A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

Funniest Camino Picture

Anamya

Keeping it simple
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Portugues (2017)
Lebaniego (Planning)
There have been several "Favorite Picture" posts. Just curious....what's your "funniest" picture.
My entry is this shot in Burgos. It was supposed to be of my wife and I goofing off with an ice cream. However the background was ....um....unintended.
I laughed that even the store sign on the upper left is announcing what is below.

Jodean

Camino(s) past & future
22 Sept. to 21 Oct. 2015, Pamplona to Santiago
6-23.04 Porto to Santiago 2018
17.09-30.09 CF 2018
This was on the Portugese Camino about 4 days out of Porto. We laughed and laughed at the weird randomness of this.
30530539_1852344505058621_6380048664076746752_n.jpg

Jodean

Camino(s) past & future
22 Sept. to 21 Oct. 2015, Pamplona to Santiago
6-23.04 Porto to Santiago 2018
17.09-30.09 CF 2018
Well we thought it was pretty random to have a doll stuck in a tree, seeing how it was the only one we saw, let alone the clown wired to its' arm.
:)

Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances, Norte, Ingles, Primitivo, Aragones, Vasco, SanSalvador, Fisterre, Muxia - more than once
Strange! I saw similar dolls in Gallicia, tied up to a tree. I thought they were used against naughty birds, but maybe I'm mistaken?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Well we thought it was pretty random to have a doll stuck in a tree, seeing how it was the only one we saw, let alone the clown wired to its' arm.
:)
Forgive my weird sense of humour. I thought it was someone with their own take on some of the little grottos that you can come across... and I would have laughed too, such a focussed expression on the doll’s face!

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
From my 2016 Caminos...

I just had to take a photo of this guy on Praza do Obradoiro. He came in sweated Che Guevara T-shirt and then he changed into a T-shirt with Pope on it. Imagine...
2016-06-26 12.21.26.jpg

Those two were taken on Camino Ingles. If you have any explanation please feel free to respond :)
2016-07-05 08.51.26.jpg 2016-07-05 08.52.33.jpg

Last edited:

Paul S.

Absolute Beginner
Camino(s) past & future
Almere-Fisterra via Namur, Vézelay, St. Jean PdP, Irun, Camino del Norte (February-June 2016)
IMG_2760.JPG
Sorry about the blurry image - no fancycam but just an elderly iPhone...

I really loved these signs. The upper one is sort of funny ('keep your shoes on'), but the lower one is priceless: 'we don't have wifi; talk to eachother'. Such great advice... It may not really come as a surprise the photo was taken somewhere along the last stretch of the Camino Francés (which, by the way, I enjoyed thouroughly - even after the relative peace and quiet on the considerably less crowded Camino del Norte and the complete serenity of the practically deserted roads leading me to St. Jean Pied-de-Port - as if doing three different caminos in one go; four if you count Santiago-Finisterra. Ah, memories...).

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 192 24.4%