A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Anybody else walking The Invierno during Easter 2019?

2020 Camino Guides

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
May 2017-Camino Primitivo
April 2019-Camino de Invierno
Just curious if anyone else on the forum will be walking The Invierno during Easter. We start on Wednesday April 17th and will arrive in Santiago May 2nd. We’re not looking for walking buddies (don’t worry) just curious if we’ll come across any fellow forum members.

Tai Chi

a.k.a. "Phil"
Camino(s) past & future
2018 SJPP to Finisterre
2019 Madrid to Santiago; then Porto to Santiago
Hi Alaskadiver! I expect to be somewhere on the Invierno for Easter. I'm starting the Madrid camino late March, and taking the Frances from Sagahun to Ponferrada.
Would love to meet at least some other pilgrims on the quieter portions of the route.

uscaminodude

Camino(s) past & future
partial Frances spring 2015
more of Frances spring 2017
2019 Frances SJPdP to SDC April 1 - May 4
Hi Alaskadiver and Tai Chi- My wife and I are leaving SJPDP on March 31 and thinking of departing the CF at Ponferada, It would be around Easter. I suspect every camino is busier during Semana Santa and we might opt for the Invierno when we get there.

StFina

Camino(s) past & future
CF, June 2012
CF, July 2012
CF, September 2016
Camino Primitivo, May 2017, followed by Camino Frances, late May, 2017
I am arriving in Monforte de Lemos on April 23rd. Maybe we will cross paths.......Steve

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I am arriving in Monforte de Lemos on April 23rd. Maybe we will cross paths.......Steve
Wiseass :)
This is an inside joke people. Steve is our best friend and got us hooked on the Camino. He joined us the first time part way through and is doing the same on our April trip.

Last edited:

vinsman

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013
Camino Frances 2014
Camino del Norté 2016/2017
Via de la Plata 2015/2018
Starting in Pamplona on March 15th. After reading all of the great posts on the forum, I will take the Invierno to Santiago. Buen Camino.

Eric G

Camino(s) past & future
1st timer
Just curious if anyone else on the forum will be walking The Invierno during Easter. We start on Wednesday April 17th and will arrive in Santiago May 2nd. We’re not looking for walking buddies (don’t worry) just curious if we’ll come across any fellow forum members.
I walked it in September. We only saw 4 other pilgrims the entire time. When albergues were available, we were the only ones occupying it.
Very peaceful..
Enjoy

Glory Be

Camino(s) past & future
1st Camino-April 2019
Plan on starting around the 19th of April. Hope to not be totally alone. Sounds like maybe I won't be. :)
It's my 1st camino so I'll be the one lost all the time, haha
@alaskadiver, thanks for your itinerary, been using it as a guide for mine.

alaskadiver

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Plan on starting around the 19th of April. Hope to not be totally alone. Sounds like maybe I won't be. :)
It's my 1st camino so I'll be the one lost all the time, haha
@alaskadiver, thanks for your itinerary, been using it as a guide for mine.
We'll be 3 days ahead of you so we can forewarn you of any issues :)

Dafc

Camino(s) past & future
I have done 4 Camino so far, 100km of Via De La Plata; 100k French Camino; Camino Primitivo.......
Hi yes me and my friend from Malta will be doing the Invierno this coming April starting from Monforte up to Santiago from the 14 April...

peregrina2000

Staff member
This anecdotal unscientific sampling suggests that yes indeed, pilgrims are increasing on the Camino Invierno. I can't remember ever seeing this many people saying -- hey, I'm walking at about the same time you are.

Looking forward to hearing what the spring walkers say. I hope to be back in late June, so I have a particular interest in hearing about things that have changed since we wrote our awesome forum guide. ;)

Buen camino, Laurie

robhel

Rob
Camino(s) past & future
SJPP-Fin (2013)
Porto-Mux (2016)
Pamplona-SDC (17/18/19(Invierno}
Burgos-Fin (17/18)
Hola All! I stumbled upon this forum a few months ago and have been inspired to give the Invierno a try. I will be walking from Pamplona (starting April 24) and plan to switch to the Invierno from Ponferada. Many thanks for all the good advice and the excellent Invierno Guide - what a great job! 😀

Frisbie

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2015), Portuguese ( 2016), Primitivo (2017), Via Francigena (2017), Lepuy (2018)
friend and I are scheduled to walk on vdlP starting April 15. We have 3 weeks. I chose vdlP because I thought the weather might be better in south in April and was super excited to experience Seville for a day or two during Semana Santa. The more the time approaches and read, the more I feel I might really miss the variety of terrain.and mountains. Have been following this thread and others considering changing to Invierno or Sanabres . I tried to download the Invierno guide via a different thread and was not ablle to. Suggestions? Thoughts?

peregrina2000

Staff member
friend and I are scheduled to walk on vdlP starting April 15. We have 3 weeks. I chose vdlP because I thought the weather might be better in south in April and was super excited to experience Seville for a day or two during Semana Santa. The more the time approaches and read, the more I feel I might really miss the variety of terrain.and mountains. Have been following this thread and others considering changing to Invierno or Sanabres . I tried to download the Invierno guide via a different thread and was not ablle to. Suggestions? Thoughts?
Hi, Frisbie,
I don’t want to push you away from the Invierno, which is a wonderful camino, but the Vdlp in April is a meadow paradise full of wildflowers. In northern Andalucía and Extremadura, there is this thing called the “dehesa”. Someone should give me a good translation into English, but basically it consists of rocky green meadows with lots of oaks and streams, and a lot of little white flowers. It is gorgeous in springtime. In fact, I came across a Dutch pilgrim last year right outside of Aljucén. He was moved to tears by the beauty. I didn’t cry, but it was just beautiful.

But onto the Invierno.... Here is a link to the guide, let me know if you can’t open it. It is also a five star camino! Buen camino, whichever route you choose, Laurie

Frisbie

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2015), Portuguese ( 2016), Primitivo (2017), Via Francigena (2017), Lepuy (2018)
Hi, Frisbie,
I don’t want to push you away from the Invierno, which is a wonderful camino, but the Vdlp in April is a meadow paradise full of wildflowers. In northern Andalucía and Extremadura, there is this thing called the “dehesa”. Someone should give me a good translation into English, but basically it consists of rocky green meadows with lots of oaks and streams, and a lot of little white flowers. It is gorgeous in springtime. In fact, I came across a Dutch pilgrim last year right outside of Aljucén. He was moved to tears by the beauty. I didn’t cry, but it was just beautiful.

But onto the Invierno.... Here is a link to the guide, let me know if you can’t open it. It is also a five star camino! Buen camino, whichever route you choose, Laurie

Hi Laurie: thank you for the link to the guide. If not this year, hopefully next. I really appreciate your quick reply and insights on the VdlP. Will stick with it since it's rare I walk in April. Of course every camino is different and provides its own special feel and beauty but nice to be reassured that even though not as mountainous, the vdlP will offer its own flavor of nature. I'll let you know if i get moved to tears! Certainly would welcome that. Sylvie

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
fortview Camino de Invierno 5

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 47 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.3%