• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino in September and October 2015

K-dor

Time of past OR future Camino
Fall 2015will be my first Camino
Hello Everyone!
This will be my first time doing the Camino. I am looking forward to doing some soul searching, meeting great people, and seeing some amazing sights.

If you have ever done the camino in the September and October months I would love to hear of any advice for that time.

Let me know if you are going to be going on the Camino during that time too.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
... If you have ever done the camino in the September and October months I would love to hear of any advice for that time.

Perhaps the best time of the year to do it! The mega-crowds are over, but the weather is usually still fine but mostly not too hot any more. Buen Camino, SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello Everyone!
This will be my first time doing the Camino. I am looking forward to doing some soul searching, meeting great people, and seeing some amazing sights.

If you have ever done the camino in the September and October months I would love to hear of any advice for that time.

I am going 3rd week of Sept/all of October (allowing some rest days). Want to be at Santiago de Compostela Cathedral on Nov 2 for a very significant birthday! It's a walk through my life :>) Buen Camino

Here is the weather chart I made for myself from last September in planning my trip. It is in F and based upon Leon since that is what I understand. I'll be starting on September 4th.
Chart.jpg

This is great; I know things can change, but it's a good temp overview; I wonder about rain during Sept/Oct…….

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I should be leaving from SJPP on or about the 24th of september . I arrive in Biaritz on the 20th and will walk the Voie de la Nive to SJPP. Buen Camino

I am going 3rd week of Sept/all of October (allowing some rest days). Want to be at Santiago de Compostela Cathedral on Nov 2 for a very significant birthday! It's a walk through my life :>) Buen Camino
I am sure our paths will cross, then! I start walking 1 October. My only parameter on the far end is the flight from Madrid back to the states 14 November.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Everyone!

Hello and welcome, my wife thid her Camino from SJPdP in late August and September 2013. It was not so crowded and the temperature was nice to. She had only 1 day of rain. She had grate time .And that Is what I wish for you on the Camino .Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

I too will be walking part of Sept, all of Oct and a few days in Nov. This my first time to do the pilgrimage….I should be leaving St. Jean approx Sept 24. It's my favourite time of year, just about anywhere, but this certainly makes even more special. Also, a significant birthday Nov 2…wish you Buen Camino. Perhaps see you on the trail...

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Everyone!

Let me know if you are going to be going on the Camino during that time too.[/QUOTE

Hi everyone

I have walked twice in September/October, beautiful sunshine the last 2 years. Warmer than I expected but cooler in the morning and after dark so need to cover all eventualities. I will take warm hat and gloves, will get cooler as weeks go by. I was very lucky with rain, none to speak of till last 2 days before Santiago, I think there is ALWAYS rain in Galicia!

Will start walking on the 19th and staying at Orisson this time. I was really lucky and met several Forum members on both trips
Hope to meet some of you on the way. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any specific questions?
Buen Camino!

Sarah

Hi everyone I have been lucky enough to walk the last two years in September/October.
Warmer than I expected, beautiful and sunny most days, cooler mornings and after dark, I will be taking warm hat and light gloves.
I was really luck with rain, none to speak of till 2 days before Santiago.
Staring my walk 19th September this year and will stay at Orisson this time.

Buen camino

Sarah

Hello Everyone!

hi K-dor
I am very much looking forward to the camino
arrive in paris-sjdp sept 18.have to the 3 nov to finish
look forward to the best part of any trek.eating,drinking,chating with anyone I can find
troy from oz

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
hi K-dor
look forward to the best part of any trek.eating,drinking,chating with anyone I can find
troy from oz
Hi Troy, I start from StJdP until Sept 25 or 26 and am giving myself until Nov 2nd. This my first also. I do wish you Buen Camino. I'm sure you'll meet and make many friends. As much as I also look forward to meeting and sharing with many on the trail, I do enjoy the alone walk as well.

hi K-dor
troy from oz

Hi Troy! I'm going to Orisson on the 19th its nice to finally see that someone will be there around the time I will,the calendar seems a bit bare at the moment! No doubt it will pick up September has been a very popular month the last two years. However not all the pilgrims are on this Forum?
Any questions just ask everyone here is so helpful.

Buen Camino :)
Sarah

I should be leaving from SJPP on or about the 24th of september . I arrive in Biaritz on the 20th and will walk the Voie de la Nive to SJPP. Buen Camino

Good evening,
I plan to arrive in Biarritz , walk to St.Jean also. Is there a guide book available ?
Buen Camino
Cliff

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good evening,
I plan to arrive in Biarritz , walk to St.Jean also. Is there a guide book available ?
Buen Camino
Cliff

For earlier Forum info on the Voie de Nive see this thread. For a useful French site on the Voie de Nive route to SJPdP see this link.

Bon chemin and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Wasn't sure what thread this question belongs to, but a question. I inquired about a reservation at the Roncesvalles Albergue listed on the guide that went out a short time ago. Because I am only a month into my Spanish lessons, I'm having to use Google Translate which is great but... are folks who are using their credit card information for reservations receiving on-line receipts??

Lots of excitement here as just this week I have received confirmation of Sept 4 , 2015 at Bellari in SJPDP and Sept 5, 2015 at Orisson!!!
This will be my second Camino and this time my wife will be hiking with me (or I with her)!!!
This will be her first time on the Camino having just recently retired. Look forward to meeting new people and being part of a family or two.

Ed

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Lots of excitement here as just this week I have received confirmation of Sept 4 , 2015 at Bellari in SJPDP and Sept 5, 2015 at Orisson!!!
This will be my second Camino and this time my wife will be hiking with me (or I with her)!!!
This will be her first time on the Camino having just recently retired. Look forward to meeting new people and being part of a family or two.

Ed
My dates are a bit later in September. I haven't heard back from Orisson yet, but I did hear from the Albergue at Roncesvalles. If I may ask, did you pay by credit card and if so, do they e-mail receipts? I sent the question out earlier but haven't seen any alerts, so nice to see yours…..

My dates are a bit later in September. I haven't heard back from Orisson yet, but I did hear from the Albergue at Roncesvalles. If I may ask, did you pay by credit card and if so, do they e-mail receipts? I sent the question out earlier but haven't seen any alerts, so nice to see yours…..
Hello Maggie!!

For Orisson I used pay pal (credit card) and I have a receipt email in euros. For Belarri they did not require pre payment from me. I just need to confirm my reservation two days before arrival which is the same as last year. Hope this helps you.
Ed

Hello Maggie!!

For Orisson I used pay pal (credit card) and I have a receipt email in euros. For Belarri they did not require pre payment from me. I just need to confirm my reservation two days before arrival which is the same as last year. Hope this helps you.
Ed
Very helpful indeed; thanks Ed and Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Maggie, I think the reason you didn't get many responses is that many/most people don't book in advance beyond their first day or two? Some places only take a reservation and prefer cash on arrival? if you use Booking.com for example you either pay by cash or card when you arrive, they always take your card details and will charge if you don't cancel 24hrs in advance.
Orisson is a horse of a different colour! I believe the system has changed recently and I have just booked for the first time this year. I filled in the form that was offered and there were no bank details requested, I believe its normal for Orisson to take a week to respond to your request but I didn't wait that long I found the e-mail address and got a response the next day and then was asked for bank details and yes I did receive an electronic receipt from Jean-Jacques.
Are you planning to book most of your accommodation in advance? Many pilgrims seem to prefer the freedom of walking as far as they want and then seeking shelter? In busy periods some do ring a day ahead if they know where they plan to stay because they are booking in order to send on their pack? I was injured last year and had to do this a couple of times and I found it much easier than I expected, never paid in advance just reserved a bed and paid on arrival, mostly by cash but by card in a city, Leon.
Hope this helps?
Sarah

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Maggie, I think the reason you didn't get many responses is that many/most people don't book in advance beyond their first day or two? Some places only take a reservation and prefer cash on arrival? if you use Booking.com for example you either pay by cash or card when you arrive, they always take your card details and will charge if you don't cancel 24hrs in advance.
Orisson is a horse of a different colour! I believe the system has changed recently and I have just booked for the first time this year. I filled in the form that was offered and there were no bank details requested, I believe its normal for Orisson to take a week to respond to your request but I didn't wait that long I found the e-mail address and got a response the next day and then was asked for bank details and yes I did receive an electronic receipt from Jean-Jacques.
Are you planning to book most of your accommodation in advance? Many pilgrims seem to prefer the freedom of walking as far as they want and then seeking shelter? In busy periods some do ring a day ahead if they know where they plan to stay because they are booking in order to send on their pack? I was injured last year and had to do this a couple of times and I found it much easier than I expected, never paid in advance just reserved a bed and paid on arrival, mostly by cash but by card in a city, Leon.
Hope this helps?
Sarah
Hi Sarah, Thanks for your message. NO, I only wanted reservations for Orisson & Roncesvalles. I definitely want to freedom as others do, to seek as I need. It's just that Orisson is getting so busy now, I wanted to know that there would be a bed, especially after the Pyenees:>). Very helpful and many thanks. Maggie

Hi everyone.

When your walking the Grand Châtenet section just south of Saint Jean d'Angely and pass a hairy faced bloke wearing a leather hat walking a white border collie say hi for I walk around there every day, twice a day.

My start date on Camino Frances is Sept. 3 out of St. Jean Pied de Port. The members of this forum just helped my pack load get smaller. Great Forum. See you on the road. Mooncat

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
My start date on Camino Frances is Sept. 3 out of St. Jean Pied de Port. The members of this forum just helped my pack load get smaller. Great Forum. See you on the road. Mooncat
I'll be about three weeks behind you…..glad you got your pack sorted out (so to speak). I'm working on mine now. My mantra; less is lighter. I have a 36L Osprey. It will be more than enough. Wish you Buen Camino

I'll be leaving SJPdP on September 7th. I hope to see everyone along the way!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
That is awesome! Beuno Camino!

hi K-dor
troy from oz
Hello Troy, I am also looking forward to the Camino. How are you getting from Paris to SJPP? I am trying to figure out the best way... I am hoping to catch a couple of harvesting festivals along the way! :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi everyone I have been lucky enough to walk the last two years in September/October.
Warmer than I expected, beautiful and sunny most days, cooler mornings and after dark, I will be taking warm hat and light gloves.
I was really luck with rain, none to speak of till 2 days before Santiago.
Staring my walk 19th September this year and will stay at Orisson this time.

Buen camino

Sarah
Thank you Sarah. Just wondering if you got your Camino Passport and other items in St. Jean de Pied? Also are their any other tips I need to know other than packing wise? Should I book my Auberges in SJPP already?

Hello Troy, I am also looking forward to the Camino. How are you getting from Paris to SJPP? I am trying to figure out the best way... I am hoping to catch a couple of harvesting festivals along the way! :)
hi K-dor
I;m arriving in Paris 18th sep 5.45 am then taking the direct train from Montparnasse rail station to Bayonne at 10.22 am.however there are trains from about 7.20 am which is also direct to Bayonne with 2 inbetween that have 1 transfer plus more after noon.my only concern is getting from CDG to Montparnasse but as I have nearly 5 hours spare I;m not to concerned.there is a rail option from CDG to Montparnasse which takes roughly 1.15 hours for not much or a private transfer for about 70 euros.
hope this helps
regards Troy

PS please excuse any speling mistakes I;m just hom from a parrty

Thank you Sarah. Just wondering if you got your Camino Passport and other items in St. Jean de Pied? Also are their any other tips I need to know other than packing wise? Should I book my Auberges in SJPP already?

Hi @K-dor,
Yes I would recommend you book in St Jean, September is very busy, not all of the pilgrims going are on this forum, there will be many more and you will have peace of mind. See my avatar? That was where I stayed my first night, changed hands now. I was Sooo excited! If you want to stay in Orisson you must book as the number of places are restricted.
Last time I did get my Credencial in St Jean at the Pilgrim's office but this time I have already purchased one from Ivar on this forum and its lovely. Personal preference really.
If you don't have a poncho that covers your backpack you could get one in St Jean at the shop just down from the pilgrim office and if you want a simple lightweight wooden pole there are several shops where you can buy.
Most of your stuff should be tried and tested before you go, pack your bag, weigh it and start training with your bag now! For Packing Tips etc I can recommend our own @S Y Yates book by the same name.
Sunscreen and hat with a peak are essential for me, but the most important thing of all is that your shoes and socks are as comfortable as they can possibly be. I took boots the first time, too hot, my feet swelled after 8 days and then the blisters came, not many but painful nonetheless. I like thin socks, woolen don't work for me, I'm more a sports/running sock fan.

I had the most amazing time on the camino, you will love it. Everyone helps each other and they even show genuine loving care to anyone who needs it. This is why I'm drawn back a third time and quite possibly will always spend sometime on the camino every year? I look forward to retiring when I can do the whole thing in a 'oner'.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions, I'd be pleased to answer them if I can. :)
Buen Camino!
Sarah:)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi @K-dor,
Yes I would recommend you book in St Jean, September is very busy, not all of the pilgrims going are on this forum, there will be many more and you will have peace of mind. See my avatar? That was where I stayed my first night, changed hands now. I was Sooo excited! If you want to stay in Orisson you must book as the number of places are restricted.
Last time I did get my Credencial in St Jean at the Pilgrim's office but this time I have already purchased one from Ivar on this forum and its lovely. Personal preference really.
If you don't have a poncho that covers your backpack you could get one in St Jean at the shop just down from the pilgrim office and if you want a simple lightweight wooden pole there are several shops where you can buy.
Most of your stuff should be tried and tested before you go, pack your bag, weigh it and start training with your bag now! For Packing Tips etc I can recommend our own @S Y Yates book by the same name.
Sunscreen and hat with a peak are essential for me, but the most important thing of all is that your shoes and socks are as comfortable as they can possibly be. I took boots the first time, too hot, my feet swelled after 8 days and then the blisters came, not many but painful nonetheless. I like thin socks, woolen don't work for me, I'm more a sports/running sock fan.

I had the most amazing time on the camino, you will love it. Everyone helps each other and they even show genuine loving care to anyone who needs it. This is why I'm drawn back a third time and quite possibly will always spend sometime on the camino every year? I look forward to retiring when I can do the whole thing in a 'oner'.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions, I'd be pleased to answer them if I can. :)
Buen Camino!
This is excellent suggestions!!!! Good write Up!!!

Hi @K-dor,

Buen Camino!
Where did you book in St. Jean? I will be there Sept 23 and would to ensure a room/bed. One of the shops gave me a referral, but I can't find it. Thanks. Maggie

Where did you book in St. Jean? I will be there Sept 23 and would to ensure a room/bed. One of the shops gave me a referral, but I can't find it. Thanks. Maggie

My avatar is L'Espirit du Chemin which is now Beilari, right opposite Pilgrim's Office, lovely place you will meet fellow walkers at the communal dinner. When I was there the hosts were dutch but the default language for introductions was English. Had breakfast too and they supplied a baguette filled with lovely savoury herb omlette for the journey. I'm sure the current hosts are just as good as the previous? Very easy to book not like Orisson where you used to have to wait a week for a reply.
I have decided this time to stay at Gite Ultreia, last time my partner was with me and this time I will go alone and would like to try some different places. Some alberges however were wonderful and will make extra effort to return to a certain few.
Buen Camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My avatar is L'Espirit du Chemin which is now Beilari, right opposite Pilgrim's Office, lovely place you will meet fellow walkers at the communal dinner. When I was there the hosts were dutch but the default language for introductions was English. Had breakfast too and they supplied a baguette filled with lovely savoury herb omlette for the journey. I'm sure the current hosts are just as good as the previous? Very easy to book not like Orisson where you used to have to wait a week for a reply.
I have decided this time to stay at Gite Ultreia, last time my partner was with me and this time I will go alone and would like to try some different places. Some alberges however were wonderful and will make extra effort to return to a certain few.
Buen Camino
Sarah, thanks so much. Do they have a web site for contact info? Do you know if they will reserve with PayPay? Maggie

Sarah, thanks so much. Do they have a web site for contact info? Do you know if they will reserve with PayPay? Maggie
They will reserve no problem, I think I paid on arrival, it was 2 years ago, but not sure about the new owners? I didn't realise but I was at L'Espirit du Chemins very last night before they closed for the season and then as it turns out they moved to another Alberge at Vezlay.
I just googled Beilari and Gite Ultreia and they both give details of how to book and pay usually by Debit or Credit card. Beilari is more expensive as its quite an iconic place to stay. Ultreia I think may not provide an evening meal?
Sorry I'm a bit of a tech dinosaur and I can't seem to provide a link here???
Sarah

€60,-
They will reserve no problem, I think I paid on arrival, it was 2 years ago, but not sure about the new owners? I didn't realise but I was at L'Espirit du Chemins very last night before they closed for the season and then as it turns out they moved to another Alberge at Vezlay.
I just googled Beilari and Gite Ultreia and they both give details of how to book and pay usually by Debit or Credit card. Beilari is more expensive as its quite an iconic place to stay. Ultreia I think may not provide an evening meal?
Sorry I'm a bit of a tech dinosaur and I can't seem to provide a link here???
Sarah
Hi Sarah, I just tried 'Beilari' through booking.com and got nothing, so I'll try again…many thanks.

Hi Sarah, I just tried 'Beilari' through booking.com and got nothing, so I'll try again…many thanks.
Ah, no I just googled the went to website. :)

Buen Camino
Hi Griffin, I stayed at Beilari last May and it was wonderful. What a marvelous way to start my Camino!!!! So good, that I have reservations for wife and I this Sept as well. Buen Camino.. Ed

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Griffin, I stayed at Beilari last May and it was wonderful. What a marvelous way to start my Camino!!!! So good, that I have reservations for wife and I this Sept as well. Buen Camino.. Ed
I was so excited and quite overwhelmed, you can't quite see in my profile pic but there were tears of joy right there.
If you are going to stay in Zubiri I can recommend El palo de Avellano (The Hazel Stick.) My son advised me not to go to Larrasona but I think there is a new Alberge there?

Ah, no I just googled the went to website. :)
Hi Sarah, I just received confirmation from 'Beilari', but I just want to be sure that this is the one known as L'Esprit du Chemin? They wrote to tell me they have made my reservation for Sept 24, and they don't require pre-payment; just to confirm arrival date/time two days prior. It still shows Beilari on their email letterhead and Gite du Chem in tiny letters underneath. I couldn't give them a very accurate arrival time on Sept 24, because I have no idea how long the car ride from the Corzon Puro albergue will take. These are the folks who will pick me up at the Pamplona train station, then I dine with them and spend the night of Sep0t 23rd (with other pilgrims I'm sure). They only said their Albergue is on the Camino trail; not in Pamplona. I'm rambling; sorry about that.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello Everyone!

Hi. I'm leaving SJPDP on 5 September. Hopefully our paths will cross

Hi Sarah, I just received confirmation from 'Beilari', but I just want to be sure that this is the one known as L'Esprit du Chemin? They wrote to tell me they have made my reservation for Sept 24, and they don't require pre-payment; just to confirm arrival date/time two days prior. It still shows Beilari on their email letterhead and Gite du Chem in tiny letters underneath. I couldn't give them a very accurate arrival time on Sept 24, because I have no idea how long the car ride from the Corzon Puro albergue will take. These are the folks who will pick me up at the Pamplona train station, then I dine with them and spend the night of Sep0t 23rd (with other pilgrims I'm sure). They only said their Albergue is on the Camino trail; not in Pamplona. I'm rambling; sorry about that.

It WAS L'Espirit du Chemin until 2 years ago and Is NOW Beilari! An iconic Alberge, I didn't realise at the time but when they closed in 2013 they would not be re-opening as L'Espirit but had changed hands and name to Beilari. The original hosts had set over 10,000 perigrinos on their way. I understand the place is being looked after just as well as before.They don't mind what time you arrive but prefer if you can make it in time for the communal dinner.

:D:D Don't worry about rambling ..... you're in for quite a bit of that!
Buen Camino
Sarah

Hello Everyone!

Hello, My first time too. I should arrive in SJPDP on Tuesday September 8th. I'm ready to go. May our paths cross along THE WAY.

hi K-dor
I;m arriving in Paris 18th sep 5.45 am then taking the direct train from Montparnasse rail station to Bayonne at 10.22 am.however there are trains from about 7.20 am which is also direct to Bayonne with 2 inbetween that have 1 transfer plus more after noon.my only concern is getting from CDG to Montparnasse but as I have nearly 5 hours spare I;m not to concerned.there is a rail option from CDG to Montparnasse which takes roughly 1.15 hours for not much or a private transfer for about 70 euros.
hope this helps
regards Troy

PS please excuse any speling mistakes I;m just hom from a parrty
Thank you Troy, this helps alot. I wasn't sure how to get down and what train to use. I appreciate all the help. Hope to see you on the Camino.
God bless,
Karen

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi @K-dor,

Buen Camino!
Thank you Sarah for all the help. I was just wondering if L'Esprit du Chemin is in St. Jean Pied de Port?
I am trying to find a good auberges in SJPP. It looks like the hostel you mentioned is in a town called Vazaley.
Thanks for all your help.

Thank you Sarah for all the help. I was just wondering if L'Esprit du Chemin is in St. Jean Pied de Port?
I am trying to find a good auberges in SJPP. It looks like the hostel you mentioned is in a town called Vazaley.
Thanks for all your help.

Hi, L'Espirit du Chemin was in St Jean, now in Vezlay, it changed hands 2 years ago and is now called BEILARI, in St Jean. Still the same beautiful alberge almost directly opposite the Pilgrim's Office. The hosts like you to have communal dinner where you will meet many perigrinos that you may walk with on the camino. Very easy to book, reserve a bed, confirm 2 days before and pay on arrival. All in English on their website. You can have breakfast and order a packed lunch if you wish. I don't think you will find any place better to start your camino.

I will be staying this time at Gite Ultreia, another well known alberge, just want to try some different places this time. Last time I was with a partner, this time just me so doing things a little differently, like staying in Orisson, I passed right by last time and felt like I rushed the Pyrenees. Taking my time this time.

No matter where you choose all along the camino you will have an amazing experience. The one Alberge I will always go to is Granon, its special in its own unique way.
Buen camino
Sarah

Hello Everyone!

K-Dor you might consider posting your dates to Sarah's thread 2015 September/October Peregrinos
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/2015-september-october-pilgrims.34666/#post-317724

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

I will be starting the Camino on Sept. 24. I am really looking forward to the journey and meeting many of the people I've been reading about. Buen Camino!

Hello Everyone!

Hi guys,
I will be doing my second Camino from Saint Jean starting 4th September - hope to continue to Finisterre this year as left myself short on time last year. I did it in October last year and it was very pleasant - very warm by day but cool after sunset ? I only had three days of rain but it was very heavy! Watch out for the Irish flag and say hello! Buen Camino

Hi guys,
I will be doing my second Camino from Saint Jean starting 4th September - hope to continue to Finisterre this year as left myself short on time last year. I did it in October last year and it was very pleasant - very warm by day but cool after sunset ? I only had three days of rain but it was very heavy! Watch out for the Irish flag and say hello! Buen Camino

Welcome and Buen Camino! I will be watching for the flag but I will be three days behind you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I will start in St. Jean Sept 25…...
Hello Maggie, I leave St Jean on the 25th as well (arriving in the morning from Bayonne) & I'm booked in at Orrison on the night of 25th, so I'll keep an eye out for you. Buen Camino!

Hello Everyone!

Hi K-dor, I leave St Jean on 25th Sept. Hope to meet you on the Way. Buen Camino!

Hello Maggie, I leave St Jean on the 25th as well (arriving in the morning from Bayonne) & I'm booked in at Orrison on the night of 25th, so I'll keep an eye out for you. Buen Camino!
I'm booked in St. Jean for Sept 24 because I'm purchasing my poles and poncho there, so leave 25th and likewise, I'm booked at Orrison that night. I'll definitely keep an eye out. Where are you from? Maggie

Hey!

Ill be starting my Camino on sept 14th from stj. Haven't arranged an Auberge yet for the first evening have you or anyone you know?

Buen Camino!

Hey!

Ill be starting my Camino on sept 14th from stj. Haven't arranged an Auberge yet for the first evening have you or anyone you know?

Buen Camino!
Hi Antonio, I'm a newbie at this, but once you leave St. Jean, your first night could be Orrison, or if you walk further, it would be Roncesvalles. Many do both. I did make a reservation in Orrison, because I'm an oldie and I don't want to push it. After that, I have no reservations along the way. I'm still not sure how to plug in a link, but the info for the Albergue in Orisson is refuge.orrison@wanadoo.fr. I do wish you a Buen Camino! Maggie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will leave SJPDP on Tuesday 15th Sep. I have emailed Orisson multiple times for a bed that first night, but no reply.
I know that their email contact list appear to have been hacked as spam emails have been coming from there, but unfortunately no proper response. Any ideas?

I will leave SJPDP on Tuesday 15th Sep. I have emailed Orisson multiple times for a bed that first night, but no reply.
I know that their email contact list appear to have been hacked as spam emails have been coming from there, but unfortunately no proper response. Any ideas?
Hi, give them a call, someone there speaks English. It is currently about 10:40 am there now. Jill

Phone: 00 33 559491303
Mobile : 00 33 681497956

Hello Everyone!

Hola!.
We will be in Sarria on around September 12 or 13.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Here is the weather chart I made for myself from last September in planning my trip. It is in F and based upon Leon since that is what I understand. I'll be starting on September 4th.
Chart.jpg
HI,WldWil. The tmp in the chart would be F, right? I Converted into C and see the tmp is perfectly fit for me!!

Hi Jun Meng,

You are correct. When I made the chart, it was for my own personal use, so I used the temperature I am most familiar with. I hope it has been useful for others now as well.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back