manage the rain so long as we kept moving, but would have needed shelter if we stopped, which would have been prudent had the fog thickened worse, especially since we had never walked the route before and had 100% dependence on the trail markers.

Ah, the joys of communal living.
Overall I never really had any problem sleeping in any of the albergues despite early risers, snoring, etc. It's all part of the experience. If you have never experienced communal living before in your life, I could see where there would be some culture shock, especially for the older crowd who have never done it. You just have to take it all in stride. Besides, it's only for about 30-35 days of your life for the most part, and the good far outweighs the bad.
I only really had one semi-rude experience which effected me on the Camino. It was during the last 100 km when there are a lot more people staying in the albergues. I had checked in my albergue and it was one that did not assign beds. I found a lower bunk, and put my pack at the foot of it and then put my small fleece blanket on top of the mattress. I went out to get something to eat and when I returned a couple of hours later I saw that someone had pushed my pack off to the side, removed my blanket and had placed a dirt/dust covered bicycle pack/pannier on the bed. Not one to be bullied, I removed said bicycle pannier, wiped the dust off the bed and replaced my stuff and laid down for a siesta. A short time later the guy came back, stood there and stared at me, I smiled at him and he quietly picked-up his stuff and found a top bunk.
Nice one mark and agree with your comments its only 30-35 days and if you can get past other peoples discretion's then you will be fine i usually went to bed about 10.30pm and up again at 6.00am earplugs hoodie on my mummy sleeping bag over the head and no water exhumed after 19.00pm usually had a good nights sleep.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I'm only concerned about the public, um, romance as I'm traveling with a child. I suppose I should practice, "keep it going and you'll have one (child) too" in several languages. The rest will be a life lesson in tolerance for us both, I hope.

Nudity is not illegal in Spain except around children and mental incompetants. Indecent behavior is illegal. Sex in public is indecent behavior and is illegal. It really is not a judgement issue. If the perpetrators think they have a case, I suggest they invite the Guardia Civil to be witness to find out. They don't, so I suspect they know the probable outcome. It is a matter of what they think they can get away with, not what is right.;)

Always puzzles me when couples make the Camino their honeymoon. It's about love, but I thought in the sense of "caritas" not "carnal"....

Robert and I totally agree with everyone's thoughts on sex in a public place with other people (including children) around. Though newly married and walking the camino for our honeymoon, Robert is 60 and I'm 58. Our honeymoon was very much a platonic affair except the nights we alternated with a hotel. :)

An additional but off-topic comment: whilst walking the Camino, I found that Robert preferred to trail far behind me. I frequently heard comments about my "leaving him" but he preferred to walk his own pace and have me walk mine. I guess it's that everyone walks their own camino. I stopped at many of the cathedrals whereas Robert preferred to wait at the bottom of the mountain someplace. But we both fell in love with Spain and I had an opportunity to have many conversations with God whilst walking alone.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Gel earplugs...new one on me! Where did you find em? Although after a lifetime of sleeping with a spectacular snorer...I have learned to find sleep almost anywhere! But sometimes those little aids help in getting to the sleep zone faster!
Mack's silicone earplugs are hypoallergenic, moldable, and very excellent at drowning out snorers. They are in regular drugstores here, also online. One round piece is good for two ears - just pull it apart like gel taffy.

Just finished in Sept. 2014. Terrific, in every respect, with the real "Kudos" to the Spanish people. Don't think that too many of their relatives migrated to the US.....our loss!
My experience.....Started my Camino Frances back in May, tweaked my back coming down to Roncevalles, made it to Logrono but had to abandon there as back continued to get worse. Returned to Logrono on September 1 and made it to Santiago. The back responded to a little rest with no recurrence!
I really didn't enjoy my Albergue experiences first time around ( for many of the reasons cited above ) so I determined to minimize the communal sleeping arrangements on my return....More expensive, too be sure, but "Habitationes " of one sort or another, are available just about anywhere. Only 7 nights in Albergues, some lovely, some sucked.......always comes back to the people! The rest of the time, I stayed in Casa Rurals/Pensiones,etc. They were typically about twice the price of the dorm but they fit into my budget and I really did enjoy MY room! I probably lost a little something regarding the shared experience of communal living ( joint meals, interesting fellow trekkers, etc ) but what I gained more than offset any losses. I realize that not everyone can afford this alternative but, if you can.......
BTW, I heard a lot of people talking about "chinchas" but only met one person who had actually been bitten by the little Bas***ds.....and she said it happened in a hotel in Madrid on the way there!!!! I did spray all my equipment ( except what contacted my skin ) with premethrin (?) ...seemed like an intelligent precaution.
I am not much of a social animal, preferring my own company, but I would like to say that I was incredibly lucky that not everyone suffers from the same malady. some of the nicest folks.... ( German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, South African, Korean, Polish, Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, Irish...even American ) --I probably missed a few! .......made a point to pull me into their Camino experience and it made my own stroll that much more enjoyable because of it. Thanks, Folks!

"Go, Play!...if you are thinking about it.
Now I understand why you Camino "returners" keep coming back......if only the rest of life were that enjoyable...Buen Camino !!!!

Currently I am in Triacastela. Very beautiful here! Walking the Camino is nothing short of amazing!

BUT

I think it's time to discuss a few things that could make so many lives easier. Sharing confined spaces is difficult for everyone but I think just a few things to keep in mind for common courtesy might be:

Rattling plastic bags all hours of the day and night or other excessive noise.

Taking care to wash eating/cooking utensils after your have prepared your meal

Coming in drunk, acting belligerent

Fighting/yelling/arguing over available bunks

Early risers bathing in tiger balm or bengay at 430 am

Please feel free to add :)

Buen Camino!View attachment 9395

I know this is a bit dated, your picture looks like the Ponfria alberge.

"Viva Cristo Rey!!"
DHS

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.