A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Camino Primitivo - An Alternate Route

GuyA

Camino(s) past & future
Jacobi 13, Gebennensis 13, Le Puy 13, Frances 14, Finisterre 14, Kumano Kodo 15, Portuguese 18
My Camino is a little different and I will admit totally silly...however I am in need of something to keep my mind off of so many serious issues. I saw an article about a young guy in France who ran a marathon on his 23 ft balcony...took him 6 hours as relief from the current situation.

I was to walk the Camino Primitivo starting May 10th of this year...clearly not possible. My wife and I decided to self isolate for 14 days last Thursday sooo...I thought why not walk the 310 km Camino Primitivo over 13 days, while in self isolation, on the 29 ft deck in the backyard.

Day 6 complete...about 150 kms walked... Added each day to my blog www.caminolongwalk.blogspot.com. If someone is looking for something serious this isn't the place to find it...if someone wants to look for something totally goofy, silly, many would say stupid you may find something there. Consider it simply something to do in these tough times.

So looking forward to the open Camino pilgrim trails...whenever that is possible.

Guy

Micksy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Primitivo December 2019
Am in my caravan in west Kerry Ireland and planning my Camino primotivo for autumn 2020.
Spending my time Learning Spanish, Walking , and learning Tai Chi. I wish to extend my love to All members of the Camino forum
Jim

Kiwi-family

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Past: (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)-Frances, Baztan, San Salvador, Primitivo, Fisterra,VdlP, Madrid
Guy I've been reading every day - hope you remembered to get the icecream just after the dam.

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino in 2020
Am in my caravan in west Kerry Ireland and planning my Camino primotivo for autumn 2020.
Spending my time Learning Spanish, Walking , and learning Tai Chi. I wish to extend my love to All members of the Camino forum
Jim
Sounds calm. I’m walking and learning Spanish, maybe I should add Tai Chi. I am spending a lot of time fighting off brambles in one of our little valleys!

Martin Cole

Love being a pilgrim walker
Camino(s) past & future
2015-2019 French x3 Portugese x2 Primitivo x1 English x1, Muxia x1 Cancelled 2020!!
I flew home from walking the Primitivo this day last year. It was a great walk, a little hard in places but worth it. I could have share some pics to give you something head for each day. haha
Reall I was just going to write well done! Plus it must be nice to turn up at you home and your own bed each day!!

Martin Cole

Love being a pilgrim walker
Camino(s) past & future
2015-2019 French x3 Portugese x2 Primitivo x1 English x1, Muxia x1 Cancelled 2020!!
Don't forget to stop on Melide for a plate of pulpo and a cold beer!

Mike Blackard

Camino(s) past & future
CF -Sept.-Oct 2018 , CF Aug- Oct 2019
(CF or VdlP summer/fall 2020)
Good on ya mate! Keep going! but.... after 14 days of solitude and not showing any symptoms, does not make it safe to resume your life and enjoy fellow humans. You won't know what their status is for sure until no one else is getting sick for at least two weeks. So if someone starts to show symptoms on April 15, and self isolates at that time, it is possible that he was exposed on April 1 or later, and anyone he comes in contact with prior to self isolating, is also potentially now exposed. So I think we should all be thinking of staying put longer. Hey, more opportunity to wear a real path on your deck! Buen camino

GuyA

Camino(s) past & future
Jacobi 13, Gebennensis 13, Le Puy 13, Frances 14, Finisterre 14, Kumano Kodo 15, Portuguese 18
Good on ya mate! Keep going! but.... after 14 days of solitude and not showing any symptoms, does not make it safe to resume your life and enjoy fellow humans. You won't know what their status is for sure until no one else is getting sick for at least two weeks. So if someone starts to show symptoms on April 15, and self isolates at that time, it is possible that he was exposed on April 1 or later, and anyone he comes in contact with prior to self isolating, is also potentially now exposed. So I think we should all be thinking of staying put longer. Hey, more opportunity to wear a real path on your deck! Buen camino
No question after end of 14 day period I will be very careful...once a week grocery shopping at seniors hour only! Social distancing all the way! This new behaviour will be required for months I expect allowing us to get through this very difficult time safely and get back to the Camino!

GuyA

Camino(s) past & future
That place on the left, overlooking the dam? With the dog on the other side of the wall? Nice patio and what a view!
I cannot wait for my ice cream and have it on that patio with a view!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock