• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Do ladies pee in the woods? I think we know the answer.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
Not been very well recently so instead of being out and about I've had a lot of people dropping by (no peace for the wicked).

Among them have been some who fancy walking the Camino and think they'll get better information straight from me than they would from a forum like this (fools) although I suspect there's at least one lurker here (Hi Carole ;))

Anyway, one of the gems they have turned up is this - covering a delicate subject sensitively and candidly and not something that, as a man, I would have researched.

I was especially impressed by the advice on choosing sloping ground and scuffing up the surface beforehand :)

So head off into the woods for a practice and, if it works for you, you have my friend Julie to thank!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Anyway, one of the gems they have turned up is this - covering a delicate subject sensitively and candidly and not something that, as a man, I would have researched.
I have to admit that I was a bit surprised when I went to view a YouTube video about how women pee in the woods to be talked to by my senior senator in Congress and suspected future presidental candidate, Elizabeth Warren. I was relieved to find out that it was an ad.

Edit: After Jeff mentioned the sloping ground advice I was curious if windage was mentioned.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
'S funny innit? Every time I watch it I get videos of useful gadgets that will solve all my craft tool problems. Which is great, because I hadn't realised that I had any craft tool problems.

The internet is great isn't it. Not only can Rick be comforted that a potential POTUS knows how to pee in the woods but I now know the source of several remarkable gadgets which will solve my problem as soon as I have one.

The roll-on suggestion from Youtube was a nice interior of a coffee bar in Atlanta where smiley nice people were doing coconut flavoured coffee: I excused myself and left as any respectable gentleman would. As any respectable gentleman would excuse himself if he encountered a female of the species taking a pee with her tights on....

Generally "ladies" do NOT pee in the woods. However, most women do when they are on the camino.
Sadly it's a result of my age and upbringing - where I come from the respective facilities (indoors) are usually labelled Ladies and Gents rather than Pointers and Setters, Steers and Heifers etc. If I could change the header to "Do pilgrims with a double X chromosome pee in the woods? I think we know the answer." I would but don't know how :(

I have to admit that I was a bit surprised when I went to view a YouTube video about how women pee in the woods to be talked to by my senior senator in Congress and suspected future presidental candidate, Elizabeth Warren. I was relieved to find out that it was an ad.

Edit: After Jeff mentioned the sloping ground advice I was curious if windage was mentioned.
"Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation" (John Wayne, The Undefeated).

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Now I’m feeling left out. I have NEVER peed in the woods. Not on the Camino, not at home, not when travelling a good part of the globe for 15 months with the family. I’ve always managed to hold on until we’ve found dedicated facilities. Which might be why on an eleven hour bus trip in Laos which only had one toilet stop I was nominated to empty a water bottle so that a desperate 6 year old son could pee into it!

Now I’m feeling left out. I have NEVER peed in the woods. Not on the Camino, not at home, not when travelling a good part of the globe for 15 months with the family. I’ve always managed to hold on until we’ve found dedicated facilities. Which might be why on an eleven hour bus trip in Laos which only had one toilet stop I was nominated to empty a water bottle so that a desperate 6 year old son could pee into it!
Wow! You should be up for some award. What a trucker's bladder you have! I'm a champion pee-in-the-woods person because my bladder must be the size of a pea. One cup of Joe and I'm off to the woods...not just once, but at least twice within an hour. I envy you so much because I also have traveled a great deal and it has been the bane of my existence. I actually have been known not to drink anything for 12 hours just so I know I won't have to stop. I love those guide maps that only include details of where the traveler can find every toilet in every corner of every city in the world! Ha ha You might get the idea my sightseeing is primarily restricted to international toilets. There are some real beauties...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
At a gig last night, Show of Hands at St George's for UK natives who may know of whom and whereof I speak, the sign by the toilets said "these toilets are non-gender-specific - please only use the cubicles". The lovely volunteer stewards were marshalling the interval queue and explaining that the "Ladies" we're "out-of-order" and it would be "nicer" if gentlemen would avoid using the urinals while others were queuing for the cubicles. I loved the Victorian euphemisms deployed.

I suspect the local shrubbery took some punishment last night 'cos it was a long queue and a short interval

At a gig last night, Show of Hands at St George's for UK natives who may know of whom and whereof I speak, the sign by the toilets said "these toilets are non-gender-specific - please only use the cubicles". The lovely volunteer stewards were marshalling the interval queue and explaining that the "Ladies" we're "out-of-order" and it would be "nicer" if gentlemen would avoid using the urinals while others were queuing for the cubicles. I loved the Victorian euphemisms deployed.

I suspect the local shrubbery took some punishment last night 'cos it was a long queue and a short interval
It's not far from Hove, actually ;)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The first time I saw the milky way was because I went outside in the night 'to make a river', as they say in spain.

And I totally disagree with gadgets like sheewees, unless in literally arctic conditions. Women squat down, that's what we do. It's called getting close to nature.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
All very well, but when ze knees are aged and injured, then squatting right down becomes very difficult. Plus who can ever find privacy on the meseta? No woods in which to hide!

I am a fan of this device - it's Swiss engineered and it just works. No need to remove clothing (especially if you wear a skirt), no need to remove pack, no need to do anything except turn aside from the path. And no need for paper to litter the path.

And let me tell you, I've tried four different types of these devices and this is the best.

Sorry to say @Sho, but the GoGirl is useless. It was the first of these I bought and tried. Because it is soft you basically have to pull down everything and squat, so what is the point of that?

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
All very well, but when ze knees are aged and injured, then squatting right down becomes very difficult. Plus who can ever find privacy on the meseta? No woods in which to hide!

I am a fan of this device - it's Swiss engineered and it just works. No need to remove clothing (especially if you wear a skirt), no need to remove pack, no need to do anything except turn aside from the path. And no need for paper to litter the path.

And let me tell you, I've tried four different types of these devices and this is the best.

Sorry to say @Sho, but the GoGirl is useless. It was the first of these I bought and tried. Because it is soft you basically have to pull down everything and squat, so what is the point of that?

Ordered it! Never cared to try one but your post convinced me it's worth a try. I'm also one who, like loumura, is off to the woods after one cup of joe. Heading for the Via de la Plata in March and not much in the way of woods. Thanks!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ordered it! Never cared to try one but your post convinced me it's worth a try. I'm also one who, like loumura, is off to the woods after one cup of joe. Heading for the Via de la Plata in March and not much in the way of woods. Thanks!

Practise at home first. It takes a little getting used to, but once mastered it is brilliant. Combined with a skirt it makes life on the camino so much easier. Also very helpful when travelling in countries with squat toilettes, or anywhere that the hygiene factor is low.

I much prefer the woods to indoors, weather and neighborhood permitting. The ambience is usually quite lovely. At a certain deserted villa on the road from Girona to Bonmatí, I felt like I was in Narnia!

As a female land surveyor in a rural area it was easier to pee in the woods instead of hiking back to the truck and driving 10 miles to the nearest facility, then driving back and hiking back to the work site while my husband waited for me to return. I have had several bear crossings within 25 feet and my husband asked me if I need to go home and change my pants, but that is another story.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
No need to be left out! A year ago you had never spent a night alone and never walked the camino alone? There are many new adventures in store. :cool:o_O
Haha but you have GOT to be kidding @C clearly ! This is something I’d prefer to add to my “Things I’ll Never Do” list like parachuting, lawn mowing and white water rafting.
Another solo Camino.....now THERE’S a good idea!

Haha but you have GOT to be kidding @C clearly ! This is something I’d prefer to add to my “Things I’ll Never Do” list like parachuting, lawn mowing and white water rafting.
In terms of life accomplishments, I'd agree that you don't need to pursue it. However, it really doesn't deserve to be on the "Things I'll Never Do" list. I have mowed a lawn once or twice and am glad to have done it.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
On the Camino I have always been able to find a proper toilet when I've needed one. I know that when I was younger and went to summer camp I had to occasionally pee in the woods, but it was so long ago I barely remember.

The first time I saw the milky way was because I went outside in the night 'to make a river', as they say in spain.

And I totally disagree with gadgets like sheewees, unless in literally arctic conditions. Women squat down, that's what we do. It's called getting close to nature.

Not so here in the country of giant bull ants, nasty spiders and lethal snakes! I prefer to stand while keeping a close eye on the underbrush :) When in Spain it was such a relief to know that the worst thing lurking in the bushes was other peoples detritus!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

It's good we have a variety of options. I've never had to pull everything down and squat with the GoGirl.

@Sho I don't know how you managed that. I'm really curious. Having invested in it I tried it numerous times. It is soft and does not push through clothing, and you have to use your fingers to hold it hard up against yourself, trying to create a seal with the silicone, and if your fingers are not in the right place it leaks. As well as being so short the chances are strong of peeing into clothing, unless you are squatting.

Btw I have also tried the SheeWhee (better than the GoGirl, but not as good as the Pibella), and a large oil funnel - (well it was cheap and I thought I'd give it a go).

I originally came across the Pibella after trying the GoGirl and the SheeWhee - from searching the internet and finding this website comparison.

Dear fellow women members - I suffered so you do not have to!

Fellow moderators - if you feel this post is too graphic - I won't be offended if you take it down.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Generally "ladies" do NOT pee in the woods. However, most women do when they are on the camino.
I showed your comments to my friend (a Spanish speaking sociologist BTW - ooh! illiteration!) and she said it was quite revealing that you focused on gender politics rather than the efficacy (or not) of the video content and asks whether, when in Spain, you are a senora or a mujer?

I'm now going to duck my head below the parapet before I get hit by the shrapnel. :)

Not been very well recently so instead of being out and about I've had a lot of people dropping by (no peace for the wicked).

Among them have been some who fancy walking the Camino and think they'll get better information straight from me than they would from a forum like this (fools) although I suspect there's at least one lurker here (Hi Carole ;))

I was especially impressed by the advice on choosing sloping ground and scuffing up the surface beforehand :)

So head off into the woods for a practice and, if it works for you, you have my friend Julie to thank!
Off course we pee in the woods and we take the paper with us in small bags 😁

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Women cyclists who wear bib shorts (far more comfortable than waist shorts) favour those with high-stretch shoulder straps or a discreet zip at the back. They save time, accidents and embarrassment when taking a so-called nature break.

Women cyclists who wear bib shorts (far more comfortable than waist shorts) favour those with high-stretch shoulder straps or a discreet zip at the back. They save time, accidents and embarrassment when taking a so-called nature break.
HAD to look them up. The mind boggles - I thought garments like that were dreamed up by people like Borat.

Remember ladies, that if you suddenly feel that you are lost or alone on the Way, simply pull down your pants to pee in a well hidden spot off trail and immediately dozens of pilgrims will be walking by gawking...LOL

HAD to look them up. The mind boggles - I thought garments like that were dreamed up by people like Borat.

Ah no, not by him but by women in need of quick release for quick relief! Both very discreet.

A German friend we met on the Camino had a word for it ... buchsepausieren. I rather enjoy peeing in the woods and have since I was a child. I agree, squat and look at the stars or the leaves, etc. ... be one with nature.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I showed your comments to my friend (a Spanish speaking sociologist BTW - ooh! illiteration!) and she said it was quite revealing that you focused on gender politics rather than the efficacy (or not) of the video content and asks whether, when in Spain, you are a senora or a mujer?
What video content? :eek: I have never looked for, or watched a video related to peeing the woods. That is why I have not commented on the efficacy of the methods shown. There was no video or reference to any video at the time I commented on the semantics.

Actually that is a good question about "senora" and "mujer." The word "lady", like "señora" carries a special aura of respect and politeness, which is nice to use in many situations in either language. However, appropriate usage wouldn't include the peeing-in-the-woods question. :D:D It is like asking "Do gentlemen pee in the woods."

Oddly, I find myself addressed sometimes as "senorita" which I find discomfiting because it is ridiculous to call me a young woman. Can your friend explain this?

I don't think I've ever been called Doña!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Now, folks, I am ready to comment on the content of that video: Hysterical! I taught my daughters to do that by the time they were 3 years old. My knees certainly do not allow me to do those squats anymore, but I still manage to avoid disaster. Most of the time. As far as I know. :D:eek::p:D After 2 or 3 times on the Camino it should be a non-issue.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Not to ignore that you are a young lady and we oldsters can find it very hard to squat! I do it, but there had better be a branch or shrub to hold on to to get back up! Just you wait....

But they do in corn fields. It always makes me laugh to see some peregrino shuffling his feet and staring at the ground while guarding her rucksack. Then the relief on his face when she emerges from the corn stalks and picks up her pack :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
As I walked in my woods this morning (only we call it bush and it has lovely Christmassy ferns like this right now:1BB2D5F5-CE7E-49B5-A5DF-BEDD66910C5B.jpeg) I was thinking about the linguistic turn this thread took. I decided I quite like the juxtaposition of “ladies” and “pee” because it has an attention-grabbing jarring about it.
Then I thought “wee” would be better than pee due to the alliteration.
And as it was a reasonably long walk I had time for one more thought.
Based on my premise that alliteration is desirable, the ladies really should be turned into women....but “do women wee in the woods?” Is just plain boring.
Who knows what I’ll think about tomorrow!

As I walked in my woods this morning (only we call it bush and it has lovely Christmassy ferns like this right now:View attachment 49539) I was thinking about the linguistic turn this thread took. I decided I quite like the juxtaposition of “ladies” and “pee” because it has an attention-grabbing jarring about it.
Based on my premise that alliteration is desirable, the ladies really should be turned into women....but “do women wee in the woods?” Is just plain boring.
Beautiful ferns. Looking forward to your future musings. 🙂 We non peeing in nature women must stick together.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I was walking the Le Puy route when I needed to pee. I thought I would hang on until the next town. I walked into a restaurant to find the toilet. A large French waiter told me in French that I needed to order food and drink before using the toilet. I promptly left and walked 50 metres to the next toilet in a nearby restaurant with the angry waiter even coming out of the restaurant to watch me walk. Naturally, I then sat down and had lunch at the 'toilet friendly' restaurant. After that I decided it was much easier to pee in the bush than bear the wrath of a French man.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As I walked in my woods this morning (only we call it bush and it has lovely Christmassy ferns like this right now:View attachment 49539) I was thinking about the linguistic turn this thread took. I decided I quite like the juxtaposition of “ladies” and “pee” because it has an attention-grabbing jarring about it.
I used "pee" as that was in the video title! Julie has calmed down now - at first she took umbrage because of what she thought was a reaction to what she considered to be a valuable piece of instruction. I said she should join the forum and fight her own battles . . . :(

The ferns look luxurious - all I have to look out on are bare rose bushes and my apple and pear trees (one of each). At first I was expecting it to be a "spot the lady" competition but alas no. So instead I offer you "coffee bean man"

1543828104619.png

I fancy a wee now: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

PS I'm surprised at no reaction to the other video - the one in post #36 :)

Re the post by Tincatinker about mixed gender toilets.
I was on a coach trip in Spain a few years ago and booked for a tour of Granada including a visit to The Alhambra. It was quite a large coach and the tour was a long one, so by the time we came to the gardens and the toilets everyone wanted to go. As usual the men's queue went down quickly whilst the ladies were still waiting. Then I thought that the 2 ladies reps, did a sensible thing by standing at the gent's toilet door and asking if any latecomers would mind waiting while the ladies went in peace.(Well that's what they called it !)

€46,-

As long as there is no poison oak or ivy;)

After reading lots of reviews, I got a P-style. You don't have to take down your pants, you can stand and not squat and it wipes all the drops away rather well. So though you don't really need TP, I still brought some bandana squares just in case. Just wash those with your laundry. No need for all those plastic bags!
It rinses easily as it has a some sort of teflon coating.
https://www.thepstyle.com/

After reading lots of reviews, I got a P-style. You don't have to take down your pants, you can stand and not squat and it wipes all the drops away rather well. So though you don't really need TP, I still brought some bandana squares just in case. Just wash those with your laundry. No need for all those plastic bags!
I have carried a P-style on all of my Caminos, but have not had to use it...yet.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I purchased a similar one a year ago to use on the camino, but ended up leaving it at home. I still needed to pull down my pants and undies part way just to get it into the right "area". Reason being is that the female anatomy is lower than a male's, "down under" in our crotch area to be quite frank. If I were willing to slice that seam open on my hiking pants and wear no undies, then that devise would be the perfect solution...but that aint happening! 😅 Also my backpack would still have to come off to use the pstyle anyway so not too helpful to me. That said, I do think they are a great option for those who have knee issues.

I have done 98.6 % of my outdoor peeing in the Eastern Woodlands of New England, where the underbrush of pretty thick. Spanish underbrush is harder to find, so a gadget could be very helpful, but I haven't tried one yet.

Its not thd peeing that’s the problem. It’s the prodigious amounts of used loo paper left all along camino routes both in France and Spain. I was disgusted by the way a minority of pilgrims were treating the Chemin du Puy I walked this autumn. I’ve no idea if they were men or women. But whoever they are please can they bag it, bin it or bury it!

Speaking of PEEING IN THE WOODS. I never realized that "wanting to use a toilet" in the middle of nowhere, (until I was on Camino) would be so difficult and that when you did get a very small gap(the Pilgrims ahead of you who seemed to be moving so slowly and the Pilgrims behind you were moving so very fast) to do your business would be such a hurried affair and well, so unlady like!!! The thing is you leave your Alburgue just fine, but get out into the open road where is nowhere to hide, and NATURE says loud and clear, I WANT TO GO....... Hahaha...

I, too, was saddened by the paper “flowers” around hedges and rocks this October on the Camino. If you have a dog, or not, those little bags to clean up after the dog’s business are perfect for your paper. Just put the used bag in a zip lock and dispose in the next town or at the albergue at the end of the day. The extra weight is negligible. It is shameful people won’t clean up after themselves. If we each took care of our own trash, it would be a more beautiful Camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It was in the first post. The link was at the word "this"
Watched the video..
Heavens above..

She's less than half my age!
She's got good knees!
She's not in a hurry!

I f I squatted down like that I'd still be on the Camino. Having fallen over ...what a good idea that!

I've learned to pee standing up.....takes practice mind you..
And yes...depending on the way the wind is blowing..the wee has at times
Wet my trousers
Wet my legs
Gone into my boots

But urine is not a toxic substance so these things don't bother me

Just stay well behind me when it's hot!!
And ...I do use the same paper over and over ...and I can't understand why women...yes it's a "woman" thing just don't take the paper with them until a toilet is reached.
Best wishes
Annette

I would like to add, after you take care of business please bring a baggie to put your paper in. I finished my walk in September & was very surprised at the mounds of used paper left behind the bushes

Ok I heard of this device from a woman friend of mine called pibella ladies can check it out on google. Available even from REI good luck whoever needs it.

Thanks to all I have had a good laugh, which cheered me up. I do not find early winter in Alberta very pleasant. But I nearly forgot to take the cookies out of the oven. What would I take to church for the Christmas baskets tomorrow?

Hi

How To Shit In The Woods, by Kathleen Meyer.

I read the book a couple of years ago and its full of useful information with a chapter devoted to females. I would recommend this book to all trekkers.

Best Regards

Brian M.

A German friend we met on the Camino had a word for it ... buchsepausieren
o_O [=er ... what?]
Never heard or seen this combination of two German words. In the given context, it sounds extremely crude and I'd strongly recommend against using it. I wonder whether she said Boxenpause. Boxenpause or Boxenstopp refers to car racing where the drivers stop at the boxes for service. It reminds of my French campanions on the chemin who would refer to an arrêt technique (=technical stop), a similar concept.

The topic as such is apparently of never ending fascination. I conclude that there are three kinds of women: those who have been taught as small kids by their mums and grandmas how to pee when outside (probably a cultural/family culture thing), those who haven't (probably a cultural/family culture thing) and those who are mature and can't bend their knees sufficiently anymore. That's actually the main insight I gained from the video: there are grown-up women who didn't know this??? :)

Last edited:
o_O [=er ... what?]
Never heard or seen this combination of two German words. In the given context, it sounds extremely crude and I'd strongly recommend against using it. I wonder whether she actually said Boxenpause - a reference to car racing where the drivers stop at the boxes for service. It reminds of my French campanions on the chemin who would refer to an arrêt technique (=technical stop), a similar concept.

The topic as such is apparently of never ending fascination. I conclude that there are three kinds of women: those who have been taught as small kids by their mums and grandmas how to pee when outside (probably a cultural/family culture thing), those who haven't (probably a cultural/family culture thing) and those who are mature and can't bend their knees sufficiently anymore. That's actually the main insight I gained from the video: there are grown-up women who didn't know this??? :)

I wonder whether she actually said Boxenpause - a reference to car racing where the drivers stop at the boxes for service.

or pitstop in English - we use that term too.

€83,-
o_O [=er ... what?]
Never heard or seen this combination of two German words. In the given context, it sounds extremely crude and I'd strongly recommend against using it. I wonder whether she said Boxenpause. Boxenpause or Boxenstopp refers to car racing where the drivers stop at the boxes for service. It reminds of my French campanions on the chemin who would refer to an arrêt technique (=technical stop), a similar concept.

The term used in my family growing up ... heck even today I'll say this on occasion... Pinklepause! Almost doesn't need to be translated to english, but it's literally Pee/Tinkle break. Although my guys would like and appreciate the car related term!! ;) Vielen Dank!

I wish the women would take their tissues/paper with them after peeing. While walking the del Norte this year we would predict where the next ladies spot would be and inevitably we'd be right. Around the corner and marked by paper.

I manage to wait until i get to a village with a cafe`.....

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I wish the women would take their tissues/paper with them after peeing. While walking the del Norte this year we would predict where the next ladies spot would be and inevitably we'd be right. Around the corner and marked by paper.
Was that a little game you played, or were you just looking for your own "spot" and liked the same places. 😄

Hilarious thread but I have to add it's not all about peeing in the woods, it's about staying well hydrated! And in that case you'd better hope you're peeing in the woods because if not, you may not be drinking enough fluids - which could be dangerous during the hot seasons!

Good point, Aunt Pitty! I pee in the woods on Camino and not embarrassed to say it! I do however, leave no trace except for watering the bushes. ☺

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
The longest stretch on the Camino Frances without toilet facilities is the 17 km between Carrión de los Condes and Calzadilla de la Cueza. Other than that, there is usually a town with a bathroom at least every 10 km. I can easily walk 3 to 4 hours without needing a bathroom break, and I drink plenty of water. I never walk past the last bar in town before a long stretch without availing myself of the facilities.

Was that a little game you played, or were you just looking for your own "spot" and liked the same places. 😄
Probably stopped a little further on every third paper stop?
Fair point elsewhere about drinking enough fluids while walking.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.