A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Camino Days - Part 3

BrienC

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés, July 2015
Via de la Plata/Camino Sanabrés, Oct/Nov 2016
Café con leche: Without caffeine, senses still dull from the early hour and the many kilometers behind, legs heavy, the pilgrim finds the Camino markings of yellow arrows and scallop shells in the early light and seeks out breakfast, but more importantly, café con leche. And too, maybe, a croissant or better still, a slice of Spanish omelet. We awaken.

Camino(s) past & future
Café con leche: Without caffeine, senses still dull from the early hour and the many kilometers behind, legs heavy, the pilgrim finds the Camino markings of yellow arrows and scallop shells in the early light and seeks out breakfast, but more importantly, café con leche. And too, maybe, a croissant or better still, a slice of Spanish omelet. We awaken.
And dont forget the Churros.

BrienC

Camino(s) past & future
Churros, or better known as, Spanish donuts ;-)

A

Anemone del Camino

Not found very pften, if at all until you hit Santiago, and the ones I had there were cooked in an iol that had a bd taste. Mind you, I did see them once on the Primitivo, in a little bar in O'Cavado.

Alan Pearce

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones 2008, del Norte 2009, VdlP 2011, Ingles 2014, Camino de Madri 2015, Frances 2017
Not found very pften, if at all until you hit Santiago, and the ones I had there were cooked in an iol that had a bd taste. Mind you, I did see them once on the Primitivo, in a little bar in O'Cavado.
I had them, with hot chocolate, in Ponferada last year. It took me all day to walk them off.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
You get out early and nobody else anywhere is even thinking about moving yet, just another thirty winks time but you and the other pilgrims are facing 1). a seven kilometer walk towards a cafe/bar which Brierley says is open 2). a plastic cup of something vile dispensed from a machine in a converted storeroom/garage. The machine claims this to be coffee but usualy it has the taste of something quite confusing, not coffee not the hot chocolate that someone had justg before you, not a mixture, only confusing. Caffeine? Forget it!

peregrina2000

Staff member
You get out early and nobody else anywhere is even thinking about moving yet, just another thirty winks time but you and the other pilgrims are facing 1). a seven kilometer walk towards a cafe/bar which Brierley says is open 2). a plastic cup of something vile dispensed from a machine in a converted storeroom/garage. The machine claims this to be coffee but usualy it has the taste of something quite confusing, not coffee not the hot chocolate that someone had justg before you, not a mixture, only confusing. Caffeine? Forget it!
So that is why, dear friend, the electric coil is a lifesaver. :D

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/the-electric-coil-changed-my-life-on-the-camino.19167/

BrienC

Camino(s) past & future
Ran into that concoction in Cirauqui one morning. You describe it perfectly Scruffy. I gotta get me an immersion coil.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
BrienC Camino Frances 0
BrienC Camino Frances 0
BrienC Camino Frances 0
BrienC Camino Frances 4
BrienC Camino Frances 0

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 37 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 132 15.5%
  • May

Votes: 204 24.0%