• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Flashing lights for winter (or high vis strips)

brawblether

Time of past OR future Camino
June/Jul 2012; Feb 2014
I'm working out the best way to be seen when walking on the stretches of road this coming February. How many winter walkers have fixed flashing lights for road walking? How long do batteries last? Are they better than high vis strips? Any other recommendations for being seen (without wearing a fluro suit!)?

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
If you intend walking in the dark you will need something, either a vest or the lights. The newer lights are usualy LED and the battery, normaly a AAA lasts a long time. I would advise sticking to daylight hours for walking especialy that early in the year.

No I don't intend to walk in those times, but I won't be stopping for overcast/foggy/drizzle which is when I imagine they are most needed.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
get a "chaleco reflectante" (reflective vest) at any of the China Bazaar-type discount stores. They weigh almost nothing, cost about 2 Euro, and are highly visible for a long, long way. They are required attire in Galicia in bad visibility conditions, and highly recommended by the friendly Guardia Civil officers of Castilla y Leon.

get a "chaleco reflectante" (reflective vest) at any of the China Bazaar-type discount stores. They weigh almost nothing, cost about 2 Euro, and are highly visible for a long, long way. They are required attire in Galicia in bad visibility conditions, and highly recommended by the friendly Guardia Civil officers of Castilla y Leon.

It isn't just early morning and dusk that can be a serious visability.

From Le Puy in April of 2012 it rained every day....sometimes constant for several days.
Walking on roads (no choice many times) in dark cloudy heavy rain is as bad as night. I wore a vest most of the time. It was a bit of a problem to dig it out sometimes when you hit a busy road.

The reflective vests are really the only smart thing to do.

I have been walking 20+ mile (32 km +) several times a week here in Seattle.
It is always dark by the time I return home.
I wear a jogger type reflective vest and a bright bike red flashing light to the rear and a head light in front. Nice to actually use the head light. ;o

Yesterday it was heavy rain and it was like I was back on the way from LePuy.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very good suggestion, thanks. How about being visible from behind though? A backpack would surely hide the vest from behind, wouldn't it? I always walk against the traffic but would be more comfortable knowing I was visible from behind as well.

(Grayland, that is a serious amount of walking, how do you fit anything else into your week?!!)

Very good suggestion, thanks. How about being visible from behind though? A backpack would surely hide the vest from behind, wouldn't it? I always walk against the traffic but would be more comfortable knowing I was visible from behind as well.

(Grayland, that is a serious amount of walking, how do you fit anything else into your week?!!)

On the Camino, with a full pack, I get the largest vest I can. It will go around the pack It will not ride completely down on front or back but it will do the job. You can be seen. Use your head light on backwards if it is necessary to walk on right with traffic from behind... Blinking is best.

Yes, I actually have been walking quite a bit. It helps to be retired, as a 20 plus stroll takes a bit of time. I don't usually stop very often. There are some pretty steep climbs in all directions from my home that are not possible to avoid in one direction or other so I get a pretty good workout.

Last month, in November I walked about 272 miles /440 km. All from out my front door.
There was a bit more but not recorded on the GPS app.
December seems similar with all workouts 20 miles each or more so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 49
You can wrap a signal west around your backpack for better visibility from behind, I have seen this a few times on the Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If it's really foggy nothing will help. Don't end up with a false sense of security. In bad fog it's hard enough seeing the person next to you or even your own feet. A vest,lights or a disco ball aren't going to be seen until the car is on top of you. There is a reason fog horns are horns .

They are also very handy during hunting season to remind hunters that you are not prey. Camino Cleanup Crew worked straight through quail season in their chalecos, and not a single person was shot this year.
Yes, although I'm not sure a chaleco vest would have prevented last year's incident! :eek:
These vests are great - light and easy to pack in a small side pocket. The vest could be obscured by your pack, so consider some reflective strips on that as well.

You could do a bigger version of what I have on my pack (minus the writing of course)

My daughter saw me out walking last weekend and said I glowed from the far end of the street!
I've put reflective strips on the back of the kids' ponchos and will do the same with my Packa when it arrives.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I have considered this issue at length. On my Camino, I used a combination of: 3M reflective tape in 3 places on each walking pole (at the bottom of each section); red and white LED blinky lights - one to a hiking pole; combined with reflective Velcro-fastening bicycle cuff straps that I wore on my ankles. This worked fine for me. I have recommended this approach elsewhere in this forum. I even researched where to buy the LED blinky lights in Europe and in the U.S. and made that information available.

But, I am from the "4-nail" school of doing something. This means that, if 2-nails are adequate, 4-nails are certainly at least twice as good. Hence, here are some additional, and in some cases alternative ideas to merge with my original recommendations. Check these web links:

http://global.lakeland.com/hi_vis_leggings.shtml - VERY hi-visability legging / gaiter, with hook n' loop (Velcro) adjustment fastener:

N.B.
(1) the web site is global, select your country or region in the upper left corner.
(2) Being mesh, these would work year round and would weigh (as we say) "next to nothing." I plan to order a pair for myself.
(3) I also note they could be worn BOTH on the lower legs and forearms (wrist to elbow).

http://global.lakeland.com/hi_vis_accessories.shtml - High Vis arm bands, leg bands, and belt.

N.B.
(1) if the leggings above are too extreme for you, this might be more your style
(2) the belt might be placed AROUND your pack so it is seen from the read.
(3) if you are wearing a poncho or trekking raincoat, wear the belt around your "waist" to cinch the raincoat just below the rucksack

Personally, having considered this further, I prefer the legging approach. The leggings are in fact "vests" for each leg and or arm. In keeping with local rules and regulations stating that pedestrians must wear a reflective vest, and considering you are wearing a rucksack and or a raincoat or poncho over it, the constantly moving leggings on the legs or arms seem (to me at least) to be a good idea.

It might look silly, but better than a full body cast in traction in hospital. Plus, your arms and legs are moving. So the results is a flashing fool walking down the street. If a motorist does not see you they are either seriously over the alcohol limit or blind.

I note that the Lakeland web site does not appear to have an online store. So, I searched further. I found several sites offering all of the above items, but I found the best prices (in the U.S.) here:
https://www.anchortex.com/brands/lakeland
For those of you in the UK or nearby in the EU, I found this site in the UK that offers similar reflective items:
http://www.kova-promotional-products.co.uk/

As always, I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
I walked late October to early December last year. Yes, some mornings were rather dark and visibility was a concern. Traffic where the camino and the road shared the same surface was always very light.

I made a point of stopping, moving to the side of the road, and looking at the vehicle (most often it was a tractor) whenever one came by.

Bright clothes are a good idea ... but what are you going to do with it when you go home?

We used the reflective vests, adapted to fit over our ponchos and packs when needed. We also have the simple strips with flashing lights. Mine stopped working after a couple of days, but I wear it (at the front) at all times and it is surprising how much more cars are aware of me. Terry's is on the back of his pack for cars coming up behind us.
Be seen - stay safe.

Two links, one here on the forum, the other in the first post on our blog.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
To adapt a vest. (This will need help maybe)
Undo the front of the vest - ours velcro. Put the vest on over your pack and ask your helper to slit it from under the arm to the hem vertically as it is hanging over the pack.
You can then re-hem the raw edges and sew tapes to the 4 new corners, making sure that they are long enough to tie when the vest is on over your pack. Fasten 2 safety pins at the under arm point. Do up the velcro.
you can now either wear the vest with the under arms pinned back as original, or use the pins to form a 'box' shape over your pack. Tie the 'corners' so they don't flap.

Attachments

• safety vest.jpg
    safety vest.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 27
As I will be starting out next week and bought 2 lightweight (30g) LED lights that I'll attach to my hiking poles, white in front / red behind so I'll look like a vehicle of some sort , my backpack cover is yellow/reflective in any case so there should be no problem. In front I also have a elasic reflective strip crossing my chest (40g), attached with safteypins to the backpack straps as needed and a small headlamp (45g).

While I don't intend to walk in the dark hours I think it is paramount to be prepared especially when crossing the mountains where low clouds, fog and increased road walking (due to snow) might be the case.

After all better safe than sorry!

Buen Camino

Andrea

I have considered this issue at length. On my Camino, I used a combination of: 3M reflective tape in 3 places on each walking pole (at the bottom of each section); red and white LED blinky lights - one to a hiking pole; combined with reflective Velcro-fastening bicycle cuff straps that I wore on my ankles. This worked fine for me. I have recommended this approach elsewhere in this forum. I even researched where to buy the LED blinky lights in Europe and in the U.S. and made that information available.

But, I am from the "4-nail" school of doing something. This means that, if 2-nails are adequate, -nails are certainly at least twice as good. Hence, here are some additional, and in some cases alternative ideas to merge with my original recommendations. Check these web links:

http://global.lakeland.com/hi_vis_leggings.shtml - VERY hi-visability legging / gaiter, with hook n' loop (Velcro) adjustment fastener:

N.B.
(1) the web site is global, select your country or region in the upper left corner.
(2) Being mesh, these would work year round and would weigh (as we say) "next to nothing." I plan to order a pair for myself.
(3) I also note they could be worn BOTH on the lower legs and forearms (wrist to elbow).

http://global.lakeland.com/hi_vis_accessories.shtml - High Vis arm bands, leg bands, and belt.

N.B.
(1) if the leggings above are too extreme for you, this might be more your style
(2) the belt might be placed AROUND your pack so it is seen from the read.
(3) if you are wearing a poncho or trekking raincoat, wear the belt around your "waist" to cinch the raincoat just below the rucksack

Personally, having considered this further, I prefer the legging approach. The leggings are in fact "vests" for each leg and or arm. In keeping with local rules and regulations stating that pedestrians must wear a reflective vest, and considering you are wearing a rucksack and or a raincoat or poncho over it, the constantly moving leggings on the legs or arms seem (to me at least) to be a good idea.

It might look silly, but better than a full body cast in traction in hospital. Plus, your arms and legs are moving. So the results is a flashing fool walking down the street. If a motorist does not see you they are either seriously over the alcohol limit or blind.

I note that the Lakeland web site does not appear to have an online store. So, I searched further. I found several sites offering all of the above items, but I found the best prices (in the U.S.) here:
https://www.anchortex.com/brands/lakeland
For those of you in the UK or nearby in the EU, I found this site in the UK that offers similar reflective items:
http://www.kova-promotional-products.co.uk/

As always, I hope this helps someone.

It's great information. Thanks!
From one 4-nailer to another. (Also called belt-and-suspenders nut)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Just so I would walk-the-walk as well as talk-the-talk, I ordered a pair of the day-glo mesh leggings, and a pair of the leg bands from Anchortex, as indicted in my posting above. I will report on them once they are received. I like to practice what I preach...and I DO preach... ;)

Another option to consider for February type weather (OP's date) is the Day-Glo Yellows or Orange jackets and rain jackets/coats.

I walked with a couple of different people that wore the Day-Glo jackets and you could always see them for a long ways. They usually walked in front facing traffic when we were together.

Some really great options here, I hope many others will benefit from all your suggestions as well as me. Thank you all so much for taking the time to be so thorough in your helps. I have some shopping to do!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Brawblether, I hit the road this morning, just after 8am, in the frosty gloom. For conditions that you are thinking about I have in my pack a hivis vest, 2 red lights of which I have attached one to the back of my pack, the other for use at night in albergues so as not to disturb sleeper's and then to attach as a secondary flashing light. I got these from Kathmandu at sale time. They don't use the triple A battery people are talking about, but a watch battery. I have put reflective tape around four places on my pacer poles, in places on my pack (straps etc), and have the remainder of the roll with me to add it to my rain gear and whatever else I think prudent. It is a roll of orange tape which I bought from Mitre 10. I also have a couple of wristbands (or ankle) and another Velcro strip that might be useful - all purchased from Kathmandu on sale time - I have a feeling that there was a sale on when I left OZ, but not sure.

My rain gear is an altus style Poncho and if my pack is covered I have to do something with that hence the roll of reflective tape in my pack!

I tried to get one of those hivis crossover bands from a bike shop but was unsuccessful. I think they would be best of all personally - might make my own for my next trip. Janet

Hi Janet
Can't wait to hear about your winter Camino. Hope the weather treats you well .It is so hot in Perth at present I will follow you with envy:cool:
Buen Camino
Heather

Brawblether, I hit the road this morning, just after 8am, in the frosty gloom. For conditions that you are thinking about I have in my pack a hivis vest, 2 red lights of which I have attached one to the back of my pack, the other for use at night in albergues so as not to disturb sleeper's and then to attach as a secondary flashing light. I got these from Kathmandu at sale time. They don't use the triple A battery people are talking about, but a watch battery. I have put reflective tape around four places on my pacer poles, in places on my pack (straps etc), and have the remainder of the roll with me to add it to my rain gear and whatever else I think prudent. It is a roll of orange tape which I bought from Mitre 10. I also have a couple of wristbands (or ankle) and another Velcro strip that might be useful - all purchased from Kathmandu on sale time - I have a feeling that there was a sale on when I left OZ, but not sure.

My rain gear is an altus style Poncho and if my pack is covered I have to do something with that hence the roll of reflective tape in my pack!

I tried to get one of those hivis crossover bands from a bike shop but was unsuccessful. I think they would be best of all personally - might make my own for my next trip. Janet

Well, they might still hit you (life is uncertain). But it could be argued that they HAD to have SEEN YOU before they hit you. Not a big consolation, I know, but you WILL be visible. You certainly took all the advice to heart.

Best of luck, and weather on your Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
As I was walking this morning I reflected on all those that ALWAYS walk towards the traffic. I generally do, but today that would not have been the safest option at all. I moved between the right and left sides dependging on the vision that vehicles had and what the verge was like. It would not have been the safest option to stay on the left side the whole time.

Just one more thing that I do is to NEVER have anything in my ears (music etc.), even my beanie so that it doesn't impede my hearing. Janet

In most jurisdictions worldwide, the standard convention - and law - usually requires that you walk facing oncoming traffic. This is so that oncoming traffic can see you sooner than if they were approaching you from behind. I know this sometimes difficult for our friends coming from some of the UK Commonwealth countries, but we understand and are charitable correction of their "backwards" walking... ;)

If you follow some of the advice regarding wearing hi-vis vests, leggings, arm or leg band, flashing blinky LED lights, and using reflecting tap on walking poles or hiking staffs, you will have done everything you can. Like me, you might look damned silly walking down the road, but I WILL be SEEN!

Oh, and this is a BIGGIE - NEVER wear ear buds or headphones or text whilst walking along a road with traffic on it. That has been mentioned frequently, but cannot be reemphasized enough.

In the "real world" texting while walking or listening to music while walking, or both at the same time, is fast becoming one of the proximate causes of a fast increasing mortality rate in U.S> and European cities. On a Camino, as with most of life, you need to do three basic things each day - get up , show up, and pay attention. If you are not doing any one of the three things, you are placing yourself at some risk.

Play safe out there kiddies...;)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
As a child, in the UK, I can remember my father teaching us that we should always walk facing the oncoming traffic on any road without a pavement (sidewalk). The only exception was on a blind bend where it was sometimes safer to cross and walk on the outer curve. This meant stop, look nd listen very carefully before changing sides a sensible distance before the bend, then safely crossing back to the 'correct' side again. If crossing was not a safe option it was single file and close to the hedge/wall etc. Also single file was the rule unless the road allowed us to walk in pairs, never more, and drop into single file when we heard a car coming. This was in the 1950s when there was so much less traffic than now.

I was city child, but this was a lesson well learnt on outings to the countryside. It does not seem to be the norm now with many walking with their backs to the traffic and with earphones in as well. Accidents looking for somewhere to happen, with sad results for all concerned.

No intent here to offend anyone but I'm convinced our increasingly risk averse and litigious world is the poorer for the tyranny of high viz jackets, flashing lights, hectoring instructions, street furniture like cattle pens and petty officials. Fortunately the UK Higway Code is a code, not a requirement and I for one am happy to be trusted to use my common sense when walking on or crossing roads. The psychology of percieved risk versus actual risk is interesting. Likewise the behaviour of road users (drivers, riders and pedestrians) when all the lines, traffic lights, bollards and kerbs are removed. I'm sure I've read about somewhere in the Netherlands where they did that and it actually became safer. In my view a small LED light and discrete reflective strips on unlit roads is sufficient for pedestrians.

I tend to concur with Adrian as regards personal risk, or at least I did until this past June when I celebrated my 60th birthday in the Cathedral at Santiago. I also can fully concur with everything Tia Valeria says. I grew up with the same indoctrination. But the times, they are a changin'.

On the one hand, I consider myself a very careful and defensive driver for over 43 years who shares the road well with pedestrians and bicyclists. So Adrian's position on the issue make sense to me - at least on that level.

On the other hand, and by reputation, SOME Spanish drivers (the fellow driving that oncoming car or semi-rig) have a tendency to drive like some of their Italian "cousins." Laws are recommendations, road sign cautions are merely suggested practices, and speed limits are relative.

So, having entered whatever awaits someone on the "south-side-of-sixty," I am trending towards being more cautious and obsessive about protecting my safety and health. Where as a younger, and more invincible male of the species, I might have taken more chances, I now opt to presume that the oncoming driver is preoccupied with their mobile phone, a cigarette, kids in the car, or anything but focusing on seeing ME. ;)

Hence, the blinky, reflective, day-glo scarecrow you see walking on an autopista will likely be me. Be sure to give us a wave and a "Buen Camino" when you amble past me...:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I recently completed my second Camino France;s 27 April - 30 May, 2014. During the 34 days on the Way, I experienced 20 days of rain, snow, or low light / poor visibility. When I reached O'Cebreiro, in mid-May, there was a total white-out in effect from a snow squall. It only lasted an hour or so, but you could not see 50 meters in front of you. Based on this additional experience, and in the name of fairness and journalistic accuracy and personal integrity, I need to modify some of my prior comments regarding being safe whilst road walking.:rolleyes:

My earlier suggestions revolved around buying and carrying additional small items to increase my "visibility profile" while road-walking. This year, I refined that solution. I believe my revised idea saves weight and complexity.

Instead of carrying separate hi-vis vests, leggings, bands straps, blinky lights and the like (all of which add incremental weight), I am now of the opinion that there is a far simpler and lighter weight solution. It just looks a bit strange, and it might strike some as slightly wacky. But this is the Camino, NOT a fashion catwalk...:confused:

My observation - I was paying far closer attention this year - is that simply wearing colors NOT found in nature on a dimly lit, cloudy, rainy, snowy day significantly increases your visibility to a driver. The greater the contrast against a prevalent green, brown, tan, grey or white (snow) background, the better your chances of being seen. My modified solution includes buying outer wear, jackets, fleece, ponchos, head gear, gloves and even rucksacks, in something like the lemon-yellow, hi-visibility color (or similarly bright) to what road and construction workers wear when they work alongside the road with traffic flashing by.

Simply put, wearing a rain poncho that is black, rust, dark or olive green, brown, etc., is not as effective at alerting a driver to your presence as is lemon-yellow, international orange, or any other bright contrasting color that the driver would not normally see. The contrast attracts attention. You WANT attention when you are walking against oncoming traffic.:)

This year, I wore a light, bright blue siliconized nylon poncho by Sea to Summit. Last year, I wore a deep red Ferrino walking raincoat. I know I was more visible against the green scenery prevalent along most of the Camino in the light blue poncho than last year's deep red.

I also purchased a lemon-green-yellow Outdoors Research "OR" ball cap I came across at Ponferrada. At first, I just thought the color was "cool." But as I walked, I realized this made my head a lot more visible than tan, black or grey might have. I also had a tan sun hat that I used - well - on bright sunny days...;)

Blinky lights and LEDs still have a place in the overall scheme. But looking like an alien from another planet as you walk is not the solution.:eek:

My hiking poles still have three rings of 33 mm (1 inch) wide, 3M reflective tape above each section collar. Waving these reflective poles perpendicular to an oncoming driver always gets their attention, especially if they have their headlights on. It is all in the wrist. I also carried one set of red and white bicycle blinky lights that could mount on my hiking sticks if desired.

However, it occurred to me after looking at my reflection in shop windows as I was walking, that the huge light blue blob in the poncho (the poncho also covered the rucksack) with the day-glo hat was just as visible to an oncoming motorist as my previously described hi-tech scarecrow, mentioned and discussed above, and with no incremental weight penalty.

BTW, I never used the pair of blinky lights. By the time I needed them, I had sufficiently adopted the high-contrast color scheme I am now recommending. The LED lights became dead weight.

For the record, after several crappy, cloudy, rainy days of walking, I posted about a kilo of separate hi-vis gear I had prepared, and as discussed above, to Ivar at Santiago to hold for me. We continue to learn as we progress. It is part of life...

In fact, last year, I sent Ivar three boxes. This year I sent him four. I guess some people are harder to teach than others.;)

In my defense, much of this over-weight gear included items I brought specifically to test for review here. Some was donated along the way. Other items were mailed to Santiago. I WILL eventually arrive at my perfect Camino kit. To this end I am committed. besides, it gives me something to do in the off-season.:)

As always, I hope this insight helps someone.

In a post early last year (?) it was pointed out that the police were enforcing the law about pedestrians wearing some form of hi-vis vest etc when walking in the dark outside of towns, or in places without street lighting and also in bad visibility. Pilgrims as well as locals were expected to comply, and there was a minimum standard required which included reflective strips as well as hi-vis colour.
We adapted our hi-vis vests with strips to go on either with or without our packs and also over our ponchos. The 'blinky' lights are on a hi-vis strip, attached to pack, and worked well apart from the LED wire failing, so no lights on mine.
However you achieve it be seen and stay safe (and legal)

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I do not disagree with Tia Valeria. My revised approach is to incorporate as much of the weight into your regular outer garments.

If you must add adhesive hi-vis strips or LED blinky lights to remain "legal" then, by all means do so. Just remain vigilant about the trade-off between effectiveness, weight, and the law.

How many times have you actually seen a police car out patrolling the various secondary and tertiary Camino roads? Personally, I can count the instances one my two Caminos on one-hand. I am not advocating "breaking" the law. I am suggesting a reasonable approach to meeting the spirit of the law.

I am beginning to think the "ideal" solution would be a hi-vis (lemon yellow), reflective mesh ball cap or other cap with a broad brim, fitted with front and rear blinky lights. You would wear the cap OVER your poncho or raincoat hood on rainy days. The cap "bill" would keep most water off eyeglasses. The mesh feature would permit the cap to be worn on sunny days, with the lights turned on or off.

Anyone seen something like this lurking around the web? I have seen a variety of ball caps fitted with LED lights on the front edge of the bill to replace the need for a flashlight in the dark. This might be a starting point.

Let us all know what you find. I remain open to any and all ideas and entertainment solutions...;)

We were fortunate to be able to buy the lightweight mesh type vests, with reflective strips. I just added a little more - again lightweight. Most available here are way to heavy, and so is the tape. Your ideas are good, but our 'silly hats' go under our poncho hoods so we can see where we are going!! LOL, maybe a band round our Tilley hats would look good. We only have fleeces and ponchos so our method worked well for us, as well as on a fine day (shirts only) on a busy road up to Grandas de Salime.

All ideas worth investigating to help keep the weight down :). Our total 'extra' weight was 200gms (vest and 'blinky' strip).

Hi I was bought one of these LED lights as a little present, and it really strobes a good light in the dark. Not had too much use for it as I mainly walk in day light but the battery for the LED strobe have never changed in 7 years. It still works the lights are so light(no pun intended) and costing less than £2 each so living in Yorkshire makes them well worth a try!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 20.57.14.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 20.57.14.png
    168.5 KB · Views: 6
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
**Update** I reached out to the developer and a fix is in! unistalled the app again, and reinstalled the new updated version, and it works like a charm again! Hi! I am 15 days out from my...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Greetings Fellow Pilgrims! I have more than a month to go until I leave on my first Camino, but couldn't resist getting my pack together already this weekend. My full backpack (Deuter 30 L) is...
I had bought the long Camino banner-style map in Santiago and finally got around to having it framed. The framers managed to tear my map and I'm in need of a replacement. Does anyone know where...
Hi Guys This is just for info really; but if mods want to they can delete! For this May's Camino i have gone back to my Talon 33 (so much less stuff this time; in fact everything is in the top...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.