A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

baggage transport in Galicia?

windeatt

Has anyone any advice?

My main companion and I are carrying all our stuff from France and into Spain. But at the end we are going to be joined in El Ferrol/La Coruna by our partners for a final burst down the Camino Ingles.

I am not sure either of them are up to carrying gear - plus they will want to bring electronic gadgets, books to read etc . . . Is there a baggage transport company in Galicia that would cover the Camino Ingles route?

Or should I just book them into an apartment for the duration? And, if so, has anyone any recommendations?

Not quite sure where to post this.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I know some agencies that specialize in pilgrim transport/services use some people to transport baggage in Galicia, but they are most likely individuals that are not organized in any way.... as far as I know. You may want to contact the guys at EuroAdventires in Vigo, they might know:
http://www.euroadventures.net/

As far as the apartment rental I am also quite blank... not much of that in Santiago at least for tourists. If you can cope with simple (but clean) room, Cafe Suso (next to the tourist office in Santiago) have double rooms for about 30-40 euro per night. They are small and simple, but clean. When I moved to Santiago I stayed there for 2 weeks....

I hope this helps, at least a bit... :)

Buen camino,
Ivar

windeatt

thanks

Thanks Ivar.

I'll see what I can do . . . I may just leave it up to them or organise . . . I am finding getting myself and daughter organised for the trip from Le Puy quite time-consuming enough as it is . . .

Many thanks again.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

you may want to do a search in Internet on real estate offices in Santiago, A Coruña, or anywhere else in Galicia that have apts for rent/lease. There are countless apts for rent in Compostela, btw, if not right on the old section, for sure in the peripheral areas . Bus service there is pretty good.

Buen Camino,

xm 8)

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 186 24.5%