• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino cost

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
I did some budgeting and based on a rate of 15€/person each night in France for a bed, about the same for a meal if we don't cook, and 10€ in Spain, it would cost us about $9,00-10,000 for a pilgrimage from Le Puy to Santiago for two people. This includes having to cover bills back home and plane tickets. Does this seem accurate? It would take us a few years to be able to save this much.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It depends on your bills at home.
What I did: make extra payments on all bills until I had 3 to 4 months in advance paid. I saved what was needed for airfare, train, metro cards. Then saved a bit for "what if".
Currently my monthly income will cover the cost of the Camino, if I am careful. Being retired I have a small income I can rely on.

Edit: This took me 2 years.

Your calculation is a bit unclear. Your estimate said "to cover bills back home and plane tickets" but we have no idea what those costs are. Further, what is your style of travel? Do you intend to stay in only the cheapest albergues, cook your own meals and never buy drinks in a cafe? How many weeks would you be walking?

Euros 25/day x 7 days x 10 weeks x 2 people = Euros 3500 = US$3,850. Add $3,000 for plane tickets and your estimate of US$9,000-$10,000 is not too far off. I would consider Euros 25 to be a minimum average budget, although people certainly can do it for less.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I did some budgeting and based on a rate of 15€/person each night in France for a bed, about the same for a meal if we don't cook, and 10€ in Spain, it would cost us about $9,00-10,000 for a pilgrimage from Le Puy to Santiago for two people. This includes having to cover bills back home and plane tickets. Does this seem accurate? It would take us a few years to be able to save this much.
What did your previous experience on the Camino tell you?

I say, at least for Spain, plan on 10€ for a bed, 10€ for your main daily meal, 3€ for breakfast and 5€ for a second meal, snacks, a drink, a second cafe con leche. So 150€ per week. Let's round it up to 200€ with a trip to the farmacia, a taxi, etc. Times 6 weeks. That's 1200€ per person.

France is more expensive. Let's say 300 per week, times 6 weeks, so 1800€. For a total of comfy budget of 3000€ per person. Add 500€ per flight, that's 3500€ per person.

So 7000 € for two people, or about 7600US$. Plus what ever your on going bills at home are.

France: I estimated 15€ for a bed, 16€ for dinner if we purchased it and about 7€ if we were to cook, 3€ for breakfast, 7,50€ for lunch, and 3€ miscellaneous. The miscellaneous would go towards the pharmacy, toiletries, etc.

Spain: 10€ for a bed, 10€ for the pilgrim menu or 7€ for cooking, breakfast and lunch together was 10€, and still 3€ for miscellaneous.

Both countries were 35-40 days each, and the estimates are per person, per day. I estimated based on what I remember things costing before.

Bills at home include car payments, internet, utilities, car insurance and health insurance, all together totaling about $1150/mo. (3 months). Plus $1500 each for airfare.

I didn't actually pay attention to what I was spending before since I was teaching and my salary was split up over 12 months, plus I was single.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm really not sure what your bills at home have to do with the cost of walking the Camino. You'll have to pay those whether you're at home or away.
That's why I was budgeting them in. So I would have the total cost of what we'd have to have saved up for those three months spent not working. As you said, we still have to pay them.

France: I estimated 15€ for a bed, 16€ for dinner if we purchased it and about 7€ if we were to cook, 3€ for breakfast, 7,50€ for lunch, and 3€ miscellaneous. The miscellaneous would go towards the pharmacy, toiletries, etc.
Spain: 10€ for a bed, 10€ for the pilgrim menu or 7€ for cooking, breakfast and lunch together was 10€, and still 3€ for miscellaneous.
Bills at home include car payments, internet, utilities, car insurance and health insurance, all together totaling about $1150/mo. (3 months). Plus $1500 each for airfare.
I didn't actually pay attention to what I was spending before since I was teaching and my salary was split up over 12 months, plus I was single.

I know the bills from the other end of the spectrum. Since I have horrible insomnia I always sleep in hotels. The quieter the better. I spend about $90 per night on hotels and tend to spend more on food than most. Like others mentioned here, I don't count "bills at home" as part of my cost of the Camino. My pure "Camino Costs" are about $1,500 for airfare from Los Angeles, $2,800 in hotels, $1,200 for food. My total Camino costs for 30 days are around $5,500 and I don't know how I could possibly spend any more if I tried unless I made crazy purchases in stores or started paying other people's bills. In the grand scheme of things that is a tiny price to pay for one of the best months of your life.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think a little sensitivity may be in order here. Many of us might agree that if we looked at doing a Camino the same way we would look at a holiday, this one is a relative bargain. Throw in a little life changing perspective and maybe a saved soul here and there, and its a steal. That would be true for some of us. For 70% of the inhabitants of planet earth, its a cost that is nearly impossible to bear. Anyone trying to maintain a home on a couple of minimum wage jobs is going to have a LOT of trouble scratching together the $5K that you or I might throw on a visa card without a second thought. We have no idea about the OP's circumstances, and its not our business to ask or assume, rather to try to provide guidance based upon our experience.

Both countries were 35-40 days each, and the estimates are per person, per day. I estimated based on what I remember things costing before.

$1500 each for airfair sounds way too much.
What airport do you plan on leaving from?
You might want to look into getting Amtrak or a bus up to Philly, Newark or JFK in NY.
A flight from these airports would be about $750 each. Specially JFK
Or you might want to look into a flight from Atlanta

You might want to look into getting Amtrak or a bus up to Philly, Newark or JFK in NY.
Jersey, I fly from LAX (Los Angeles) round trip to Madrid, then connect from Madrid to Biarritz on a one way flight. Bus to Bayonne, train to Saint Jean Pied de Port. After I am done I take another flight from Santiago back to Madrid. A total of 4 flights, one bus and one train. The exact total for this year is $1,320. In both 2015 and 2013 it was closer to $2,000 because I booked the flights only a few weeks in advance. That is always a bad idea.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Jersey, I fly from LAX (Los Angeles) round trip to Madrid, then connect from Madrid to Biarritz on a one way flight. Bus to Bayonne, train to Saint Jean Pied de Port. After I am done I take another flight from Santiago back to Madrid. A total of 4 flights, one bus and one train. The exact total for this year is $1,320. In both 2015 and 2013 it was closer to $2,000 because I booked the flights only a few weeks in advance. That is always a bad idea.
Super
That sounds right. I believe this couple is leaving from South Carolina.
Leaving from a small town here in the US can whack you with some crazy airfair prices. Where as in Spain it's the opposite.
BTW are you aware of the overnight train from La Coruna to Madrid?
( I'm almost sure you can pick it up in Santiago )
I took it last year. 10 hour trip. I think I paid 90 bucks for a private sleeper. And it included a private shower to boot.

Jersey,
I heard about that train. Sounds like a good option for future Caminos. This year I am actually renting a car in Madrid and touring around to see friends all over Spain. I lived in Spain for 10 years so when I get back it often turns into a multi-stop adventure.

Jersey,
I heard about that train. Sounds like a good option for future Caminos. This year I am actually renting a car in Madrid and touring around to see friends all over Spain. I lived in Spain for 10 years so when I get back it often turns into a multi-stop adventure.

I'm trying to talk the wife into spending a year in Spain ( Coruna )
Like you I'm lucky to have friends there.
I'll be in Spain for 6 weeks this summer. Short walk Leon to Santiago and then Valencia, La Coruna & Cangas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the wife loves it as much as I
lol

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I think a little sensitivity may be in order here. Many of us might agree that if we looked at doing a Camino the same way we would look at a holiday, this one is a relative bargain. Throw in a little life changing perspective and maybe a saved soul here and there, and its a steal. That would be true for some of us. For 70% of the inhabitants of planet earth, its a cost that is nearly impossible to bear. Anyone trying to maintain a home on a couple of minimum wage jobs is going to have a LOT of trouble scratching together the $5K that you or I might throw on a visa card without a second thought. We have no idea about the OP's circumstances, and its not our business to ask or assume, rather to try to provide guidance based upon our experience.

I don't think anyone meant to be insensitive.
For many of us on here the cost of doing the Camino is relatively inexpensive not because we are rich but because where we come from has a high cost of living where wages tend to be higher to meet that high cost of living. In Spain I might seem rich to the locals but back home I'm just your average blue collar middle class.

What about your current income while walking. My estimate for my last camino was 40 days at 30 euro average 1200 euros. My income for 40 days ie pension 2700 euros. Surplus to pay bills and a few nights in 5 star hotel ie parador live while alive as alternative not great.

I am originally from Kansas and when I did the Camino before I think it cost somewhere between $1300-1500 for a plane ticket. I hadn't priced them out from here, honestly. But I also didn't figure in transportation costs in Europe to/from the Camino either, and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

And since the Camino is so far off I have no idea what our employment situation might be. Right now it's rocky and we won't be able to save much, if any, but if everything goes okay my husband should be starting a new job at the end of this month that should help us be able to save more.

€46,-
I got curious and just priced out airfare. There was a low (to me) fare just under $900, but apparently only one before jumping to $1200. Honestly, it would be just as or more expensive to take Amtrak to another city, and WAY more of a hassle. We live near the Charleston airport. And Amtrak is ridiculous for what they offer. Super slow and very expensive, considering that to be able to sleep on one of their trains I'd have to purchase a ticket for a sleeper cabin. I can't sleep sitting up.

Wow, that's dedication and forward planning. I am from Europe but I lived in the States for a number of years and from what you offer as budgeted $, I am thinking it would be sufficient but anything you can do the increase your "pilgrimage" pot would be helpful..................a little extra would provide you with peace of mind along the way and if you don't need it, you don't have to spend it.

You mention incidentals such as bills and air tickets? there could be fluctuations there as there might be in exchange rates + or -. You don't mention travel insurance specifically and from my own experience, this can be inordinately expensive, especially as you will be away from home for an extended period, some travel insurance companies load the premiums the longer you are away from home and some travel insurance companies actually load the premium for travel within Spain. Obviously, the total outlay once you start depends on the time it takes from Du Puy to Santiago and this can vary significantly. To even attempt "the long way round" suggests to me you are fit, healthy and used to sustained walking periods.

All the luck in the world with your financing and travelling.

I did some budgeting and / . . . it would cost us about $9,000-10,000 / . . . It would take us a few years to be able to save this much.

I literally just did this calculation myself . . . $200 a month is 4 years, which sounds like a long time, but you get to look forward to the Camino and spend that time talking to us and dreaming about your trip!

I am impressed you are willing to wait and save the money before you go, so many people will throw a credit card at the journey and then worry about the cost afterward!

Keep up the great work! Buen Camino!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Biloute!
I'm attaching a spreadsheet of my EXACT expenditure a couple of years ago for three weeks on the Ruta del Ebro. Use it as a part of your calculation, adding in whatever home bills you may have, flights etc.
Also, remember I'm an old timer who needs comfort and an 'en suite' so, reduce the average 24 Euros a night, to maybe 10 Euros. Abergues will be much cheaper! Hope you may find this useful.
Buen camino!

P.S. Sorry - forum won't let me upload an Excel file.
I'll try a 'screen-print'......
Fullscreen capture 15052017 141501.bmp.jpg

We are doing the Frances again this August. Our airfare over to LGW (London) is $508(Thomas Cooke Airlines) for the two of us with a return trip 14 days repositioning cruise on Royal Caribbean leaving out of Barcelona late October ($1400 for the two of us), we are spending a few weeks exploring the UK and Ireland staying at AirBnB's, travel to France from the UK and all doing the Camino for around a total cost of about $5,000 USD for the both of us plus we have trip insurance covering everything. Except for our Camino lodgings and food (pay as we go but included in estimated costs) everything else is prepaid. We did the Camino Frances last year, but this year the UK pound and the Euro are far more favorable for our travels this time. We are use to keeping things cheap so we can do more. We kept it under $5,000 last year without the favorable exchange rates. Oh and we flew home on Norwegian Airlines in their Ultimate First Class seating last year, a treat to ourselves for enduring broken bones and illnesses...lol.
I do not know what your expenses at home but your estimate sounds reasonable. Our at home bills while away will cost us about $6000 USD. Adding that to our travel, we expect total costs to be $11,000-$12,000 USD. We don't count at home costs those bills are always there.

Hi Biloute!
I'm attaching a spreadsheet of my EXACT expenditure a couple of years ago for three weeks on the Ruta del Ebro. Use it as a part of your calculation, adding in whatever home bills you may have, flights etc.
Also, remember I'm an old timer who needs comfort and an 'en suite' so, reduce the average 24 Euros a night, to maybe 10 Euros. Abergues will be much cheaper! Hope you may find this useful.
Buen camino!

View attachment 33854

This is great, thank you! Nice to have all of the expenses out there in one sheet like that.
I budgeted $1000 in expenses while over in Spain, so not including airfare and buses, since I already paid for them. I'm planning to spend roughly $30-35 per day but I've gotten to be a good saver so I have reserves at home I can draw on if necessary. Good luck to the OP in her planning and saving up activities!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Biloute!
Buen camino!

Wow, This is some solid record keeping! Bravo on the detail Steven.

As for Jersey's comment on cost of living making the Camino more affordable I have to agree 100%. Just being on the camino saves me money over living in Los Angeles where I typically spend twice as much per day just in normal life.

I wanted to do the Camino ever since I learned about it in high school in 1985 but never found the time to go until 2013. I always had money but never had time. There is always something keeping people from doing the great things in life. I support anyone who struggles and fights for a great life goal. Keep it up Biloute!!!!!!!!

IMG_5195.PNG I kind of did the same thing by creating a spreadsheet to keep costs straight. I have other sheets that have itineraries for both France and Spain so we can see when we'd need to be somewhere in order to have enough time to finish. We may end up taking a backpacking tent and camping as much as possible, at least in France, to keep costs down because 9-11€ for the both of us at a campground is a lot cheaper than staying at a gîte.

View attachment 33856 I kind of did the same thing by creating a spreadsheet to keep costs straight. I have other sheets that have itineraries for both France and Spain so we can see when we'd need to be somewhere in order to have enough time to finish. We may end up taking a backpacking tent and camping as much as possible, at least in France, to keep costs down because 9-11€ for the both of us at a campground is a lot cheaper than staying at a gîte.

Nice spreadsheet, just out of curiosity, what program or app were you using? Based on the screenshot I think we might have the same type of phone and I would love to have this kind of program to use when I do my Camino next month.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Nice spreadsheet, just out of curiosity, what program or app were you using? Based on the screenshot I think we might have the same type of phone and I would love to have this kind of program to use when I do my Camino next month.
I used the Numbers app, but did it on my iPad. It's really nice to be able to access my documents from pretty much any device, since you can get to them by logging in to iCloud.com.

I walked with my adult daughter last May/June from Leon to Santiago. We were not on a strict budget and traveled the last 10 of total 19 days in Spain separately. I did not track expenses by category, just by ATM withdrawals and TOTAL (includes occasional taxi/bus, SIM cards, pharmacy supplies, ATM fees, and a few souvenirs plus the basic bed and pilgrim dinners, morning con leche, midday tortilla etc) was just under eu50 per person per day. My first solo Camino in 2005 on the same basis was just below eu30 per day. My 2013 LePuy to Santiago for 74 days was $90 per day including airfares. The Camino is not cheap, but a great value for what the experience is. Although I never 'splurged' I am grateful that I never had to deal with an extremely tight budget. I think that Spain is very doable on $50 per day plus airfare.............................buen Camino........

I used the Numbers app, but did it on my iPad. It's really nice to be able to access my documents from pretty much any device, since you can get to them by logging in to iCloud.com.

Thank you kindly, @biloute, I will start using this right away. I also have an iPad and it'll be great to have this so I can edit/view it across devices and online.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
View attachment 33856 I kind of did the same thing by creating a spreadsheet to keep costs straight. I have other sheets that have itineraries for both France and Spain so we can see when we'd need to be somewhere in order to have enough time to finish. We may end up taking a backpacking tent and camping as much as possible, at least in France, to keep costs down because 9-11€ for the both of us at a campground is a lot cheaper than staying at a gîte.
Thinking about this overnight I must say its difficult to estimate how much you will need to save for a trip two years out.
The airfare alone can swing 40% in either direction.
Also the Euro can easily go up another 25% or down 15%.
Your best bet for now is to save as much as you can.
One strategy I use is start buying Euros a few months before my planned trip. I get a great exchange rate in New York City as they are mostly taken Euros in from the tourists. They want to turn that back into dollars as quick as possible.
As your saving and you see the Euro has gone down you can hedge your bets by buying some Euros. A little at a time.
Good luck

I never considered bean counting to be one of the prerequisites of going on the Camino. This thread has proven me wrong. 50 t0 60 euros per day depending on your airfare. Airfare from most places in the US to Spain and France have been a steady 900 to 1500 RT for years. In the past seven years living in France I have seen the Euro go from parity to 1.30, so be happy at 1.09 today. Enjoy your Camino and stop fretting about the pennies you are spending.

Enjoy your Camino and stop fretting about the pennies you are spending.
Unfortunately if I didn't worry about how much it cost and start budgeting, we could very easily end up falling behind on bills. Not everyone can afford to just take off like that. Just saving is all well and good, but you have to know approximately how much to save and it happens to be a very hefty sum for many, especially with added travel costs.

€83,-
I think that you should count in the fact that you're spending money on food either at home or on the camino. So that cost pretty much washes out.

My 15yo son and I walked for about $50 per day. We stayed at albergues, didn't buy stuff, and mostly cooked our own meals. I could have spent less if I had always cooked, but sometimes we ate out. (We had a wonderful meal in Burgos.) But we eat at home too... and the food in Spain is cheap! So I figure that our main cost was a bed at night-- about 25 Euros.

Transportation was the most expensive. We few out of Toronto to Paris, then took then train down. I live in a small city in the US about 4 hours away from Toronto or NY City. For some reason the airfares are cheaper out of Canada. Airfare was $344 each round trip. There is no way that I would fly out of my own city--it's a bout $500 more per ticket.

I bought a French rail pass for each of us-- it was on sale-- but I'd have to dig up the cost.

7 months earlier air reservation from JFK in NY to Madrid makes us pay for $950 for my wife and me. In addition, air fare from Santiago de Compostela to Madrid is $71 for two of us. We will start the Camino this September: 25 euros/person/day (possibly + 10 euros) in Spain.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
How best to carry money on El Camino and how to exchange US dollars to euros. Does credit card work so as to not carry cash? Hitting the trail in Sept! Thrilled with the opportunity.

How best to carry money on El Camino and how to exchange US dollars to euros. Does credit card work so as to not carry cash? Hitting the trail in Sept! Thrilled with the opportunity.

Keep your US dollars at home
Before you leave get a few hundred euros cash from your bank
Please look up Parador Hotels , these take bank cards , thus Pamea both Spain and France with cities hundreds of years older than your and my country are well versed in the monetary system of bank cards.

Before you leave get a few hundred euros cash from your bank

This is not that easy to do for many Americans, and not cheap, either, depending on where you are. For me, I just use an ATM as soon as I get to Europe, if I don't have any Euros left over from a previous trip. But my bank would have to order Euros for their local branch, which they won't do, so I have few options. Just use common sense and keep your eyes open when using any ATM.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
But my bank would have to order Euros for their local branch, which they won't do, so I have few options. Just use common sense and keep your eyes open when using any ATM.

I answered the question " if credit cards work in Spain/France "
They have been around a while in these places.
I did not know that Banks in areas of the USA do not get foreign money for a small charge for local areas. Can't actually believe they get away with this.
Here we get charged $20 for $500-1000 of any denomination , thus we stay with this bank.
Yes common sense at ATM is paramount plus the knowledge of the "daily " withdrawal amount you are allowed.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

There are a few threads on the forum that go into this in detail. -- I take it you are from the US as you are asking about US dollars. Here is what I did: I took a credit card that does not have fees for foreign transactions. You can call your credit card company and ask them if there is a fee. I took my ATM card as well. The credit card was for large purchases and for emergencies (new hiking shoes, etc.). I used the ATM to get money from the many ATM machines found in almost every village. I got off the plane, I got money from an ATM. I usually get about $200 worth because there is a fee for each transaction. The ATM will ask you what language you would like to use. It will also give you an option on whether to use their exchange rate or your bank's. Choose your bank. I paid for almost everything using cash. But then, I didn't buy much-- food mostly. Because, what you buy, you have to carry. :)

Last edited:
@alexwalker
Nice airtravel site. SFO-MAD round trip 6Sep to 13Oct was $667 on Norwegian--- vs my usual Hipmunk search where Turkish was $807 and TAP $878 as the cheapest. Thank you

@alexwalker
Nice airtravel site. SFO-MAD round trip 6Sep to 13Oct was $667 on Norwegian--- vs my usual Hipmunk search where Turkish was $807 and TAP $878 as the cheapest. Thank you
Norwegian is very hard to beat on price. All new planes (more fuel-effective), clean and good service. Norw.-Ryanair = 2 different worlds.:)

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
@alexwalker, Norwegian depends a lot on where you are. It drives us crazy in FL that it's relatively cheap going to Europe (but still not as cheap as flying them from CA--go figure), but usually crazy expensive coming back. I often fly Norwegian over and Iceland Air returning, because they are cheap from Europe to the US but not the other way. Go figure.

There are a few threads on the forum that go into this in detail. -- I take it you are from the US as you are asking about US dollars. Here is what I did: I took a credit card that does not have fees for foreign transactions. You can call your credit card company and ask them if there is a fee. I took my ATM card as well. The credit card was for large purchases and for emergencies (new hiking shoes, etc.). I used the ATM to get money from the many ATM machines found in almost every village. I got off the plane, I got money from an ATM. I usually get about $200 worth because there is a fee for each transaction. The ATM will ask you what language you would like to use. It will also give you an option on whether to use their exchange rate or your bank's. Choose your bank. I paid for almost everything using cash. But then, I didn't buy much-- food mostly. Because, what you buy, you have to carry. :)
@alexwalker, Norwegian depends a lot on where you are. It drives us crazy in FL that it's relatively cheap going to Europe (but still not as cheap as flying them from CA--go figure), but usually crazy expensive coming back. I often fly Norwegian over and Iceland Air returning, because they are cheap from Europe to the US but not the other way. Go figure.
This is exactly what I was looking for

I got curious and just priced out airfare. There was a low (to me) fare just under $900, but apparently only one before jumping to $1200. Honestly, it would be just as or more expensive to take Amtrak to another city, and WAY more of a hassle. We live near the Charleston airport. And Amtrak is ridiculous for what they offer. Super slow and very expensive, considering that to be able to sleep on one of their trains I'd have to purchase a ticket for a sleeper cabin. I can't sleep sitting up.

I use http://matrix.itasoftware.com to compare airfares; one can vary dates, departure and arrival cities, length of trip, and more. The costs given include fees and taxes.

We use Amtrak, and get tickets and sometimes sleepers using the amtrak points gotten using a credit card. It works that way. I wish trains were better in the US but congress has been killing them off by giving them no funding. :(

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In France it would be a shame not to budget some genuine French restaurant experiences. Don't go that far and miss what the place is famous for. Shorten the trip if needed but make the experience more complete.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back