• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting ready for my first camino June 2015

pedro lopez

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2015 for the first time
So I decided to walk the camino frances starting June 2015.

I'm 24 years old from Fort Lauderdale FL. I'm planning to start my journey the first week of June starting at ST. Jean Pied de Port. hopefully reaching Santiago by the first week of July. Any suggestions to where should I fly in coming from USA? I was thinking Barcelona then catching ground transportation to St. jean.

I'm in the process of gearing up for the camino. any advice suggestions are appreciated since this is my first camino or long hike.

anyone else doing el camino on June?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I would suggest flying into Pamplona with a return from Santiago. Iberia Airlines uses Miami as a hub, so check their prices. You can take a bus from Pamplona to SJPdP.

So I decided to walk the camino frances starting June 2015.

I'm 24 years old from Fort Lauderdale FL. I'm planning to start my journey the first week of June starting at ST. Jean Pied de Port. hopefully reaching Santiago by the first week of July. Any suggestions to where should I fly in coming from USA? I was thinking Barcelona then catching ground transportation to St. jean.

I'm in the process of gearing up for the camino. any advice suggestions are appreciated since this is my first camino or long hike.

anyone else doing el camino on June?
Hy ' as Falcon stated , fly to Pamplona and from there take a bus . Wish you happy planning and a Buen Camino , Peter .

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Welcome Pedro! I will be flying to Pamplona (in September) and plan on staying at this place and having them take me to SJPdP the next day. You may want to check them out: http://www.corazonpuro.es/

Welcome Pedro! I will be flying to Pamplona (in September) and plan on staying at this place and having them take me to SJPdP the next day. You may want to check them out: http://www.corazonpuro.es/

hey Mike,

that looks good, I'm guessing they can probably help me send my suitcase to Santiago from Pamplona and pick it up later when I get there.

another quick questions should I take my actual passport with me during the camino?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yes, otherwise they will NOT let you into the country! Buen Camino! SY
Pedro used the word "during" in relation to his passport!
Hi Pedro I'll be doing the Camino in June and perhaps our paths will cross! Buen Camino!

Three ladies from the west coast going on the same dates as you. Two of us are flying into Barcelona and taking the last week of may to make it up to SJPDP. The other is flying in to Biarritz then taking a train down to SJPDP. We gave ourselves about a week before and 11 days after to travel that way we can see more and make it back to Barcelona. I've traveled to a few countries and I always go for the cheapest possible option even if it means a bit more traveling. A lot of people prefer to get to there destination much quicker so its just whatever your preference is.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Pedro and welcome! I will also be starting the first week of June. Either the 1st or 2nd. I'm coming from SoCal. I'm flying into Paris and home from Madrid. I wanted a little time to explore before and after my Camino so Paris and Madrid made more sense to me. I think where you fly to and from should be based on what you plan on doing before and after your camino (if anything). Anyway, best of luck to you on your Camino and perhaps we'll cross paths. Buen Camino! - Jo

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone, I’m about to embark on my first Camino this month in a week or so. I had plans to go with a friend but it fell through so now I’m visiting a friend in France until I work up the...
Hello all fellow pilgrims! To celebrate my 70th birthday I'll be following the Frances path from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostela. Really excited abut the journey for me starting...
Good evening all! We began our yearly route to Santiago, today! We 4 Peregrinos resumed our Camino at Rabanal del Camino and walked to Acebo. We encountered Snow, Hail Stones and rain. We loved...
June 22 -@Amachant (SJPP)
Hi I'm Keith 60 years young from Newcastle upon Tyne UK.arriving on the 1635 Edinburgh ryanair flight on 9th September 2024 anyone like to share my express bourricot

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back