Epicamino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Time of past OR future Camino
Paris to Santiago de Compostela. RIP 2020
I am hot! Hot! Hot!
I had a cuppa in this little building an hour ago, it's too nice to be called a shed. 🤔
3-4 hours walk to Beaugency and the next stop.
Finding a camp spot straight after that...my back aches a little too much to ignore, so horizontal on my sleeping mat sounds almost as inviting as coffee on a fire.😁

Attachments

• IMG_20190222_112921.jpg
    IMG_20190222_112921.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
F

Former member 49149

I am hot! Hot! Hot!
I had a cuppa in this little building an hour ago, it's too nice to be called a shed. 🤔
3-4 hours walk to Beaugency and the next stop.
Finding a camp spot straight after that...my back aches a little too much to ignore, so horizontal on my sleeping mat sounds almost as inviting as coffee on a fire.😁

View attachment 52400
looks very nice for a rest stop. Hope you get a good sleeping area. Take it easy, David. Maybe find a physio, or a massage place for the back...

Reactions: david1
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
looks very nice for a rest stop. Hope you get a good sleeping area. Take it easy, David. Maybe find a physio, or a massage place for the back...
The back's eased somewhat, I've been keeping the weight on the rucksack waistbelt and that's helping.
I haven't made it to Beaugency, just 5km away but by the time I get there things will be closing and I need to find a camp spot. Some extra hours lying horizontal though.
There's mistletoe everywhere!!

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Lying down in the tent now. A few hundred metres from this lovely park.Had a top tip from Purky on a campsite 15km from Beaugency, so tomorrow night should be restful...if I can resist the disco that is! 😂
There was a deer barking away near by, he's shut up now, and hopefully gone. They can get feisty! 😱
Picture of the park where I shall breakfast and dry out gear.😁

Attachments

• PANO_20190222_165247.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 23
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Well, my theory on tourist office stamps flew out of the window.
Beaugency tourist office stamp is very nice!
12hours sleep last night..and my back is feeling better...yay! Goes with being a longshanks really...
Following the river Loire today through Tavers where I may buy gas in a camping shop...and hopefully pass by the camp site that Purky tipped me off about.

F

Former member 49149

Well, my theory on tourist office stamps flew out of the window.
Beaugency tourist office stamp is very nice!
12hours sleep last night..and my back is feeling better...yay! Goes with being a longshanks really...
Following the river Loire today through Tavers where I may buy gas in a camping shop...and hopefully pass by the camp site that Purky tipped me off about.
View attachment 52425
Still following... though only from the desk or armchair! Time for tea. No camping gas needed, just twist the knob on the cooker for the singing kettle!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
I'd ask how much does your gear weigh, but you are camping so I guess you need it all.

I get some lower back pain and find doing some gentle stretches - especially downward facing dog - helps.

Happy birthday!
Started cooling down exercises...And avoiding backless seating when I'm at rest
50-60 lbs or near abouts. Depending on water and food, which is best stored inside me rather than the rucksack.😉

Delphinoula

Veteran Member
Jan 30, 2019
C. PdC 2018 Finisterre Muxía 2018
C.Franconia 2019 C.Algeciras Sevillia 2019
Swabian C. (2020)
Hm with that much weight my back would hurt too, so my compassion
. Could it be you have a little bit too much with you?
But really when is it too much and not enough.
So in Bavarian we would say Reschpekt. Means thumps up. You Muskie may be tide so stretching may help. Or maybe if you got it a muscle relaxant.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Still following... though only from the desk or armchair! Time for tea. No camping gas needed, just twist the knob on the cooker for the singing kettle!
Ah...I can only dream of electric kettles. 😉
I am picking up a "Kelly kettle" when I reach my friends in Poitiers.(worth looking on YouTube, can't seem to add a link)
You may be following from a desk, but every "like" and especially comments, do me no end of good! I so look forward to laying in my sleeping bag, fed and warm reading the posts on here. So you are all, to in a very real way, involved in this Camino of mine.
Please keep it coming: it gives me energy!
😁😁😁😁

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Jun 18, 2012
Le Puy-Santiago 2012-13; +++; Somport-Burgos 2023
and if I have no dog? sorry, just being funny, wrong thread. I guess that is the name of a stretch?
A quick google for 'photo downward facing dog' actually popped up a demo of the stretch with a dog in it. It's a yoga position that gives a good stretch of everything on the backside of the body.

Attachments

• IMG_5865.PNG
    IMG_5865.PNG
    469.3 KB · Views: 10
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
A quick google for 'photo downward facing dog' actually popped up a demo of the stretch with a dog in it. It's a yoga position that gives a good stretch of everything on the backside of the body.
Tried this. Going to try and remember to do it every time I stop.
Thanks!

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Walking through the last village a guy stops asks if I'm on "The way" finds out that I am, only takes me to the bakery, buys me two hot baggettes with local cheeses then takes me to a café for a "café grande" !!
Then gives me his phone number, when I'm in Tours to give him a ring and if he's in France he'll take me on a tour then drop me off where he picked me up!!! 😁😱😁
Merci Jean!
IMG_20190224_131631.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Infact I ended up not going anywhere. As the yucky feeling subsided, the kitten weakness increased. A walk into the sun would just about finish me off 🙄
So I've chilled out, drunk tea, cleaned my boots etc.
Some nice firewood around as well, being on the floodplain, it's even all banked up in piles by an old river current.
Take extra care fellow pilgrims with food stores. Food poisoning is generally a quick recovery in my experience, but it'll set you back a day or two.
Lucky for me I was camping next to the Loire and have a "water-to-go" filter bottle, so I stumbled out to fetch some water, being careful not to lose sight of my tent (easier than you think!) Who knows how bad I'd be feeling right now if I had not been able to rehydrate through the night.
Quick picture of the, very peaceful, camp.
IMG_20190225_155106.jpg

F

Former member 49149

Infact I ended up not going anywhere. As the yucky feeling subsided, the kitten weakness increased. A walk into the sun would just about finish me off 🙄
So I've chilled out, drunk tea, cleaned my boots etc.
Some nice firewood around as well, being on the floodplain, it's even all banked up in piles by an old river current.
Take extra care fellow pilgrims with food stores. Food poisoning is generally a quick recovery in my experience, but it'll set you back a day or two.
Lucky for me I was camping next to the Loire and have a "water-to-go" filter bottle, so I stumbled out to fetch some water, being careful not to lose sight of my tent (easier than you think!) Who knows how bad I'd be feeling right now if I had not been able to rehydrate through the night.
Quick picture of the, very peaceful, camp.
View attachment 52521
You poor soul! You did choose the better part though, by staying put. Once bitten, twice shy - let it not happen again if you can help it. You are camped in a lovely spot though!

Reactions: Hilarious

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Good to see that you were able to wash out your pants...
Thanks Purky! Needed that laugh. 😂
I wanted to get into the Loire, but it's hypothermia inducingly cold! Plus the water level is low, so that the current is swift enough to carry me away.
Very very much looking forward to sleep...

Reactions: Hilarious and Purky

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
You poor soul! You did choose the better part though, by staying put. Once bitten, twice shy - let it not happen again if you can help it. You are camped in a lovely spot though!
It is beautiful... the universe has sent me some luck...and with easy firewood collection, flat ground, and of course the view! 😱
Feel blessed. 😊

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Came across this little watering hole today. In the UK it would have been covered with fencing to stop the stupid falling in, or filled with concrete..
I have until Friday to get to Tours now, since I managed a usual distance today, if I can find something cheap I hope to stay two nights there, or possibly phone Jean and see if he is free, or simply take my time getting to Tours, or see what happens that I had not expected! 😂
Taking a slow walk sounds appealing though. Ever since I walked out of the door my mind has been racing, I don't know why; I've as much time as I want 🤔🤔🤔
IMG_20190226_131341.jpgIMG_20190226_131419.jpg

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Packing down the gear and then unpacking and drying it out..the least pleasant part of the day. But good times when it's all done, I can get on with the walking! 😁
A rare blister to attend to, but they must be attended to without delay. Change of socks, and hopefully some sandbank by the Loire later for some between toes exfoliation...IMG_20190227_111139.jpgIMG_20190227_110256~2.jpg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Jun 18, 2012
I keep imagining all the history you are walking through. Lives lived, babies born (many of them still our common ancestors), kingdoms and duchies and counties squirmishing for space.

How far up the Loire did Vikings raid?

A selection of Camino Jewellery

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
I keep imagining all the history you are walking through. Lives lived, babies born (many of them still our common ancestors), kingdoms and duchies and counties squirmishing for space.

How far up the Loire did Vikings raid?
I was wondering that in Paris...

mspath

Veteran Member
Nov 25, 2009
France
allmycaminos.blogspot.fr
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

€60,-
F

Former member 49149

Bye bye Tours! A little sad to be leaving the Loire valley and river...but a stage nearer to my friends in Poitiers. 😊
View attachment 52653
I am either too lazy or not motivated enough to check the map, but glad you are seeing some homely spot on the near horizon. I am sure you are wondering how on earth you are where you are... or am I mistaken? Maybe you know precisely how, and why!!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
I am either too lazy or not motivated enough to check the map, but glad you are seeing some homely spot on the near horizon. I am sure you are wondering how on earth you are where you are... or am I mistaken? Maybe you know precisely how, and why!!!
I quite often find myself saying this;
"Go on a pilgrimage he said, across Spain he said..Why not start from Paris? he said. Oh why not start from Saint Davids? he said... I must be nuts..."
😂😂😂

Kanga

Veteran Member
Jun 2, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.jillhill.com.au
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
You are bringing back memories. I loved Tours. We took a side trip to visit the Chateaux at Vilandry - catching the train to Druye and walking from there. Then walked to Azey le Rideaux ! Lots of map reading.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Not the best of days. Boots hurt..but now they don't (wtf?) Marie was shut so no stamp. Thought my internet was down; but I'd turned it off and forgotten..And I can still smell the last sh*ty hotel.
There we are. Feel better now that I've had a moan.
"It's life Jim; just not as we know it"
😟

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
I've been writing a walking song, it even cheered me up yesterday.
"I'm just striding along,
I can't think of a song,
So I'm making one up,
Just to cheer myself up!
I'm not even half way,
And I'm a long way from home,
But me and my stick;
We're never feeling alone!

With her by my side,
And my rucksack behind,
Is there a refuge ahead?
And is it easy to find?
Oh the taste of a bed,
And a milky coffee
To share a meal with new friends,
Setting each other free!

(Chorus)
I got a pilgrimating pilgrim's pilgrimed face!
I walked out of the door,
And into the human race!
I am my teacher and this is my lesson,
Yes is the answer whatever the question.
A pilgrimating pilgrim's pilgrimed face!"

Trying to find a second verse now... 😁😁😁

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
A wonderful straight through the night sleep, awoken at dawn by the sound of a fox calling for it's mate, and it recieve the answer ☺
Minimum water under the flysheet and just enough water in the bottle for coffee... fire's out and I'm ready to go.
I had best stop talking about it and start doing.
😁😁😁IMG_20190303_080830~2.jpg

€60,-
F

Former member 49149

I'm 25 km from Chatellerault, having crossed the river Creuse... I have not seen many markers lately. I don't think that their purpose is pilgrim's guidance but more for tourists to look at.
View attachment 52714View attachment 52715View attachment 52716
in spite of the fact that I know I will never do what you are doing, I admire and salute you, gentleman of the road! you are doing what I imagine many are dreaming of. It is of such that poets write... stay safe, and well, and ultreia!

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
in spite of the fact that I know I will never do what you are doing, I admire and salute you, gentleman of the road! you are doing what I imagine many are dreaming of. It is of such that poets write... stay safe, and well, and ultreia!
You are too kind. "Gentleman of the road" aww.. blushing.
I am now resting and recuperating with friends a few good km from Poitiers, warm and soft comforts in a caravan all to myself! 😁
I found myself having to walk a ring road around Chatellerault yesterday, a dearth of campsites, and whilst not exactly dangerous a very unnerving road to travel on foot. So mates to my rescue. Yay!
I'm covering more ground than I'd thought as Chatellerault came out of nowhere, I had intended to camp a few km before it and get a stamp in town the next day, but suddenly I was there!
I haven't checked my map yet, but I'm told that walking from here to Poitiers is around the same distance, so I should be okay with this.
I don't have many rules, but one is to walk the whole distance, hence going back to "Battle" a few weeks back after my tendon strainage, and now checking that being picked up hasn't shaved any mileage of my way. I'll miss the Chatellerault stamp, but each stage isn't set in stone, but I would be a little miffed to miss the cathedral stamp in Poitiers.
Anyway, resting here until the weekend.
I went to an enormous outdoor store today and bought my feet a very comfortable pair of hiking sandals (is it okay to wear socks with hiking sandals, or is that still fashion suicide? And is this merry pilgrim worried?🤔) And a belt...my trousers fit me a few weeks ago when I bought them, but now there's genuinely not an ounce of fat on me! 😂
So here's where I'm at at the moment.
And eating and sleeping and eating and sleeping and drinking tea with milk!!
Yay!
IMG_20190303_165116~2.jpgIMG_20190303_120031~2.jpg

€60,-

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Just found this post, so I realise you are resting still. Look forward to the next stage...
Next stage should be Tuesday ISH. I'm making a few things for my Kelly kettle whilst I have access to a workshop. And yikes my legs still ache!
Received a package from the UK...and here's me modelling it's contents;
IMG_20190308_111109~2.jpg
And I only just found out about these little blighters; the Processionary Caterpillar. They fire out their hairs when disturbed, highly irritating to us humans, and fatal to dogs etc. Also active for most of the year.
So I'm avoiding all camping near pine trees for the rest of my camino.
I was told about them yesterday, and spotted these, and the nest, today.
IMG_20190309_133248~2.jpgIMG_20190309_133330~2.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Last post over three weeks ago, day before his birthday .. you out there David? Is all well?
I think I've posted well after that! 🤔
Anyways, I'm absolutely fine and back on the way, thanks for your concern. Are some of my posts missing?
Here's me today, with my shopping trolley idea that lasted for about 200 metres 😂
The tendons ache a little, it may be a while until I'm back on 25-30km a day...IMG_20190314_103822~2.jpg

David

Veteran Member
Jan 28, 2006
England
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Shopping trolley not a bad idea, though wheels are pretty small. Trick is, you have to change from pulling it to having it connected to your waist .... from your waist it will just follow behind you without you twisting to pull it. Where you would find two short poles, fittings, and clips for your belt I don't know - don't know where you are!!

Reactions: VNwalking
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Jul 18, 2014
Yearly and Various 2014-2019
Via Monastica 2022
I've just discovered your thread, David...and just binge-read it all in one go.
Fantastic!
Struggling...but still very much loving this Camino of mine!
The essential camino paradox! Isn't it amazing?
Ever since I walked out of the door my mind has been racing, I don't know why; I've as much time as I want 🤔🤔🤔
Maybe now you have time and silence to actually notice how the mind is racing. It was probably doing that all the time, in the background. Well...I speak for myself here.....:oops:
is it okay to wear socks with hiking sandals, or is that still fashion suicide?
Fashion suicide is camino chic. Go for it! You won't meet any of the snobs;) again anyway, so who cares?
Courage et bon chemin, David!

David

Veteran Member
Jan 28, 2006
England
First one in 2005 from Moissac, France.
Socks with sandals? Make sure that they are white synthetic ones pulled up to mid calf and everyone will think that you are an American. ;)
As for fashion aspect - on Camino only one fashion rule - be comfortable!!

€149,-
Jul 18, 2014
Via Monastica 2022
Socks with sandals? Make sure that they are white synthetic ones pulled up to mid calf and everyone will think that you are an American. ;)
No, no, David. No American in their right mind would do that. German.
Sorry @david1 . I had to set the record straight. Back to the stamp in your credencial...and I hope you find the perfect spot.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
No, no, David. No American in their right mind would do that. German.
Sorry @david1 . I had to set the record straight. Back to the stamp in your credencial...and I hope you find the perfect spot.
I think we will have to adjust that to include Englishmen when the weather dries out here! 😂

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Found a wood to camp in and it's very nice.
The Kelly kettle I bought is living up to my expectations and more! Hot water in 5 minutes every single time, with just a handful of dry wood. Highly recommended.
Only a kilometre away from Liguge, so a stamp in the morning and a trip for supplies, then Croutelle (?) which is not too far. Getting back into the stride of the way again, and (shhh!) my boots haven't been playing up as yet.
Picture of my current view as I wait for sleepy time. 😂
IMG_20190315_180444~2.jpg

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Well, I was thinking of getting up this morning when it started to rain. Rain!!
Packed up what I could in my small"Snugpak ionosphere" waterproof trousers and poncho on, and legged it to the handy shelter pictured. Managed to get coffee on with damp wood and vaseline/cotton wool trick.
Then it stopped raining...yay!
I've left my tent up to dry out a little...Oo! The sun's come out as I write!
Happy days...and still loving this Camino!
IMG_20190317_080051~2.jpgIMG_20190317_084955~2.jpgIMG_20190317_091548.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
The rain squalls continued, but all was well as I set up my camp. Climbed into my sleeping bag and then the rain started again. Ha ha!
Blue sky in the morning and a wonderful spot for a quick wash, water refills, and coffee.
Shhh..but the weather looks like a good one today! Yay!
Now to track down pain au chocolate!
IMG_20190317_190644~2.jpgPANO_20190318_083344.jpg

F

Former member 49149

The rain squalls continued, but all was well as I set up my camp. Climbed into my sleeping bag and then the rain started again. Ha ha!
Blue sky in the morning and a wonderful spot for a quick wash, water refills, and coffee.
Shhh..but the weather looks like a good one today! Yay!
Now to track down pain au chocolate!
View attachment 53413View attachment 53414
oh, David, I do hope you found the right pan au chocolat. The other would be a mess...

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Set up my tent in a car rest stop, picnic area toilet (shut) just outside of a town. Now five minutes later it's chucking down with rain. It doesn't look like it's going to be stopping any time soon.. Oo! It just let up a bit. Very squally weather the last few days, which is okay as it means that it could stop...he wrote hopefully.
I'm sitting in a nearby shelter so at least I'm not stuck in the tent worrying about getting hassled etc. And it'll be dark in half an hour then I stop worrying so much. Everyone says these places are okay to camp for a night, but I can't get the UK busybodies and get-off-my-land people out of my head.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Jul 18, 2014
Via Monastica 2022
Here's the promised photos.
Very cool...I've learned something today. I'd never heard of these, having always depended on fossil fuels when camping - and coming from a place where fires in the forest are a no-no.
I'd be improvising a little grill for vegetables. Or toasted cheese sandwiches.☺

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Very cool...I've learned something today. I'd never heard of these, having always depended on fossil fuels when camping - and coming from a place where fires in the forest are a no-no.
I'd be improvising a little grill for vegetables. Or toasted cheese sandwiches.☺
Consider a grill underneath the firepot aswell..or is that what you meant? 😂

Reactions: Hilarious

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Cold night and a frosty start.
Got to Saint Jean d'Angeley and a stamp. Then bumped into this guy.
I explained to him in French I was a English pilgrim and that I didn't speak French...when he replied in a Yorkshire accent that I seemed to be doing alright!
He'd done the Camino four years ago, aged 70, from Saint Malo!
Fed me ham sandwiches, tea and cake..tips on refuges etc.
Wonderful guy Brian!
IMG_20190320_064527~2.jpgIMG_20190320_152518.jpg

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Tourist offices are the best. (Providing that they're open 😂)
Got my stamp, and they were kind enough to phone Association Saintaise des Amis de Saint Jacques for me (I can't even say it, let alone spell it; had to look that up 😂) to check they have a bed. Just as well as I have to wait until 3.30 so I may have been a pain turning up now...
Off to waste a few hours now...IMG_20190321_115739.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Jan 18, 2015
Too many and too often!
I have a large Kelly Kettle which came with a grill to turn the firebase into a miniature barbecue. I also have a smaller 0.5 litre cousin called the mKettle which is very similar in design but more portable for someone walking alone. On that one you could possibly grill a single burger or a single slice of toast at a time ;) Very useful things in places where fires are not banned. And great fun to use too! PS: not my photo - one from the Kelly Kettle website showing how the grill works.

kelly-grill.jpg

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Beautiful room I'm in, part of the church. Finally met another pilgrim, although he's on bicycle going the coastal route. Funny half French and half English chats we're having.
Washed socks and Merino long johns. And a hot shower! That's worth writing twice...hot shower!
PANO_20190321_170109.jpgIMG_20190321_152113~2.jpg
PANO_20190321_170109.jpgIMG_20190321_152113~2.jpgIMG_20190321_170249.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

€149,-
F

Former member 49149

A long hot walk.. and another 10km of the same to go..
And my cyclist pilgrim friend, Francois, in the Saintes refuge...
View attachment 53582View attachment 53583
You really are a lucky guy, David. If there were no photos, I would imagine you to be Dick Turpin: No! Stop the bus! I have just watched a few minutes of a video about him. No, you are not Dick Turpin. But you fit the image of the guy swinging along with the little sack of belongings hanging off the end of the pole, artlessly slung over a shoulder, whistling along his merry way somewhere down in England, way down where peasants wore smocks and wielded pitchforks. From the far north of the border, among the fierce heathen Scots, that was an image...
I do like following your progress, and hope that you manage to keep even footing all the way.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Duely stamped in Pons, another town that I would like to visit again.
Passing through Mirambeau today where I don't think I will get a stamp as it's Saturday and the tourist office is closed from 12.30. So on to very near St. Aubin de Blaye, where I hope to be camping Sunday nightso I can get a stamp on Monday morning.
Mind you, I'm only 50km from Blaye itself, so who knows what will happen.
Ferry at Blaye! What larks! 😁
IMG_20190323_095334~2.jpg

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Crikey! I've only managed to walk about 10km so far today..it is HOT!
Currently I'm at a picnic area in St. Genis de Saintonge...it has a stream! So I've dumped my warm water, and filled up with cool. May be taking off my boots for a foots chilling. 😂
Yup! Got to do that right now!
IMG_20190323_142439~2.jpgIMG_20190323_111249.jpg

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Jun 18, 2012
You can ask for stamps at shops and police stations, coffee shops and ... well, anywhere. Most businesses will have one with their business contact details.

Hope that might help with the collection.

Oh, when this credential gets filled, you can either get a new one or some people glue an extention onto the current one. You can make that yourself.

If your credential is in French, get the second one in France if you want them to match. The Spanish one might be a different size.

david1

RIP 2020
May 29, 2017
Spent the night being serenaded by a chorus of frogs, woke me up a few times.😂
Dawn had me woken by a woodpecker pecking wood right next to my tent...
And had to keep a little smokey fire going to ward off the multitude of mosquitoes...
Sitting on the right side of Mirambeau now heading to Blaye... seems that I did just over 20km yesterday. Thankfully it's cooler today with a breeze. No wind yesterday and that was the killer.
Happy days!
IMG_20190324_073922~2.jpgPANO_20190324_104421.jpg

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Apologies if this topic has been covered before. I’m interested in the earliest/recommended date someone can reserve the following services: 1) flights 2) inter-city buses 3) train (e.g...
I have a bad knee and have to be very careful about walking both up and down hills, mostly down, would the Central route be much different than the Litoral route? Where is the last place to change...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
Hi Camino Family, I am travelling from Australia to start the Le Puy Camino May 27th 2024. If there is anyone else planning on walking around this time, it would be great to connect. I speak...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.