• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Does anyone know O Acivro in Rua?

peregrina2000

Staff member
I looked at the website of this casa rural, and originally thought it was the stone house hotel/cafe that is located after you climb the hill after Lavacolla and pass the big farm operation. But that can't be, because this place is in Rua.

Does anyone have any information or experience to share? This looks like a very big place, and they say that they are right on the camino but I have no memory of this complex.

http://www.oacivro.com/INGLES/html/facilities.htm

Thanks much, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Laurie - the How to Get There link shows that it is 500m off the Camino path.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks, Sil, yes I see what you mean. But I called and the owner told me that it is right on the Camino, in fact right next door to that new little kiosk where you can get information about accommodations in Santiago (there's a little stone cottage on the right as you walk into Rua where the person at the desk gives lots of suggestions and makes reservations if you want, I think it's a municipal service but I'm not sure). He said the 500 m indication is showing you how to get there from the gas station on the national highway.

Rooms for next year are 46 euros and one appealing thing about it for summer walkers is that the pictures show a very nice grassy area that's fenced off and which has a pool.

Buen camino, Laurie

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I looked at the website of this casa rural, and originally thought it was the stone house hotel/cafe that is located after you climb the hill after Lavacolla and pass the big farm operation. But that can't be, because this place is in Rua.

Does anyone have any information or experience to share? This looks like a very big place, and they say that they are right on the camino but I have no memory of this complex.

http://www.oacivro.com/INGLES/html/facilities.htm

Thanks much, Laurie

Hi Laurie

My wife is staying there tonight, so when I speak to her next I will ask her more about it.

My wife and I stayed there a few weeks ago. Really lovely relaxing place. At dinner one of the staff didn't show up and just two guys had to handle everything, cooking, taking orders as well as serving at the bar, but it was fine, we were in no rush.
PS. It is situated right on the camino. Our room window looked onto the road so we could hear and see pilgrims passing. The little tourist office was closed up when we passed even though it was during opening times so I don't know the story on that.
There is a pool but alas we had no swimming gear packed. I would stay there again.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks for the updates. At the time I posted it, I was helping a friend book non-albergue accommodations, and this was one of the places she was interested in. She fell while training for her walk and had to postpone. But I've got the itinerary all ready for her and this place is now on it.

My wife gave me a quick update indicating it was a very nice place too. Once she us home I will ask more about this place and others, and update you again

Just noticing this--- I have stayed there twice and found it comfortable although the pool was closed, as it is apparently thought to be too cold (!!). The attached restaurant is run by a guy called Nacho, and I think it is on the top two or three restaurants of the Camino.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have eaten there twice in December 2013 and 2014; all was most delicious, served both copiously and with style. Since it was off season all the hotel rooms were closed.

MM

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back