• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Andorra/Bayonne to SJPDP

WGroleau

Wandering Weirdo aka 伟思礼
Time of past OR future Camino
2015–2018 (partial)
Rome2Rio tells me that to go from Andorra to St. Jean, I should take three buses: Andorra to Toulouse, Toulouse to Bayonne, and Bayonne to St. Jean.

The first two were easy, but for Bayonne to St. Jean, they mention both Conda and Alsa. Conda's website redirects me to Alsa, but Alsa does not seem to know anything about St. Jean or Saint Jean or San Juan.

Suggestions for getting to SJPDP from Bayonne or Toulouse or Andorra?

Or if I skip the Pyrenees, Andorra to anywhere on the CF before Pamplona?

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
No suggestions about the first question, @WGroleau , but as regards the second one, why not consider a third option?:
If getting to Bayonne is easy, then ditch the transport headaches there and go to directly to Pamplona on foot: walk the Baztanes! It is a 'secret camino' and a totally gorgeous walk.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Or shorten the public transport even further and walk the Arles from Toulouse to Somport where you join the Aragonés to Punta La Reina!

Or yet another option if you're not wedded to starting from St Jean: think about going "around the other way": bus from Andorra to Zarazoga, then bus or train to Pamplona and walk from there. OR, bus to Zarazoga then bus up to Jaca then walk the Aragones and join the Francés at Puente la Reina! So many choices @WGroleau !!

There is no bus service from Bayonne to SJPDP, only a train. The GR11 is a beautiful walk that goes from Andorra to Roncesvalles, though not practicable till late June

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Rome2Rio tells me that to go from Andorra to St. Jean, I should take three buses: Andorra to Toulouse, Toulouse to Bayonne, and Bayonne to St. Jean.

The first two were easy, but for Bayonne to St. Jean, they mention both Conda and Alsa. Conda's website redirects me to Alsa, but Alsa does not seem to know anything about St. Jean or Saint Jean or San Juan.

https://www.goeuro.com/travel-search2/results/781366804/train?v=wa_dw_bwg:ctrl or, you can search yourself on https://www.goeuro.com
You can search here too : http://www.expressbourricot.com/persons-transport/

I will be taking the train from Bayonne to SJPP and it only costs 10 euros.

There is no bus service from Bayonne to SJPDP, only a train. The GR11 is a beautiful walk that goes from Andorra to Roncesvalles, though not practicable till late June

The traditional Camino from Andorra takes you down to Lleida, then up the Camino Catalan to Zaragoza then up the Ebro to join the Francès at Logroño. The GR11 would be both harder and more time consuming.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
¡Griacias, todos! I hope I have time to study all these options. I land in Barcelona por la mañana el 29 de marzo and I am expected in Villamayor de Monjardín 3 abril. On level ground, I go 15-30 kph, but much slower uphill or down. (I have to go slower downhil, because my trailer has no brakes, so braking too hard on the bike makes the trailer try to shove me out of the way.) I did Santiago-Cee-Muxia last year but I didn't keep good enough records to predict my progress. I just want to bike 30+ km/day for as much of those five days as I can, and use bus to get me to Villamayor in time. And I do want to visit Andorra, so I was planning to bus there on the 29th PM.

Lord willing, I guess I'll just spend a little longer in Andorra and bus to Pamplona.

Last edited:
Lord willing, I guess I'll just spend a little longer in Andorra and bus to Pamplona.
Ha! One version of a verse in Proverbs (Bible) says "Go ahead and make your plans, but God has the last word." While my bike and trailer were under the bus on the way to Andorra, the retainer for one of the axles broke. So, it looks like I get to spend more time exploring Andorra, and then bus as close as possible to Villamayor de Monjardín, biking or walking the last bit and watching that the axle doesn't slide out.

Those who read Spanish might enjoy Villamayor's web page why it was called the "village of four lies."

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back