• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Historical arrival numbers

Mananath

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances July 2022
Hi- Earlier this year I walked the Camino Frances, arriving in Santiago on Aug 2nd. In a few weeks I am going to be giving a presentation about my journey to some coworkers and I was hoping to include some numbers. Is there a place online where I can find out how many people arrived in Santiago on the day I did? And then how many pilgrims have arrived in Santiago this year in total?
thanks
Michael

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
This website will let you see the arrivals each day during the year. Click at the right point along the graph for the date you want to see. This is what it says for 2 August 2022

Screenshot_2022-12-13-19-55-50-249.jpg

This website will let you see the arrivals each day during the year. Click at the right point along the graph for the date you want to see. This is what it says for 2 August 2022

View attachment 138120

This was perfect, thanks. The official site doesn't seem to provide historical daily numbers.

Hi Mananath,

this german website provides pilgrim numbers since 1989 until today.
It shows total numbers of all caminos or separated by each camino, nationalities, gender, age etc.
Years marked by a star are holy years.

The numbers are based on the official statistics of the pilgrim‘s office in Santiago.

Ultreya

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Daily numbers of pilgrims who receive Compostelas at the Pilgrim Office can be found on JT Pedersen's Instagram account "thedanishvikingpilgrim" (https://www.instagram.com/thedanishvikingpilgrim/?hl=en) -- I checked for Aug. 2nd, & it was 1449 -- He also lists the total numbers of walkers up until each date too (for Aug. 2nd it was 221,991) -- Of course, these numbers are likely higher since not everybody gets a Compostela after they arrive to Santiago --

Daily numbers of pilgrims who receive Compostelas at the Pilgrim Office can be found on JT Pedersen's Instagram account "thedanishvikingpilgrim" (https://www.instagram.com/thedanishvikingpilgrim/?hl=en) -- I checked for Aug. 2nd, & it was 1449 -- He also lists the total numbers of walkers up until each date too (for Aug. 2nd it was 221,991) -- Of course, these numbers are likely higher since not everybody gets a Compostela after they arrive to Santiago --
Is there any information on the relative numbers of pilgrims on the different routes?

Is there any information on the relative numbers of pilgrims on the different routes?
The pilgrim office annual statistics summary lists the numbers for each of the major Camino routes. This is the breakdown for 2019 - the last "normal" year before COVID and the extended Holy Year.

Screenshot_2022-12-17-19-56-09-486.jpg

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back