• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Following my heart in May/June 2020

msligab

Time of past OR future Camino
My first Camino in 2020. May/June from SJPdP to the end of the World hopefully.
Hey, Camino people! I’ve been thinking about this journey from time to time already since 2014. Now the feeling is stronger than ever, so I’ve finally decided to really do it. I’ll arrive in Biarritz on May 12 and start my Camino from SJPdP on May 13 (beautiful date, haha 😁) hoping to reach Santiago in 34/35 days and then continue to Finisterre/Muxia or Muxia/Finisterre (dunno yet).
Why? Because I’m feeling exhausted, burnt out and lost. Just want to reset myself completely. Clear and heal my head and heart. Let go of everything I don’t need and hopefully find out what I need. Change myself and my life for better. Maybe finally believe in myself and that I can/am more than I believe I can/am. Actually I don’t know why exactly, it’s kinda mix of many things/feelings/emotions, but what I know for sure - this is perfect time for me to finally experience Camino and it’s magic. Buen Camino! 🙂✨

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
You will accomplish more than this and some!
Buen Camino and if you need any help with what ever - PM me!
BC SY
Thank you! 😊

Hey, Camino people! I’ve been thinking about this journey from time to time already since 2014. Now the feeling is stronger than ever, so I’ve finally decided to really do it. I’ll arrive in Biarritz on May 12 and start my Camino from SJPdP on May 13 (beautiful date, haha 😁) hoping to reach Santiago in 34/35 days and then continue to Finisterre/Muxia or Muxia/Finisterre (dunno yet).
Why? Because I’m feeling exhausted, burnt out and lost. Just want to reset myself completely. Clear and heal my head and heart. Let go of everything I don’t need and hopefully find out what I need. Change myself and my life for better. Maybe finally believe in myself and that I can/am more than I believe I can/am. Actually I don’t know why exactly, it’s kinda mix of many things/feelings/emotions, but what I know for sure - this is perfect time for me to finally experience Camino and it’s magic. Buen Camino! 🙂✨
Hi dear, welcome to Camino! My wife and me will start May 15 from SJPdP. I guess we may meet on the camino because last 3 times, we usually took 27 days. I wish we can say Hola~ Buen Camino someday.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Its the perfect time to walk, flowers everywhere, poppies on the Meseta, storks with their babies in their nests. Everything is green and beautiful.
You can become very aware of all your surroundings and find peace in just being in nature.
(Remember keep your feet happy and the rest of you will be too)
Buen Camino

Hello and welcome Msligab! On matters like this I try to be careful about advice but I will say this; open your mind and heart, use your phone sparingly and start walking west. I think you’ll be amazed by the possibilities. Buen Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi dear, welcome to Camino! My wife and me will start May 15 from SJPdP. I guess we may meet on the camino because last 3 times, we usually took 27 days. I wish we can say Hola~ Buen Camino someday.
Thanks! Buen Camino to you and your wife, probably see you at some point there! 😊✨

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. The changes and new self-image may not even happen on the Camino itself.
Thanks! Let’s see what happens! I’m open for my camino and everything it brings. 😊

Its the perfect time to walk, flowers everywhere, poppies on the Meseta, storks with their babies in their nests. Everything is green and beautiful.
You can become very aware of all your surroundings and find peace in just being in nature.
(Remember keep your feet happy and the rest of you will be too)
Buen Camino
Thanks! Sounds amazing! ✨😊

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hello and welcome Msligab! On matters like this I try to be careful about advice but I will say this; open your mind and heart, use your phone sparingly and start walking west. I think you’ll be amazed by the possibilities. Buen Camino.
Thank you! That’s exactly what I’m gonna do! 😊

Started SJPDP May 13 2018, best experience of my life which makes you understand how little you really need in life to be content.

All the best on your journey and hope you make the end of the world and find for that which you are searching.

Go for it - you won’t regret it!
Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Msligab from Latvia, I've been to Estonia, Finland, Sweeden, but never to Latvia- but the Baltic Sea is beautiful, and all the people we met there were wonderful, so I'm confident that you will be welcomed with open arms by your fellow pelegrinos and by the Spanish people you meet along the way. It helps, but not mandatory, if you can speak a little Spanish- the locals will love you for trying.
My one suggestion for you is to make your first day going up the Pyrenees a short one, and stop for the day at Refuge Orisson (make a reservation now -or as soon as they open for the season). It was best communal dinner for the whole camino, and friends were made there that night that I would bump into at various stops along the way. Buen Camino

Started SJPDP May 13 2018, best experience of my life which makes you understand how little you really need in life to be content.

All the best on your journey and hope you make the end of the world and find for that which you are searching.
Thank you! ✨😊

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello Msligab from Latvia, I've been to Estonia, Finland, Sweeden, but never to Latvia- but the Baltic Sea is beautiful, and all the people we met there were wonderful, so I'm confident that you will be welcomed with open arms by your fellow pelegrinos and by the Spanish people you meet along the way. It helps, but not mandatory, if you can speak a little Spanish- the locals will love you for trying.
My one suggestion for you is to make your first day going up the Pyrenees a short one, and stop for the day at Refuge Orisson (make a reservation now -or as soon as they open for the season). It was best communal dinner for the whole camino, and friends were made there that night that I would bump into at various stops along the way. Buen Camino
Hello and thank you, Mike! I can’t speak Spanish, but I’ll definitely learn some basic phrases until my Camino. Yeah, I’ve decided to stay at Orisson, don’t want to rush anything + I think it would be better for me if I start my “little” walk slowly. 😅 I kinda booked my night there via their website 5 days ago, got a pre-book confirmation, still waiting for the payment link though, but I’m sure I’ll get it soon. 😊

You might want to consider a rest day in St Jean before you start. I was anxious to start my first Camino and started the next day. I found I had more trouble adjusting to the time change than when I take a jet lag day. But if you are traveling within Europe, go for it.

You have been ready for while I suspect. Don't over think it. Just go and start and pray to receive what is needed. Ultreia!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You might want to consider a rest day in St Jean before you start. I was anxious to start my first Camino and started the next day. I found I had more trouble adjusting to the time change than when I take a jet lag day. But if you are traveling within Europe, go for it.
Thanks! :) I'm traveling within Europe, yes, so would like to start as soon as possible since no jet lag for me. Got the information from the airline that my flight from London to Biarritz has changed from 13:40 to 19:00 though, which makes my travel day much longer and very exhausting (London isn't the start point for me) + with this new flight time I can't manage to take the last train to SJPdP, so I have to find a place where to stay the night in Bayonne instead of SJPdP and then take the first train to there in the morning, but I'm staying positive. There is definitely some reason for it. Maybe it's my first lesson/challenge/test.. :)

Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Wonderful!! here is a thing ..... every now and then stop and look back, ideally from high up .... you will be utterly amazed at how far you have walked ... amazed how strong you are, how as a human you belong on this world ... and the feeling will hit you "why, I could walk around the world if I wanted to" - it is so empowering, freeing ... so remember to do that!

Buen Camino - every step!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.