A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Dog tags

Camino(s) past & future
Some but not all, and other routes too.
Having read in a previous thread about Dog Tags I thought to myself, what a good idea. Now I've never been the sort of guy that can wear anything around the neck (apart from the chain from my in house advisor). So on Friday I searched the net for an alternative, and low and behold came up with a company in the UK that do just what I was after. When I retired 12 years ago one of the first things I did was to remove my wrist watch, to me time meant nothing and I have to say 12 years later I've never missed it. The ID tag I choose is like a wrist watch strap with all the details on a stainless steel plaque. It has my name , contact details, nationality and my diabetic detail plus medication. Ordered Friday after noon and arrived Saturday morning.
I'm really pleased with the results, it gave me everything I wanted and now I feel more comfortable about walking the vdll on my own and knowing that if I should have a diabetic incident (which I had on my CF) hopefully this will help.
Also my in house advisor is more comfortable, that can't be a bad thing.

Just a little photo of the tag.

IMG_0291.jpg

Last edited:

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Having read in a previous thread about Dog Tags I thought to myself, what a good idea. Now I've never been the sort of guy that can wear anything around the neck (apart from the chain from my in house advisor). So on Friday I searched the net for an alternative, and low and behold came up with a company in the UK that do just what I was after. When I retired 12 years ago one of the first things I did was to remove my wrist watch, to me time meant nothing and I have to say 12 years later I've never missed it. The ID tag I choose is like a wrist watch strap with all the details on a stainless steel plaque. It has my name , contact details, nationality and my diabetic detail plus medication. Ordered Friday after noon and arrived Saturday morning.
I'm really pleased with the results, it gave me everything I wanted and now I feel more comfortable about walking the vdll on my own and knowing that if I should have a diabetic incident (which I had on my CF) hopefully this will help.

View attachment 49002
Now everytime you check the tag on your wrist you know what the "time of your life" is ;)

Isn't that good?

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019

View attachment 49002
I like that - the only downside I can see is that we and the rest of the world now have your home phone number ;)

Camino(s) past & future
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean 2017.

View attachment 49002

Hola @Waka , great idea, do you have a link to the web site?? Thanks

jayobrien

Camino(s) past & future
April 2016

View attachment 49002
There is a US company called RoadID that makes similar products. Bands available in subtle and vibrant colors to either attract attention or not.

Camino(s) past & future
Via de la Plata (2018)
Good idea! I'm on my second one from www.iceid.co.uk (is it bad form to mention the name?). I first wanted one when I was doing fell-running in sometimes rather lonely mountain places -- so they'd know who to call if my bloated corpse was found in a ravine or something ;-). It's useful for running races where one is sometimes expected to fill in emergency contact details on the back of your number -- I can just write "see wristband" instead.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (SJPdP - Santiago) Spring (2016)
Portuguese (Porto - Santiago - Finisterre) Spring (2018)
There is a US company called RoadID that makes similar products. Bands available in subtle and vibrant colors to either attract attention or not.
I made my then 21 year old son wear a RoadID bracelet when he and his buddy biked from our home in Silicon Valley all the way up the West Coast to Vancouver, BC. Your loved ones will thank you.

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Luka Equipment Questions 25
P Equipment Questions 4

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%