• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any Camino experience with Blundstone’s Chelsea boots?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I think they'd be pretty dreadful tbh, you would be better off with a proper walking boot.
I wear a Chelsea boot at work as a lorry driver....the soles have minimal grip, the elasticated sides let water in, and they rattle around on your ankles. Any reason for the appeal?

I think they'd be pretty dreadful tbh, you would be better off with a proper walking boot.
I wear a Chelsea boot at work as a lorry driver....the soles have minimal grip, the elasticated sides let water in, and they rattle around on your ankles. Any reason for the appeal?
Thanks, I just read the NYT article and was only wondering 👍

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
They're quite a functional boot, but not really for extended walking imo. You will get a much more useful boot for half the price, I would think 👍

The best shoes for such a trek are after my own experience and also among many others I spoke to? Buy Hanwag shoes. 830 kilometres without 1 blister or other foot problems

Can say: I've seen many young people show up on Camino in Blundstones and by day 3 their feet are irredeemably ruined. Bleeding blisters. and the soles are not meant for anything other than hard-packed ground or city sidewalks.
Don't do it.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I sent this article to my daughters who live in New York City. They both have a pair. This morning I spoke to them on our group whatsapp. Asked them about using them for the Camino. They have never walked but have fallen asleep many times listening to my camino stories. It was a resounding and forceful answer. Older daughter- Are you kidding? Younger daughter - It would be death for your feet.

I wear them but only as a fashion choice I guess I would say. No way would I wear them to walk 500 miles. If you are going to spend $150+ on footwear to walk the camino there are much better choices out there.

The best shoes for such a trek are after my own experience and also among many others I spoke to? Buy Hanwag shoes. 830 kilometres without 1 blister or other foot problems
Not to be negative or having any knowledge whatsoever or even have heard of Hanwag there are so many options that could work. I personally am on the other end of the spectrum of what to wear. I have worn Brooks Cascadia trail runners for 7 caminos and have walked easily over 10,000 kilometers including training. I had 3 small blisters in 2013 and one miniscule one in 2015. None were serious and haven't had one since. I am sure it was because of the socks I was wearing not my Brooks. I have walked in all seasons and personally I would never buy waterproof shoes. Also backed up by extensive research people who have boots have more and more severe blisters than those who don't wear boots. This research was conducted under the strictest scientific methodology that is irrefutable, my eyes :) .
There are lots of us who swear by boots, lots of us who swear by trail runners, and even a number of us (not sure how many as I never walk in hot weather) who swear by sandals.
My point, I think I have forgotten haha. But we all have our opinions, it is good to offer them. The only problem is there are as many opinions as there are feet.
My suggestion, just check out different options, try to find a store like REI (in the United States) that has an amazing return policy. One year for full refund if you are unhappy with your purchase. Wear them alot before you go and then hope for the best with the ones you choose before your first camino.
Glad that your Hanwag's are your ticket to camino bliss!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My wife wore Blundstone's on our camino (SJdPP to Santiago) as well as many multi-day bush walks in Australia and NZ. They were her everyday boots as well.

I have a pair of Blundstones and I love them dearly for all sorts of reasons including walking around my home area. But not for the camino. Oh no.

Not to be negative or having any knowledge whatsoever or even have heard of Hanwag there are so many options that could work. I personally am on the other end of the spectrum of what to wear. I have worn Brooks Cascadia trail runners for 7 caminos and have walked easily over 10,000 kilometers including training. I had 3 small blisters in 2013 and one miniscule one in 2015. None were serious and haven't had one since. I am sure it was because of the socks I was wearing not my Brooks. I have walked in all seasons and personally I would never buy waterproof shoes. Also backed up by extensive research people who have boots have more and more severe blisters than those who don't wear boots. This research was conducted under the strictest scientific methodology that is irrefutable, my eyes :) .
There are lots of us who swear by boots, lots of us who swear by trail runners, and even a number of us (not sure how many as I never walk in hot weather) who swear by sandals.
My point, I think I have forgotten haha. But we all have our opinions, it is good to offer them. The only problem is there are as many opinions as there are feet.
My suggestion, just check out different options, try to find a store like REI (in the United States) that has an amazing return policy. One year for full refund if you are unhappy with your purchase. Wear them alot before you go and then hope for the best with the ones you choose before your first camino.
Glad that your Hanwag's are your ticket to camino bliss!
agreed.....horses for courses, but blundies are a no they are Aussie stockman boots!!!!.....my only advice
is don't listen to the advice!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.