A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

For summer, a sleeping bag for how many degree?

2020 Camino Guides

ElíasHHS

Camino(s) past & future
I will start from St. Jean Pied de Port at around July 15, and have almost 40 days time.
I am going to buy a sleeping bag for July's trip. What kind of sleeping bag do I need? I wonder the temperature's variation at night.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Between June 22 and July 17, 2015 on the Camino Frances from Astorga to Muxia I did not use my sleeping bag at all. The disposable sheets were usually enough and I wore some clothes on the cooler nights.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Between June 22 and July 17, 2015 on the Camino Frances from Astorga to Muxia I did not use my sleeping bag at all. The disposable sheets were usually enough and I wore some clothes on the cooler nights.
I don't like sleeping (especially in a public space) without something covering me, so I use a silk sleep sack. Most albergueshhave blankets available (of varying quality). I also bring a very small and lightweight down blanket, which I have needed even in the summer months.

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
All you will need is a sleeping bag liner. I have one that is synthetic and stuffs into a small sack, about the size of a can of beer. I found it was perfect on a July Camino Frances.

Henry B

Camino(s) past & future
I agree with RJM.
I walked the CF in Sept Oct last year and never used my sleeping bag. I gave it away in Estella! Every albergue I stayed in offered blankets.
Buen Camino

Arctic_Alex

Camino(s) past & future
Finished: Camino Frances April/May 2019
Considering: Primitivo May 2020
I have the feeling the original post refers to sleeping outdoors.

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2020? Hopefully Via de Bayona/Burgos to Ponferrada/Camino de Invierno
If sleeping inside, I’d bring the lightest sleeping bag you can. Something like that
I prefer a sleeping bag to a sleeping liner as I have been cold a few nights - even in Summer, usually around Rabanal or on the way to Finisterre. Depends on the year.

Arctic_Alex

Camino(s) past & future
Finished: Camino Frances April/May 2019
Considering: Primitivo May 2020
The OP gives no indication to either indoors or outdoors.

Hey OP, you sleeping inside or outside on your Camino?
If i remember he asked elsewhere what to me seemed to point slightly towards sleeping outdoors. But I might be mistaken. So let us wait for clarification :)

Reactions: RJM

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
I prefer a sleeping bag to a sleeping liner as I have been cold a few nights - even in Summer, usually around Rabanal or on the way to Finisterre. Depends on the year.
That's why I bring my little down blanket. 😊

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (1989 and 2016), Portugues - from Porto (2018)
When we did our Camino Frances, starting July 7, we didn't need sleeping bags, just the liners. Sometimes even that seemed too much!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 50 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 179 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 293 24.6%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 339 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock