A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Anyone planning to walk the Camino in May 2019

davebugg

"When I Have Your Wounded" - Dustoff Motto
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Hi and welcome to the Forum. :)

There is a Forum calendar which lists departure dates and locations of departure. It is a menu selection listed at the top of the page. You can also add your name to the calendar.

Bruce777

Camino(s) past & future
French way 2017 April May June May2019
Hi and welcome , I am starting on the 1st of May with 2 friends, for my 2nd Camino , Look forward to seeing you along the way .

nononemeth

Camino(s) past & future
May 2019
So it's few of us already haha great, hope to see you around guys!
I will be in town on the 1st already, and 2nd of May will be my birthday so I guess that's the perfect day to start this journey ... :)

Felipe

Veteran Member
Remember that May 1 is Labor Day in France and Spain. Many shops and restaurants (and tourist offices!) will be closed. No problem with hotels and albergues, I suppose.

nononemeth

Camino(s) past & future
May 2019
Remember that May 1 is Labor Day in France and Spain. Many shops and restaurants (and tourist offices!) will be closed. No problem with hotels and albergues, I suppose.
Oh, thanks for the information, I haven't thought about this :O

DebW59

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2019
I will be arriving in St Jean May 6, will spend 2 nights there and then onto Orisson.

Last edited:

Bruce777

Camino(s) past & future
French way 2017 April May June May2019
So it's few of us already haha great, hope to see you around guys!
I will be in town on the 1st already, and 2nd of May will be my birthday so I guess that's the perfect day to start this journey ... :)
Wow starting your walk on your Birthday , a very special day for you to remember for the rest of your life , by the time you get to Santiago you may well feel that you have been Re- born.:D

Rpeet1

Camino(s) past & future
Starting in Porto may 2019
Hi from Oregon flying into Madrid on May 13th then straight to Pomplona, Begin our hike May 14 to Burgos. One night chillin in Estella or Logrono.

pokeman

Camino(s) past & future
Oct 2017: Sarria --> Santiago
April/May 2019: SJPP --> Santiago --> Finistierre
Hi Nononemeth,
I'm still figuring out my start date but I'm hoping to start in late April and will likely still be on the trail in May. I'll either be the slow guy just taking in the sights and enjoying the experience or if my competitive nature kicks in, the guy in massive pain trying to keep pace with some of the faster walkers. I'm not sure how much you've researched but I've read it can still be muddy out there in May so waterproof shoes is recommended so you're not walking around in wet shoes all day.

btw...how do you pronounce your username? I totally read it as 'no more meth' at first glance and was thinking to myself 'good for her'. lol

Rpeet1

Camino(s) past & future
Starting in Porto may 2019
Will be starting in May where I left off last year at Burgos. I walked St. Jean to Burgos in May 2018 and it was wonderful. Good weather, not overly crowded, green trees and flowers in bloom. Great time for you to go. Enjoy!
we are doing Pamplona to Burgos this May 12th

nononemeth

Camino(s) past & future
May 2019
Hi Nononemeth,
I'm still figuring out my start date but I'm hoping to start in late April and will likely still be on the trail in May. I'll either be the slow guy just taking in the sights and enjoying the experience or if my competitive nature kicks in, the guy in massive pain trying to keep pace with some of the faster walkers. I'm not sure how much you've researched but I've read it can still be muddy out there in May so waterproof shoes is recommended so you're not walking around in wet shoes all day.

btw...how do you pronounce your username? I totally read it as 'no more meth' at first glance and was thinking to myself 'good for her'. lol

ahahaahaha oookay, this just made my day. No, I'm not on meth never was never will. I'm Hungarian, and Nono is the short for Noemi, which is my first name, and my last name is Nemeth. Not as exciting anymore, right? :D

I will definitely be the slow one, wandering around and exploring everything off trail and get lost million times. I need the stories for my travelblog hahah

And thanks for the tip about the shoes, I'm about to buy them shortly, I need some test runs in it before the official start....

nononemeth

Camino(s) past & future
May 2019
Wow starting your walk on your Birthday , a very special day for you to remember for the rest of your life , by the time you get to Santiago you may well feel that you have been Re- born.:D
Yea that's why I tried to organize everything around this date. I thought starting the camino on my birthday would be kind of special. And definitely something to remember for the rest of my life....

kclem

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria to Santiago de Compostela 2019
Arriving in Sarria 3 May to start our Camino, just the last 100km as a taster. My Birthday treat for my husband who will be 75.

pokeman

Camino(s) past & future
Oct 2017: Sarria --> Santiago
April/May 2019: SJPP --> Santiago --> Finistierre
ahahaahaha oookay, this just made my day. No, I'm not on meth never was never will. I'm Hungarian, and Nono is the short for Noemi, which is my first name, and my last name is Nemeth. Not as exciting anymore, right? :D

I will definitely be the slow one, wandering around and exploring everything off trail and get lost million times. I need the stories for my travelblog hahah

And thanks for the tip about the shoes, I'm about to buy them shortly, I need some test runs in it before the official start....
Nice to meet you nono. I'm bobby. That makes a lot more sense for your username. Test runs for your shoes are definitely a good idea...but it looks like ull be a rubber tramp and not a leather tramp? (A reference from 'into the wild'... one of my all time favorite movies...) . If I don't see you on the trail, I'll keep an eye out for you in Finisterre.

Yea that's why I tried to organize everything around this date. I thought starting the camino on my birthday would be kind of special. And definitely something to remember for the rest of my life....
Great way to mark a major milestone...

(if you can't tell, i found ur travel blog. :) )

Andy scott

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances May/June 2018
I will be arriving in St Jean May 6, will spend 2 nights there and then onto Orisson.
Hi Deb, my friend Michael and I arrive in Biarritz on the 8th May and are also stopping in Orrison that night so all being well we’ll see you there😀👍

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
SJPDP-Finisterre X 2 - 2016 & 2017, El Norte - Irun to Vilalba 2018
I just booked a flight to Paris, and after a couple of days there plan to start on May 10th from SJPdP.

Roland49

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2019 June/July/August
Flying from Germany to Biarritz on June 28th, on the Camino from June 29. to August 02nd / 03rd / 04th.

Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes to Burgos, Oct 2018
Burgos to Santiago, May 2019, D.V.
Will be starting in May where I left off last year at Burgos. I walked St. Jean to Burgos in May 2018 and it was wonderful. Good weather, not overly crowded, green trees and flowers in bloom. Great time for you to go. Enjoy!
Same here. Starting with a detour to the monastery at Silos.

Mckarash

A Coddiwomple expert
Camino(s) past & future
St Jean - Belorado July 2016
St Jean - Sahagun April 14th- 29th 2017
St Jean - Lagrono July 2017
I'm starting April 21st from St Jean. Slow and steady with no time limit so i'll probably see you pass me :)

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 203 23.9%