• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Class of 2016

Angel, I am praying for you. May God give you wisdom in all your decisions. I am hoping to go on the Primitivo in May. My first Camino at age 60!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I don't have an app...maybe I should get one! I got it from an online source. Www.datecountdown.com. It's fun to see how much time I've got left. I'm playing with the packing list. It really sounds like too much stuff when it's all on paper.

I don't have an app...maybe I should get one! I got it from an online source. Www.datecountdown.com. It's fun to see how much time I've got left. I'm playing with the packing list. It really sounds like too much stuff when it's all on paper.

Oh my goodness...that packing list is going to drive you bonkers...but, it's all part of the fun! Thanks for the link! Here is the revised time stamp:
250 : 03 : 36 : 10
Days Hours Minutes Seconds

Which, by the way, means you will be in Logrono when I plan to arrive - 7 days later!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Planning to start walking from St-Jean-Pied-de-Port sometime in November. 2016 is so far away...!
Salut Ottawa123,
I have done Camino Frances in November 2013.... it was awesome and had really nice weather. A bit of snow near Alto del Pardon, and some near zero temps on mornings for bout a week, but for the rest, just amazing time to walk.Questions, let me know.... Cheers, Dan

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Well, it's getting more and more official! We have purchased our tickets and plan to start the Camino Frances leaving from St Jean PdP on the morning of May 24, 2016. We plan to take it slow doing only 10 miles (16 km) per day. We're already training. My co-worker and her spouse completed the CF in late June this year and have been a wonderful resource for us.

Well, it's getting more and more official! We have purchased our tickets and plan to start the Camino Frances leaving from St Jean PdP on the morning of May 24, 2016. We plan to take it slow doing only 10 miles (16 km) per day. We're already training. My co-worker and her spouse completed the CF in late June this year and have been a wonderful resource for us.

That is exciting...Buen Camino!

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Who among you is willing to acknowledge you're a member of the class of 2016?
Buen Camino
Arn
Just booked airfare from US to Madrid for end of April. It is incredibly low. Two round trip tickets for the price I paid for one on 2012.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi, you will do fine. The 24th of May is a special day , you will begin your journey and I ended my journey at that day this year. I wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Booked my flights for 9 March. Start next day from SJPdeP. My late fathers birthday March 10. Doing a few 5/6k walks near home. Bag has 6Kgs on board without water. Start slowly. 188 days to go. Can't wait.

. . . Start slowly . . .
Exactly what I plan to do during my camino in 2016. Start slowly, then ease off. Currently my knee problem is under control and training (walking slow) is going well. Injury prevention is paramount. Good luck to The Class of 2016, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello all! I am planning to walk Leon-Santiago and the finisterre next March, this is my first camino but I lived in Galicia a few years back and since I turned 30, I'be been contemplating doing this. Any hints and tips greatly appreciated!!!

Hello all! I am planning to walk Leon-Santiago and the finisterre next March, this is my first camino but I lived in Galicia a few years back and since I turned 30, I'be been contemplating doing this. Any hints and tips greatly appreciated!!!
Hi Susinha04- I will be starting in SJPdP March 15. This forum is a great resource for planning, I'll be frequently checking in. Come March, maybe I'll see you along the way!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome Susinha05
Tips? Keep logging into the Forum. Use search function and watch folks respond to all your questions. Follow weekly threads as your planning progresses.
We may meet: I'm leaving St Jean 10th March.
Buen Camino

I am planning on a March or April solo Camino. From what I have read I will probably not be solo for long. I already have all of my gear from previous hikes on the Appalachian Trail, but will have to minimize what I pack due to not needed most of my usual items. Planning on the Camino Frances starting in SJPdP. I will only be able to spend 35 days or so away from home, but I should be able to make it to SDC. I just do not want to rush my journey.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am planning on a March or April solo Camino. From what I have read I will probably not be solo for long. I already have all of my gear from previous hikes on the Appalachian Trail, but will have to minimize what I pack due to not needed most of my usual items. Planning on the Camino Frances starting in SJPdP. I will only be able to spend 35 days or so away from home, but I should be able to make it to SDC. I just do not want to rush my journey.
Hi Dave - I am starting my first Camino in March as well! A lot of my gear is from AT section hikes too, from up here in New England - will be nice to scale the gear back for sure! I was at Trail Days in Damascus VA this last year then spent some time in Shenandoah, was lovely. Maybe I'll see you along the way!

Damascus is nice. I was there about a month ago just passing through. Not sure of a start date yet, but maybe our paths will cross. Enjoy the planning.

The Class of .. threads were started back in when 2007 Arn had the bright idea of creating a topic for all those planning to go in 2008. His post:

The number of folks making their Camino each year is in the thousands, surely there are more of you out there.
Buen Camino
Arn

Really excited to make the Camino in July 2016 with my brother and 77 yr old father. Starting in Ponferrada and allowing 13 days so we can enjoy it. I am looking forward to meeting others who will be walking along with us and sharing the journey getting ready for it!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Zzotte, Already packed. 6 months out? You're a howl.
Take your bag for a walk twice or three times a week. My Physio says: "miles in the legs". Do some hill walks or as we read elsewhere in the Forum recently, up and down steps (the 'down' is important) in a college stadium or in a tall building near you. Simple!
Buen Camino

Really excited to make the Camino in July 2016 with my brother and 77 yr old father. Starting in Ponferrada and allowing 13 days so we can enjoy it. I am looking forward to meeting others who will be walking along with us and sharing the journey getting ready for it!
Hi, it's about 210 km. from Ponferrada so you can do your journey nice and easy.
And you will meet lots of other pilgrims along your journey, maybe sometimes more than you want.
Have a great time with your father and brother and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Dave, as you already stated you don't
stay solo for long. You will meet plenty of pilgrims along your journey.
35 days will be fine, I walked last April / May the Camino Frances in 37 day's nice and easy. Had plenty of time to visit places and look around.
Hope you have a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Starting El Camino del Norte April 7 2016, I'm already packed now what ? :)
Hi, now you have to wait until your departure next year. ;)
I will walk the Norte and the Primitivo in April / May 2017. And next year with my wife from Porto to Santiago.
I wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi Dave, as you already stated you don't
stay solo for long. You will meet plenty of pilgrims along your journey.
35 days will be fine, I walked last April / May the Camino Frances in 37 day's nice and easy. Had plenty of time to visit places and look around.
Hope you have a great time and a Buen Camino, Peter.
That is 35 days away from the U.S., I am going to try for a 30 day Camino. I hope that will not be rushing the journey, but that will be all of the time I can afford away from work. I have hiked long distances on the Appalachian Trail, just not for 30 days straight.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That is 35 days away from the U.S., I am going to try for a 30 day Camino. I hope that will not be rushing the journey, but that will be all of the time I can afford away from work. I have hiked long distances on the Appalachian Trail, just not for 30 days straight.
It's 775 km. accordingto the pilgrims office in Santiago. That will be an average of about 25 km. a day. Wish you well, Peter.

Hi All.....Forgot about the Class of thread.... I will be leaving Vancouver, BC on or about the 15th of March 2016. I will be walking the Camino Primitivo finishing up with Muxia & Fisterre. Depending on the weather, I may start with the Camino del Salvator (Leon to Oviedo).
Buen Camino!!
Gerry

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Take your bag for a walk twice or three times a week. My Physio says: "miles in the legs". Do some hill walks or as we read elsewhere in the Forum recently, up and down steps (the 'down' is important) in a college stadium or in a tall building near you. Simple!
Buen Camino

I will "concur" ;) regarding the "down" part! It's amazing how one thinks the ascent will be most difficult and yet most injuries occur on the descent... Buen Camino and happy training!

Last edited:

Buen Camino
Arn

First camino april/may 2016 .

Just super excited, it's been on my mind for 3/4 years, perfect opportunity has arisen and I'm taking it, I just have an overwhelming feeling that it will be of great benefit to life, for myself and for those around me, be it family, friends, workmates, etc....

This forum seems to be exactly what i need for preparation and inspiration, so thanks go to the founder and every last contributor, be good and stay safe people!

And cheers.

Kyle.

Just super excited, it's been on my mind for 3/4 years, perfect opportunity has arisen and I'm taking it, I just have an overwhelming feeling that it will be of great benefit to life, for myself and for those around me, be it family, friends, workmates, etc....

This forum seems to be exactly what i need for preparation and inspiration, so thanks go to the founder and every last contributor, be good and stay safe people!

And cheers.

Kyle.

Congrats @zahorodnyj - yes, it will greatly benefit...this forum will greatly help...Buen Camino!

Buen Camino

Great idea Bobcat, since we don't really have hills here in DE, but hey we do have stadiums :)

And cheers.

Kyle.
Welcome Kyle... You're right, the Forum is filled with all kinds of great, helpful information and that goes the same for the people here.....

Buen Camino!!

Gerry

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi All.....Forgot about the Class of thread.... I will be leaving Vancouver, BC on or about the 15th of March 2016. I will be walking the Camino Primitivo finishing up with Muxia & Fisterre. Depending on the weather, I may start with the Camino del Salvator (Leon to Oviedo).
Buen Camino!!
Gerry
Hi Gerry, you will love the " end off the world " my wife and I walked from Sarria to Finistere last year, from Santiago was it a very nice walk. You will enjoy it.
Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hi all, I'll be in the class of 2016...planning to leave St Jean mid September 2016.
Hi Kerrie, it's a nice time of the year to walk the Camino Frances according to my wife anyway she walked the Camino Frances in 2013.
Wish you a great journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

And cheers.

Kyle.
Hi Kyle and welcome to this wonderful forum. When you have questions you can ask them, there is always someone who can give you a answer.
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

One of the first people I ever backpacked with as a young teenager was (and still is) my buddy Mike, who is the founder and owner of Osprey Packs.
Welcome and buen camino, Jill! And next time you see your friend Mike please tell him we peregrinos love love love his packs!
(By the way...I--horrors--always walk with 100% cotton, so you're not the only one without tech clothes! :p)

Attachments

• IMG_7869.JPG
    IMG_7869.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Not entirely sure why we're walking the Camino, but it feels right. A lot of things have come together that can be interpreted as justification...anyway we're doing it.
Flights booked, ferry booked. Leaving Irun Thurs 9th June, plan to get to Santiago Thurs 21st July. Walking Norte/Primitivo, planning to meet our eldest daughter in Lugo, to walk the last 100K's.
I'm loving the planning, sooooo impressed with my spreadsheet (pivot tables are the 8th wonder of the world). The interesting thing about the planning is I know full well most of the planning will be a waste of time and we'll change/adapt as things go.
Cheers Greg & Julz

Not entirely sure why we're walking the Camino, but it feels right. A lot of things have come together that can be interpreted as justification...anyway we're doing it.
Flights booked, ferry booked. Leaving Irun Thurs 9th June, plan to get to Santiago Thurs 21st July. Walking Norte/Primitivo, planning to meet our eldest daughter in Lugo, to walk the last 100K's.
I'm loving the planning, sooooo impressed with my spreadsheet (pivot tables are the 8th wonder of the world). The interesting thing about the planning is I know full well most of the planning will be a waste of time and we'll change/adapt as things go.
Cheers Greg & Julz
Hi Julie and Greg, I will walk the Norte and the Primitivo in 2017. Hope you will have a great time.
Wish you both well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Hey,
I am wanting to do the walk in summer '16. I have never done anything like it before but I'm into hikes.
I would be walking the way to help find out who I really am and who I want to be. To take a much needed break from internet and pressures of my generation.

I feel the biggest choice for me is should I do it alone or with friends or family. - If you have done it on your own, or with friends id like to hear how that was for you?

Also I know I've read about how long it takes some people and averaging out at abound 35 days, but if you are replying to the above comment I would appreciate knowing how long it took you? How many rest days?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hey,
I am wanting to do the walk in summer '16. I have never done anything like it before but I'm into hikes.
I would be walking the way to help find out who I really am and who I want to be. To take a much needed break from internet and pressures of my generation.

I feel the biggest choice for me is should I do it alone or with friends or family. - If you have done it on your own, or with friends id like to hear how that was for you?

Also I know I've read about how long it takes some people and averaging out at abound 35 days, but if you are replying to the above comment I would appreciate knowing how long it took you? How many rest days?
Hi Amanda, I begon my journey alone but when you be on the trail you don’t be alone anymore. You will meet your Camino family for the rest of your journey and you will meet them on and of along your journey.
I walked the Camino Frances for 37 day's and I loved it all.

Buen Camino
Arn
I will start my second camino beginning June 1st.

And cheers.

Kyle.
Hi Kyle

My first Camino will be April/May also. I think I will start mid April, maybe I'll see you along the way. Happy planning!

Cathy

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Kyle

My first Camino will be April/May also. I think I will start mid April, maybe I'll see you along the way. Happy planning!

Cathy
Hi Cathy, walked this year in April / May the Camino Frances and it was not that busy. The temperature was nice, not much rain. So overall it was very nice.

Hi all, I'm planning to walk the Camino from SJPP to Finisterre in July/August 2016. I previously walked to Santiago in 2014 with a friend and now I'm coming back to do it all over again on a solo trip. I'm trying not to be too complacent with my training as I keeping thinking 'oh it was fine last time' and then I have to remember all the training that went before! Can't wait to start though and am counting down the days!

€46,-
Hi all, I'm planning to walk the Camino from SJPP to Finisterre in July/August 2016. I previously walked to Santiago in 2014 with a friend and now I'm coming back to do it all over again on a solo trip. I'm trying not to be too complacent with my training as I keeping thinking 'oh it was fine last time' and then I have to remember all the training that went before! Can't wait to start though and am counting down the days!
Welcome back. Wish you well and a Buen Camino next year, Peter.

I'm hearing from a couple folks there are very few albergues open in March! I'm freaking out a bit because that is when I will be walking March 15...I thought I covered all my bases timewise, yikes! Suggestions?

Oh, also any thoughts on taking my tiny pocket rocket stove especially if it's going to be cold...could be nice for hot tea along the way. Waste of weight?

Last edited:
Hello,
I have been reading this forum for months now with only a dream that my husband David and I would walk the Camino Frances one day and now I am pleased to say it will be in July 2016. Our flights are booked and equipment is being purchased and excitement is building, oh and training has started ;)
This forum has been a wonderful resource and I am grateful for those who have gone before and passed on what they know and I am looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims along the way :)

Hi Lee
You're starting out right!
Reading this forum will see you receive all the information one could possibly need.
Flights booked, you have committed yourself and the decision on 'when' can now be ticked off.
Great feeling isn't it.
Your experience will be multiplied by the excitement of this build up time.
Enjoying your planning and Buen Camino
Annie

Hello,
I have been reading this forum for months now with only a dream that my husband David and I would walk the Camino Frances one day and now I am pleased to say it will be in July 2016. Our flights are booked and equipment is being purchased and excitement is building, oh and training has started ;)
This forum has been a wonderful resource and I am grateful for those who have gone before and passed on what they know and I am looking forward to meeting fellow pilgrims along the way :)
Hello and welcome, it's a great feeling counting the days till the beginning of your journey. And yes, you will meet lots of other pilgrims along the way.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Starting my 2nd Camino on April 16 in Leon. Last May I walked Sarria to SDC. It was an amazing time. I walk very slow and covered an average 9k per day. Listened to my body and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Not that it was easy. I came very close to quiting, but many angels intervened and I walked into the square in front of the cathedral with tears of joy. My pack was 12 kilos and I am looking to reduce it a little this time . If any of you April or May pilgrims see an old guy with a Tilley hat and poles going real slow take a minute and say hi. Bien Camino.

Starting my 2nd Camino on April 16 in Leon. Last May I walked Sarria to SDC. It was an amazing time. I walk very slow and covered an average 9k per day. Listened to my body and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Not that it was easy. I came very close to quiting, but many angels intervened and I walked into the square in front of the cathedral with tears of joy. My pack was 12 kilos and I am looking to reduce it a little this time . If any of you April or May pilgrims see an old guy with a Tilley hat and poles going real slow take a minute and say hi. Bien Camino.
I will walk next year from Porto to Santiago so I say hi to you now.

I'm excited to officially join the Class of 2016. I've had the Camino in the back of my mind for years now. Last spring I met up with an old friend who had recently completed his second leg of the Camino Frances. He showed me pics and told me of his journey. I was hooked, and decided that the time is now... I'm newly retired, starting my next chapter, and ready for a spiritual journey.

Plus I'm 66, and all my body functions are currently working. Carpe diem. I'll be leaving mid-April, beginning at SJPdP, and continuing to Finisterre and Muxia.

Hi All.

I do not plan to.
I know I'm going to CF, from SJPP May / June 2016.
I'm preparing.

But sometimes, I have fear.
The fear of waiting.

Now I am full of energy.
What if it will evaporate?

I know that I will go, but waiting is killing me.

Hi All.

I do not plan to.
I know I'm going to CF, from SJPP May / June 2016.
I'm preparing.

But sometimes, I have fear.
The fear of waiting.

Now I am full of energy.
What if it will evaporate?

I know that I will go, but waiting is killing me.

I hear you and fully understand!! Buen Camino...enjoy the journey of preparation!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I hear you and fully understand!! Buen Camino...enjoy the journey of preparation!
SimLin, thank you for understanding :)

I think that in all of us there are small doses of incertitude. I'm happy, as I said I am full of energy, but at the same time I am little worried.

Start is so far away.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well, I have talked about it for ten years, and finally realised I had to stop talking and do the walking. Starting from SJPP end of April. Very excited and very nervous. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys along the way.
Hi Tinta, being nervous is normal everyone is. April / May is a very nice time of the year to walk the Camino.
And you will meet lots of other pilgrims along your journey.
I wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

I'm excited to officially join the Class of 2016. I've had the Camino in the back of my mind for years now. Last spring I met up with an old friend who had recently completed his second leg of the Camino Frances. He showed me pics and told me of his journey. I was hooked, and decided that the time is now... I'm newly retired, starting my next chapter, and ready for a spiritual journey.

Plus I'm 66, and all my body functions are currently working. Carpe diem. I'll be leaving mid-April, beginning at SJPdP, and continuing to Finisterre and Muxia.
Hi Priscilla, the time of year you choose to walk the Camino is great.

It looks like we will be leaving SJDP March 17 now. We decided to move our plans up partly due to the more bearable weather and planning to enjoy the festivities during Holy week.
I understand this year the heat has been unseasonably hot more so than in the past.
I am so impressed to hear you are experiencing this journey on your own. If you decide to leave sooner please keep me posted. I think it would be great fun to meet up with someone I am getting to know.
I must say I only learned of this Camino about a year ago and have been infatuated with it ever since. I stumbled upon this forum and have just been consumed with the experience. Have you started your packing gear yet? I think it's so much fun preparing for this amazing adventure.
Hi Delynda! I'm leaving St Jean on the March 15th solo and looking for a few people to touch base with along the way...maybe we'll cross paths! :)

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I'm Aleš from Maribor, Slovenia. I'm a soon to be graduate of a tourism management college, but before that happens I need to do a graduation assignment. Now, I've been thinking about doing a Camino for a couple of years now, but I could never find a good time for it. These days the more I think about it, the more it draws me and the conditions are stacking together quite nicely.

The plan I'm putting together is to start walking sometime mid march or beginning of april and collect stories of places and people I meet along the way. Couple them together in a kind of diary and it should make for a pretty good graduation project, I think. Getting there and then completing the walk shouldn't be too much of a problem, I'm currently in pretty good physical shape and I regularly hike and cycle. But I would like to ask if anyone has experience doing similar things - collecting stories, interviewing fellow travellers along the way etc. I guess it just comes from talking, and there should be enough time to do that. Still, any special pointers or themes to focus on would be appreciated.

Anyhow, feel free to comment and improve on my idea, your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. I'll also open a thread in the Camino Frances subforum and copy this there - that might be a better place for further discussions on the topic, and we can leave more space here for further introductions.

Cheers All!

Hey everyone,

I'm Aleš from Maribor, Slovenia. I'm a soon to be graduate of a tourism management college, but before that happens I need to do a graduation assignment. Now, I've been thinking about doing a Camino for a couple of years now, but I could never find a good time for it. These days the more I think about it, the more it draws me and the conditions are stacking together quite nicely.

The plan I'm putting together is to start walking sometime mid march or beginning of april and collect stories of places and people I meet along the way. Couple them together in a kind of diary and it should make for a pretty good graduation project, I think. Getting there and then completing the walk shouldn't be too much of a problem, I'm currently in pretty good physical shape and I regularly hike and cycle. But I would like to ask if anyone has experience doing similar things - collecting stories, interviewing fellow travellers along the way etc. I guess it just comes from talking, and there should be enough time to do that. Still, any special pointers or themes to focus on would be appreciated.

Anyhow, feel free to comment and improve on my idea, your thoughts will be greatly appreciated. I'll also open a thread in the Camino Frances subforum and copy this there - that might be a better place for further discussions on the topic, and we can leave more space here for further introductions.

Cheers All!
However it works out, wishing you a Buen Camino! Enjoy the planning!

Buen Camino
Arn
Hello. Am planning to walk the Camino in 2016 with friends. I first walked it in 2012. Buen Camino!

Hi Priscilla, I think I will be starting 14/15 April and doing the same. Been Camino

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am thinking of walking Camino del Norte to Oviedo; Camino San Salvador from Oviedo to Leon where I will meet friends and continue on the Camino Frances to the sea. Has anyone done the Camino San Salvador from Oviedo to Leon? What do I need to keep in mind? It looks like substantial improvements have been made thanks to volunteers and a pilgrim named Ender. Suggestions are appreciated! Thank you.

Many thanks Peter, for your good wishes. My friends have just walked Camino Portuguese and loved it, although, .....maybe it was the wonderful Portuguese wine.

€46,-
Tinta
You are into something with the wines in Portugal and also in Spain, good stuff. I was in both countries some years ago, going from place to place tasting different wines and foods. Some great memories that I love to do again next year.
Chris

Many thanks Peter, for your good wishes. My friends have just walked Camino Portuguese and loved it, although, .....maybe it was the wonderful Portuguese wine.
Hi, my wife and I walk next year from Porto to Santiago and I will try the wine aswell.
Wish you well , Peter.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Friday and Saturday arrivals in July, August, and September average about 1,500 per day. A record was set last year on August 9, when 2,748 Compostelas were issued.

HOLY DE MOLEY . . . Imagine the race for beds each day . . . I have not yet understood the attraction of walking in herds …. Lower frequented Camino routes in quieter times of the year for me . . .

€46,-
I have not yet understood the attraction of walking in herds
I don't think there is an actual attraction! Most pilgrims are solo or in small groups. The herd is mostly a function of everyone starting out at the same time, but it breaks up into a stream rather than a herd. Not everyone is put off by having lots of other pilgrims. It is a daily shared fate, and most like the sharing. Even with a thousand other pilgrims per day, there is plenty of time for solitude and quiet. Dinner is often a social event, and pilgrims of many nationalities gather to share food and beverage. Lone wolf pilgrims will probably be happier on a different route. :)

I'd think I'm more of a lone moose than a lone wolf . . . ;o)

What's that saying ? " Misery Loves Company" for us herders that is a true statement IMHO . My first jaunt 2014 from St Jean was a happy event up to Orisson . After that it was Happy and Painful ,( mostly happy) until Los Arcos , then it was mostly painful.

I plan my painful return in May 2015 from whence I stopped ( Los Arcos) , seasoned , savvied and supported .

If you are planning an April/May/ June launch somewhere on the CF ,, stop by here (link below) and join the herd :)
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/may-june-2016-peregrinos-camino-frances.36410/

Joe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Buen Camino
Arn

My husband and I will begin our Camino in early April, SJPP to Santiago. It will be a healing, spiritual experience for me and an epic adventure for both of us. We don't have an end date yet since we would like to vacation afterwards. We are beyond excited, and this site has been so helpful. There is much to learn but the planning has brought peace. We are coming!

My husband and I will begin our Camino in early April, SJPP to Santiago. It will be a healing, spiritual experience for me and an epic adventure for both of us. We don't have an end date yet since we would like to vacation afterwards. We are beyond excited, and this site has been so helpful. There is much to learn but the planning has brought peace. We are coming!
Hi Kristen, it's a nice time of the year to walk the Camino.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.