• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Framed Compostela

hokiebobwise

July '23 (CF/Astorga)
Time of past OR future Camino
CF/Astorga July 2023
Hello forum friends,

I had searched historical threadsa and found a few on framed compostelas. I wanted to share what I had done at Michael's, here in the US. The individual, David, that helped me helped with determine that side by side would create less "white space" on the frame, and then the matte color was chosen to bring out the maroon in the script. The last step was the frame and the one that looked the best, that we went with, is a natural wood fro Spain -> chills shot up and down my spine and I just knew it would be perfect, for me.

Buen Camino

Bob

Attachments

• 20231105_104858.jpg
    20231105_104858.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 864
  • 20231105_104904.jpg
    20231105_104904.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • 20231105_104908.jpg
    20231105_104908.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
After our first Camino Frances in 2015, we also went to a nearby Michaels and framed and matted our Compostelas, pilgrim’s passports and map of Camino Frances I bought in the Cathedral’s gift store. Turned out great and hangs in our dining room. We similarly framed the three other sets of Compostelas we earned and these are also hung in our dining room. BobE4D060F2-DC1B-42E8-AF7F-24F22C3ED260.jpeg

Wow, you guys both went all out! They look nice.

Ours are still rolled up in the paper tube since 2016 and another one from June this year. A variety of used credentials occupy a ziplock bag in my sock drawer...a new one for every time we've walked a whole or a part of one Camino or another.

The more I walk, the more of a minimalist I become, so I expect with the next move upon my retirement in May, I may just recycle the whole lot so I don't have to find a new place for these momentos when we relocate.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola I have both my compostela's and the distance certificates framed and also have the two credentials (passports) framed. Its often a reference to see where I was on a particular date. On my next camino (Porto) I am going to be more rigorous recording the dates (even days). Good post. Cheers

After our first Camino Frances in 2015, we also went to a nearby Michaels and framed and matted our Compostelas, pilgrim’s passports and map of Camino Frances I bought in the Cathedral’s gift store. Turned out great and hangs in our dining room. We similarly framed the three other sets of Compostelas we earned and these are also hung in our dining room. BobView attachment 159763
Amazing....

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My husband and I had our Compostelas framed somewhat like the first picture ( no distance certificates), with a pocket on the back of our frames for our credencials. I'd include a pic, but I'm traveling now.

My husband and I had our Compostelas framed somewhat like the first picture ( no distance certificates), with a pocket on the back of our frames for our credencials. I'd include a pic, but I'm traveling now.
Clever idea!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wow, you guys both went all out! They look nice.

Ours are still rolled up in the paper tube since 2016 and another one from June this year. A variety of used credentials occupy a ziplock bag in my sock drawer...a new one for every time we've walked a whole or a part of one Camino or another.

The more I walk, the more of a minimalist I become, so I expect with the next move upon my retirement in May, I may just recycle the whole lot so I don't have to find a new place for these momentos when we relocate.
Could you use your credencials and compostelas as feature "wallpaper" in your new home?
Like, @peregrina2000 , our stamps are fading too, but given that I just threw mine on a thrifted picture, it's not surprising. The watercolour was gifted to me by a forum member, which makes it very special.

IMG_3059.jpeg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lovely! I have meant to frame mine from Camino Frances 2021 and it is still in it's tube. Now I have a second tube looking at me forlornly lol. I will get to it eventually lol.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Could you use your credencials and compostelas as feature "wallpaper" in your new home?
Like, @peregrina2000 , our stamps are fading too, but given that I just threw mine on a thrifted picture, it's not surprising. The watercolour was gifted to me by a forum member, which makes it very special.

View attachment 159896
Wow, that is so done and the watercolors are amazing

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.