• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Another way to Finisterre

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is an article about the Camino dos Faros on the BBC website. Looks like an interesting possible extension of a walk to or from Finisterre. The headline label as "Spain's other Camino" made me smile - quite a few contenders for that title!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
It's a beautitful trek. Only problem was the 4-6 foot, weed bush, toxo make you bleed. Most of the little green feet hide in the bush. Lol

There is an article about the Camino dos Faros on the BBC website. Looks like an interesting possible extension of a walk to or from Finisterre. The headline label as "Spain's other Camino" made me smile - quite a few contenders for that title!

Bradypus,

Bingo! We both like the same path https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/another-way-to-finisterre.82287/

A selection of Camino Jewellery
mspath, any idea where the full trail starts?
There is a dedicated website for the route with an interactive map.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
mspath, any idea where the full trail starts?
Not sure if this helps but I have practically all the routes from France/ Netherlands/ Belgium etc etc downloaded on maps.me. As the article suggests the coastline on Northern Spain is battered by the Atlantic and very similar to the west coast of Ireland, if you've ever been.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230807_155449_MAPSME.jpg
    Screenshot_20230807_155449_MAPSME.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 33
The forum actually has a fair number of posts and information about this Camino. As of right now, the posts are all located in the subforum “Other Routes in Spain,” but if it grows in popularity, we could consider giving it its own dedicated sub-forum.

To see what we’ve got here already, type Camino dos faros in the search box, and you will get a few irrelevant threads, but a lot of good information too. This is not @mspath’s first Camino dos Faros alert!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Not sure if this helps but I have practically all the routes from France/ Netherlands/ Belgium etc etc downloaded on maps.me. As the article suggests the coastline on Northern Spain is battered by the Atlantic and very similar to the west coast of Ireland, if you've ever been.
The screenshot shows a black route on the coast and an orange one further inland. I took a route that was not the black one, but which showed me a lot more ocean views than the orange one would give. I’ve also taken the gray route, and for variety, once took the mostly highway route shown here:temp.gif

I took a route that was not the black one, but which showed me a lot more ocean views than the orange one would give.
Perhaps I was mistaken. Here is my route from Fisterra to Muxia, and a GPX file for anyone who wants that route. If you upload the GPX to https://gpsvisualizer.com you can get a map you can zoom in on and change to different map types. (Which is how I got the map posted.)

Attachments

• Track_2017-09-03 164527.gpx
    351.4 KB · Views: 3
  • temp2.gif
    temp2.gif
    387.9 KB · Views: 15

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.