• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino with broken toe

RebecaAtlast

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 working on plan
Starting our camino from pamplona on 28th. We were meant to start on 11th but my friend broke her toe so we pushed start date out. She's adament to go. Any advice

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Starting our camino from pamplona on 28th. We were meant to start on 11th but my friend broke her toe so we pushed start date out. She's adament to go. Any advice

Hello and welcome here.

To answer your question: whatever the doctor says, as long as he or she is fully informed about the plans.

What @MinaKamina said and try walking a reasonable distance before you go, preferably with a backpack on. Then listen to your companion's body.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
+1, get the medica advice and see what the orthopedic consultant says.
Walking the Camino with a broken toe that has not fully healed is a recipe for disaster, both short term (a ruined painful miserable experience) and long term with lifelong issues with that toe.
There's always next year

I had a hairline fracture in my 5th metatarsal 8 weeks before we left to hike the Portuguese Camino, from Lisbon to Santiago. I swam and rode a stationary bike to continue my training and wore Altra Lone Peaks when it came time to walk. I used my poles and I always wore my supportive Altras ( not sandals) even in the evening when walking on the cobblestones to get to dinner. I did great. No pain! Just listen to your body and your doctor!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
It depends what toe. If it's the smallest one, she might get away with taping it firmly to its neighbor. But the big one? Just no. Let it heal.
My sad experience of walking and running for six weeks on a broken big toe was and is terrible - lots of pain at the time and now 30 years after the initial idiocy there's bad arthritis and a knob of a frozen joint . Not to mention that the size of the joint makes most shoes unwearable. It hurts to be confined and is a terrible blister magnet. The camino will wait.

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...
Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back