• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bus transfer or Taxi (to Santiago airport) early in the Morning

Gianluca316

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello Everyone,

My return flight from Santiago back to Germany in September is already at 6:45 am, so I have to be at the airport by 5:30 am.

The inexpensive 1 euro bus apparently only runs from 6 or 7:00 a.m. Am i Right?
The taxi situation in Santiago seems to be a bit complicated, hence my question if anyone had to be at the airport that early and what can they say about it or have any tips for me?

That would be fantastic, thank you very much

LG Luca

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
For early starts, I book a taxi the night before.

However, when I left on RyanAir last year, I arrived early enough to comply with their requirement to be at check-in three hours before the departure time. The local ground staff were checking in an earlier flight, and told me to go an wait until they opened check-in for my flight - two hours before the scheduled departure time. When questioned why this discrepancy, they told me that they regularly inform the RyanAir head office that they only open two hours before the flight, but no-one there seems to pay any attention!

However, for a 6:45 am departure, you probably need to be there as soon as the airport opens.

For early starts, I book a taxi the night before.

However, when I left on RyanAir last year, I arrived early enough to comply with their requirement to be at check-in three hours before the departure time. The local ground staff were checking in an earlier flight, and told me to go an wait until they opened check-in for my flight - two hours before the scheduled departure time. When questioned why this discrepancy, they told me that they regularly inform the RyanAir head office that they only open two hours before the flight, but no-one there seems to pay any attention!

However, for a 6:45 am departure, you probably need to be there as soon as the airport opens.
Oh Okay, Thank you very much.. where did you booked the Taxi, and did they catch you at the hotel or did you have to go somewhere? Which one (Taxi-Company?) can you reccomend?

Thank you very much for your help

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was staying at Albergue Seminario Menor and took it from there. I asked the reception staff to book it. I don't know if they have a preferred company.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Where did you call or catch the Taxi, and was it early in the morning? Thank you for answering :)
It wasn't early in the morning. There were several taxis waiting across the street from Parque de Alameda.
For early morning I'd definitely prearrange it the night before, and set the time earlier than you need it just in case.

It wasn't early in the morning. There were several taxis waiting across the street from Parque de Alameda.
For early morning I'd definitely prearrange it the night before, and set the time earlier than you need it just in case.
Okay, thank you so much for answering and helping

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I've had to take a taxi a couple of times early in the morning. In one case, I asked the hotel to book one the night before. In the second case, they just called one when I got down to checkout. No problems either way and it is a fixed rate. I'd first ask the hotel to book one the night before just to play it safe.

Had my hotel book it for me the day before. They suggested it. Good that we did this too, because that day, there were no taxis to be had, due to a convention in town. They were all booked up. Felt quite lucky to have mine.
23€ is the set price now, to go from Santiago to the airport.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Everyone,

My return flight from Santiago back to Germany in September is already at 6:45 am, so I have to be at the airport by 5:30 am.

The inexpensive 1 euro bus apparently only runs from 6 or 7:00 a.m. Am i Right?
The taxi situation in Santiago seems to be a bit complicated, hence my question if anyone had to be at the airport that early and what can they say about it or have any tips for me?

That would be fantastic, thank you very much

LG Luca
Hi Luca
Hope you a arrived home safe. Could you please share your experience with me as I have an early morning Ryan air flight as well at 6:45 am from Santiago to Madrid. Can you please tell me how many hours before you had to arrive and what was the cost of the taxi from Santiago de Compostela to the Santiago airport thank you

Hi Luca
Hope you a arrived home safe. Could you please share your experience with me as I have an early morning Ryan air flight as well at 6:45 am from Santiago to Madrid. Can you please tell me how many hours before you had to arrive and what was the cost of the taxi from Santiago de Compostela to the Santiago airport thank you
Sorry I missed it somewhere as I thought you already travelled home. I guess you are somewhere en route along your Camino. I am starting my Camino from SJPP next week. Bueon Camino and hope all goes well with you. Hopefully someone may be able to respond with some positive news. Do post how you managed and if you have any advice for me. My flight is on 3rd October

Sorry I missed it somewhere as I thought you already travelled home. I guess you are somewhere en route along your Camino. I am starting my Camino from SJPP next week. Bueon Camino and hope all goes well with you. Hopefully someone may be able to respond with some positive news. Do post how you managed and if you have any advice for me. My flight is on 3rd October
Hello Joe,

i aksked the Reception to order one 2 Days before, i also got the Mobil-Number of the Driver. I orderd it for 5`o Clock in the Morning, and the Driver was already 10 Minutes before 5 in front of the Hotel. The Rate was 23€. I would to reccomend to get a few Minutes earlier if you want to have breakfast on the Airport. There were much people in the Control. I arrived at 5:10 my Boarding beguns at 6:10 and there we´re so much people that i nearly missed my boarding

Buen Camino

Gianluca Mocco

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back