• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus from Muxia to Santiago

auburnfive

Veteran Member
Hello
Does anyone know if you can buy tickets ahead of time for the bus from Muxia to Santiago? And where they could be purchased? We are a group of 7, and need to be on the am bus to make our connection to Porto. I have heard there can be a large crowd waiting to get the bus. Would we be better to arrange private transport? Thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As far as I know tickets are purchased on the bus you would probably be better off on finding your own transport for a large group if you have any time constraints.

In early or late season you may be OK, but as CanuckPaul says if your timing is critical for onward travel to catch a flight you might be safest arranging something privately.
Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
As far I remembered you buy them in the bus. The bus stop is down the hill from the albergue you pass a little street to the harbor and there is a coffee shop right there. I was bit nervous so I asked the locals a couple of times because my flight went the same day. Since the bus starts in Muxia it’s almost empty.
Don’t miss the Muxiana you get it in the middle of the main street at the little public library.that doubles as the tourist office, just ask for when they are open and bring your pilgrims pass, of course if you walked it from Finisterre to Muxia. On of the nicest ways of my Camino.

Last edited:
Don’t miss the Muxiana you get it in the middle of the main street at the little public library.just ask for when they are open and bring your pilgrims pass, of course if you walked it from Finisterre to Muxia. On of the nicest ways of my Camino.
The albergue issued the Muxiana when I was there. It’s issued by the Galicia Tourism office through a variety of agents. You need the sello from Lines if coming from Finisterre, or the usual stops if walked direct from Santiago.

In 2018 they did not, but maybe Auburn can tell us how it is in 2020

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I took that early morning bus in Oct 2019. I bought the ticket on the bus from the driver. I was not focused on looking for people with prepaid tickets so perhaps it is possible to get tickets ahead of time. I arrived at the stop in the dark about 15 minutes before departure time and was alarmed to see the crowd of people in line. There was a little cafe behind the stop where I bought a coffee "to go" and a pastry to hold me over in the cool morning temperatures and breeze. I was preparing myself mentally for not getting on due to the crowd but everyone there did get on. The line of people to board the bus falls apart due to the baggage loading process. When the bus pulls up, the driver gets out and opens the covers for baggage on both sides of the bus. Everyone in line, with bags, leaves their spot in line to drop their backpack into the cargo area and then walks back to the new line forming. I unintentionally improved my position by walking to the street side of the bus to put my back pack in where there were no crowds and then re-entered the line/queue. The bus was very comfortable. If you take the bus and want to insure you all get on, I'd suggest you arrive at the bus stop 30 - 60 minutes before it arrives. Bring a coffee/tea and pastry. When the bus arrives and you are at or near the front of the line to the bus door, as soon as it stops, have the 4 strongest members of your group grab all seven backpacks and move about about 10 feet down the side of the bus and stand there waiting for the driver to come out and open the baggage doors. When the doors open, throw in the packs and then come back quickly to join the remaining 3 of your group holding their place in line.

Check Rome2rio.com for bus schedules and other transport options from Muxia. I just looked and the bus is $9 USA and a private taxi is $95 - $120. Travel time is 1 hr 15 min by bus and 1 hr 07 min by taxi. You may be able to purchase tickets on line with rome2rio but I was not successful navigating to the purchase page when I just looked for travel tomorrow. Rome2rio shows the bus carrier website as grupoferrin.com and a phone #: +34 (0) 981 873 643. Use Chrome as your internet browser to get an english translation of the website page.

Thanks for this very useful information. Sounds like the bus is possible, but private transport will be a much more relaxed ending to our camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Asking for an update on this travel from Muxia to Santiago?
Is there a bus from Muxia to Santiago on Oct 16, 2022 or 17?
Monbus' website does not show buses after October 15, 2022.

don't eat a big breakfast before you get on that bus... 🤢🤢🤢
I felt slightly queasy on the bus on the way to Muxia , but I don’t think it was the bus or the route. I think it was due to having not been in a moving vehicle for so long. Others I know who took the bus from Santiago to Porto all felt the same way.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello peregrinos! My daughter and I are walking the CF from SJPP and hope to arrive in SDC around a week before we fly home (late June). We'd like to walk to either Finisterra or Muxia and then...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back