• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Hi , I am meeting up with my husband at the end of the Camino.

Paula Smith

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked from Leon to Santiago April/2013, Portuguese Camino/ 2015, planning St. France's Camino in May/2016
Can anyone out there tell me how I get from Santiago de Compostella Airport to Biarritz? I thought Ryanair , but can't seem to flights.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I do not believe that there are any direct flights from Santiago to Biarritz.

Alternative airports that are not too far away from Biarritz are Pamplona and Bilbao, or via Barcelona airport.

Have you considered taking the train or a coach ?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Paula,

If you want to do the journey by air, this option might work for you:
Ryanair from Santiago to Madrid: departs 6.45am, arrives 08.00.
Iberia Madrid to Biarritz: Departs 12.00, arrives 13.05.

You could probably find other possible flight combinations - start by looking at the Biarritz Airport website and checking their list of Spanish destinations.

Rome2Rio, as @mspath says, is a great site for travel planning.

Buen Camino!

I do not believe that there are any direct flights from Santiago to Biarritz.

Alternative airports that are not too far away from Biarritz are Pamplona and Bilbao, or via Barcelona airport.

Have you considered taking the train or a coach ?
Hi Paula,

If you want to do the journey by air, this option might work for you:
Ryanair from Santiago to Madrid: departs 6.45am, arrives 08.00.
Iberia Madrid to Biarritz: Departs 12.00, arrives 13.05.

You could probably find other possible flight combinations - start by looking at the Biarritz Airport website and checking their list of Spanish destinations.

Rome2Rio, as @mspath says, is a great site for travel planning.

Buen Camino!
Thanks everyone

While it would require a short train ride, there seems to be more connections to Bordeaux (BOD). There’s a quick and inexpensive bus transfer between the airport and train station.

Another option, hope it helps.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I assume you are currently married...rather than hoping to meet your future husband on arrival in Santiago. That would be taking “the Camino provides” saying a bit to far ;):cool::D

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings fellow travelers, I am hoping to do my first international trip at 57 and solo to walk the Camino Primitivo in mid-July. I want to book the trip through either Santiago Ways or Camino...
I'll be volunteering in Santiago July 01- July 15 this year with the Camino Companions who offer services for the English speaking pilgrims, announcements at mass, English Mass at the Pilgrim's...
Hi my name is Bryce (Australian) and I’m doing the Camino Frances starting September 15. My wife is 57 years old and was born without her left thigh bone. She can wear a prosthetic leg for very...
Hi everyone, I was just listening to Ivar's last video and he mentioned Ed Sheeran. So fyi: a heads up. Ed Sheeran will be doing a concert at Monte de Gozo on July 6th this year. Expect there to...
Hello✨✨✨✨ I ve just finished my thirty-day walk from San Sebastian and it’s a weird feeling I m going through , a mix of sadness and solitude. I kept afar Icts in the past few days to « see » and...
June 16, @Walkwest, Asturias airport

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back