• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Backpacks to Carry Aboard Ryanair- these kind?

JByrne

Time of past OR future Camino
July 2013
Cabin Max 1.7Kg Flight Approved Carry on Purple Trolley Rucksack Bag 44L lightweight wheeled luggage.

Wheeled Trolley Bag 1.7Kg.Converts into a Backpack.Great for all travel situations, unzip the back section which covers the wheels and backpack straps are revealed.Comes with Rain Poncho and Airport Approved Toiletry Bag. Ryanair Size Cabin Bag

Cabin Max 0.6Kg Purple Backpack Flight Approved Carry On Bag massive 44 litre travel luggage: 55x40x20 cm.

Designed to fit the maximum size allowed on all IATA flight 55x40x20cm - Now Water resistant 600D material! Comes with foldaway rain poncho and Airport Approved Toiletry Bag.Ryanair and Aer Lingus Approved Cabin Bag. Hands-free travel to Australasia

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Personally unless you can see it. Check the fit. The zippers. Straps. I wouldn't touch it . It's also not like Ryanair doesn't mark up almost all the goods it sells.€3 bottles of water :roll:

You're almost certainly better off getting a real backpack and paying the €15 surcharge for hold luggage.

Are you trying to save the cost of putting a rucksack in the hold or do you want to be first out of the airport ?

Either way I would choose the best rucksack that works for you ( my case Osprey Kestrel 38) and pay the extra to put it in the hold. I found the wait in baggage handling to be very short at this small airport and anyway the Camino will most likely remove the desire to rush and be first on and off - a great release : Buen Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Remember RyanAir weight limit too

"Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage.

Extra/oversized cabin baggage will be refused at the boarding gate, or where available, placed in the hold of the aircraft for a fee of £60/€60."

Most read last week in this forum

Hola. While I am familiar with air travel restrictions on knives, I want to read your answers on carrying a small folding knife (Gerber Gear US1, (2.6 inch /6.6 cm blade)) in trains and buses in...
I couldn't find any posts about this topic on the forum (first time that's ever happened) so I thought I'd ask... It always seemed to me that wringing hand-washed clothes never works very well...
Hello. Having done the Portugese Central from Porto a few years ago, we will be doing the Frances from Leon this April. Searching the forums for footwear suggestions, we (wife and I) decided on...
Hi All, I am completing the Camino Ingles in April. I have just bought hiking trainers, as I find walking boots very heavy on my little, old feet. Hpwever, I am worried about conditions, with...
Hello, I will be doing El Camino from Sarria to Santiago this May 13 for the first time. I tend to twist my ankles in uneven surfaces and to easily slip on slippery surfaces. I have some...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.