• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Albergues- open all year round???

Orla Joyce

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked Sarria to Santiago in 17, now hope to walk the rest of the caminos over the next few years
Hi All,
We are starting the next stage of our Camino Frances on 2nd April next. Can anyone tell me if all albergues are open and running in April. Our 1st time staying in hostels, always been hotels. Becoming more adventurous in our old age. Lol
Just want to make sure there are a few decent ones for us to choose from. Walking ftom Logrono to Burgos this year.
Also can anyone tell me if it is a nice walk out of Logrono? Bigger towns don't always have the most scenic entry's and exits.
Thanks loads
Orla

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Easter is April 21. Many albergues open Holy Week, so it will be mixed.

I think all the walks out of cities are at least tolerable. Logrono leaves through a very nice park into vineyards (then next to the autopista with the stick crosses in the chain link fence, a classic. Burgos goes through a city park. Leon passes "Hobbit houses" then behind the industrial area. Pamplona through the university area, then up a nice hill. etc.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I hate the way out of Logrono but loads of accomadation in april buen camino

I have a question about whether business owners are tired of the crowds by October. I loved walking in April along the Francés and am just thinking about what the mood is like late in the season

Hi All,
We are starting the next stage of our Camino Frances on 2nd April next. Can anyone tell me if all albergues are open and running in April. Our 1st time staying in hostels, always been hotels. Becoming more adventurous in our old age. Lol
Just want to make sure there are a few decent ones for us to choose from. Walking ftom Logrono to Burgos this year.
Also can anyone tell me if it is a nice walk out of Logrono? Bigger towns don't always have the most scenic entry's and exits.
Thanks loads
Orla

Attachments

• 88865EBD-FEE7-40F9-AB2D-1B6277C25168.jpeg
    88865EBD-FEE7-40F9-AB2D-1B6277C25168.jpeg
    813.1 KB · Views: 13
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
There will be plenty of albergues open in April. However, if you are relying on the only albergue in a small village in-between popular stages, it is best to check early in the day or the day before. Even if the albergue is on the "all-year" list, sometimes unexpected closures happen - family illness, bedbug extermination, plumbing repairs, etc.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi All,
Thanks loads
Orla
Walked from Pamplona to Castrojeriz late March a few years ago just before Easter. Apart from Lorca, all albergues were open. Walked this year first two weeks of April just after Easter and once again all open

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Really? What's to hate on that section? A nice park, a lake..........
@Robo
I have walked out of Logrono twice and especially the second time it seemed tediously long, in spite of the pleasant scenery. It was very crowded, obviously a public park enjoyed by a mass of local people. I guess it was a weekend. I just kept wanting to get away from the crowds, and they all seemed determined to not stop walking. It seemed a long way before I had enough personal space to be able to relax into my walk. Not to criticize either the scenery or my many companions: this was just my experience.

Hi All,
Thanks loads
Orla

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
CAMINO FRANCES
LEON - COMPOSTELA (13 stages)

What you do not understand is in Romanian. I hope you can translate.

"Deep in December
It's nice to remember
Although you know
The snow will follow
Deep in December
It's nice to remember
The fire of September
That made us mellow
So, follow ... follow" ... El Camino

As we all know, here are two variants: por el camino histórico : (A) and por villar de mazarife (B). ("leon - villar de mazarife" - at the exit from virgen del camino we have to choose between the historic road, villadangos del paramo, or the villar de mazarife variant, with 4.2 km more. In the gronze, we think it is better to opt for the villar de mazarife, because it takes us away from the national highway and the residential and industrial areas. The stage, along the historic path, has a first urban sprawl and then runs alongside the n-120 national with almost any inequality. ")

ALBERGUES OPEN THE WHOLE YEAR

A. BY VILLADANGOS DEL PÁRAMO
1A. Leon -
- Albergue del convento de las carbajalas - Dirección: Pl. Santa María del Camino,3 - Teléfono: +34 680 649 289 - (Céntrico, a 300 m de la catedral) - DESCHIS TOT TIMPUL ANULUI (IARNA ESTE CONVENABIL DE A APELA) - 134 locuri în 4 dormitoare, 5 euro. Cazare de caracter religios. În capela hostelului se servește o masă (7:00 p.m.), iar seara (9:30 p.m.) se completează cu binecuvântarea Pelerinului. Bărbații și femeile dorm în camere diferite.
2A. San Martín del Camino -
- Albergue Vieira RECOMANDAT! - Dirección: Av. Peregrinos, s/n - Localización:
A la entrada, a pie de camino- Teléfono: +34 987 378 565/+34 620 671 864 - 36 locuri, 8 euro.
- Albergue de peregrinos de San Martín del Camino - Dirección: Ctra. de Astorga, s/n - Teléfono: +34 676 020 388 - Localización: Céntrico; junto al depósito de agua - 46 locuri, 2 dormitoare, 5 euro.
Desayuno donativo.

VARIANTA B. PRIN VILLAR DE MAZARIFE

1B. Villar de Mazarife -
- Albergue de Jesús - RECOMANDAT! - Dirección: C. Corujo, 11 - Teléfono: +34 987 390 697/+34 686 053 390 - 50 locuri, în dormitoare între 2 și 10 locuri, 7 euro.

3A-B. Astorga -
- Albergue de peregrinos Siervas de María - Dirección: Pl. San Francisco, 3 -Teléfono: +34 987 616 034/+34 618 271 773 - Hora de apertura: 11:00 vara / 13:00 resto del año - 156 locuri, în dormitoare cu 2-12 locuri, 5 euro.
4. Foncebadón -
- Albergue Monte Irago - Dirección: C. Real, s/n - Teléfono: +34 695 452 950 - 35 locuri, în 2 dormitoare, 8 euro.
:D
- Albergue La Cruz de Fierro - (DACĂ SE POATE, DE EVITAT!) Disponibilidad (meses inclusives): DE MARZO A NOVIEMBRE (RESTO DEL AÑO BAJO RESERVA) - Dirección: C. Real, s/n - Teléfono: +34 628 257 160 - 34 locuri, în 2 dormitoare, 10 euro con desayuno.
5. Ponferrada -
- Albergue parroquial San Nicolás de Flüe - RECOMANDAT! - Deschis
de la orele 13:00 vara și 15:00 iarna - Dirección: C. de la Loma, s/n -Teléfono: +34 987 413 381 - 186 locuri, în 7 dormitoare, DONATIVO!.
6. Villafranca del Bierzo -
- Albergue Ave Fénix - (NU PREA RECOMANDAT!) - Dirección: C. Santiago, 10 - Teléfono: +34 987 542 655 - Hora de apertura: 13:30 vara / 14:00 iarna - 80 locuri, în 5 dormitoare, 6 euro.
- Albergue-Hospedería San Nicolás El Real - Dirección: Trav. de San Nicolás, 4- Teléfono: +34 696 978 653/+34 620 329 386 - DESCHIS TOT TIMPUL ANULUI (IARNA ESTE CONVENABIL DE A APELA) - 75 locuri, 5-8 euro la comun, are și cu mai puține paturi, mai scump.
7. O Cebreiro -
- Albergue de peregrinos de O Cebreiro - Dirección: O Cebreiro, s/n - Teléfono: +34 660 396 809 - Hora de apertura:13:00 - 106 locuri, în 2 dormitoare.
- Albergue Casa Campelo - Dirección: O Cebreiro, s/n - Teléfono: +34 679 678 458/+34 982 179 317 - Hora de apertura: 12:00 - 10 locuri, un dormitor.
8. Triacastela -
- Albergue de peregrinos de Triacastela - Dirección: Rúa do Peregrino, s/n - Teléfono: +34 982 548 087/+34 660 396 811 - LOCUL DE AMPLASARE: LA INTRARE, PE STÂNGA - Hora de apertura:13:00 - 56 locuri, în dormitoare de 4 locuri, 6 euro.
- Albergue Refugio del Oribio - Dirección: Av. de Castilla, 20 - Teléfono: +34 982 548 085/+34 616 774 558 - 27 locuri, în 2 dormitoare, 9 euro .
9. Triacastela - Sarria
" Prin San Xil sau prin Samos? Mare dilemă, pentru că ambele sunt căi de interes maxim. Prin valea San Xil traversăm una dintre cele mai frumoase văi ale întregului Camino frances ; de Samos, o lungime de 7,2 km, traversăm păduri spectaculoase de stejari și castane pe malurile râului Oribio (sau Sarria), care ne dau vizita la mănăstirea extraordinară Samos. Doresc ca toate deciziile din viață să fie așa: atât pentru San Xil, cât și pentru Samos ... vom reuși!"

Triacastela - Sarria (por San Xil) - iarna, de la 600 metri la aproape 900 ...

-Triacastela - Sarria (por Samos) - cred că e mai bună varianta asta, pentru iarnă!

DACĂ VREI SĂ RĂMÂI ÎN SAMOS -

- Albergue del Monasterio de Samos - Dirección: C. Monasterio de Samos, 1 - Teléfono: +34 982 546 046 - Hora de apertura: Entre las 14:00 y las 16:00 - 66 locuri, un dormitor, DONATIVO.

10. Sarria -

- Albergue de peregrinos de Sarria - Dirección: Rúa Maior, 79 - Teléfono: +34 660 396 813 - Localización: Céntrico - Hora de apertura: 13:00 - 40 de locuri, un dormitor, 6 euro.

- Albergue Don Álvaro - MAI RECOMANDAT DECÂT CEL DE MAI SUS! - Dirección: Rúa Maior, 10 - Teléfono: +34 982 531 592/+34 686 468 803 - Hora de apertura: 12:00 - 40 de locuri, în 4 dormitoare (între 8 și 14 locuri în dormitor), 9 euro.

11. Portomarín -

- Albergue de peregrinos de Portomarín - Dirección: C. Fraga Iribarne, s/n - Teléfono: +34 660 396 816 - Hora de apertura: 13:00 - 80 locuri, în 6 dormitoare, între 6 și 30 locuri, 6 euro.

- Albergue Casa Cruz - Dirección: C. Benigno Quiroga, 16 - Teléfono: +34 982 545 140/+34 652 204 548 - 16 locuri, un dormitor, 10 euro.

12. Palas de Rei -

NU AICI - Albergue de peregrinos de Palas de Rei!!

- Albergue de peregrinos Os Chacotes - Dirección: C. As Lagartas, s/n - Teléfono: +34 607 481 536 - Localización: A PIE DE CAMINO, 1 KM ANTES DEL CENTRO DE PALAS DE REI - Hora de apertura: 13:00 - 112 locuri, în 3 dormitoare, 6 euro.

- Albergue Castro - Dirección: Av. de Ourense, 24 - Teléfono: +34 982 380 321/+34 609 080 655 - Hora de apertura: 10:00 - 56 locuri în 9 dormitoare, de 4-6 locuri, 10 euro - Bar-Restaurante - Menú menú 10 euros (poftă mare!)

13. Arzúa -

- Albergue de peregrinos de Arzúa - Dirección: C. Cima do Lugar, 6 - Teléfono: +34 660 396 824/+34 981 500 455 - Hora de apertura:13:00 - 56 locuri, un dormitor, 6 euro (are 10 aprecieri pozitive, niciuna negativă!)

- Albergue Vía Lactea - Dirección: C. Xosé Neira Vilas, 26 - Teléfono: +34 981 500 581/+34 616 759 447 - Localización: A 250 m del centro y del camino

60 locuri în 5 dormitoare, dormitoare de 12 locuri, 10 euro.

14. O Pedrouzo - SINGURUL CARE FUNCȚIONEAZĂ ȘI IARNA!!

- Albergue de peregrinos de Arca - O Pino - Dirección: Pedrouzo - Central, lângă autostradă - Teléfono: +34 660 396 826 - Hora de apertura: 13:00 - 150 locuri în 4 dormitoare, 6 euro.

15. Santiago de Compostela -

- Residencia de peregrinos San Lázaro - 11 APRECIERI BUNE, NICIUNA REA! - Localización: A la entrada, a 3,3 km de la catedral - Dirección: Rúa da Vesada, 2 - Teléfono: +34 981 571 488 -

80 locuri în 6 dormitoare, de câte 12-16 locuri, 10 euro prima noapte, 7 euro următoarele.

- Albergue Porta Real - Dirección: C. Concheiros, 10 - Teléfono: +34 633 610 114 - "La poalele drumului și la 1,2 km de catedrală" :D - 24 locuri în 6 dormitoare, dormitoare de 2 și 4 locuri - 10-20 euro! "PENTRU CĂ MERIȚI" :D

"THIS IS IT!"

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back