• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Going Home

Sayumm19

Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria > Finisterre (2014)
I finished camino last week and just arrived home in the US... It's so strange. Some moments I feel like I never went to Spain, that it was all a dream. And then the next minute, I'm freaking out because I can't cope with being back.
After being home 1 day, people say they see a change in me, but i can also feel my old bad habits creeping up.
Paying bills, going to work, even cooking dinner feels monotonous and has no meaning.
What now?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Deep breaths pilgrim, deep breaths. The world you have come home to hasn't been on Camino. It will only have changed a little. You will probably have changed a lot. So look at the place you have come home to through a pilgrim's eyes. See it as somewhere new, somewhere to experience new things in new ways. Don't have too many expectations but look for the different, the new, the better.

And in the meantime start planning your next Camino :p

If you have too much 'stuff' in the house, now is a good time to review what you really need....;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Just had an unseasonal spring clean week resulting in 2 trips to the tip and one to the charity shop. I even have an empty draw in the chest in my bedroom! I blame the Camino that finished in June. This seems to happen a lot between walks and I dread to think what will happen again after I get back again in September! I do hope I still keep the bed! :rolleyes:

Just had an unseasonal spring clean week resulting in 2 trips to the tip and one to the charity shop. I even have an empty draw in the chest in my bedroom! I blame the Camino that finished in June. This seems to happen a lot between walks and I dread to think what will happen again after I get back again in September! I do hope I still keep the bed! :rolleyes:

Just a thought al, if you don't keep the bed you can always sleep walk in October;)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Before I departed on my first Camino...I was up to my eyeballs in "stuff". Stuff that I agreed to do, because another didn't step forward. Stuff that had accumulated in a very broken relationship...I was determined to fix. Stuff I hadn't seen or used in more than one year. And, stuff I put in my own way that would preclude walking the Way again.
I figured that much of what I agreed to do...was during my FREE Time. So, I looked over the "stuff" and found others had picked them up in my absence. I congratulated them on their fine work and moved on planning my next Camino during my free time. The relationship was dragging me down, forcing a wedge between me and my family. So, I sat down, found more negatives than positives and realized you can't help someone that can't help themselves. Aside from a picture of me when I broke my arm, most of the stuff I had accumulated was just so much stuff. I picked up an item...put it in the trash, another item...into the trash. Pretty soon...the only stuff I retained was the "Camino stuff" I needed for my second Camino. Oh, btw, when I said "into the trash" I meant given to a consignment shop, a thrift store or put on Craig's List. The result: I paid for nearly all my Camino with the cash or tax breaks received.

My point is: If you go on Camino looking for something...you just may find it. If you return home and go back to the same old, same old looking for a change in others...you may forget the change in you and become disappointed.

Al,
you will know you're in trouble when you install a set of bunk beds!
buen camino

What now?

What now? OBVIOUSLY, planning the next one!! ;). I noticed you went Sarria- Finisterre. OMG! You need to get back to the BEST parts of the Camino Frances! This is such a no brainer-- start planning the return starting at SJPDP to (say) Logrono. If not the French Way , there are at least 15 different routes denominated Camino de Santiago. Research them and pick the next one, start planning.

The only time I experienced a deep withdrawal from the Camino was the first time. Easily taken care of when I started planning the return. After 5 times, I am on planning the next: Sept-Oct 2015.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.